[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give one argument why trans people should be respected but nonbinaries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

Give one argument why trans people should be respected but nonbinaries shouldn't
>>
>>7170788
non binary people who experience dysphoria should be given appropriate medical care just like a trans person. however i don't understand why a person who isn't dysphoric would call themselves non binary. in my experience (six years on tumblr fml) lots of people who identify as NB/genderqueer/agender are confusing gender roles with gender identity.

but that makes me truscum so i should just kms now
>>
>>7170788
Actual nonbinaries should, but Tumblr-tier nondysphoric special snowflakes make no sense.

Basically, if you're like actual trannies, except with the goal of being androgynous, sure, you're a-okay, but if your nonbinaryness is just an excuse for occasional crossdressing or ridiculous feminist stuff, go away.
>>
>>7170820
Oh no I absolutely agree with you. I think dysphoria/no dysphoria should be the basis for gender identity.

>>7170832
I agree with you too.
>>
Because there are two genders, male and female. Transgender people still fall into either male or female, they just change from what they were believed to be. You see those trannies who try to say that they don't want to look cis but that's because they're hons. A transgirl is just a girl, a transguy is just a guy.

source: am tranny and don't want to be associated with degenerates that identify as 10% male, 20% female, 100% snowflake
>>
>>7170901
Do you have evidence for your claim that there are only two genders? It seems like you're just offended by nonbinaries' existence.
>>
>>7170901
Nonbinaries literally stand way better from a logical perspective than trannies. Obviously there's no way to 100% change sex (Or gender; what, you think it's just a coincidence that whenever you have a male dominated site like e.g. 4chan, all the trannies are MtF? No way.), but equally obviously a partial change is perfectly possible. Hence, anybody accepting the claim that trannies are the gender they identify as is bending the truth out of kindness.
>>
>>7170963
You're conflating gender with biological sex. Gender is social and mental, while sex is anatomical.

Also, you can change sex; granted, it depends on how you define sex, but it appears that most medical professionals base it one genitalia. (Hence, genital reconstruction is called "Sexual Reassignment Surgery" and Swyer syndrome is called "XY female syndrome".)
>>
>>7170997
*on
>>
>>7170997
Gender is social and mental, but as I pointed out, there are lots of social/mental things where trannies match their assigned sex.

When you say that whether one can change sex depends on how you define sex, you're essentially agreeing to my point: some but not all parts of sex can be changed.
>>
>>7170910
What good does multiple genders do for the world? Nothing. Make and female genders produce babies, which keeps things moving forward for the human race. Having more than 2 genders is just a feel good excuse for someone who is mentally dysphoric.
>>
>>7171187
>Gender is social and mental, but as I pointed out, there are lots of social/mental things where trannies match their assigned sex.
For example...

>When you say that whether one can change sex depends on how you define sex, you're essentially agreeing to my point: some but not all parts of sex can be changed.
No, it means that by some definitions, you can change 100% but by others you can only go halfway. Either way, better sex reassignment procedures that make trans people completely the other sex by every defintion should be developed.
>>
>>7171308
Gender isn't that same as sex...
>>
>>7171316
Gender/sex/orientation fucking christ. Are people seriously not comfortable just stating like hey I'm a boy who's attracted to girls or to boys?
>>
>>7171316
sorry *the

>>7171340
Why are you bringing up sexuality without making it relevant to the topic?
>>
>I identify as a soup ladle. Respect my non binary status.
>>
>>7170963
Non-binaries aren't logical either. They literally cannot fit outside the binary as they will always be physically male or female along with having male or female socialization affecting their gender.
>>
>>7171421
What about femboys? They take hormones, a few even got Srs and are nearly female but identify as some sort of feminine male.
>>
I don't think the problem is that non binary people (like myself) are less respected than mtf/ftm people. I think non binary identities are just more difficult for the cis population (and some transfolk too) to understand. Also, as the amount of non binary people is less than even other trans identities, many aren't even aware we exist.
>>
>>7171421
>be physically male or female
There are in-between stages, you know.
>male or female socialization affecting their gender
There is no evidence that socialization affects gender. Most cases of transsexualism appear to be due to prenatal hormones getting mixed up and resulting in Gender Dysphoria.
>>
because the idea of being 'neurologically neither' doesn't make much sense
neurological sex works on a spectrum, but according to our current research, the midpoints of that spectrum do NOT correlate to nonbinary gender. rather, they correlate either to cis homosexuality or transsexualism depending on exactly what midpoint it is.
i'm not actually an obligate anti-nb because one of my friend's experiences can only be explained by that label, but no neurological correlates to it have been found and what we do know about neurological sex precludes finding them.
>>
>>7171421
socialization doesn't affect your gender, that smells like TERF rhetoric. it might affect your gender expression and behavior but it's not going to affect the gender identity that's set in your brain.
>>
Cause we are less fucked in the head by comparison I.
>>
File: 1324188068446.jpg (21KB, 200x263px) Image search: [Google]
1324188068446.jpg
21KB, 200x263px
>>7170788
I'm ethnically nonbinary.

I don't identify with the country that shoved me out or the sinking ship that dragged me in.

You want to deal with that kind of shit?!?
>>
"related" question but does genderfluid count as a special snowflake tumblr thing, regular nonbinary thing, a regular trans thing, or something totally unrelated?
>>
>>7172926
'genderfluid' = crossdressing, as interpreted by people who think they invented ftm crossdressing
crossdressers experience mild and on-again-off-again dysphoria, it's the mid-stage of a*p's progressive route but it doesn't always progress past there
the vast majority of genderfluid people are physiologically female and aap, and some eventually progress to ftm sex discordance
>>
>>7173056
I ought to lurk more but I haven't been here in quite a while and I don't know what a*p is supposed to mean and because of what I assume is some arbitrary censor I can't google it.
>>
>>7173126
aap or agp

autoandrophilia or autogynephilia
>>
>>7170910
Have nonbinary genders been proven to actually be a thing? If not then the burden is on them to prove the claim that there aren't only two genders. Not everyone thinks like tumblr.
>>
>>7171458
>There are in-between stages, you know.
Such as? Either you're born with a penis or a vagina. Or a hermaphrodite but that's a different thing altogether. If you're born with a penis you're physically male. If you're born with a vagina you're physically female. You can get those swapped out, but then you just become the opposite, not a demifiend polyweirned Chinese nullboy. There is no room for nonbinary genders.
>>
>>7173256
so go make some
>>
Being a university tranny, I've seen loads of these non binary snowflakes and every single one I've interacted with is a frequent tumblr user, overweight, poor and easily offended. I don't use tumblr but the fact I've not encountered a single snowflake that doesn't use it makes me think if they didn't use it they'd be normal. On that note I identify as a magic missile my pronouns are Mir, Misslr and Mgr. Thank you
>>
File: double-tourbillon.jpg (459KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
double-tourbillon.jpg
459KB, 1024x768px
Because things can only exist in modern conception by contrast.

Define white without black?

Define fullness without emptiness?

Non binary people are choosing an association with neither gender. Essentially they are Nihilists but with a twisted application.

Trans people exist as contradictions to their nature thus are understandable via the contrast to their initial condition.

Non Binary people have no contrast. Thus don't really exist.

/Thread
>>
being trans is having dysphoria, if they have dysphoria for both genders then they are tru nb
>>
>>7174275
>Define white without black?
White is the color the human visual system senses when the incoming light to the eye stimulates all three types of color sensitive cone cells in the eye in nearly equal amounts.
>>
>>7174167
try talking to some enbies that don't use/hate tumblr, you'll be surprised at how normal they are
>>
>>7174167
I've never been on tumblr, and i don't care about its existence or its user base, though i can tell you i feel dysphoria at the idea of being completely one or the other gender. The thought of being a woman disgusts me, the thought of being a manly man disgusts me. I feel comfortable in the middle, masculine looking. I let people gender me whatever the fuck they perceive, though i don't particularly like female, i still just want to feel comfortable with myself
I don't think i'm nuts, i don't break anyone's balls with demands for special treatment or whatnot, my language doesn't even have third gender\neutral pronouns so i roll with one or the other according to the interlocutor.. it's a thing some people have, though in my cause it might be the developmental disorders that skewed up my self perception
>>
>>7172511
Neurological sex is much more determined by current hormones than by either sexuality or trans status. Trans people literally rewire their entire brains on HRT.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.