[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it dangerous to take more than 4mg of Estrogen? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 1477710017287.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477710017287.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Is it dangerous to take more than 4mg of Estrogen?

I've heard any higher causes damage to your organs. Only very few, require 6mg. But stick with 4 so they don't damage themselves.

and that it's possible to flood your E receptors so much they stop absorbing so well at which point you are screwed?
>>
I take 8mg a day of E and 100mg of Spiro according to my endocronologist's advice and my levels are fine. The necessary dosage to reach normal levels will vary from person to person though.
>>
My endocrinologist says I'm fine with just 2mg, it really depends on the person I guess
>>
>>7132531
have you had blood work done? what are your levels?
>>
>>7132317
It all depends on your levels and if you're at risk for blood clots.
If you don't smoke, and you're not that old, you could easily get away with 8mg if you did need that.
>and that it's possible to flood your E receptors so much they stop absorbing so well at which point you are screwed?
The only thing I've heard about this is that phytoestrogens "steal" the receptors so that if you're taking regular hrt, it's bad because the phytoestrogens aren't as effective.
>>
File: aesthetic.jpg (142KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic.jpg
142KB, 570x570px
>>7132610
>have you had blood work done?
He's asking 4chan whether he can take more than 4mg of estradiol without sustaining organ damage; do you think he's had fucking blood work done?
>>
>>7132688
top kek anon
>>
>>7132688
I bought a blood test online and my E levels weren't high enough on 4mg
>>
>>7132688
I'm not OP, just a random anon.
>>7132610
My endocrinologist never gave me a report or anything but he just said it was fine, but I'll see him again soon and we'll do another test to judge if maybe the dose needs to be increased after all.
>>
>>7132817
Keep in mind your endo might be clueless and isn't going by levels advised for transgirls to see effective development. From my experience of reading reading other's experiences with endos is that they go by completely varying dosages as their standard. I.e. 8mg a day to all their patients or say 2mg mg a day to all their patients. They go by opinion of what is "good enough" instead of what's been recognized as the ideal levels for transgirls.
>>
if you have to take more than 8 mg per day than its almost always recommended to switch to injections. some people get good levels on only 4 mg, and some peoples levels barely change on 8
>>
>>7132909
You're probably right. I'll look into it a bit more to make sure it's enough based on the blood levels. Thank you for the tip!
>>
Is that the fucking debian logo but blue
>>
So are you supposed to get your E levels into female range ASAP or what?
>>
>>7133179
Yes, that would be a good idea

It's more cost-effective to wait until androgen levels have been lowered to female range first, though.
>>
>>7133239
but I also heard you're supposed to go slow in order to mimic female puberty?
>>
>>7133242
ehh, not much point to that
>>
Not knowing my levels for six years is really starting to give me anxiety. I still have over a week until I get to know the test results and it's really starting to give me anxiety.
>>
>>7133248
Shit, gave me so much anxiety I accidentally posted the same thing twice.
>>
>>7133247
b-b-but conetits!

>>7133248
6 years?
>>
>>7133271
Yeah well, one of my endos did check out my levels a long time ago and told me they were fine, but I never saw the results. And I think I've been on way too little spiro. My hips and waist used to be my favorite features, but now they're shit.
>>
>>7132317
>I've heard any higher causes damage to your organs. Only very few, require 6mg.

nigga what
i need 12 mg to get decent levels, it's very individual and different from person to person. Stop spreading bullshit
>>
>>7133681
When did you increase to 12mg?

Must have been over a year before you got to that point
>>
File: e.png (47KB, 535x198px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
47KB, 535x198px
This was from 8mg daily.
>>
>>7134164
It's technically good enough, are you happy with that?

Were you splitting 8mg evenly (4mg morning/night)
>>
>>7134273
My dysphoria is much less pronounced, I'm starting to pass, and breast growth is going well, so yeah, I'm happy.

Yes, I take 4mg twice a day.
>>
>>7132681
Yeah estradiol by itself does not "steal" receptor space.
What can steal receptor space is taking other estrogen compounds that have a high affinity to estrogen receptors. This includes many phytoestrogens and most other synthetic estrogens. They may not do what you want them to do once they're occupying receptor space. This is why they warn women against certain PMS or menopause supplements if they're on birth control because those things will be competitive agonists for estrogen receptors but they have different activity levels at receptors.
>>
>>7132317
I am prescribed 6mg a day by my doctor. It's totally fine so long as you work up gradually, monitor your levels and stop when things are normal.

My ex was prescribed 10mg lol
>>
So I know for sure that I'm going to kill myself because my levels were wrong this whole time and my skeleton masculinized despite the fact that I was on HRT.

I'm just wondering, why didn't the doctors test my levels regularly like they were supposed to? Is there a reason why they do this for everyone else, but they didn't do this for me? I'm honestly fucking pissed, and I wish I could vent my frustration in a more constructive way.
>>
>>7134883

So you never tested your hormones before and when you finally did, you found out they weren't in the female range the entire time? When did you start and how old are you now?
>>
>>7134910
I got the blood drawn but I don't actually know the results yet. But I can look at my own body and feel my own bones and I can tell that they have changed. Just moving around feels really awkward now, it's uncomfortable at pretty much all times. And the dosage I've been on has not been good, according to anecdotes from here

I started at 15, 21 now. I've already shit up other threads about this
>>
>>7133242
You'll never mimic female puberty that's just a hon myth like mimicking menstruation.
>>
>>7134963
The worst part is the higher hip bones and the loss of flexibility. I can't do anything my body used to be able to do, and it's insanely frustrating. It's so different from how my body used to work, that I don't think I'll be able to get used to it. And this was all because of a stupid mistake.

Thankfully I didn't have much to live for anyway. But it's just kinda stupid and sad.
>>
I take 6mg a day. My doctor had me on 4mg a day, but I asked for more because I was frustrated at having very little results after 2 years. He told me that he normally wouldn't, but since I'm about 10 to 20 years younger than his average patient I'm probably fine. I've had blood tests and checkups since then and everything has been fine.
>>
so why exactly is it assumed that being in typical female post-puberty range is the correct range to be in?
as far as I'm aware there are basically zero studies on levels for tranny feminization
>>
>>7134856
>work up gradually
how gradually?
>>
>>7136992
My doctor had me do 2mg increments.
>>
>>7137005
2mg increase every month so that you were at 6mg by month 3?
>>
>>7137006
Nahh slower than that. Like 5 months to get to 6mg. It was dependant on blood tests and NHS paper trails so there was some administration fuckery going on
>>
Can you use lower doses of Estrofem than oral E?
>>
>>7132952
Anon, not to disparage, but I want to expand on what that other anon said. Your medical care is about YOU. don't let some doctor flount authority all over you. An endocrinologist not telling you your hormone levels should be totally unacceptable.

As a mtf trans woman, I was getting bloodwork done the other day, and I basically had to tell the NP off to get her to even run a testosterone level test.

"You're on spiro, so you won't have any testosterone."

"I'd like the test anyway, thanks."

Hospitals operate on a factory production-line model, so you need to be willing to advocate for your best interests, even if the doctors see it as an inconvenience or whatever. Mostly, they see you as a paycheck, more than someone who truly needs their help... so make sure you keep in mind that you are the REASON they have a paycheck, and demand that you are cared for accordingly.
>>
>>7132317
Do blood work and you will be fine at any dose. It's risky, since too high of a dose compared to your needs will cause thrombosis. 4 mg should be enough for most girls around here, but some of us need 6, or 8. Some need only 2. Before my orchi I also needed 6, but I'm now down to 4.

I knew an insane doctor who scripted 8 mg to anyone asking for E. I knew a girl who had breast cysts from it.

Do bloodwork, talk with your doctor, and you'll be fine on any dose.
>>
>>7132317
I've been taking 8mg a day and E2 levels were too low probs coz natural estradiol is destroyed faster since I smoke. Now I'm on 70mcg of ethinylestradiol again. Still alive.
>>
>>7132317
Also: n0b question: When is the best time to take bloodwork? Bloodwork for E is independent from food, so it doesn't have to be in the early morning. I know that E peaks in 4 hours after taking it, and has a half-life of 8 hours. So, when is the best time to take measurements?

> Immediately before taking your pills (minimum E concentration)
> Immediately after taking my pills (as my endo asked)
> 4 hours after taking my pills (measure the peak)
> 8 hours after taking my pills (measure the falling edge)
>>
>>7133248
Why not use private lab to check levels yourself?
>>
>>7142481
I take 2mg in the morning and 2mg in the evening, but if I go to get blood test, I don't take any pills or eat food. When I get back home, I eat and take pills.
Dunno if I'm doing it right or wrong, been curious too.
>>
>>7142481
You're supposed to measure at the point your levels would be lowest

So usually before your morning dose
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.