[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to dislike drag culture if you're lgbt? How can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: ss.jpg (93KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
93KB, 960x639px
Is it okay to dislike drag culture if you're lgbt? How can I tell rather left leaning friends that I find drag queens blackface to transgender and cis women without sounding like a douche?
>>
>>7181296
> I find drag queens blackface
Now you understand how cis women see trans women.
>>
Tbqh that's a stupid opinion on a way because cis and trans women are totally different and drag actually mocks female stereotypes moreso than mocking females themselves

...or that's what fans will tell you

I also dislike drag largely because people conflate it with being trans and I have no interest in being associated with them
>>
>>7181324
That's the dumbest opinion I've ever heard. Does your mom know you're shitposting at this hour?
>>
>>7181324
Only the retarded and clueless ones who dont understand the difference between a life-ruining disorder and 'cosplay'
>>
>>7181340
We know the difference from our experience. But for most cis women we look like a bunch of guys pretending to be women in order to fuck guys or perform some sort of sick fetish.
Another analogy would be all those fake "nerd girls".
>>
>>7181296
Yes it's fine but good luck finding a fag who doesn't see RuPaul as based Kek
>>
>>7181358
The existence of drag queens and transtenders only perpetuates this stereotypes. Normal trans girl just blend in with society.
>>
The trick is to not consider yourself transgender, just a normal grill. If you pass, you can scoff at those filthy trannies with the other real girls hehe xd
>>
>>7181425
except those who don't pass
>>
>>7181427
Should have started HRT sooner.
>>
>>7181512
wew lad
>>
>>7181296
Your opinion is pretty common within the lgbt community. I agree with you to some extent. I also hate how crass and tacky it all is. I guess that's the point though...
>>
>>7181340
Only the retarded and clueless don't understand the difference between men with a life-ruining mental disorder and the actual physical and social reality of being a woman.
>>
>>7181296
You can't.

But you can admit that you're at least a bit of a douche and roll with it.>>7181324
>>
>>7181324
This tbqh, only thing I'd add is it's exactly how cis men see trans women also

Doesn't matter if the reason you wear blackface is a serious mental disorder that makes you suicidal if you don't -- it's still blackface and most people will react to it as blackface, without trying to work out if you might be cray first
>>
>>7188122
Trans women are not blackface. TERFs go in the >>>/trash/.
>>
>>7181324
>>7181531
>>7181296

Now please explain to us how are stone butches not blackface and tacky.

Try not to trip over yourselves.
>>
It's okay to dislike it, but

>I find drag queens blackface to transgender and cis women without sounding like a douche

Is literally the dumbest shit I've ever heard lmao.
>>
>>7181425
Boo hoo. People have the right to express themselves. Don't oppress other people. You fear its impact on society? Huh, I think I've heard this all before from traditional conservatives.
Leave people alone. I shouldn't have to tell you this.
>>
>>7181296
>I find drag queens blackface to transgender and cis women without sounding like a douche

straight guy here, what the fuck does that even mean. Somebody explain
>>
>>7193564
Basically OP is saying crossdressing is offensive because it's portraying an exaggerated stereotype of women.
>>
>>7181296
>"I'm just not really into boisterous, theatrical stuff"
That is, if you just want a convenient lie to avoid conflict. If you actually want to explain your opinion without the risk of incurring wrath, that's not really my area.
>>
>>7193630
Thank you

I dont understand though, why would it be?
>>
>>7181296
there is no way cause those are the opinions of a douche
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.