[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple question, if someone asked you to refer to them by pronouns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_20160526-193031.png (453KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160526-193031.png
453KB, 720x1280px
Simple question, if someone asked you to refer to them by pronouns other than he or she, would you do it?
>>
>>7115144
I would refer to it as it at that point
>>
>>7115144
If they're genetically female and i think they're cute or the look like they can handle the dick/are masochistic I'll call them whatever will get them on their back, knees or stomach.

Once they're on this 9 inches of dick they're Daddy's good little slut.
>>
The only time I do that is when they asked to be called they. Since that might just be a confusing time for them where they haven't decided between either gender. Generally they come around to one or the other though. Anything other than he/she/or they is deffinately a fuckwad though.
>>
to their face, yes
>>
File: dNVvntX.gif (133KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
dNVvntX.gif
133KB, 311x366px
>>7115171
>>
Well I'll really only be referring to them in the third person when they're not around, so it depends on with whom I'm talking about them behind their back.
In general, I just take the path of least resistance, but that doesn't mean I'm buying into it and I won't pretend I do.

I'm definitely not doing any xe xi zo zum bullshit though.
>>
>>7115144
Anything other than they, no
And I'll use their name more often instead
>>
I like to think of myself as a nice and generally accommodating person, almost to a fault.
Unfortunately I'm also an english major and hearing someone use the term xe or zir makes me want to hate fuck the offending party directly in the eye.
So, yeah, I would make a genuine effort to but there's no telling when I would give up the ghost and punch them in the face.
>>
No, because these people have to get a grip on how the world works.

If you suffer from knowing that people refer to you with a gendered pronoun, as it's custom in their languages when talking about a person, then that's your problem to deal with. Don't expect everyone to change in order to accommodate you.
>>
No. I don't waste time on strangers, I'm not learning any other pronouns for someone just because of their feelings. The reality is that o don't give two shits about feelings, I don't experience any strong feelings myself so why should I bother with other people's?

As far as I'm concerned they should learn to be tougher and not be hurt by air vibrations.
>>
>>7115144
only "they/them" is acceptable
any xi or xier or whatever is t o o m u c h
>>
>>7115144
Only if the person wasn't a cunt about it
But no made up shit like ziie and Mxtery
>>
probably not neopronouns, but if they asked me to use they/them pronouns, sure
>>
>>7115144
I call everyone dude.
I give no fucks.
I would love a tumblrina to be butthurt at me calling everyone dude so I could use my ace in the sleeve.
>>
Yes, because I'm not a dick.
Although if it's anything other than he/she/they I'll probably slip up sometimes.
>>
>>7115144
no, I just wouldn't talk to them ever again
>>
File: pronouns.png (23KB, 605x404px) Image search: [Google]
pronouns.png
23KB, 605x404px
Straw poll time.

>http://strawpoll.de/2bb2caw
>>
>>7119618
Looks like the No's are winning. Maybe legbutts is not as cucked as I thought it was.
>>
>>7115144
They/them is okay I guess. Anything else, and I'm just going to contort sentences to avoid pronouns altogether. It's not like they're necessary outside of group conversation anyway.
>>
>>7115144
As long as it wasn't outrageously silly and or there just whoring for attention, yes
>>
>>7115144
They/them is ok, because they could be in an awkward spot transition wise.
>>
>>7115144
I would not communicate with such delusional asshat
>>
If someone I knew really well and respected came out as gender fluid and asked for special pronouns I would accommodate them. If I were meeting a new person and they explained their special pronouns to me I would be polite to their face that time but never interact with them again.
>>
>>7115144
>if someone asked you to refer to them by pronouns other than he or she, would you do it?

Yes - to their face when I first meet them to be polite and respectful. And never again, because I would no longer associate with them afterwards.
>>
>>7115144
No. I roll my eyes at they as well You are one being.
>>
>>7122212
No anon. We are one being. :^)
>>
File: ydoyoucare.jpg (29KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
ydoyoucare.jpg
29KB, 553x484px
I'd do it. Sure. It literally cost nothing and I have nothing to prove. I think the bigger question to all the No's here is:
>>
>>7115144
first I would ask about the declensions, and let them know if they based them completely on masculine declensions like language illiterates
>>
>>7115144
I'll do 'they.'

In my many years of moving in trans circles, not even the sjwest fagette has ever asked for me than that
>>
No. You wanna be a girl fine you can be a she you wanna be a guy then fine you can be a he. If you want neither, you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7115144
That's when I'd put on my headphones, turn 360° and walk away.
>>
Possibly, depending on (a) how polite they were (b) how friendly I am with them (c) how insane the request is.

But I would also only do that to the persons face, not in other company, because I think it's slightly nuts to need other people to do that.
>>
>>7115144
A good friend of mine is questioning but probably won't transition. I was asked to use "they" and I love them enough to respect that. Sometimes it sounds unnatural in conversation but that's okay. It's not a big deal.
>>
>>7115144
Might as well
Although I don't believe in other genders, it doesn't cost me anything. So why hurt that person for no reason?
Plus since I'm trans I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't respect other people's pronouns
>>
>>7115144
they/them, yes, 100% of the time for sure.
xe/xeir (or whatever it is idk) i'd try my best but probably fuck up from time to time since it's unnatural to me.
if it was some weird shit like fae i probably would not be able to stop myself from laughing every time i said it. if they're my friend i'll still try, if not i'll make fun of them behind their back like the two faced bitch i truly am.
>>
>>7115144
If they don't want he or she, they'll get they from me.
Any made up bullshit needs to stay on tumblr where it belongs.
>>
>>7115144
No
If they're FtM I'll use he and vice versa. Anything other than that is made up bullshit. People aren't gender neutral so I won't use gender neutral pronouns
>>
>>7115144
Sure,

If it's special snowflake or AH-64 "Apache" attack helicopter
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.