[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying really hard to wrap my head around this stuff.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1478195229792.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478195229792.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
I'm trying really hard to wrap my head around this stuff.

>Gender is a social construct
>Gender does not 1:1 correspond to sex

If that is the case, wouldn't gender/sex mismatch only arise in situations where society makes a mistake about someone's sex?

How does it make sense for a male to have a "female brain" if gender is learned through conditioning? Doesn't that imply a kind of gender essentialism which contradicts the idea of gender as a social construct?
>>
OP, you misunderstand.

Gender STUDIES is a social construct.
>>
>>7200575
>Gender is a social construct
Is a feminist idea, not a trans or scientific idea.

>Gender does not 1:1 correspond to sex
I don't even get what you're trying to say... 1:1 would indicate you're talking about ratios.
>>
>>7200727
Sorry my bad, I meant gender is not always the same as sex.
>>
>>7200732
If it as always the same as sex, there wouldn't be trans people.
>>
>>7200800
Then what is it? If it's neither in-born nor learned? Some kind of spiritual state?
>>
>>7200820
You're born with it.
>>
>>7200575
You're not born with a blue room and an enjoyment of football if you're born with a penis.

The penis is the sex, the gender is the social construct around the sex. So the blue and the football are associated to be things people with penises enjoy, we call these social constructs a person's gender.
>>
>>7200575
Gender is literally a GRAMMATICAL cathegory. I have no idea how these lunatics redefined the word as something about tgeir feefees.
>>
>>7200575
Gender being purely a social construct is a piece of outdated 3rd wave feminist theory that has largely been discounted by everyone but aging radfems who refuse to accept change.

Certain aspects of gender roles and one's outward gender expression are social constructs within the context of society, but on the individual level one's internal sense of gender and their expression thereof is driven by biological factors such as the biological differences between male and female brains and the differing hormone levels between sexes.
>>
File: IMG_3646.png (433KB, 406x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3646.png
433KB, 406x505px
>>7201716
The differences being what babe?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.