[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck, my mom just literally told me they "rather had that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: pepe.jpg (11KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
11KB, 600x434px
Fuck, my mom just literally told me they "rather had that I had a normal girlfriend".

Told them two weeks ago, the first time I saw them again after asking my girlfriend, who is trans, to be my girlfriend.
I never hesitated to tell them, they were always like "whatever, as long as my son is happy I'm happy" even to outsiders whenever a LGBT related subject would be touched.

At first they took it pretty good, the next day there were some sniffs from my mothers-side and a "Sorry I'm still a bit shocked".

Now after two weeks and visiting them again hell broke loose. Bombarding me with emotional stress that they had a horrible two weeks. That I should really soon tell everything to the family (While I'm still doubting if I really should actually, why the fuck should everyone know the complete backstory of my gf?). That my mom saw an old elementary school friend, that I haven't seen in fucking years, that had a girlfriend and that she couldn't tell I had a girlfriend because she was born a guy.

Well after a while the whole 'we so nice and progressive' house of cards collapsed and she half crying dropped that line.

Just checked if there is still a bus going to the nearest trainstation to my home. Nope.

Any shit that just happened lately to you, /lgbt/?
>>
>>7170390
>we so nice and progressive
I'll leave the "I fucking told you so" and head straight to the "I fucking told you so" instead.
Like seriously, unless you never visited this place and/or have been living under a rock for forever, you could have seen this one coming.
>>
>>7170426
Well, they never really fell under the progressive lib category. Mom was raised a pretty strict Christian, my dad was more chill and they probably don't even go to church anymore. Would classify them as the politically middle here in this country. Seems like the roots are still strong...
>>
>>7170445
>they never really fell under the progressive lib category.
Trust me that doesn't change jack shit.
>>
>>7170453
Meh, I also heard loads of stories of families that weren't so horrible with it. Damn, even my uncle came out as gay to my WW2 surviving grandparents and that was accepted.
>>
>>7170494
>I also heard loads of stories of families that weren't so horrible with it.
And the only difference is that they don't voice their disgust with their child's decision.
Same goes for your uncle.
>>
>>7170390
Fuck your family. If this girl is worth it your family will have to adjust eventually. If your family really cares about you, they'll realize that life is too short to obsess over dumb things like this.
>>
>>7170517
Well alcohol it is for this evening then. Luckily they are gone for now, tomorrow first train back.

>>7170562
The girl is worth it. I already went in with the thoughts that I would remove everyone from my life that would shit at it. Hoped the first landpost, my parents, would be easy. Welp.
>>
>>7170619
If she is worth it, then keep going. If your parents are weird about it, I would let them simmer for a while to see how they are really going to be about it. When parents are 'tolerant and progressive' this usually only applies to situations that don't affect them. Standard operations suspend when it becomes personal.

As a trans girl, all my friends and co-workers are super cool about everything, but my parents and one of my three sisters are super weird about it. Some people are just always going to be weird about it and all you can do is move on really.
>>
File: hilary clinton.jpg (88KB, 478x318px) Image search: [Google]
hilary clinton.jpg
88KB, 478x318px
>>7170562
> they'll realize that life is too short to obsess over dumb things like this.

The purpose of something living. is to live as long as posible So we have the time and knowledge to improve ourselfs.

having children is a way of inmortality.
As a part of you goes on.

They realized he is fucking up the purpose of
propagation and inmortality.

And that's why you don't vote hilary clinton.
>>
>>7170390
I deleted my grindr over thoughts like this
>>
>>7170770
It's good (in my opinion) you deleted Grindr, but don't let your family hinder you.
>>
you're making mountains out of mounds. just give your parents some time, and you're going to have to process emotions with them piece by piece. no big deal :)
>>
>>7170765
OP here, fuck off with your American politics in my thread.
>>
File: 1469734421131.png (311KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1469734421131.png
311KB, 1100x1100px
>>7170390
Oh man OP, I know that feel. Almost exactly actually;
>Parents claim to be progressive
>My girlfriend at the time comes out as trans (ftm)
>Relationship with my parents had already gone to shit when was outed
>They found out (without either of us telling them) that my partner was trans.
>Mother hides in room and is physically ill for some two days after screaming over it for a while.

Yeah she also dropped the "Why can't you just have a normal *girlfriend*" line. Despite him being my boyfriend, and my having told her I was bi and shit. Also she was raise conservative, strict christian, etc.
>>
>>7170840
what country are you from m8?
>>7170765
learn to punctuate, and why did you capitalize the "s" in so?

ourselves* immortality*

read a book nikkuh
>>
>>7170851
Feel ya, bi here as well. Did it got better though?
>>
>>7170765
>having children is a way of inmortality.
>As a part of you goes on.
Flawed concept of immortality, and doesn't understand how quickly the number of genes passed on dwindles down to nothing.

Really for your "immortality" to truly function your family would be incesting its way through life.
>>
File: 1469352056804.gif (2MB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469352056804.gif
2MB, 375x375px
>>7170887
>incesting its way through life
>>
>>7170883
No. I'm still financially dependent, and they just keep with the low key homophobia. Broke up with that boyfriend, because neither of us were happy (in part due to this), and I can't imagine how bad shit would be if I brought a "real" (cis) boy home.

Least I'm planning to move out asap. Going to uni next year, so I should make it then.
>>
>>7170855
The purpose of a language is so we can understand each other. And with thousends of differnt language's changing all the time.for everyone to understand each other is somewhat imposble. i urge you to stop being a letter nazi. and apreciate the fact that we can comunicate.
>>
>>7170936
Fuck, good luck. I'm already at university so I don't have to live with it each day. Still would feel way better if I could actually bring my gf to them.

They still want to meet her, but if they already now drop these lines, ehh.
>>
>>7170956
With your level of intelligence, I suppose it is something of a miracle anyone can understand you at all, I see your point.
>>
>>7170956
always be impeccable with your words, m8 no matter the language. words are just stepping stones. also, you spelled "impossible" wrong. use a spell check nignog
>>
>>7170956
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USYDG6Ep4bM
>>
>>7170390
why the hell did you tell your parents your gf was trans anyway?

ive been with my bf for 3 years and no one in his family knows, and they never will.
>>
That's pretty fucked up OP, I'm sorry. Hope it doesn't cause too many problems for your relationship.
>>
>>7171015
Thanks femanon. I'm dreaming of living like you are, and I'm glad you don't have to live with it all the time. I'm sure your parents will come around eventually (maybe). At least my dad's side is okay with my gay tendencies, but I live with my mom.
>>
>>7172487
>gives no logically reasoning for his behavior

please neck yourself drone
>>
>>7170390
That sucks OP. I'm sorry. I love my mother but she's very racist. Thankfully I hadn't had to bring a minority girlfriend home yet but I imagine it would go just as poorly. Kudos for standing up for your friend.
>>
>>7170390
tell her to stop being stupid, that your girlfriend is a woman and you love her and want to get married and eventually have science babies
>>
my dad keeps ringing me up to tell me how he's going to track down and kill each of the people involved in facilitating my transition, e.g. doctors, psychs etc.

last time I visited home he said I should just kill myself if I plan on carrying on doing this
>>
>>7174642
Fuck. I'm sorry. Are you alright?
>>
>>7174642
Stop transitioning and get to a therapist asafp
>>
>>7174699
well I don't live with him, which is good
it means he'll refuse to support me financially though (I'm also disabled)
>>
>>7174756
You are climbing the tier of oppression quite quickly. Hold on tight!
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.