[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy shit, i've been browsing this board for the past few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Water-glass.jpg (9KB, 350x457px) Image search: [Google]
Water-glass.jpg
9KB, 350x457px
holy shit, i've been browsing this board for the past few days and this board has BY FAR the most trip/name fags on 4chan. what gives? are lgbt people, mostly the trannies if we're using this board to judge, just huge attention whores like a lot of people speculate? or is it just a (((coincidence)))? what do you think, board regulars?
>>
I'm pretty sure /x/ has more tripfags per user pop. than here.
>>
>>7117588
When you have a general whose purpose is not to help inform people about transition or trans issues, but rather for people to discuss their personal experiences, those most active in the group will take names so that the rest of the group can identify them and relate to their posts in a coherent time form, as opposed to anons telling one-of anecdotes
The same thing happened like 7-8 years ago on /b/ with the Alice threads
>>
>>7117685
Every trip I know is an erp-ing neet catfishing cunt
>>
>>7117685
so if that's the case then why not go to reddit where everyone has usernames? /int/ has generals that are there to serve the same purpose yet barely anyone tripfags. what makes /lgbt/ different?
>>
>>7117757
why do you hate trips
>>
>>7117765
well for one thing, I never said I hated tripfags. BUT if I did, it'd be for the same reasons everyone does. this website was built around the idea of anonymity, tripfagging goes directly against that idea. it doesn't help that 99% of tripfags are obnoxious attention whores as well.
>>
>>7117780
this website was built on the idea that itd be cool to have an english 2chan clone
>>
we're like when /pol/ was ironically religious and then shit got real
>>
>>7117689

yep

thats what grosses me out so much about the mtf general threads. its just a bunch of tripfags ERPing in a really awkward way. almost no actual discussion
>>
>>7117788
and what's one of the main aspects of 2ch and therefore 4chan that differentiate it from other similar websites?

I don't know why I'm responding to you though, this has absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked in the OP.

>>7117800
/pol/ isn't one of my main boards either but as far as I can tell while they do have a decent amount of trips, even they don't have as many as you guys do.
>>
>>7117588
>(((coincidence)))
Are you accusing queer people of being a Jewish plot?
>>
>>7117588
This board should be renamed to /trans/ desu.
>>
>>7117849
are you implying they're not?

seriously though, do any board regulars care to offer some insight to this phenomenon or should I just fuck off?
>>
>>7117889
It's done really just to keep track of the conversation
>>
>>7117889
Pushing trans is a jew plot. However it shouldn't be surprising that a hated demographic (trannies) would seek to replace the love and attention they can't get irl by tripfagging on 4chan.
>>
>>7117896
that doesn't really explain it though when pretty much all other boards are able to have conversations just fine without resorting to tripfaggotry.

>>7117900
yes, I figured this would be /polgbt/'s opinion on the matter. is it really just that simple though, trannies are just mentally ill attention whores?
>>
>>7117757
Because the community is inherently different.
>>
>>7117830
4chan isn't based off 2ch, it's based off futaba who has their own share of tripfaggots.
Hell, most of the people who started coming from world2ch and SA to 4chan adopted trips.
It's not like 15 year old moot had a great vision as to creating a free and open place to discuss things, he just wanted a place to post pictures for his friends, and then world2ch got him roped into imageboard/translation drama and everything went from there.
You need to reassess what people say about 4chan, and what actually was the case.
>>
>>7117986
yes, that answers the reddit question, I realized that after I wrote it. it doesn't answer any of the other questions though, including the ones in that same post.
>>
>>7117588
water is good
>>
>>7117588
For me it was because it was the only place i could use my girl name.
>>
>>7118004
This board is like 80% generals and has a relatively low population. It's completely unsurprising that tripfags and attentionwhores are a thing.
It's like you've never been to /b/ before forced anon. I'm starting to think you're just a newfag.
>>
>>7117996
jesus christ. AGAIN, even if everything in your post is true, it STILL doesn't change the fact that /lgbt/ has A LOT more tripfags than every other board on this website and that from what i've noticed most of them seem to be trans people. also, please don't try to make it seem like tripfags aren't universally hated on 4chan.

I'm not interested in a history lesson from a le oldfag. I'm interested in the question I asked in the OP that nobody (well one person but their answer was fairly predictable and simplistic) has been able to answer. so adress that or fuck off, thanks.
>>
>>7118012
well, even if your answer isn't very satisfying at least it's honest and makes some sense. thank you.

>>7118013
every point in your post has been adressed in other posts ITT. fuck off.
>>
>>7118017
What the fuck does it matter? Some board with a bunch of trannies has a bunch of annoying tripfags how surprising. Anons still hate them and think they're annoying as fuck unless those anons want to kiss ass and eventually become avatar/tripfags as well.
You're saying this like it needs a complex answer when it doesn't. /lgbt/ just has a lot of attentionwhores and a lot of generals. There you fucking go.
And don't make the comparison that /vg/ has a bunch of generals too because the purpose of the two boards is completely different.
>>
>>7118026
I never mentioned /vg/ shit head I mentioned /int/. and yes, another anon has already given the same answer as you. I thought some one else might have a different view they'd like to share but that's obviously not you. so thanks for your wonderful and thought provoking contribution to the thread anon, you can fuck off now. at least the trip fag above provided something new, something you seem to be incapable of doing.
>>
>>7117947
Conversations, particularly in /mtfg/, stretch over weeks or months and dozens of threads
It's a matter of convenience
>>
>>7118449
basically this. also there are a lot of strands of conversation happening at the same time, it just helps when there are multiple replies per post that trickle down to other posts with 5 replies

sorry, no we arent (all) mentally ill attention whores
>>
>>7117947
Well that's why i do it. I can find my last statement an go back and fourth from there. I tried to drop the name, but I've got to much going on to just worry about this site. Like this people who want to find my anon ass can yet still manage to keep some anonymity.
>>
File: 1470595253483.jpg (254KB, 756x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1470595253483.jpg
254KB, 756x1134px
>>7117588
some opinions are just more important than other ones.
>>
>>7117757
It creates a sense of community which appeals more to people who experience pressures not felt by the majority of the population
>>
bump for explanation of this phenomenon
>>
>>7117588

Its a board dedicated to identity politics
People struggling with labels
>>
>>7117588

All the sane lgbt folk post on other forums. Personally I am all over /co /tg /fit and sometimes /x.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.