[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump on 60 minutes tonight regarding same sex marriage >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 17

File: 1478422650091.jpg (119KB, 658x603px) Image search: [Google]
1478422650091.jpg
119KB, 658x603px
Trump on 60 minutes tonight regarding same sex marriage
>“It’s law,” he said in an interview with CBS’ ‘60 Minutes’ that aired Sunday. “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done.”
>“These cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And I’m – I’m fine with that,” he added.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-president-elect-donald-trump-sex-marriage-settled/story?id=43513067
>>
Zero replies. People here would rather fantasize about being poor oppressed victims than celebrate reality.
>>
File: Untitled-3.png (558KB, 534x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
558KB, 534x720px
>>7219660
Fear mongering shillbots btfo
Daddy Trump is going to make this country great again and the Soros sucking dems won't be able to stop it
>>
>>7219892
you should already known that literally all the arguments used by liberals are and have always been strawman
>>
>>7219892
why would you celebrate things staying the same?
>>
there are plenty of gay rights that are not law and not supreme court tested
>>
>>7219911
I doubt there are many people on this board who don't know that
>>
Obergefell v Hodges (2015) is settled law
Roe v Wade (1973) will have to go

Really makes you think
>>
File: CxHR3hzWIAA9lwo.jpg-large.jpg (230KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
CxHR3hzWIAA9lwo.jpg-large.jpg
230KB, 1024x1325px
Liberals be like
>"I HAD THE CORRECT OPINIONS AND NOW IM SCARED!"
>>
File: 1463504300266.jpg (43KB, 243x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463504300266.jpg
43KB, 243x300px
>>7219930
>implying he won't "evolve" on that too
He's a politician now. Everything he says is a lie and he'll do the bare minimum to keep his support
>>
I hope he goes back on everything that he's told Republishits. Fuck them all.
>>
>>7219660
Why were people scared of Trump?

I was just more scared of Trump supporters.
>>
>>7219968
It was mostly his supporters but there were people who truly believed that for the past thirty years he successfully hid the fact that his political beliefs are /pol/ memes by pretending to be center left and that he became his true self during the course of this election.
>>
>>7219968
>I was just more scared of Trump supporters.
but we love you faggots <3
>>
http://nypost.com/2016/11/13/gay-foreign-affairs-guru-on-trumps-list-for-un-ambassador

Trump loves fags.
>>
>>7219967
He never told the Republishits he was going to do anything to get rid of gay marriage or anything else lgbt-related. In fact, I don't think he's gone back on anything so far, despite the media claiming otherwise.
>>
>>7219660
>SCOTUS only gave gays the right to marriage
>there's no federal law in place for protection against discrimination in schools, workplace, housing
>gays don't get to pass on their properties to their spouse in some states or visit them in hospitals

top kek you idiot
>>
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-vows-to-protect-lgbtq-from-hateful-foreign-ideology-730050627538

REMOVE KEBAB, PROTECT FRUIT
>>
>>7219930
To be fair, murdering babies seems a little more like something worth a second look than people tying the knot with their loved one.
>>
File: 1478696003276.jpg (192KB, 902x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1478696003276.jpg
192KB, 902x1220px
So far in 2016 Trump has:
>Destroyed the Bushes
>Destroyed the Clintons
>Mortally wounded the DNC
>Enslaved the RNC
>Averted WW3
>TPP is now defunct
>MSM is committing sudoku
and still 1.5 months until he takes office
>>
>>7219967
He got the REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION to stand and applaud when he said he would protect the rights of LGBT Americans.
>>
>>7220262
>>there's no federal law in place for protection against discrimination in schools, workplace, housing

Only special snowflakes need such protection.

Those who're handicapped, mentally retarded, non-english speaking, or black/latino/religious/straight don't get those special privileges either. Why should the LGBT community?

Seriously fuck off with your need for 24/7 security. Grow a set of balls and stand up for yourself or kys.
>gays don't get to pass on their properties to their spouse in some states

Have you not heard of a will? A gay man with a will that designates his husband/lover/friend as the one who gets his assets is fully covered by the law in every state.

>gays don't get to visit their husbands in hospitals

this isn't true if they're married with a valid marriage license

Once again you harp on things that aren't true. Fuck off.
>>
File: mike.png (143KB, 285x343px) Image search: [Google]
mike.png
143KB, 285x343px
Reminder that trump is the oldest person to become president
He's the fattest in recent history
We are one McDonalds + Diet Coke induced heart attack away from President Mike "LGBT? Just Add Electricity" Pence
>>
>>7220517
>Those who're handicapped, mentally retarded, non-english speaking, or black/latino/religious/straight don't get those special privileges either
Are you retarded? Many of those groups are covered by anti-discrimination protections.
>>
>>7220556
>Are you retarded?
of course he is
>>
>>7219911
>>7220262
Here he is back in 2000 saying he wants us to be federally protected
>http://www.advocate.com/election/2015/9/28/read-donald-trumps-advocate-interview-where-he-defends-gays-mexicans
And here he is in 2015 still saying it while campaigning
>http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/donald-trump-keep-minimum-wage-pretty-much-where-it-now-n410571
Face it. He's our guy
>>
>>7219930
Murder is a more serious moral issue than buttsex.
>>
>>7219968
I'd say 60% victims of media scaremongering, 30% butthurt Shillbots ravaged over their cabdidate losing and 10% histrionic bitches with permanent victim complex.
>>
>>7220262
Workplaces should be able to discriminate.
>>
>>7220696
2000: Gays should be added to the CRA
2016: HB2 is unnecessary
also 2016: HB2 is a good idea

Again, it's not necessarily about what he personally thinks, it's about what the people he appoints to the DOJ and Supreme Court think
>>
>>7220556

Anti-discrimination laws need to be abolished as everyone has their own personal bias & dislikes.
>>
>>7220723
Why would he appoint people who don't agree with him and do the exact opposite of what he wants. Seems like there's no better way to be counterproductive and screw yourself over than doing that
>>
>>7220716
No, they shouldn't.

>>7220731
That's not a justification for abolishing anti-discrimination laws. The law of the land is not "let everyone do what they want", if it was we'd have to legalize rape and murder as well.
>>
>>7219967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cilXJk2qfCE
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
How can anyone believe someone that constantly lies? I mean not one or two times, getting caught in a lie happens to everyone, but just a straight up compulsive liar like it's his job or something. Some more quotes from Trump. Feel free to google them:

>"I think the institution of marriage should be between a man and a woman"

>"I just don't feel good about it," Trump said. "I don't feel right about it. I'm against it, and I take a lot of heat because I come from New York. You know, for New York it's like, how can you be against gay marriage? But I'm opposed to gay marriage."

>WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?

>TRUMP: I would strongly consider that, yes.

How can people keep making excuses for this guy? How does your brain not just explode from the major cognitive dissonance going on inside there? How the fuck do you rationalize the constant lying to yourselves?
>>
>>7220737
Rape and murder have victims. Workplace discrimination is victimless (you can hardly claim to be a victim because a person chooses not to hire you and give you his hard-earned money - you have no inherent right to other people's money).
>>
>>7220771
>I think
>I'm against it
>I would strongly consider
He said tonight his OPINION on the matter was completely irrelevant.
>>
>>7220771
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U
>>
>>7220733
He's going to appoint 4,000 people, it's not like he'll be personally vetting each and every one. Also, Pence took the lead on the transition team, so he will have a strong influence on choices. Plus, given that he'll be appointing federal judges of the conservative bent (beyond the Supreme Court), I'm concerned.

Of course I don't have a crystal ball and cant see the future so we'll just have to wait and see. I hope I'm wrong, but I am still very concerned.
>>
>>7220737

There needs to be VALID PROOF of discrimination.

I think businesses/landlords should go by current demographics when hiring or letting someone rent.

LGBT people only make up 3% of the population if even that. So you should only expect to see LGBT employees 3% of the time or 3% of the time in your apartment community. Black people only make up 13% of the population. You should only see Black Employees 13% of the time or 13% of the time in your apartment complex. Non-latino White people make up 62% of the population so you should expect to see White Employees 62% of the time. This is fair and just and is based on demographics.

You will constantly find businesses that only hire LGBT people, BLACK people, minorities. Which isn't fair at all to white straight people. Businesses should be required to adopt a fair and just plan based on current demographics.

Of course minorities would complain about that too...
>>
>>7220804
>A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.
>>
>>7220737
Yes they should, nobody should be forced to hire someone they don't want.
>>
>>7220813
What businesses are you talking about? Because only hiring black people/lgbt people to me sounds kindaaa discriminative unless those businesses have some valid reason
>>
>>7220808
Ole Zapper took over because of his Washington contacts not because he hates fags.
>>
>>7220844
The reason Pence took charge is immaterial. I am saying he will have a strong role in saying who gets jobs. To my knowledge he's been a good boy who dindu nuffin against Trump, but he's still Mike fuckin Pence
>>
>>7220843

I constantly go into places and feel uncomfortable...

Downtown Cafes - seem to hire lgbt people more than anyone else

Fast Food places - hires immigrants, blacks, latinos more than white people it seems

nail/hair/spa salons - hires women, usually asian women, more than any other race/gender

Gay bar/clubs - hires only lgbt people, maybe some straight men for eye candy

It's constantly like that in many places. african-american barber shops/salons only hire black people, chinese/thai/sushi restaurants only hire asians. Etc.

The world is racist obviously...
>>
>>7220874
You feel uncomfortable around LGBT people? WTF are you doing on this board?
>>
>>7220450
Gahahaha yeah, that was absolutely brilliant seeing the Republican voterbase look mildly confused but applaud for fags anyway, because fucking up 'radical Islamic terrorists' got thrown out along with it.

Its a meme dream come true.
>>
>>7219911

Like your 'right' to force people to bake cakes for you?
>>
File: Burger Fortification.jpg (206KB, 1500x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Burger Fortification.jpg
206KB, 1500x1120px
>>7219930
>>7219943

He won't be the culture warrior leading the charge. But what will happen is he will support Supreme court justices that are more likely to overturn those cases.

I think it strains intellectual honesty to pretend that when they ratified the 14th amendment in 1868, they intended it to prevent states from limiting abortion or limiting marriage to heterosexual couples.

That being said even if the supreme court overturns those decisions, what you won't see is Trump being the right wing cultural warrior trying to get states to pass laws re-implementing previous limitations.
>>
>>7219968

Why? Because of fake hate crimes? The only political violence is AGAINST Trump supporters NOT BY THEM.

When I was still a Lefty, I (repetitiously) wore an Obama shirt (I am Hispanic also) in a deeply red state and I was never accosted and I was never afraid.

Now I cannot wear a Trump hat without fearing communist thugs assaulting me.
>>
>>7220262

If hospital visitations are still a problem, then WTF was gay marriage legalization even for? The Left is intellectually disabled.
>>
>>7220813
>there needs to be VALID PROOF of discrimination
That's how it already is.
>hiring should be proportional to demographic
Yeah conservatives really love those demographic hiring quotas.
>>
>>7220450
>saying you want to protect lgbt rights
>promising to stack the supreme court with Antonin Scalia clones
You can only pick one
>>
File: trump wall helper.jpg (57KB, 784x643px) Image search: [Google]
trump wall helper.jpg
57KB, 784x643px
There is literally a video of trump saying that as president he will protect LGBT people, and he says in front of a crowd of republicans who clap for him then he sighs in relief and says " im glad you people clapped"
>>
>>7220771

Wrong. He was pandering for his nomination. Now -- as he even Tweeted -- he is unshackled and is voicing his true opinion (which he voiced numerous times before he run).
>>
>>7220874
>these places only hire these people
Those are the kinds of people who APPLY for those jobs, anon.
Nail salons are run by asians because asian immigrants all know that is a job they can do.
Fast food places hire minorities because minorities apply. Do you think McDonalds is less likely to hire you if you're white? lol they are probably more likely if anything.
>>
The liberal hysteria keeps accusing trump of being a fascist, but he is more of civic nationalist, and he for sure isnt an evangelical
>>
>>7221041
>every other demographic group already has these rights but lets make gay people feel like snowflakes for wanting them too.
>>
>>7220447
so hansum
>>
File: 4d chess.png (684KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4d chess.png
684KB, 1200x1200px
>youre face when trump deliberately ran as a republican to play the game on hard mode, won, beat the media, both the leftwing and rightwing establishment, and will probably just govern like a regular republican and maybe even push the GOP into accepting LGBT people if he actually is serious
>>
>>7221065
Damn, the mental gymnastics involved are insane. These quotes date back to 2000. Also straight up lying all the time is fine by you? WTF
>>
>>7219660
My worry was never about Trump. It was about the GOP. Trump might say he's pro-LGBT, but if he nominates socially conservative judges, and his administration is full of GOP establishment figures, and the Congress is GOP-controlled, then what is Trump to do? A president is only as good as the people he surrounds himself with.

There's three potential scenarios
>1. GOP pushes anti-LGBT agenda and Trump pushes against it, leading to party in-fighting
>2. GOP pushes anti-LGBT agenda and Trump goes along with it, leading to the destruction of LGBT rights
>3. GOP follows Trump's lead and drops anti-LGBT agenda altogether, and everyone sings kumbaya as we all hold hands and dance into the sunset

Considering how strong the socially conservative wing of the GOP still is, I honestly don't think #3 will happen. Maybe Trump will finally break the spell, but I really doubt it. So really, either Trump will be exposed as a weakling or the GOP will have a civil war on its hands.
>>
>>7221041
dont bother, they don't understand the difference between refusing service to someone based on their orientation and refusing to help partake in an act that occurs because of their orientation
i think if a bunch of black guys came up to you and asked you to make a black panthers cake you should be well in your rights to refuse (dont know what would actually happen if you did in the US), and while its an 'accidental' quality of them being black, you are not refusing them service merely because they are black. similarly, these cake things aren't christians refusing to make cakes for gays just because they're gay, but because it would be sinful for them to partake in a same-sex marriage, which would go against their conscience and religious morals
The effect of forcing them to make that cake is worse than just getting a fucking cake somewhere else
>>
>>7221216
a cake is a fucking cake. you have a perfectly clear argument if you're a pastor, or the church/location hosting the ceremony, or even a photographer, something actually involved in the event, then MAYBE.

but this is a fucking cake. make them put the topper on themselves if you need to, but absolutely fuck off.

>it's against my religious and personal beliefs to serve any republicans.
>>
>>7221073
It's a bullshit law that you're forced to serve nigs as well
If you want to make an 'Allahu Cakebar' bakery serving only muslims, go a fucking-head, just let us have our white power cookeries
>>
>>7221236
>a cake is a fucking cake
So I can walk into a San Francisco (gay) bakery and ask them to make me a cake that says "death to faggots" with decaptitated men everywhere? I mean after all, a cake is JUST A CAKE....
>get real
>>
>>7221276
yes, you fucking could, and while they might be grossed out and not like you, they legally have to fucking do it, because that's how fairness works.
>>
>>7221236
businesses have the right to exercise their religion
after all, corporations are people, my friend :^)
>>
>>7221276
are you really comparing a scene of mass murder to a wedding? you must realize how facetious you're being, right? there's no way anyone could be this unable to see beyond their own nose, right?
>>
>>7221288
>are you really comparing a scene of mass murder to a wedding
Mass murder? All I asked for was "death to faggots" and decaptitated men... Im not being unreasonable. I'll file a lawsuit against you if you don't bake my cake!!
>>
>>7221280
I'm morbidly attracted to your answer in the equality part, but it's a little fucked up.
>>
>>7221288
even if it were mass murder, the point remains. if the degree of cooperation is >>7221236 so limited like this person says, then you have no moral culpability for providing a cake that someone will take to celebrate a massacre with - the issue is not the moral content OF the event itself, but the degree to which you are involved.

I think people tend not to appreciate how important religion is in the life of some people, I think it is worth protecting to a degree almost on par with that of sexual orientation. Having a certain set of strong beliefs about what is moral and what you have to do in life is a life-shaping affair, and I'd argue that the degree of choice in the matter for the devout isn't that big. Sure, you have to make a decision to follow on your religious impulses, but I don't think people can micromanage their beliefs and just switch them on or off. If you really believe God exists, and you really feel the weight of the implications of that, it's going to be a profound part of your personality and not something you can just ignore.

there's a lot of bad blood between gays and the devout for obvious reasons. a lot of the time i just want to tell people to fuck off and stop shoving their delusion in my face. in the same respect, its not my job to tell them to sanction my assfucking when they think its gravely immoral.
>>
>>7221276
You're presuming we don't already moderate what can and cannot be reasonably said in our society. If you yell " I want to assassinate the president" it is legal to fuck you up. If you yell " I want to assassinate Putin" the state doesn't care. Freedom of speech was, is, and only ever will be freedom to say what does not offend the state's sensibilities.
>>
>>7221355
Religious folks believe all kinds of things that go against the law of the land. Should muslims be allowed to not hire women because their sect believes women should be homemakers? Should Orthodox jews have the right to only hire other jews and charge non-jews higher prices? Should Christians have the right to refuse service to women dressed in an immodest fashion? The fact is that the state decides what is and is not acceptable and forces its belief on the population all the time.
>>
>>7221371
tfw unironically yes to all
>>
What if we believe that private businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone? What's wrong with that? As long as they aren't funded by public monies I think that's the way it should be. You have the right to boycott said business as well.
>>
>>7220745
This video fills me with hope
>>
>>7221376
How about the practice of child brides in some sects? The belief of some that they should not pay taxes to the state because it is not a religious state and so has no true authority? Any semblance of order depends on the government harshly defining a code of behavior. Otherwise society degenerates to the rule of the strong i.e. the rich.
>>
>>7221379
Say you're a Christian and suddenly all of your neighbors go Allah Akbar. No one in town will sell anything to you, including food. This is essentially a deah sentence unless you can move somewhere where this is not the case.
>>
>>7221391
I agree, but what we're talking about is private business. As a matter of pragmatism I don't think you can give private business an infinite berdth (what the fuck, why do I think this is a word? whatever) to do whatever they want. Ideally everyone would leave in their own ethno-states where the government can provide for their religious and cultural mores as adequately as possible. We, however, have deigned to create a pluralist society, which requires compromise from all sides. I think one issues gays can easily compromise on is the fucking cakes.
>>
>>7221406
Hey, I'm of the faction that wishes to see religions eradicated. I'm just acting on my will to push the government in the direction that matches my beliefs, same as anyone else. Neutrality is impossible. You have to choose a side and stand for it.
>>
>>7219892
You do realize that is what he believes right? They can easily put a conservative judge and let the issue finish itself and pence isnt going to let it
>>
>Trump who lied and keeps lying about things
>Y U NO TRUST HIM
Man Drumpflets truly are retarded
>>
>>7221416
Without religion there would be no America in the first place. And no baroque art :(
>>
>>7221426
And without ceaseless bloodshed the British Empire wouldn't be an empire and so a world power today. The past does not justify the present.
>>
>>7221060
Scalia did nothing wrong. He just didn't want to overstep the executive and judicial powers and let the states ultimately decide.
>>
File: 1478892227164.png (58KB, 636x674px) Image search: [Google]
1478892227164.png
58KB, 636x674px
>>7221431
>ceaseless bloodshed
>bad
>>
File: image.png (445KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
445KB, 640x960px
>>7220771
>>
>>7221431
>British Empire
>amerifat confirmed
>>
>>7219968
this
>>
>>7221355
both of the people you quoted are me. denying anyone service of any kind based on anything that is not directly detrimental to your wealth, health, or safety, should be considered unconstitutional discrimination.

the problem with people like >>7221379 who claim we should "just boycott" the businesses that discriminate against is, is that we are 3 per fucking cent of the population. we don't have the power to boycott those who would refuse us service. we decided in the 60s that doing so based on skin color or religion is the wrong way to go about things, how are gays a problem for asking the same protections be offered to us.

"just go somewhere else" isnt a valid response either. sure this is just a cake, but if it were totally legal to discriminate against anyone as this thread seems to want, then what's to stop that from spreading to more vital services? what if going somewhere else isnt an option because you live in a small town, or the only other option is too far to reasonably travel?
>>
>>7219968
Trump is RESPONSIBLE for his supporters.

You know very well he can go openly in a big speech and openly denounce racism, and homophobia or sexism and call those behaviors disgusting.

Guess why he isnt doing it? Because he depends on those idiots
>>
>>7221465
You're not addressing my main point though, which is that its the activity the cake will be used for that is not sanctioned, not the attributes of the persons themselves. Yes, the action they participate in stems from who they are (though not by necessity), but if you start saying that you must provide for every kind of activity related to a person's intrinsic properties then you'll end up having to do all kinds of shit you would find disagreeable. We shouldn't discriminate between customers based on their politics or religion, but that doesn't mean you should be forced to make a cake for their Tea Party meeting or Pro-Israel function if you're a Democrat or a Palestinian or something. Same goes for my Black Panthers example, its related to the people's blackness and stems from it, but if you chose not to bake a cake for their Black Panther rally you wouldn't be discriminating against them for their race.

The point here is that religious people don't want to be involved in a same-sex marriage. The Catholic Church, for instance, says that you shouldn't unjustly refuse service for someone based on their orientation because you do not commit a sin by merely being attracted to men, it is the actions you perform that are sinful. Involving yourself in another person's sin, from the Catholic perspective, harms both them and you. I would not like to force a Catholic's hand and involve them in my own activity which is morally

As for examples like small towns, there will always be tricky things when it comes to this. An example would be the fact that you have to have enough valid evidence in a court of law to convict them beyond reasonable doubt - since we elevate the notion that innocent people should not be punished, we also make a sacrifice by acknowledging that many guilty people will go unpunished because of the lack of evidence. Similarly, I think it is more important to protect the right of the bakers here than the person wanting a cake for the ceremony.
>>
>>7221465
>then what's to stop that from spreading to more vital services?
Reality. Money. Bills. Expenses. This is 1 bakery out of literally millions. Maybe they can afford to lose that customer, but I bet the next bakery cannot. I would be astonished if every service in a 15 mile radius discriminated against gays just because.
>>
>>7221470
Uh, not anymore. He won the election. He's free to do as he pleases now that he doesn't need their vote.
>>
>>7221470
>Guess why he isnt doing it?
Because he doesn't need to micromanage every little inconvenience or ghastly action of a bumfuck?
>>
File: beak.png (200KB, 347x239px) Image search: [Google]
beak.png
200KB, 347x239px
>>7220874
>I constantly go into places and feel uncomfortable...
>Gay bar/clubs - hires only lgbt people, maybe some straight men for eye candy

Uhhhh, anon... are you gay?
>>
>>7221504
there is absolutely no way that a system of "you can deny service to anyone you want for any reason" does not become absolutely disastrous. if the KKK wanted their robes cleaned at my dry cleaner, or Trump himself wanted me to print off his campaign flyers at my printing store, or whatever the case might be, i have absolutely no right to say no to them if they are following proper protocol. this is not something that can be subject to self-policing, because minorities will always suffer from it at a significantly higher rate. it's completely unacceptable to do so.

>>7221518
>Maybe they can afford to lose that customer
thankfully, they could not. unfortunately im sure in their minds it's "damn fags, we didnt do anything wrong, but they took our business!!!" yeah, i have so much sympathy.
>>
>>7221544
I think religious people should have the ability to be exempt from that, if they clearly define what activites they are unwilling to partake in or some shit. There's plenty of other exceptions made for religious beliefs.

By your standards, would the church as a private, non-government organisation not be allowed to refuse to perform same-sex marriages?
>>
>>7221536
>Make a speech saying you are against racism and homophobia publicly in order to make homophobes and racists BTFO and rage
>H..he doesnt need to do it
Because he is afraid of losing support you moron, such actions would reduce hate crimes by extremist retards who feel emboldened by his win but he doenst care
>>
Too late. Trump already has a list of 20 potential SCOTUS picks which he pledged to not deviate from, and they are all very conservative, to a one.

>Shani/LGBT/s cucked again
>>
>>7221567
>reduce hate crimes by extremist retards who feel emboldened by his win
believing this is actually happening
top fuckin kek
>>
>>7221567
His base isn't sexist, homophobic, islamophobic, racist, and any other ist/ic you can think of. That's why he doesn't need to. He had all sorts of demographics voting for him because of policies he was willing to enact. and if you bring up kkk or homophobes I'll just revert you to the fact they're only a (vocal) minority.
>>
>>7221549
why though???

why should your fucking delusions over ride the law? i really dont understand. i said 'maybe' in all caps because there might be some grounds to it not following proper 'protocol' or other nonsense, but religious discriminations are inherently ridiculous.

i recently converted to Coclustism, and my religion says that i don't have to serve anyone of any other religion or non-religion. my concerns are just as valid as theirs.
>>
>>7221583
It doesn't override the law though. There are only a few states that do not enact religious liberty laws.
>>
>>7221582
>People who are homophobes and racists overjoyed by Trump winning
>Lol no i wont do anything about those retards even though a single speech would make them lose faith and get mad at me isntead
Lol, why are drumpflets so delusional and cant handle logic? Oh no he no need to do that cuz it would solve a problem
>>
>>7221603
I can taste your salty tears through my phone screen.
>btfo killary lost
>attend protests
>notmypresident hashtags on twitter
>>
>>7221601
religious liberty does not apply to refusing service to people based on beliefs. religious liberty means a right to a place of worship, a right to practice beliefs that are within the laws of the land, and a right to not partake in a very specific few civic obligations (like religious headwear in photo ID's, etc).

it does NOT protect your right to refuse to do a job that you would normally do for anyone else, based on traits of the customer.
>>
>>7221610
That is where you're wrong my felllow anon
>>
>>7221613
if i am incorrect, then the system is incorrect, and needs to be fixed. im quite sure im not though.
>>
>>7221617
>right to practice beliefs that are within the laws of the land
Which includes denying service that does not comply with your beliefs as long as the law is in compliance. Only a few states have laws saying you can't discriminate against sex orientation. The rest permit you to. Maybe religious liberty bill/law isn't the PC wording but that's what it essentially is.
>>
>>7221629
... so your argument is that it is not currently the law, therefore it shouldn't be the law.

??
>>
>>7221634
That's kind of how things work anon...
>>
>>7221583
because you forced them to create a pluralist society to accept you, so don't take their fucking rights away from them now that you have yours
>>
>>7221638
this is the most nonsensical thing i've read in this thread so far, and that's saying a lot.
>>7221640
i'm sorry, do you... understand how this country was formed? you know it wasn't "straight white people have always been here, the rest of you are invaders" right? we are humans, who want equal right, and equal treatment. if i cannot refuse to serve you for being a christian/furry/retard/4chanposter/otherthingsthatyouprobablyare, then you cant refuse to serve me for loving dick. it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>7221652
I'm pretty sure venues are allowed to decide if they want to host shit like furry conventions or Christian conferences based on their personal beliefs. correct me if im wrong
>>
>>7221609
>/pol/tard tier argument
>>
>>7221652
>this is the most nonsensical thing i've read in this thread so far, and that's saying a lot.
I'm sorry you feel that way. My argument isn't exactly "it is not currently the law, therefore it shouldn't be the law." I'm not one to decide whether or not it SHOULD be the law. But as long as it's not the law currently, it's NOT the law. I can see where you're coming from and I understand it, discriminating doesn't seem right. But to think that everyone is against this "religious liberty law" is false. I'm gay and I could care less if I'm turned away for a cake or wedding photographer or clothes steamer. Im
Not holding a fucking grudge or demanding a lawsuit. I get the fuck over it and find someone else who will gladly do it for me. You'll probably just say I'm delusional but that's fine. I'm just pointing out that not every fag thinks religious liberty laws are discriminatory.
>>
>>7221683
Thank you :)
>>
>>7221657
furry conventions are arguably inherently sexual gatherings, which very definitively is outside of protocol for most exhibition centers and etc.

christian conferences, in a place normally reserved for varied denominational worship/gatherings, that would normally service any other religion, should again, not be able to be denied use of the space.

if you asked for either of those things at say, a sport stadium, or a cinema, they are well within their rights to decline for being outside of typical protocol.

however, if i decide to rent out a cinema for the night, and decide to show a christian film, regardless of content (aside from explicitly sexual or whatever) is NOT something they can deny.

>>7221685
my argument is that if the current laws do not properly protect people from discrimination, then they need to be adjusted. "just going somewhere else" isn't always an option for everyone, and you should consider yourself lucky for it. the lawsuit was example-making, and im fine with that.

religious liberty should in no way extend to your ability to harm the lives of others around you in any way. that is why muslims can't practice sharia, and christians can't stone fags to death. it's the exact same reasoning. the fact that it's only inconveniencing them isn't enough of an excuse to retract the same logic.
>>
>>7221050
ARE YOU ME? I mean I am biracial though.
Avid Obama supporter, very liberal even as groups I hate start becoming a louder voice in the party (fatties, trannies). Over the summer I moved down to NC, never was bothered about political shit until I wore a "Hillary for Prison" shirt. Group of blacks (3 men and 2 women) were losing their shit. Asking how I can support support Trump (which I didn't then, I just hate Hillary) as a latino (tfw I told them my mom is actually black and I have no latino in me). They started getting really ignorant and I just asked them how any self respecting black man could vote for Clinton after the '08 dem primary. Asked them what they knew about Clinton's numerous racial outburst where she called us "Super predators". They backed off but didn't concede I was right so I just told them to learn their history and stop listening to what "that man" puts on their TV. Literally saw their faces drop cause I know that's the shit they heard from their grandparents growing up. I have no doubt they supported HRC and are probably rioting as we speak.
>>
File: 1478364726291.jpg (409KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1478364726291.jpg
409KB, 1280x1707px
>>7221715
>fatties
Confirmed for slut with shit tier taste in men
>>
>>7221702
>my argument is that if the current laws do not properly protect people from discrimination, then they need to be adjusted.
That baker didn't discriminate because they were gay, but because they wanted a gay message or a gay depiction on that cake. I think it goes back to how you want your business to be perceived and what you are comfortable with. If a member of the kkk asked me to write kkk on the cake, I would decline. Not because they're a kkk member, but because of what they asked me to write on it. I think there could be legitimate action against discrimination in the workplace (if it's actually even common, idk if you can prove they are doing it because you're gay) but to me, that's different than the depicted message on a cake.
I don't see how religious liberty laws harm anybody, unless you're that much of a faggot and cry at every time you can't get your way. (I'm tired and don't want to refute that latter part, but just know I was wanting to. Keyword refute, not defend.)
>>
I think Donald Trump will let the new Supreme Court with the newly appointed right-wing justices (has he backed down on that too?) do the dirty work for him.
>>
>>7221730
well yes, you can make a case for depictions and associations that could harm your business' reputation, and that's what the court would come in if it comes to that. that's what judges are for. but it is much safer, and much kinder, to enforce "always serve" with exceptions, than "never serve" with exceptions.

>I don't see how religious liberty laws harm anybody
im really not sure how i can explain this any better than "many of them would kill you if only religious liberty extended a little further that way"
>>
File: 1282106573716.png (103KB, 283x244px) Image search: [Google]
1282106573716.png
103KB, 283x244px
>>7219660
WTF I hate him now, what a degenerate faggot! He was supposed to be Hitler 2.0
>>
>>7221715
Funny thing is they brought down your governor, greasy shitskin. And no amount of trump landslide could save him.

Thank god we don't want people like you trying to impose their rules on everyone else.
>>
>>7221758
>but it is much safer, and much kinder, to enforce "always serve" with exceptions, than "never serve" with exceptions.
I like that approach, but I think if I linger on it too long I might disagree with you, but for now, sure why not have that.
As for religious liberty, it should not entitle anybody to inflict physical harm, like stoning or anything sharia-influenced. I think it should only go as far as for you to be able to say "no thank you" to a request that you deem controversial or incompatible to your beliefs.
>>
>>7221779
>be able to say "no thank you" to a request that you deem controversial or incompatible to your beliefs.
yes. if someone demands that you eat this bacon, but pork is against your religious belief, you may refuse that. absolutely. but to discriminatorily deny doing your job for someone based on any factor other than harm to the previous things i mentioned (wealth, health, safety), is outright unacceptable.

but i'd like to point out, you even stated before
>The Catholic Church, for instance, says that you shouldn't unjustly refuse service for someone based on their orientation because you do not commit a sin by merely being attracted to men, it is the actions you perform that are sinful.

making a cake isn't having buttsex. in fact, the only job where sexual orientation is ever involved is in sex work. could a prostitute turn down a gay client if they are straight? yes. of course.

what if im a doctor? the only one in a reasonable distance that is able to help with your specific issue? "no thanks, you're christian, sorry."

it's nonsensical, and honestly ridiculous.
>>
>>7221803
>but i'd like to point out, you even stated before
Different anon than me, but I'm sure they'll see this.
>>
>>7221771
>greasy shitskin
I am not italian. I am biracial, shitskin will do.
>trying to impose their rules
What the actual fuck are you talking about? Has the AIDS rotted your brain?
>>7221725
>falling for the fat men are cuddlebugs meme
Not even once.
>>
>tfw morons actually believe you
>>
>>7221806
(But I'd like to add that I don't think anyone takes the Catholic Church seriously, I mean come on, no birth control/condoms, can't scatter ashes, have to accept refugees (the rapey kind), just bleh)
>>
>>7221814
i don't take any religion seriously. all religions are the mental equivalent of pastafarianism, with half the fun.
>>
>>7220731
You know hospitals have discriminated against folk, right?

That's the kind of shit anti discrimination laws try to prevent
>>
>>7221896
>You know hospitals have discriminated against folk, right?
Not having insurance is qualification for discrimination? Get outta here since when?!
>>
>>7221910
wow, that's... a really weird thing to assume. strange.
>>
>>7219968
I am scared of neither. Most of it is media fearmongering.

Now Pence. Pence I really don't care for. I really hope some idiot isn't stupid enough to try and assassinate Trump.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.