[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what does queer from lgbtQ stand for? I've tried googling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: best hair.png (900KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
best hair.png
900KB, 1366x768px
So what does queer from lgbtQ stand for? I've tried googling it but definitions have been mostly contradictory.
>>
It's a loaded term used as a catch all by certain left-wing LGBT folks who buy into feminist theories of gender and sexuality as opposed to what science says. At the end of the day, it's whatever, but it's the usual "reclaiming a slur" nonsense. It only really bothers me when people apply it to me, because that's what people used to call me when they kicked my ass as a teenager.
>>
>>7229439
>a catch all by certain left-wing LGBT folks who buy into feminist theories of gender and sexuality as opposed to what science says
Wait really? I've been using 'queer' to refer collectively to homos, bis and trannies for ages. I've never seen any connection to feminism.
>>
>>7229439
I would understand LGBTI but Q is just nonsense. Also fuck off A
>>
>>7229456
oops. meant to link.
>>7229484
>>
>>7229439
>So what does queer from lgbtQ stand for?
Cis straight people who don't feel special enough.
>>
>>7230268
This. Like pan and any tumblr identity or sexuality, it is straight girls and their beta orbiters.
>>
>>7230301
>>7230268

Ok so it's some kind of meme sexuality
But what does queer mean? Is it like a milder from of lgbt? Someone who is transgender but doesn't transition? Someone who is sometimes gay and sometimes straight?
>>
File: tumblr_ocxvi97kOw1vojxp4o2_400.gif (1MB, 268x266px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocxvi97kOw1vojxp4o2_400.gif
1MB, 268x266px
>>7229439
>So what does queer from lgbtQ stand for?

Originally it was a term that people in the 80's used who didn't fit the gay clone stereotype: for example men who were more into the punk scene than the disco scene.

Queer was the term used for people who weren't mainstream heterosexual (and hence were allies of the gay rights movement) but they didn't want to define themselves as gay or bisexual. I think it included people who were into s/m, pony play, or really anything 'twisted' or 'bent' that wasn't stereotypically gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6VTj7LhCtE
>>
>>7230324
>But what does queer mean?
Strange.
That's it.
>>
>>7229456
>they kicked my ass as a teenager.

Kek
>>
>>7229484
Anon is probably referring to intersectionality, but intersectionality in feminist, anti-racist, and LGBTQ+ struggles is good and important.
>>
questioning
>>
>>7230345
this is close to making sense, I still don't getit or buy it tho.. cis straight so not an urgent quest.
>>
>>7229439
Don't people use this to describe themselves if they aren't sure so they don't want to label it (or if they are, but want to be ambiguous), but they know they aren't straight?

It's like a term you can use if you are just curious, or like so many so many guys on here who aren't sure if they are really gay or a tranny, or not sure of bi or gay. Etc.

I think it's an attempt to make coming out and joining the lgbt community easier without having to explain that you don't know your own sexuality.

Tldr
>queer = not straight
(i think)
>>
>>7229439
I've always thought the Q stands for Questioning, i.e. people who are uncertain about their gender identity or sexual orientation
>>
>>7235083
I'd mostly agree with this except that instead of queer = not straight, it's queer = not (cis and straight)
>>
>>7229456
You sound mad.
>>7229439
It's a catch-all term for experiencing life differently in some fundamental way because of an irregular sexuality, gender, or gender expression, as far as I know. Everything LGBTQ stems from not being hetero or cis, basically, or not acting like a straight person of your assigned gender is expected to act. (Hence the term "metrosexual" which has since fallen out of fashion.)
>>
File: 1460472058656.png (272KB, 417x534px) Image search: [Google]
1460472058656.png
272KB, 417x534px
It stands for qt
>>
File: 1473284170002-1.jpg (48KB, 312x304px) Image search: [Google]
1473284170002-1.jpg
48KB, 312x304px
>>7236871
thx bb
>>
>>7229456
What a butthurt queermo
>>
Idk why everyone is saying it's about sexuality, les, gay, and bi covers the whole spectrum there. Q stands for Queer and usually refers to people who aren't full blown trans but aren't cis either. This means non-binaries as well as stuff like femboys and super butch girls.
>>
>>7229439
I feel like the Q is redundant, since isn't it supposed to include LGBT and everything else?
We should just stop expanding the LGBTQIALMAO alphabet soup and just use "queer"
>>
>>7229439
It means somebody who sounds like a queer, looks like a queer, and wears his hair like a queer
This video should clear things up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNDPzpreaow

Basically it can be just a catch-all for everybody who's not cis-het. So we don't even need LGBT anymore, just the Q
>>
>>7229439

In basic English, it means "strange". In identity politics, it means "fat".
>>
>>7229439
It basically means anything that isn't cishet. It could potentially cover all the rest of LGBT, plus more, but people tend not to use it as a general term for LGBT, since it is also used as a slur and many people are unwilling to use it to describe themselves.

>>7229485
Nothing wrong with A as long as people don't say it stands for ally.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.