[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If hair growth is affected by androgen sensitivity of hair follicles,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 8756.jpg (7KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
8756.jpg
7KB, 274x184px
If hair growth is affected by androgen sensitivity of hair follicles, then could it be reduced by increasing the antiandrogen dose?
>>
>>7134433
To a degree yes
But you still grow it, just thinner
Follicles that activated once are normally active for a long long time
>>
>>7134446
How long?
>>
>>7134433
DHT inhibitors can lower body hair. But as >>7134446 said, once it's already past the point of being vellus hair it probably won't go back too quickly.
Specifically to reduce body hair you'd want a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor to reduce your DHT, which most antiandrogens already are.
You should checkout this page for more information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5%CE%B1-Reductase_inhibitor
>>
>>7134566
Cypro and Spiro are not on the list. Does it mean they're not gonna help in reducing the hair growth?
>>
>>7134602
DHT is about 5 times as potent as testosterone. Your hair follicles respond to both testosterone and DHT but due to DHT's potency they'll respond 5 times as often to it rather than test.

DHT is derived from testosterone so reducing your total free testosterone also reduces DHT. But if you're having issues with male pattern baldness and excessive body hair a 5-a-reductase inhibitor might not be a bad idea. I'm not sure if you could combine them with a regular antiandrogen though. Plus you should be careful when using certain 5-a-r inhibitors since sometimes they can interfere with estradiols effects.
>>
>>7134682
Or actually, should probably clarify a bit. DHT is 5x as potent toward certain androgen receptors just in a general case, but 5-a-R is found predominantly in sebaceous glands (and your testicles and prostate) which are a part of your hair follicle. So DHT is not only more potent than testosterone, your body synthesizes it directly at the root of every follicle.
So your hair will be influenced like 90% by your DHT levels unless your DHT is very low in which case testosterone can get a shot at the receptors in your hair follicles, but it has less potency and less receptor affinity than DHT. Reducing testosterone might slow the production of DHT but ultimately if you want to nuke your body hair follicles and improve male pattern balding you'll need to inhibit 5-a-R specifically.
>>
>>7134885
> you'll need to inhibit 5-a-R specifically.
But you said it could interfere with estradiol and might not be suitable got use with anti androgens. I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.
>>
>>7135075
I've just heard some of them can, like especially if you go the herbal route where it's a big mix of chemicals.
You could always ask your doctor. But generally reducing your total testosterone should be good enough. You might just have to accept that your body hair is there for good unless you get it removed.
>>
>>7134885
So... if a transgirl takes HRT reducing only testosterone (ex spironolactone) will that have no/little effect on male pattern baldness and body hair? On the other hand an orchiectomy would have an effect on body hair, right?
>>
>>7134433
>>7134549
They're active forever. Old people don't lose hair they gain it, your grand mother probably has hair on her face too by now. It's a human inevitability but you just got there quicker by being born male.
>>
>>7135379
grand mothers have completely different hormonal levels too

>>7135315
>reducing
some of it will still get converted to DHT
if you nuke it entirely - nothing will
AAs are used to treat hirsutism (hairiness) in women too
>>
>>7135315
Well to make DHT your body needs testosterone to begin with. Regular antiandrogens will reduce DHT by reducing testosterone, but not as much as 5-AR inhibitors might.
The difference is probably relatively minimal assuming you get your total testosterone quite low.
>>
I was on 50 mg cypro. And it didn't affect my body hairs in any way. So my doc added 2,5 mg fina (dht) and 125 flutamide (block T receptors)

Lost around 40% of my body hairs which is still not enough but it's better than nothing.

And have hair everywhere fingers, arms, feet, back, ass, legs, tummy, boobs... So shit is important to me. Doc told me that in my case I'll have to take those meds forever even after orchi/SRS because my body is so responsive to T/DHT.
>>
>>7136231
The only thing is I've heard with Finasteride the effects aren't very typical of what 5-AR inhibitors should be doing or what antiandrogens should be doing just in general.

If you look at the site propeciahelp.com these are guys that took it for male pattern balding and their skin was getting all fucked up, their veins became varicose all over their penises and body, they broke out in extremely severe acne whilst having zero acne previously, their bones starting whilting away and decaying, etc.
It seems like horrible stuff just in general.
>>
>>7134682
>Plus you should be careful when using certain 5-a-r inhibitors since sometimes they can interfere with estradiols effects.
How so?
>>
>>7136354
isn't that site a meme like Susan's?
>>
>>7136392
Some 5-AR inhibitors also exhibit antiestrogenic effects by being partial ER-a and ER-b receptor agonists, whilst having about 1/1000th the transcriptase activity so despite being estrogenic they are in fact antiestrogens. Some are competitive, some aren't.
>>
>>7136399
Considering they have successfully won several federal class action lawsuits in multiple countries now I would say no
>>
>>7136354
Then what 5-AR inhibitor whould you recommend?
>>
>>7136354
And what dose?
>>
>>7136993
There is technically a ton of stuff that inhibits 5-AR but finasteride, and maybe dutasteride, is pretty much the most "stable"
You know exactly what it will do, how much it will do it, and how much you should take.

It's not known whether the negative side effects are hormone related or drug related. Removing DHT from the body is a modern phenomena. Sure saw palmetto inhibits 5-AR, so does certain mushrooms like red reishi, soy does a bit as well. But it's only been in like the last 20 years that 5-AR inhibitors have been researched and it's a pretty neglected field of research cause nobody is really interested in it. It's use for male pattern baldness has been seriously questioned due to health concerns, it's use for prostate issues has been questioned due to health concerns and lack of evidence of success, and transsexuality doesn't get a lot of research to begin with.

When you're looking at 5-AR inhibitors 99% of them have maybe 1 or 2 research articles, usually not peer reviewed, and not even human trials.
Sorry to say, but you're entering unknown territory when considering 5-AR inhibitors. The research just isn't there. If you're not comfortable taking something with known serious side effects then don't do it.
I'd say most of the side effects are hormonal. The skin issues, bone issues, etc point to testosterone:dht:estrogen ratio imbalances. With no 5-AR testosterone increases which increases estrogen and without DHT you'd see some feminization most likely since 10% of test goes to dht but dht is 5x as potent as test so technically you're decreasing total androgen activity even if testosterone increases. But that's just my opinion, there's zero research to back it up lol
>>
>>7138325
Therefore it would be safer to just increase the anti androgen dose, right?
>>
>>7138729
Well finasteride doesn't seem to have a lot of the same negative side effects in women. It's probably cause it's basically killing guys testicles which is what's the issue desu....
Which does make sense since it is an antiandrogen. We've used those for chemically castrating people for like a hundred years now lol
I don't know why people didn't think it would do that to themselves. The lawsuits are more cause Merck didn't properly inform people about what screwing around with your hormones can do to your body I guess.

It's probably safe enough to use it if you're also taking estradiol. Cause you're trying to feminize yourself I would think so shrunken testes/penis and erectile dysfunction probably doesn't seem like a negative for you anyway lol
>>
>>7139125
I was thinking about cypro, not finasteride.
>>
>>7139125
Or would taking finasteride have better effect on my body hair than increasing cypro dose?
>>
>>7140001
finasteride directly targets DHT whereas cypro does not.
I'd think if you had the combo of fina + cypro it would be better at eliminating body hair than just simply cypro. You might just have to test it out and see what works.
>>
>>7141587
What dose would you recommend?
>>
>>7141587
Finasteride increases T levels, right? Does that mean I should increase the cypro dose too if I decide to take it?
>>
>>7142311
It increases T due to the decrease in DHT. Overall it's a decrease in androgens since testosterone is less active than DHT.
I believe women with hirsutism typically use a 0.5 to 1mg dose.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.