[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you renounced your faggot ways and become straight again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_8288.jpg (117KB, 348x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8288.jpg
117KB, 348x347px
Have you renounced your faggot ways and become straight again now that Mike "Electric Shocks if you suck cocks" Pence is in office?
>>
File: smug.jpg (398KB, 551x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
398KB, 551x600px
If Mike "The Secret Fag" Pence even thinks about touching me I'll shoot him in the balls.

#FagsBashBack
>>
>>7206358
>implying you wouldn't want Pence to grab you by the boipuci
>>
>>7206282
> Implying you don't want to be shocked while sucking cocks
Are you people homosexuals or something?
>>
>>7206282

Mike "Don't put your dick into ol' mick else you'll get the electro-stick" Pence
>>
punish me with your straight cock daddy... ive been a bad little fag ;)
>>
>>7206282
>VP
>not just a pretty face for religious votes

No fucks were given
>>
Mike "take it in the rear? I'll end you, queer" Pence should serve as an inspiration to r9gays to knock their shit off and find a gf
>>
File: albino2-jpg.jpg (51KB, 488x700px) Image search: [Google]
albino2-jpg.jpg
51KB, 488x700px
>>7206282

Mike "Muh Invisible Sky Daddy!" Pence

Great choice, (((Drumpf)))
>>
>send gay kids to a place full of gay kids
>it includes kinky electro-play
>somehow expect them to become less gay
>>
Mike "If dick fills you with glee light you up like a christmas tree" Pence.
>>
File: 1478930177561.jpg (76KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478930177561.jpg
76KB, 800x500px
>he fell for the pence hates gays meme
>>
>>7208923
>tips fagdora
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 1024x632px)
image.jpg
103KB, 1024x632px
>>7206282
Mike "I see two fathers, then I slaughter" pence
>>
Mike "Bug Zapping the Bug-Chasers" Pence
Mike "Resistors for Fisters" Pence
Mike "Raiden for Gay Men" Pence"
Mike "Transistors for Transsexuals" Pence
Mike "Electric Chair for the Bear" Pence
Mike "Shock the Twink Till the Lights Blink" Pence
Mike "Kilowatter Slaughter for the Frotteur" Pence
Mike "Throw a Toaster in the Golden Shower" Pence
Mike "Surge Nightclub? I'll Show You Surge Nightclub" Pence
>>
Mike "Straight Fry for the Queer Guy" Pence
Mike "Mighty Thor for the Man-Whore" Pence
>>
>>7209565
He said gay couples signal societal collapse, he advocated for laws that allow LGBT-based discrimination in the workplace, the man so OBVIOUSLY hates gays. I bet he's a closet homo himself.
>>
Gay conversion therapy works. Not on everyone, bubut on some. Thousands of people have been cured.

http://ex-gaytruth.com/ex-gay-testimonies/

I love who I am, but if someone doesn't then so be it. We believe people should be who they want to be, and tell people that if a man thinks he's a woman then you're obliged to think he is, so why shouldn't we support people who genuinely don't want to be gay?

Pence genuinely seems to want to help these people in his own way. God bless him.
>>
Mike "Electroconvulsions for Sinful Compulsions" Pence
Mike "Arc Light for the Sodomite" Pence
Mike "Electrical Discharge for Seminal Discharge" Pence
Mike "Shock Till Short Circuit if Dudes Make You Jerk It" Pence
>>
>>7209723
It doesn't work. There is no curing sexuality. Fuck off.
>>
Mike "Think Erections are Cute? We Electrocute" Pence
>>
>>7209738

Except for he hundreds of people it has worked for. I didn't make shit up, I gave you a link to several testimonials. You just gave me an opinion back.

It's like hypnotism. It doesn't work, even professional hypnotists say it's all suggestion, but people can still 'feel' like they've suddenly been able to stop smoking or gambling or whatever, physically ingrained personality traits, just by experiencing it. Placebo is real in effect.

Don't dismiss me as an Uncle Milo, I don't think kids should be forced by their parents into camps for being queer, but if an adult is genuinely unhappy with his sexuality and wants to try to change it then why shouldnt they?
>>
>>7209723
are you being ironically retarded or are you always this way?

Mike "Mass graves for gays with AIDS" Pence
>>
>>7209761
They don't cure sexuality like they claim their goal is. They force you to repress your sexual urges, stuff your head with pseudoscience and these people were obviously pressured by their religion to change. That's not a fix, this is fucking unhealthy and entirely false.

Fuck off and take your Bible with you, take this shit to /pol/.
>>
>>7209772
If Scientology is legal then voluntary attempts to change one's own sexuality should be legal, for adults. People have the right to do crazy shit that hurts no one but themselves.
>>
>>7209772
>>7209782

You are both ignoring the testimonials of thousands of people it has 'worked' on because you personally disagree with the opinion.

That's kinda narrow minded.

Take this guy for example

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/gay-conversion-i-slept-over-200-men-now-im-happily-married-heterosexual-dad-1443188?client=safari

He seems happier now, he has his own 'biological' children, why would you take the ability for people to change their lives in a way that, in his own words makes him much happier, just because you disagree with it?

I wouldn't want it, I am happy with who I am, but subjectively conversion therapy works and works well for some people, so why wouldn't you want other people to get it? Because it challenges your world-view? How fundamental of you.
>>
>>7209801
The "therapy" merely gives the victim the illusion of their sexuality being cured. I'm telling you it's bullshit because it doesn't actually work, and it's wrong because it's essentially a way of shaming those who are gay and repressing your sexual thoughts is NOT HEALTHY. It's a dangerous, pseudoscientific practice that benefits absolutely no one. Right now I don't care if it's what they want, the way it can be "achieved" is BAD FOR YOU. Scientists think it's bullshit, psychiatrists think it's bullshit, many gays who did it found it to be bullshit.

In addition, this is based in religion so it's 10x more bullshit. A common trend in a ton of these testimonies are that they felt pressured by god or their religion, that's horrible. you scumbag christcuck
>>
>>7209818

>the positive experience of thousands of people is invalid because it goes against what I believe in
>if you don't tow the party line you're a Christian and that instantly invalidates anything you say

You're trolling, right?
>>
>>7209818
It should still be allowed for adults even if it's BS, adults should be allowed to do dumb things.
>>
>>7209823
>thousands
that website has like, 11, and half of the links don't even work
And by the way, evidence points to it not actually working. I don't believe in enabling a fallacious that can be forced on others to harmful effect, yeah. Pence, (the subject of the OP in case you didn't notice) supports conversion therapy and by extension, parents forcing their gay children to take it. Christcuck the anon here believes that it genuinely works based on the anecdotes of pressured Christians, when in reality the practice does not work and the desired results are merely an illusion.
>>
>>7206282
You mean Mike "Empty my nine in the nightclub line" Pence?
>>
>>7209839

You keep on saying they're pressured by their religion, which is really just your opinion on the subject.

If these people say it worked for them, and it was positive, who are you to say otherwise?

http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Famp%2Fs%2Famp.ibtimes.co.uk%2Fgay-conversion-i-slept-over-200-men-now-im-happily-married-heterosexual-dad-1443188%3Fclient%3Dsafari

Proves it was a demonstrably positive experience, so other than YOUR opinion why shouldn't adults be allowed to do it?
>>
>>7209856
You'd have to be stupid to not notice the trend in these testimonies. There is constant mention of Christianity, God, parents.

also, one of them suspects he was never even gay to begin with and was just going through a phase, and in addition never went through therapy specified to "cure" his homosexuality. he wanted to help fix his commitment issues. god damn

You said it works. It doesn't actually work. The result doesn't matter.
To use a simplistic analogy, this is like trying to fix a broken pipe in your plumbing with a bendy straw. The water might go through but it's still fucking broken.
>>
>>7209828
I don't believe in this libertarian meme that has caught on lately. It's pretty fucking retarded.

We've proven pretty well that human beings are some of the dumbest animals on the planet and frankly they need some of the world baby proofed so they don't do dumb shit like electro-shock therapy to cure gayness.
>>
>>7209882
If they're so dumb, let them suffer the consequences. Punishing stupid acts is redundant because they already have a built-in punishment.
>>
>>7209879

So you're someone who has never had conversion therapy, and feel qualified to ignore the testimonies of those who had and who say it has made their lives better, because they believe in a God that you don't.

This belief in a God you don't believe in instantly invalidates all their opinions and makes them subjectively wrong, while at the same time making you objectively right?

You're argument boils down to putting your fingers in your ears and singing 'la-la-la I'm not listening' while ignoring their experiences. And that's one website out of hundreds. A quick google for ex-gay will show you that people can and do change their sexuality quite frequently.

To remind you I am happily gay, and wouldn't want conversion therapy myself, but realise if adults do then that should be their choice.

I refuse to believe you are not trolling.
>>
>>7209897
By your logic homeopathic therapy is a legitimate healthcare for people (and their children).

Retards like you are the reason the government is broken. You think that the world actually works like it does in your econ 101 textbook.
>>
>>7209907

>the government is broken

Sorry you hate democracy. Have you considered moving to North Korea?
>>
>>7209911
That strawman is probably a fire hazard.
>>
>>7206282

I'd punch him in the mouth if I ever met him desu anon.
>>
>>7209900
I don't think you quite understand. So, brush up on your abstract thinking abilities so you can understand what I am about to explain to you.

Conversion therapy has never been proven to work. Not once. The sadistic, manipulative methods administered to the people who take it are ineffective. There is no true "cure" for homosexuality. Therefore, any perceived success is false, and it doesn't work.

Those who have received a positive result are still not cured of their homosexuality, they are still very much homosexual, or in some cases, never were to begin with. It is also a fun coincidence how many willing participants who were "cured" also went in with a positive result being in their best interests.

Homosexuality in Christianity is very much a bad thing, it is no secret that these people who are Christian have been INSTILLED with Christian values and are unable to shake off the notion there is something inherently wrong with homosexuality, allowing them to accept the illusion of their homosexuality being cured.

The manipulative methods that these therapies use are harmful to the individual's mental health, and sexual repression is also not healthy. I don't advocate for a false practice that leads to dangerous side effects being allowed.

You ignore science and basic logic. so yeah fuck off Christfag, go back to praying to your kike on a stick. allahu ackbar
>>
>>7209801
Go back to /pol/ faggot
>>
>>7209900
You're an idiot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>7209907
>By your logic homeopathic therapy is a legitimate healthcare for people (and their children).
Not at all. Well, only if you define legitimate as 'anything that shouldn't be banned by the government'. It doesn't do me any harm if people want to practice homeopathy, or pray, or meditate, or have an e-meter session with a scientologist, or take peyote, or go to a chiropractor. People do lots of things I don't find particularly useful or beneficial but that's none of my business.
>>
>>7209958
The problem is kids being forced into it and people like Pence thinking it should be mandatory you fucking retard
>>
>>7209974
Then what on earth are you getting mad at me about when I only ever said it should be legal for adults? Are you illiterate?
>>
>>7209958
Praying is actually pretty good there. The only things you lose are your time and dignity, nothing else changes.
>>
>>7209941

>it has never been proven to work

Except in all those cases where it has, I've linked you several people who now have wives and children and say that they are no longer gay. That is demonstrable proof that it works.

You seem to base your entire argument on the fact that conversion therapy is immoral because it is (most but not all) a Christian process.

Are you saying you have proof that Christianity as a religion is false? Or is that just your opinion?

If it is your opinion then why is the opinion of these Christian homosexuals, who believe in God, any less valid?

Unless you can categorically prove their is no God your argument is invalid. You think conversion therapy to be wrong because it is based on Christian thinking, and Christians think it is right for the exact same reason.

Since you not they can prove it, it comes down to personal choice. So once again, remembering there are thousands of people who say conversion therapy was of benefit to them, why shouldn't these adults be free to chose what they want to do?
>>
>>7209977
It should be outlawed entirely.

The last thing we need is this being pushed as a valid treatment when it's nothing more than torture.

It's not even torture that gets you off ffs
>>
>>7209994

>their is no god

Sorry, phone posting. Forgive my typo.
>>
>>7209998

Except there are several people who it worked for.

What you mean is

>it goes against what I believe so ban it

Bigot.
>>
>>7209998
People should be able to use treatments that don't work if they want. If the conversion therapy place is making fraudulent claims about their treatment or its likelihood of success then sue them for that.
>>
>>7210007

It hasn't worked for them.

Suppression due to negative reinforcement=/=success you fucking idiot
>>
>>7208901
By all reports, he'll basically be the one running the country. Trump already got rid of Christie and put Pence in charge of assembling his cabinet.
>>
>>7210013
Being pushed as a valid treatment harms the community as a whole.

You aren't pro-LGBT if you're okay with it.
Give a shotgun a blowjob immediately
>>
>>7210015

>in my opinion Suppression due to negative reinforcement=/=success

'My opinion is magically more valid than their's' said every bigot ever.
>>
>>7210022

>still using the "that's just your opinion man" argument

You know nothing about the human mind, faggot
>>
>>7210019

But if it has helped some people change themselves in the way they wish how can you claim it's not valid

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gay-conversion-i-slept-over-200-men-now-im-happily-married-heterosexual-dad-1443188

Several people are no longer homosexual because of it. Sounds kinda valid to me.

The problem comes when it's not consenting adults who go to it but parents who push their children into it.
>>
>>7209994
You think I'm not listening?
The result

is an illusion

the ones who were actually gay are not suddenly straight now

the techniques used have not been demonstrated to be part of a process that turns a homosexual straight and only seem to be entirely manipulative and aggressive

it is also a hilarious coincidence that a lot of these people with positive results are not only pressured to be straight, but also go in to the process completely willingly, never actually had conversion therapy at all or suspected they were never gay to begin wtih

you. dimwit.

and what the fuck does this have to do with a creator argument? I'm saying it's immoral because it doesn't actually work! Quit playing the victim because you like kikes! You are a fag, you are a Christfag, and you are a retard. Congrats.
>>
>>7210024

>you know nothing about the human mind, faggot

Not as much as someone who can apparently look at the experiences of hundred of people and render them invalid 'just cos', no.
>>
>>7210034
Being brainwashed into thinking you want it is not the same as wanting it.

They aren't "not homosexual."
They're suppressing it due to negative reinforcement.

This is basic psychology.
>>
File: 1472956280641.jpg (23KB, 275x284px) Image search: [Google]
1472956280641.jpg
23KB, 275x284px
>>7210034
>the guy in this article never had conversion therapy and only wanted to help his commitment issues, eventually suspecting out that his supposed homosexuality was only a short lived desire and probably wasn't even gay.

fuck off
>>
>>7210042
Once you grow out of being a 15 year old pseudo-intellectual you'll understand what free will actually is.

No one goes to this shit out of true free will. It's due to brainwashing and creates nothing but self loathing. Do actual research on the suicide rate of people who go through it.
>>
>>7210035

>the ones who were actually gay are not suddenly straight now

So all these people are lying? All these children that have been born are just imaginary? Or made out of straw?

Oh wait, do you actually mean 'it's false because it goes against my world view'?

>I'm saying it's immoral because it doesn't work

I've given you several links to people who have willingly chosen it and claims it does work, you have never undergone it and claim it doesn't work because it challenges your world view.

You can see how you're arguing from a precarious position, right?
>>
>>7210045

>in my opinion they're suppressing it due to negative reinforcement

Being that they underwent it and you didn't, why is your opinion more valid than theirs?
>>
>>7210063

"hurrr it's an opinion"

confirmed for 15 year old who just found out what philosophy and shit is
>>
>>7210019
Oh, "the community" is harmed. Fuck off. If a consenting adult wants to have his balls electrocuted for sexual gratification, and another consenting adult wants to get conversion therapy because he believes God doesn't approve of his sexual interests, either way it does me no harm and I could give two shits about it. I won't agree to take these people's rights to do these things away because I don't want them to take my right to do weird consensual things away from me. There are probably as many adults in America who would tell you my first example should be illegal as the second, which is why in a free society it's not a good idea to give democratically elected governments the ability to take away the right to do unpopular but consensual acts.
>>
>>7210054
I don't think you quite understand human sexuality or the conclusion many scientists and psychiatrists have come to, and I suspect you are unable to conceive that the "therapies" may not work even if you think you've been shown conclusive evidence. In other words, bad abstract thinking skills, typical in theists.

I've also never had schizophrenia that required an exorcism, but I guess since I'm unable to try it anyway I can't come to the conclusion that the mentally ill are possessed by satan is bullshit. Logic!

have you ever been turned straight?
>>
>>7210070

It's a subjective experience, I've given you several links to people who have said it's positive when chosen willingly, you have told me it's not for 'reasons' but have been unable to back that position up.

When something is physically unprovable what, other than personal experience, would you consider valid criteria of effectiveness?

>hurrr opinion is a stupid position
>except when it's mine then listen to it

Moron.
>>
>>7210083

Of topic, but since you brought it up can you categorically prove that there has never been an actual case of demonic position?

Oh you can't and it's just your opinion? Well I never.
>>
File: 1474344032733.gif (1MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1474344032733.gif
1MB, 499x499px
>>7210095
The Christfag using the "well you can't DISPROVE x!" argument. Classic. just...classic.
>>
>>7210109

Passive-aggressively pointing out that you can't disprove something doesnt magically mean that you can prove it, you realise that right?

And since that's the case I guess I'm just gonna have to listen to the people who have undergone conversion therapy and said that it works for them.

Not that it matters, because I'm quite happy being gay.
>>
>>7210118
Buddy...you keep saying gay conversion therapy actually turns people straight, but there is no evidence pointing towards that being true. It has been agreed on it's entirely negative reinforcement that leads to sexual repression. You still need to prove that it works and in fact, changes someone's sexuality completely and safely.

You can't think.

Now I thought God hated fags.
>>
>>7210129

http://ex-gaytruth.com/ex-gay-testimonies/

>said it turned them straight

Not all of them, but some.

It helped them change their lives in a way they wished. Who are you to say that, as consenting adults, they should not be able to live their lives as they see fit?
>>
>>7210142
Can you prove they are straight now and not just repressing sexual urges from negative reinforcement?

you are incapable of conceiving it not working

I'd be all for people choosing to be gay or straight if they want, but conversion needs to be safe, healthy, humane and WORK PROPERLY
>>
Mike "Frying those who sin" Pence
Mike "A bender will serve as a toaster" Pence
>>
>>7210155

I can't prove it anymore than you can disprove it.

Therefore all we can do is take their word for it.

If you can't do that then perhaps you should look at why?
>>
>>7210167
We have proven it's negative reinforcement and sexual repression. Idiot. If you have a different conclusion fucking prove it.
>>
>>7210167
The problem is that being gay isn't wrong. It should not be cured. Period.

And yes it doesn't make sense to take their word for it. Any word said after what basically is torture should not be taken as face value.
>>
>>7210176
So maybe they value their faith over fully expressing themselves sexually? Who are you to tell them that's wrong? Mind your own fucking business, asshole.
>>
>>7210191
Hey, hey hey, I thought Jesus said to love thy neighbor. Follow your doctrine, fag.

I didn't say they couldn't value their faith. But sexual repression and negative reinforcement against sexual expression is bad and unhealthy and should not be encouraged. I like how you got buttmad at the concept of burden of proof. Typical Christfag.
>>
>>7210191
>implying it's their choice
And it could have happened to me, so it's my business, egoist.
>>
>>7210176

I have given you several personal testamonies, you have 'said' it's negative reinforcement and then claimed that because some of the people in the testimonies believe in God that that somehow invalidates their position.

You were then unable to disprove God.

Face it, you don't like admitting conversion therapy might work because it goes against your world view, that you are born gay.

Protip, you're not. It's a choice. I chose to be gay. I choose to find men attractive and then I chose to act on those desires. I chose to suck my boyfriends dick. I could just as easily chose not to.

I can totally understand how people can have trouble not finding men attractive but would not want to. I am all for conversion therapy if it's what a consenting adult wishes, just as I'm for hypnosis for weight loss or AA for alcoholism. Some people like to drink, some people are unable to stop. Sometimes people need help, and if these men think they need to be 'cured' then who am I to say they don't? It's a completely person experience that my opinion has no baring on.
>>
>>7210184

It's not wrong to you, or to me, but it might be subjectively 'wrong' for them.

Are you now the arbiter of morality for every homosexual in the world?

No!?

Well, there we go then.
>>
>>7210200

>it's bad and unhealthy
>ignore all the people saying it helped them

I swear we've been here before....
>>
>>7210204
this has nothing to do with a creator argument. and besides, god is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. try again. your Christianity seems to have crippled your thinking

You haven't even proven conversion therapy works in actually turning people straight. I'm not accepting that it doesn't work because it contradicts my worldview, I'm not accepting it works because you haven't given a single good reason to believe that it works.

you have revealed the crux of your argument, you think being gay is a choice. well, I've got bad news for you buddy, you're born gay, the same way someone is born straight. you've got a lot of thinking to do, buddy. You are not only a fag, you are not only a Christfag, but you are a grade A retard.
>>
>>7210210
What does that have to do with anything? Just because they report that they think they've been helped doesn't mean it's good for them. Sexual repression has been PROVEN to not be productive, at all.
>>
>>7210207
Moral relativism is bad. And yes, I - and millions of others - get to decide what is right. It's called ethics.

If people were starting suicide cults it would be wrong and it should be stopped. There can be no concession on that.

>>7210210
Studies - and common sense - show these people are more stressed and have a worse life.
>>
>>7210200
What the fuck are you talking about, I'm not a Christian. I'm not the same guy you were arguing with before btw. I'm just saying if they place more value on their spiritual beliefs than a full expression of themselves sexually, that's their right, people get to prioritize things in their own lives and act accordingly. Maybe celibate monks and nuns or bisexuals who choose to suppress their homosexual impulses to be more congruent with their religion are 'bad' and 'wrong' according to your subjective moral judgement, but it's really none of your business.
>>
>>7210220

I'm not a Christian, I've never said I was a Christian, I just don't see a problem with gay Christians getting help with what they perceive as their 'problem'.

And you're telling me you don't chose to be gay? That's demonstrably untrue. LGBT people are absolutely making a choice.

They are choosing to be the most honest, authentic versions of themselves. They are choosing to be led by the unfiltered direction of their hearts, just as you and I are. They are choosing to relent to the things that in all of our lives, never can be chosen.

Wether or not the attraction to the same sex is genetic is not the point I'm making, it's that if someone doesn't want that attraction for whatever reason they should get help. Just as people who are genetically disposed to alcoholism should get help from AA (another Christian group, btw, and one I've not heard anyone ITT invalidate because 'God' is involved.

And if these people, these adults, want help and conversion therapy does 'help' some of these people, why is it wrong? Other than contradicting your world view?
>>
>>7210248
I find it hard to believe you're not a Christian at this point. You love using anecdotes from Christians, on Christian websites, defending a traditionally Christian practice, you think like a Christian, don't understand things Christians usually don't understand, use the same arguments as a Christian. come the fuck on lol

There is a difference between being gay and participating in gay acts. If you're choosing to not suck dick that doesn't mean you're not choosing to be gay, you'd still be gay.

You're advocating for an unproven, unsafe, unproductive, ineffective and easily abused practice. You're an idiot, and if you think the only reason someone would disagree with you is because it contradicts what they already think, you're a bigger idiot.
>>
File: maury laughs.jpg (40KB, 600x615px)
maury laughs.jpg
40KB, 600x615px
>"Virgin" Mary

>My wife's son, Jesus, is a God. I'm the happiest father in the world

Is Christianity the most cucked religion on earth!? I can't think of any other contemporary religion that has such cucked origins.
>>
>>7210262

>There is a difference between being gay and participating in gay acts.

Oh I fundamentally disagree. We are what we do. A hungry person isn't obese because they dream of over-eating. It's the act that 'makes' us.

And no I'm not a Christian. However you feel I argue won't change that. I've shown you proof that it works for 'some' people that don't want to be gay. If your issue is it's unsafe (which you've failed to prove) then if you're luckily Pence will increase funding and profile and that will lead to a better experience for those men who CHOOSE to undergo it.

Otherwise your position remains 'I know what's best for people despite not having experienced what they have' which makes you sound like the Christian, if you think about it.
>>
>>7210276
Being fat, hungry and gay aren't remotely similar. Cool false equivalence, moron.

Your problem here is that you think that just because something appears to be the supposed result on the surface, means it must be exactly what it claims to be through and through. "Conversion" therapy does not convert, and what it ACTUALLY does is ineffective and unhealthy. Like I said much, much earlier, you need to brush up on your abstract thinking abilities. Immensely.

you sound like a psycho who wants people to do shit knowing it doesn't work and is unsafe. a psycho who is also a faggot
>>
>>7210287

Once again you're giving you're opinion on why you think it's bad, an opinion that's mostly pseudoscientific buzzwords (it's bad because you repress your true self and that's bad because it can manifest in your chakra and blah blah) while ignoring the testimonials of all the people who say it helped them.

Our conversation will just keep on going like this

>conversion therapy doesn't work
What about these people?
>they're lying I know best
How?
>because you can't question it because reasons.

I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna convince you otherwise, and you're not going to convince me otherwise, so perhaps we can diplomatically agree that conversion therapy is immoral when forced upon children or anyone who doesn't chose to undergo it. Deal?
>>
>>7210293
What about any of that is pseudoscience? Where did I ever mention chakras? It's a scientific fact that sexual repression is unproductive, we all need to splurge every once in a while.

you still don't understand your fundamental problem here. Your logic is:
>Hurr durr, it LOOKS like they're straight now and I'm just not going to think about it or investigate it any further because I have absolutely no understanding of intricacy or nuance

to use yet another simplistic metaphor, this is like boarding up a broken wall with planks of wood. the hole might be covered up, but the wall is still fucking broken
>>
>>7210308

>they're not straight I know it because I have magic powers that let me read minds, ignore what they say

Your chakra tell you that, brah?
>>
>>7210312
If they were gay before, there is no reason to assume they are straight now, as there has been no proven way to convert somebody. There is no evidence to suggest that they are straight now due therapy.

lots of people say things, you shouldn't believe everything everyone says. You can't assume shit like that to be true.

Seriously, you are a massive retard who is incapable of critical thought.
>>
>>7210328

>there's no reason to assume

They said so.

>there's no evidence to suggest

Like totally dude they LITERALLY said so.

>you shouldn't believe everything everyone says

So why should anyone believe you over all of them? Or is your definition of critical though 'opinions that I agree with'.

Moron.
>>
File: 5421988-0039129594-65-wa.jpg (66KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
5421988-0039129594-65-wa.jpg
66KB, 960x960px
>>7210331
So you just believe whatever someone says, and believe them because they said so, and you require no evidence of what they're claiming. God, how are you not a Christian? lol

Idiot, I'm skeptical of the claim they've become straight thanks to therapy, especially because there is no proven way to turn someone truly straight! There has only been negative reinforcement towards sexual urges.

>being this retarded
>>
>>7210338

Ahhhhh, the crux of your argument.

>I don't believe it so it's not true lol

And you're not sceptical, you're dismissive. You're dismissive because what they claim challenges your world view.

How very religious of you.
>>
>>7206358
Shooting him and not de-atomising him.

Either way I second that notion.
>>
>>7210350
But you haven't actually PROVEN anything. All you have is fallible anecdotes. Is that really that difficult for you to understand?

Call me crazy here, but I think you're doing a little bit of projection. You don't require evidence to back up any claims you hear, and you are completely unable to entertain ideas that contradict what you already think. Hell, you even think being straight and not doing gay things are one in the same. You are a a grade A retard and I would not doubt it if you were raised in a religious household where critical thinking was never once encouraged.
>>
>>7210362

I don't think I can prove it anymore than saying it's worked for these people.

All you're doing is saying these people are liars with even less evidence than I have, because the alternative is damaging to your worldview. Then you adhomonim me like that will magically make your shitty argument less shitty.

Once again, is thinking people are lying because you personally don't believe something 'critical thinking'?
>>
>>7210374
I didn't say they're lying but it is certainly most reasonable to assume that, or they're just deluded, until they can actually prove it. Quit projecting that damaging worldview nonsense, especially when you yourself are completely unable to come up with any substantial arguments. The only thing you've got is "WELP THEY SAID SO, BETTER BELIEVE EM"

you can't think
>>
File: 1478514742598.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1478514742598.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>7206282
How does tumblr deal with the fact that 4chan has a lbgt group?
>>
>>7210385

Choosing to believe several thousand people who have experienced something seems more reasonable than dismissing them because they believe something I don't.

But then again I'm not a moron so who knows....
>>
>>7206282

>Implying I wouldn't be totally into that.
>>
>>7210419
Many people have also said they've been abducted by aliens, saw a ghost and lots of other wacky claims. But by your logic, since lots of people think those things, they must be true. That is called appeal to popularity and that is a logical fallacy. You are the moron.
>>
>>7210331
>Like totally dude they LITERALLY said so.
>So why should anyone believe you over all of them? Or is your definition of critical though 'opinions that I agree with'.
If someone with a gun pointed at their head tells you something, would you believe them? Particularly when its something that the person holding the gun would want them to say.
Conversion therapy works on the same principle- its about coercing someone to act a certain way out of fear. There's a pretty big difference in getting someone to say something freely, and getting someone to say something because they've been brainwashed into believing an invisible sky wizard is going to torture them for eternity if they don't do exactly what he says.
>>
>>7210419
That is a youtube comments tier post there. kys you gay nigger faggot Christian. Jesus doesn't love you.
>>
>>7209723
The only people it could work on was bisexuals who let themselves ignore same sex attractions
>>
File: 1422154872462.jpg (154KB, 854x641px) Image search: [Google]
1422154872462.jpg
154KB, 854x641px
>>7209565
C U T E
U
T
E
>>
Shut up and enjoy the memes you crazy fags
>>
>>7206282
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy8Ah4MTA-s

>"and you're sure this will cure my desire to become a girl"
>"yes indeed"
>DO IT!"
>>
>>7206282
Daily reminder that electrical shocks are ONE form of treatment among many, just like amputation is ONE form of treatment of an infection.
>>
>>7210017
>trump delegates democratic managerial elements of the cabinet to pence ahead of trump actually doing things
>pence:h-he's letting ME be president and run the country!
Oh lawd I'm, laffin.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.