[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. Gay person here. I just broke up with my boyfriend...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: 1455779632334.jpg (110KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455779632334.jpg
110KB, 1440x1080px
Hello. Gay person here.
I just broke up with my boyfriend... except he doesn't know that. I didn't have the courage to tell him I was leaving, so I just blocked him on all social media without saying anything.
We're both 21 and have been together since January 2015. I've gradually lost feelings for him over time and want to 'explore' some more before settling down.
He should be awake in about three hours. I feel awful.
>>
>>7234277
wow i'm a tranny and even as a near-girl i think that's a shit move.
>>
>>7234277
Be a man and tell him you fucking fag.
>>
hoo boy, you are such a fucking pussy. but your boyfriend is probably an idiot too, for wasting all his time
>>
Break up with him the right way you turd.
>>
>>7234277
Isn't he just going to look for you since you don't reply to any of his messages?
>>
Unblock him and tell him. Blocking him arbitrarily without telling him why is extremely rude, and likely to leave him wondering what the fuck is going on for weeks

>>7234414

This too. If he's smart, he'll show up at your fucking door and ask what's going on. So then you still have to break up with him face to face, but you also look like an asshole for blocking him.
>>
>>7234414
>>7234478

It's an LDR; he lives in Canada and I'm an American.

I unblocked him on Skype for a moment so I could send this message.

"Adam... I need to tell you something.

I never thought a day would come where I didn't love you. You're the kindest and gentlest person I've ever met, and you gave me some of the happiest memories of my life. This time last year, I'd have laughed if someone told me that you weren't the person I'd spend my life with. The night you visited me and our LDR became something more, the night I made love to someone for the first time, was the happiest I've ever been.

Slowly but surely, though, something changed in me. I tried to ignore it. I wanted to pretend it wasn't real. But I can't deny my feelings any longer. I want to be with someone I love, and you... aren't that person anymore...

I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I don't know when or why it happened... we never fought, you never treated me like anything less than gold... but I don't love you the way I used to. I still cherish you more than anyone else in the world, but only as a best friend. I tried, desperately, to hold on to the part of my heart that viewed you as a lover... but it slipped away between my fingers no matter how tightly I tried to hold.

I know it would be too painful for you to be 'just friends,' as much as I wish I could keep you in my life to some capacity. I'm... I'm going to block you now. You know how protective I was of you, and even if it's cowardly, I can't handle the idea of reading whatever it is you send me.

Please don't doubt a moment of what we shared. I truly did love you. You touched my soul deeper than any other human being ever has, and even if my romantic feelings have dried away, you'll always be a part of me.

Goodbye, Adam. Please live the happiest life you can."

I'm crying so much, but it feels more 'right' this way...
Any thoughts on the message I sent him?
>>
>>7234277
>I've gradually lost feelings for him over time and want to 'explore' some more before settling down.

youre a slut
>>
>>7234539
>I still cherish you more than anyone else in the world, but only as a best friend.
"that's why i'm cutting all contact with you forever. t. your ex. ps. is being a retard an std? cus if so, get yourself tested."
>>
>>7234347
> tranny
> near girl
Pick one
>>
>>7234591
...okay. I can still edit the message. What changes would you recommend?
>>
>>7234539

You're so full of your own shit.
>>
>>7234599
;_;

>>7234603
a) not being a dick or b) admitting being a dick and telling him why you're being a dick.
>>
>>7234679
What? Be more specific. I'm being a dick how? Please tell me ways to hurt him less.
>>
>>7234682
you're saying "i love you, but i'm breaking up. i want to be your friend, but i'm never speaking to you again."

just say actual things instead of that shit.
>>
>>7234277
fucking tell him
let him KNOW you're breaking up with him and tell him why
i'm a fucking tranny and even i did better with my ex
>>
>>7234539
that sounds exactly like how i felt, except i also realized my man fetish was just a phase and i'm 100% unattracted to manly guys right now
it's a shame because he's a really, really nice guy and doesn't deserve anybody like me
imo you should keep being friends though, at least to help him heal
that's what i'm doing

also sorry, >>7234767
was me
kek
need to read threads before responding
>>
>>7234277
You are despicable. Dumb moetrash poster.
>>
>>7234847
Did you read the rest of the thread?
>>
>>7234539
>faggots are selfish cowards who only care about their own feelings and will treat people like shit if it makes things easier for them
>faggots are cowards who will lie to emotionally manipulate those they're supposed to care about
>if you treat them well, they'll get bored of you and want to go fuck other men
>tfw fags are literally women
>>
>>7234539

fucking imbecile.
>>
>>7234277
Cutting off communication with someone, especially a bf, is so childish and immature. Man up, explain your feelings and leave. No one deserves to be disrespected like that. Shame on you anon
>>
>>7234277
lol wow that's pathetic
>>
>>7234855
there was a study showing that fags have similar brains to women
>>
>>7234902
What? Why?
Not that it matters now... can't edit Skype messages after one hour.
>>
>>7234957
If you don't know why then you are far worse than I imagined.

Someday when someone does the same to you, you'll know why.
>>
>>7235038
I'm kind of cringing because I think I might have been too affectionate and I heard that being too nice when breaking up with someone can make it hurt worse and oh god I wish I could delete it I was sure I wanted to break up with him but now that I actually have I'm really scared
>>
>>7234277
you're a piece of shit
>>
>>7234539
omg I'm crying so hard rn and I'm not even involved this is so sadddd no why don't break up with him ;-;
>>
>>7235136
Are you really crying?
Honestly, I'm second guessing my decision...
>>
>>7234855
>>7234943
t. Fags

Please, don't act like you're any better
>>
>>7235151
Look, if you have no romantic attraction to him, don't keep going. But for the love of god, don't leave him dead in the water. Just. Talk to him. Help him through this. Just because you can't love him doesn't mean you can't be friends. I broke up with my boyfriend for similar reasons (realize I can't commit to one relationship, realize my sexuality isn't what I thought it was), but we're still talking and remaining friends.
>>
>>7235219
We're still together. I don't know why, but Skype let me delete the message after the one hour mark. For some reason, though I was so sure I no longer loved him, the idea of him leaving my life made me hyperventilate. I'm incredibly clingy and have always stuck to him like a siamese twin. He's calm, comforting, and selfless; I'm incredibly emotional, dramatic, and selfish. He might be too good for me, if I'm honest with myself.

We're just having a mundane conversation. I'm going to wait until we meet again in person to decide what my feelings are and how to handle this.
>>
>>7234277
Gay people are fucked up, wow

I agree with all the others, this is needlessly fucking with someones emotions, this is the kind of shit which makes people sadists who want to rape / hurt others

Don't make your bf into a monster you faggot cocksucker.
>>
In all seriousness, when did BLOCKING becoming the gold standard to deal with any and all problems by people?

I never block, I talk shit out, I only block if I get spammed or some shit, or someone is autistic.

OP, coulda just talked with him, and kept the friendship. Faggots like you are why people are so fucking bitter, being blocked makes something much harsher.
>>
>>7235767
He made a thread on /adv/ where he goes into more detail. It gets even worse.
>>
>>7235786
I'm glad to see at very least other fags are calling this guy out for being a faggot...god damn.

I don't even want to know, but OP, this is seriously the kinda creates serial killers, is going from "everything is hunky dorey" to "blocked, no contact, never seen again".

Your a fucking sociopath nigger op.
>>
>>7234277
Go kill yourself, this is how my ex broke up with me. Seriously I sincerely hope you will die in a fire.
>>
>>7234277
I hope you got your shit together in the meantime and told him instead of being an insufferable, selfish megacunt.
>>
>>7235806
This is what was appended to the end of his adv post.

>
He should be awake in about three hours. If he makes a new account to try and talk to me, I'm thinking of being cold and treating him like a stranger. If he hates me, it might be easier to move on. I thought I'd ask you guys first to see if that's a good idea or would just make things worse, though.
>>
>>7234277
You're a terrible person and a coward.
>>
>>7235785
>>7235806
>>7235840
>>7235909

Why do people not read the whole thread? >>7235759
>>
>>7235815
i normally dislike this kinda reaction, but your an awful person op

devastating someone else cause your a chickenshit coward.
>>
>>7235918
fine, but NEVER think that shit is acceptable ever again, for anyone.
>>
>>7234539

wow, this is basically the same thing that happened with my first girlfriend (she's the one who left)

message is good but if he's a bit emotional he's going to cry a lot
>>
Someone cut me out of their life more or less like this. Maybe a little more gradually but still enough so that a year on I'm pretty shaken and confused by it. Don't do it like that OP. You can still be friends if you like the guy. Help him with his life. It's what I've learned the hard way is important to do...
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.