[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FtM/MtF, I'd like your opinions: Do you believe that more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: zubiaurre-brain-scans[1].jpg (92KB, 1348x1030px) Image search: [Google]
zubiaurre-brain-scans[1].jpg
92KB, 1348x1030px
FtM/MtF, I'd like your opinions: Do you believe that more work needs to be taken into "curing" dysphoria in the brain, or are you happy with the solutions we have at the moment for dealing with dysphoria?
>>
Honestly, no. No matter how I hate being trans, I feel that changing such a core aspect of my identity would be akin to suicide. And while I'm sure it could benefit few people, I'm afraid that having such option would make it harder, if not impossible, and less acceptable to transition.
>>
>>7154102
At early age it might be a solution, but people who have lived with a split trans mind for years might get more fucked up by that, even if they're pre-transition. You can't simply press a switch in a persons head, it will take years of therapy to deal with the damage, and at that stage people might as well transition instead of losing/changing who they are.
>>
>>7154102
More work needs to be undertaken for a lot of things, bet that doesn't mean it's practical. The current treatment (HRT etc.) is bad in many ways too.
>>
>>7154144
Why would anyone want to spend the rest of their lives pumping themselves full of hormones and spending thousands on surgery only to look like a hon anyway?

Simply alleviating the dysphoria would objectively be the better option if it were possible. It "kills" you in the same way getting an anoxeric chick to realize she's 98 pounds soaking wet kills the obese girl living inside
>>
They are so far away from being able to rewire the entire brain that it isn't worth considering as a viable option on the table at all. They barely understand any form of behavioral science, let alone much in the way of brain surgery.

We'll have full natural body replacements long before that, sempai.
>>
>>7154102
I'm not trans, but I think that the scientific community should actually try to cure the underlying condition rather than just manage the symptoms of gender dysphoria. I just hope that the scientific community isn't just going to settle with the current treatment, as it is not optimal, obviously. Now is it even possible to cure it? I don't fucking know. I have a genetic condition and I've already given up hope on a cure for that in my lifetime seeing as how far science is from it. Same with this, I'd just give up desu.
>>
>>7154102
I think more effort needs to go into learning how to screen trans people more reliably so that people can start hormones at the start of puberty without worry
>>
>>7154567
This. And preventing children from transitioning by parents should be treated as what is is, children abuse.
>>
more work needs to be put in full body cyber prosthetics.
>>
It's not about the brain. It's wrong hormones. Notice how trans people with weak puberties are much more sane and better fit into society.

Just make 100% detection method and prevent wrong puberty from happening.
>>
>>7154655
>wrong hormones
I've had gender dysphoria since I was 4. When I started HRT and they checked my levels my testosterone was well above average.

Has absolutely nothing to do with it.
>>
Yes, absolutely. Granted, I'm still mostly in the closet and I would rather become cis and live a normal happy life than transition. But I don't think there's any good reason why curing dysphoria in the brain would not be preferable, if it were possible. People who have transitioned will tell you how much happier they are now and how much their quality of life has improved, but that would also be true if they were made cis AND they wouldn't need a bunch of surgeries and treatments and they could have kids.
>>
>>7154567
this and more education about what gender dysphoria is and how to recognize it in yourself. way too many people don't figure out what's going on with them until they're already adults.
>>
Would love to have cure for gender dysphoria. I'm too old and masculinzed to make transition worthwhile. Smoking good weed is my transition alternative.
>>
>>7154102
>ubiaurre-brain-scans[1].jpg
What the h*ck am I looking at?
>>
>>7154271
>>7154567
>>7154572
>>7154655
This.
>>
>>7154144
this. and honestly, no matter how much work people put into trying, it will without a doubt be a complete waste of time until at least a few decades from now. we just don't have the knowledge or technology. the material benefit from more research into better srs and other surgery would be much higher.
>>
>>7154252
>>7154686

Because Femboys and others like the cute preserving/enhancing effects of tranny pills. I don't see why our happiness should have to suffer BC your mental illness, hon.

>>7154561
You know they aren't anywhere near scifi Xenu mind controll tech, right? They're finally getting close to good gene therapy but nobody has any clue on how to build your mind-bomb.

Honestly this is why we need eugenics desu. That way we don't have feeble minded leaches like you constraining the lives of others.
>>
>>7154102
yes more treatment options should be pursued always.
personally i am happy i transitioned. my life is better and i am actually happy.
on the whole, transitioning can be a hit and miss treatment, i think this mostly attributed to passing vs non passing.
more research could also go into how to reliably test for GID.
>>
>>7154144
>I'd love to be scammed out of my money.
>>
>>7157105
>Wants billions spent to fund fantasy mind control rays
Something about insight is golden
>>
>>7154102
absolutely
but we should continue research in both directions. there will always be late transitioners. if you could cure me of my dysphoria or invent better transition technologies, I would be able to be a productive member of society instead of another suicide statistic
>>
>>7154670
My testosterone was above average too, and yet I had an very weak puberty (voice didn't really drop fully, no facial hair, little body hair, no significant increase in testicular volume, minimal bone structure changes) . My doctor didn't really have a good explanation for this, other than I might have had some sort of condition that delayed the onset of puberty, or maybe even some form of mild androgen insensitivity syndrome. Lucky for me.
>>
>>7157643
>mild androgen insensitivity syndrome
this is it
mais causes undermasculinzation and infertility but t levels are normal or even high
it's underdiagnosed and the prevalence in general is unknown but i wouldn't be surprised if it's more common in trans women by allowing for neurological feminization (similar to how klinefelter's is possibly also overrepresented)
this also means that you were one single developmental flaw from being a cis woman (albeit one without a uterus or ovaries)
>>
>>7157687
yep. Tbh, I'm not too bothered by it. Like yeah, my childhood was beyond shitty, but life has been going pretty good for me lately, I pass (by and large, still need to do a bit with my voice, I can get by with my natural androgynous voice, but some people I think clock me on it after a long enough time), and I think once I get SRS I'll basically be in the same place as someone with CAIS. Of course getting SRS with my health problems will present its own challenges.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.