[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Help General #127

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 27

File: Trans Help General.png (208KB, 694x907px) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General.png
208KB, 694x907px
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8

Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU

Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt (currently doesn't work)
search with google for specific threads

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>7074766
>>
Is there a website for figuring out how male sizes translate to female sizes? I bought some size 10 jeans but they turned out getting too lose after I wore them around a bit.
>>
File: timetodrink.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
timetodrink.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
How long does it usually take Assetchemist to ship if they're writing the prescription? It's been 5 days and I haven't gotten any emails besides the receipt.
>>
What kind of reasons could deny HRT for me?
Currently i'm worried about the thing that i don't have any friends outside of the internet, maybe low self-esteem but other than that i don't have any problems, no major depression nor anxiety. I live in Finland btw.
>>
>>7109063
A previous diagnosis of a mental illness will worry any doctor.
>>
>>7109106
Well i've got no previous mental illnesses, maybe i'm worrying about this too early as HRT is many months away possibly years(if i get denied.)
>>
>>7109063
the reason you live in finland could deny you HRT
what ive heard the trans care is abysmal in finland
>>
File: Sizing_Chart.jpg (155KB, 479x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sizing_Chart.jpg
155KB, 479x500px
>>7108939

At the very least, most sizes can be broken down to basic measurements, so you can figure out for yourself what your size translates to. And there are size conversion charts for different countries.

Sizes are often pretty arbitrary though, so I'd rely on a specific brand's size chart over anything general.
>>
>>7109298
Well most of the problems i've seen people have is actually getting to the gender identity clinic which i already have an appointment with, if i have serious problems with them i'll just start self-medding.
>>
File: 1354811452645.png (153KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1354811452645.png
153KB, 720x540px
>>7108879
>tfw almost 25 and just now decided to start transitioning
>tfw all the men in my family bald early and I know if I get on T I"ll just look like an angry, balding dyke
>>
>>7109486
finasteride
>>
How hard is it for a mtf to find people to date? (mainly other women)
>>
>>7110029
Take all the women in your area. Divide that by like 3/4 because you need a lesbian. Divide that by 20-70% depending on your area because you need one that is not transphobic and is fine with you having a penis. Then you need to find someone in that pretty small group you are attracted to, is attracted to you, and you have good chemistry with.

In summary: pretty hard
>>
>>7110045
>Let's say 500 women
>500/(3/4)=666.66666
>666.666/0.7=952
>666.666/0.2=3333.33333
Out of 500, I have over three thousand girls in the dating pool?
>>
>>7108964
my last order took 11 days to arrive, they never marked my delivery as dispatched instead it was "inprogress" up till when it was delivered.
>>
>>7110085
That's not how math works, anon.

>>7110045
1/4 of women are lesbians? What?
>>
>>7110197
>That's not how math works, anon.
Yes it is 1x(3/4)=0.75 where as 1/(3/4)=1.33...
>>
>have opportunity to tell pronouns
>social anxiety prevents me

Ugh. Is there an easy way to explain your pronouns to important people (co-workers, parents, etc)?
>>
>>7110304
>telling pronouns
just pass instead, much easier
>>
Should I trim my body hair before I epilate (using electric trimmer/razor) or does it not matter how long the hair is?
>>
>>7110483

It's impossible to pass as androgynous.
>>
>>7110171
I didn't receive an email to track it with, do I check that on the website?
>>
>>7110582
maybe if you're a hon
>>
Is there a point where you start being too old to transition? I've wanted to be a boy since I was basically in single digits and thanks to semi being in the closet + other uncertainties I've only really started to think about it seriously the last couple of years but now I'm... getting kind of old.
>>
>>7110171
>>7110655
Found the email, it was in spam. It still says "In Progress" after five days though.
>>
>>7110810
A lot of depressed people here will say anything past 12 is too late. I say it's never too late, be who you want to be, girl!
>>
>>7110810

Never too old to be yourself. 'Seen 70 year olds transition.

>>7110772

I'm FAAB and no, most people can't look androgynous. You either look like a average guy, feminine guy, masculine guy, feminine woman, average woman, butch woman, or tomboyish woman. Most people can't look androgynous enough to make people unable to gender them.

Plus I don't wanna look androgynous.
>>
>>7110862
>>7110876

Okay, sure, but starting taking testosterone at a later stage in life doesn't mess one up any differently or anything?
only semi related: does everyone that transitions take the same amount of T or does your dosage change depending on what your doctor says?
>>
Is there some sort of middle ground when it comes to dysphoria and being genderfluid? I am thinking of going on T but am ambivalent because I worry I'll get dysphoria when I don't feel so masculine (which is admittedly quite rare).

>>7110911

I don't know many late transitioner ftm however I think if you start T after 40 it doesn't work as strongly. You'll end up having a higher pitched or just feminine voice.

And yes. It's different for everyone.
>>
>>7110911
Ah, you're ftm, sorry about the girl comment. Idk why but I thought I was on /mtfg/ so I assumed the opposite. Anyway, no it's not going to mess you up because you're old, the only bad thing about late transitions is that you won't get as much out of it since you went through puberty as your born gender and bones are pretty set in stone. Hormone dosages are fairly similar from person to person but definitely can change based on what your levels are, just do what your doctor says.
>>
>>7110957
It's cool. I'm not overly picky if people call me male or female.
By "not get as much out of it", like, I wouldn't be able to grow a thick beard or that I won't be putting on muscle mass as well or my lady curves will do everything they can to stick around?

Sorry for the bombarding of questions, but I'm finally starting to consider this seriously so I'm full of 'em.
>>
>have started having worse and worse depressive states where i lay in bed and cry and plan suicide

does taking hormones actually make this stop or is it a meme
>>
>>7111003
Sorry but I'm not really sure how transitioning from different states pans out for ftm. I only know that a lot of mtf girls freak out because they can't get rid of their masculine jaw or height or whatever. From what I do know, I assume beard and muscle mass should be no problem, the thing you have to worry about is bone structure. Your curves might be persistant but if they're mostly fat/muscle you should be fine getting rid of them, you might still have some big hips and small shoulders for a guy in the end. I think ftm transitions are pretty easy in general besides genitals overall, even if you end up looking like a bit of a girly guy you can definitely pass, mtfs have it a bit harder since a masculine looking girl looks weird to a lot of people. That's coming from the perspective of someone born male and wanting to be female, though, you might not be as pleased with your results if you actually want to be male and weren't handed it to you by birth.
>>
>>7111141
what do i do then
>>
>>7111145
Well it depends how much of your depression is based on how your body is.
>>
>>7111145
>>7111046
Not a meme, it might not instantly fix your depression but if you're trans it will definitely help a lot, especially once it starts feminizing you noticably.
>>
>>7110537
Trim it. If you don't, the epilator will snap the hair instead of pull it out.
>>
>>7111075
So, my feminine face will pretty much stay the same, I'll just get to frame with with a beard, huh?
I'm only a little over 5feet tall anyway so I'll look like a little manlette anyway regardless I guess.
I'm gathering that I can aspire to fem boy at this stage?
Guess it could be worse.

THanks all the same. It's really good stuff to finally be reading about.
>>
>>7111196
Your face will change, your fat wil redistribute a bit. It's just your bones that are stuck like they are. Femboy will be easy to get to, you can probably look like a regular guy with enough time and effort, just a short one.
>>
Femboy here, I had to stop taking estrogen for a few days and the AA wasn't enough to keep the fem. I got really dsyphoric over getting more masculine over the short time and it made me wonder if I may be a tranny hiding in denial. I don't really identify with the male or female genders so idk
>>
>>7108939
Anyone in france ever ordered bicalutamide ?
>>
File: 1473859957539.jpg (22KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1473859957539.jpg
22KB, 251x231px
A few months ago I told my parents I was trans, I started self-medding and I planned to come out to most people it concerned,
but then I started some anti-depressants and since then I've gone through alternating phases of severe repression and severe dysphoria which has basically limited any progress to figuring out my issues.

Anyway, today my Mom decided to inspect every inch of my bedroom for anything incriminating she could find while I was at work.
She found everything, all my clothes, pills, etc. I don't know how to cope with this kind of intrusion. It's unbearable.

But what really makes me feel sick, more than the total intrusion into the private living quarters of another adult, is that she proceeds to tell my little sister everything and show her everything of mine while I was at work.
Just what the fuck.

I mean what do I do now?
It's like she's forced me into a corner where I have to come out to my little sister while struggling with a repression wave induced by my new anti-depressants.
And what if these pills make me repress so hard I never transition?
Is it supposed to be some family secret that everyone knows but never mentions how I'm a fucked in the head faggot but to scared to tell anyone???

I feel stuck. What should I do???
>>
>>7113873
Stop takin antidepressants, they're literally poison and big pharmaceutical companies "incentivize" doctors to prescribe them

Since you are an adult, MOVE THE FUCK OUT, go on social assisance if necessary
>>
>>7113887
>Stop takin antidepressants, they're literally poison and big pharmaceutical companies "incentivize" doctors to prescribe them
Wow, no bias here.
If the antidepressants help you, then keep taking them. if not, don't.
Also, if you do decide to go off them, don't do it cold-turkey. do ~2 weeks of half dose and ~2 weeks of quarter-dose. cut the pills if they're hard tabs. Cold-turkeying antidepressants is a BAD idea.
>>
So there are some rumors I've been hearing online that say that if you want to have better breast development/general feminization from HRT you should get an Orchiectomy/SRS prior to starting.
Is there any truth to that, or do AAs do the job well enough to not matter?
>>
>>7114041
Maybe it would help a little, but AAs do a good enough job regardless. It's definitely not needed.
>>
>>7113919
You're right, I am biased, because as a teenager I was prescribed this shit. When I told the doctor it didn't help me he doubled my dose, then tripled it. It made me an unfeeling zombie with a sexual dysfunction (could get erect, could not finish). Quitting that fucking poison COLD TURKEY was probably the only smart move I made in all my teen years.

Don't trust doctors, they are absolutely incentivized to call a moody teen "clinically depressed" and prescribe this utterly toxic garbage "medicine"
>>
>>7114041
There may be partial truth in it, since spiro apparently can hinder breast growth. Just take different AA to be safe and you'll most likely be fine.
>>
File: tumblr_nkwv1z7ZAk1rsxqqio1_250.gif (907KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkwv1z7ZAk1rsxqqio1_250.gif
907KB, 245x245px
>>7114109
>I had a bad experience with it so it must be bad for everybody
That's what happens when you do no research and just let doctors prescribe you something.
Clearly you weren't depressed so it's not like you'd need them in the first place.
And I fail to see how being an unfeeling zombie is worse than depression.
Your attitude reminds me of anti vaxxers if anything.
>>
>>7114366
You don't even need to really do research wtih antidepressents, you just need to tell your doctor if what you're on is giving you problems. I know people that had to try several different kinds before they found what worked, but I got lucky and the one I started with did the trick without any side effects.
>>
>>7114571
Wrong, there are antidepressants that work better for the broader population than others, ones that generally produce fewer side effects, TCAs seem to work especially well for men, etc.
>>
>>7114366
>Clearly you weren't depressed
>And I fail to see how being an unfeeling zombie is worse than depression.
If anon wasn't really depressed, it doesn't need to be worse than depression.

And if that anon took something just because the doctor prescribed it, who's to say other anon isn't in the same situation? Other anon didn't even mention depression, just the fact that they're on antidepressants in the context of how it's fucking up their life, I think a little skepticism is warranted.
>>
So how long does it take for a package from AllDayChemist to get to the east coast?
>>
>>7114966
I've had it vary a great deal.
My deliveries have gotten to customs in New York in less than a week but also in about a month.
My last 3 deliveries have all been pretty quick.
>>
>>7115000

You ordered the same thing every time, right?
>>
>>7115049
Yes, same meds in the same quantity every time.
>>
>>7115061

Okay, thanks.
>>
I'm pretty sure I'm transgender but I don't want to be transgender and conversion therapy is illegal in my state because of stupid liberals. How can I fix myself?
>>
>>7115813
State as in one of the united states? That's 100% not constitutional, go to an out of state clinic or self med.
>>
>>7115813
You can't, and conversion therapy does not work. Transition or repress. Repression also does not work.

>>7115878
Conversion therapy is where a therapist tries to turn you cis/het, not HRT. It's banned in California and Oregon, and banned for use on minors in some other states.
>>
>>7115902
Oh, nvm then, don't do that, do hormones.
>>
>>7115902
If conversion therapy does not work then why is it banned? How do you know repression does not work if successful repression is impossible to report?
>>
>>7115936
>If conversion therapy does not work then why is it banned?
probably because it doesn't work?
>>
>>7115936
what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>7115936
It's psychologically scarring and leads to repression. Repression could have untold success but it has very well told suicide rates.
>>
>>7115957
So I'm fucked?
>>
>>7115982
You're fucked either way you go, but transition is the best option.
>>
>>7115982
Being trans isn't the end of the world. Start HRT as soon as you can and start thinking about transition when you're comfortable with it. Once your body starts changing you'll be a lot more open to the idea.
>>
File: tears.gif (203KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tears.gif
203KB, 480x270px
>>7116010
Not op but I feel the same way, I've been trying to get conversion therapy for months but everyone refuses me.
>>
Is there such a thing as feeling like you're in the middle of genders?

I feel like I want to be a man, and have for a very long time, but I also don't always hate having a female body either (although sometimes I do)? Some days I dress up my curves and others I do everything I can to hide them away and try to achieve a more masculine look.

What does one do in this case? I'm horribly confused and frustrated with myself because I can't seem to come to a conclusion on what would be my best course of action.
>>
>>7116158
Dysphoria comes in waves. There's a difference between loving yourself and not hating yourself.
>>
Is there a decent community of sissies/traps out there (preferrably channers) that i can talk about lewd things like anal toys with?

i tried /tr/
>>
>>7116755
>>>/lgbt/femgen/
>>
Is there any way I can avoid being associated with the general perception of LGBT and transpeople if I don't pass? I loath the pride fruits and all the absolutely psychotic transpeople out there. I absolutely hate that people who don't know me probably think I'm one of them.
>>
I'm 18 and trying to transition without my parents knowing, I'm planning on buying a Po box and shipping hormones to it. I have plenty of cash but no bank account. My current plan is to buy paypal cards. Is there an easier way of doing this? I was also wondering about bringing hormones on airplanes and if they would be confiscated
>>
>>7116891
Any other general advice
>>
>>7116891
If you're in the US Paypal won't let you do that. Their echeck system is limited because they are not legally a bank here.
>>
>>7116895
What part doesn't work, I'm planning on converting it to Bitcoin
>>
>>7116912
Paypal doesn't accept bitcoin transactions as it's direct competition, you're in the US anyways it's way easier to get hormones legally than Europe.
>>
I'm too scared to transition and I don't know what I should do.
My proportions are all screwed up so I'm pretty much definitely not going to pass, there's no good way to get rid of the penis because of how bad most SRS jobs are, and I don't want to die alone. I'm not happy about being a male but transition doesn't feel like a viable alternative to me.
>>
>>7116870

Just Bee Yourself. People who actually interact with you will cotton on to what you're about and treat you accordingly, and by being visible and vocal, you'll help counter the image of queers being a bunch of demanding pansies so that this kind of snap judgement won't be a problem anymore.
>>
>>7111196
your face won't be the same. Your skin will "harden", fat will redistribute, and several muscles in the face will grow significantly, making it look "rougher" overal. And yeah, you'll get beard growth eventually. Tons of cis guys use beards to hide their softer features.

>>7113468
ye you might be trans if you want a female body.

>>7114041
take cypro and this becomes a non-issue. I've never heard of an mtf getting an orchi before starting HRT, and every single doctor who does SRS requires that you've been fulltime for a year.

>>7115813
these are your options.
>transitioning
>repressing for some time of your life and then transitioning when you're old
>just repressing for the rest of your life and be unhappy forever
>killing yourself at some point in your life
>>
>>7117215
Any other way to buy hormones with cash
>>
I'm 23/bio male/bi/pan sexual. I've been struggling with with my gender identity for a long time. I didn't realize it for a long time due to repressing it/being raised to believe that being trans is wrong/etc. A few days ago I confessed my feelings to my gf of 3 years, and she totally supports me, wants me to explore this more.

I don't hate having a penis or presenting as male. But I feel like I would rather present as female in most situations. I've been experimenting with cross dressing for years and I have always loved how I look in women's clothing, but I wanted to be more feminine. I'm still really confused desu, years and years of religious and social programming make me doubt my own feelings.

I guess what I want to ask is what's my next step? What are some good resources or reading? Should I try to see a gender therapist? Is HRT something I should be considering?
>>
>>7118273
Definitely see a gender therapist, they can help you understand your feelings and they can help you decide what to do next.
>>
>>7115813
>stupid liberals banned conversion therapy
Lucky for you. If you would undergo conversion therapy because of your disdain for liberals, you'd have that sentiment largely to thank for your eventual suicide.
>>
>>7118150
The chemist?
>>
>>7118273
Definitely see a therapist. Minus the religious programming I feel very similarly, I've been seeing one and I've come to the conclusion that I likely am trans, and I'm talking to an endo in 2 weeks about possibly starting HRT. Awesome that your gf is supportive.
>>
>>7118150
prepaid CC
>>
>>7118273

How did you accept your household's belief that being trans is wrong, but not being bi?

Saying this as a bi tranny who only accepted being bi after accepting being trans.
>>
Does taking hormones help?

Will it make me feel better and be able to live a normal life?
>>
>>7120530
>Does taking hormones help?
>Will it make me feel better
Yes.
>and be able to live a normal life?
No the complete opposite of this.
>>
>>7121249
I don't think it will fix very many of my problems but maybe it would help me somewhat.

I guess I could live as a guy on hormones.

idk
>>
File: 1475848579420.jpg (1MB, 1432x2164px) Image search: [Google]
1475848579420.jpg
1MB, 1432x2164px
I'm a 25 year old, mildly overweight male and I recently took a huge interest in crossdressing. I want to slim down and maybe start taking anti androgens and pseudo estrogens to help pass better but I really don't know much outside of the various infographs that are occasionally posted around some other boards like pic related. I wanted to know how accurate some of these were and if it's a good idea to trust the advice on them or not. Sorry if I sound vague, this feeling is kind of new to me. I haven't really had a surge of motivation and energy towards something till now and I'd hate to waste what might be my only opportunity to actually get something I want out of life.
>>
>>7121671
>pseudo estrogens
lol
>>
File: 2309483094.jpg (71KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
2309483094.jpg
71KB, 500x492px
about 2 months ago i switched from progynon
depot injections to progynova pills and ever since that ive had chronic fatigue and absolutely no motivation to do anything, like ive tried to write down stuff i need to do during
they day but i always just end up sleeping the
day away in bed :( could this be linked to my
hormones? or am i just depressed?
>>
do you think its wise to change your body with hormones even if you have been dysphoric about it since before puberty, if you dont feel the need to go further than that and actually live as a girl, outside a relationship at least?

i wish i was either not dysphoric at all or full on trans, this is really confusing
>>
>>7121671
The Trap Mode Aesthetics guides are mostly bullshit, there is some decent exercise and clothing guides spread among them but even then, you would be better off looking for something better elsewhere.

Basically everything they say about eating specific foods to feminize yourself is bullshit. If you want feminization you need an actual anti-androgen and estrogen. Natural supplements are worse than useless since you'll gain nothing and be paying for them.
>>
>>7120320
I really only recently accepted that I was attracted to men, within the last couple years. I had a lot of friends who were gay and that made it easy to sort of accept that it was normal and ok to feel that way. I had one friend who was trans mtf, but we had a very bad falling out (over totally unrelated issues) so it's not like I can talk to them about it.

The past few days have been confusing. idk what it is but I feel different, I guess even just accepting the idea that I might be trans changes everything. I don't think surgery is something that I want, but I think I'd just at least be able to pass as female in daily life.

Before I guess I hid these desires behind a fetish and told myself it wasn't real. I repressed my homosexuality like that for years, and it wasn't good for me. Has anyone else's experienced similar stuff?
>>
>>7110085
...where did you learn math? You don't divide by a percentage, you multiply by it. Other anon explained it simply, but this is stuff you should have learned when you were 15.

{[(A / 2) * B] * T} = P

A - local female population, or 1/2 of total local politics for ease
B - MULTIPLY by the percentage of these females who are bi or gay. Call this 15% for simplicity
T - again multiply by a variable percentage based on how many of these women are interested in a transwoman
P - estimated number of potential partners, not corrected for personality or social circles

{[(15000 / 2) * .15] * .20} = 225

This is of course pure math, not taking any real conversations for the fact that people are people, but in a total population of 15000 you could have 225 potential partners.
>>
>>7122315

>i switched from progynon
>depot injections to progynova pills

Literally why? I'm doing the opposite.
>>
>>7108879
OK so I'm getting my balls chopped off in about 1 month. My surgeon and his nurse said I must stop all hrt two week prior. What happens if I don't stop just the T blockers? Would I die of a blood
Clot or some shit?
>>
>>7123067
> You don't divide by a percentage
Percentage literally means divided by hundred so ofc. you can divide with percentages you just gotta add an extra step so 20%=20/100=0.2 stop spreading false information, original anon should have said take 3/4 and then take 20-70% of what's left so it would be (500x3/4)x70/100=262,5
>>
>>7123250
Yes , you can die from a blood clot or you could just plain die on the table. If you've been told to stop both by your doctor, stop both by your doctor. If you don't trust his opinion then why the hell are you letting him take responsibility for cutting your balls off?
>>
>>7123297
At the end of the day you're welcome to do it however you want, but no teacher or professional is going to recommend using fractions in an equation that can be simplified down to a non-repeating number.

Also, I think your estimate that 75% of the female population is bi... well I oust really don't think so.
>>
File: Disgusting.jpg (118KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.jpg
118KB, 1080x720px
I'm 21, 6'1'', and can't stand being male anymore. Would HRT be a waste on me? Should I just off myself?
>>
>>7123408
i'm not just trying to make you feel better when i say this: you have a cute pseudo-feminine face already. the height is annoying, yeah, but a tall-ish cis girl in heels would almost match you. get on hrt if you want it, girl. not saying it'll be easy, but you have the potential to look feminine (and not just feminine, but cute) for sure.
>>
>>7123454
Oh my! I think I could work with the height because I'm quite skinny with narrow-ish shoulders, pronounced hips and feminine legs. My face was my biggest concern, thank you so much for the confidence boost <3
>>
File: qt.png (169KB, 348x442px) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
169KB, 348x442px
>>7123408

You have a good face and that cute birthmark/mole. You will need a nose job mainly.

>I see you looking something like this.
>>
>>7123464
Yeah, my nose is quite the buzzkill.
That shoop is so nice, though <3
>>
>>7123460
gotta call it as i see it <3

>>7123464
yeah, i'm legit jealous of that birthmark/mole. learning to contour the nose to look thinner would help a lot, i think.
>>
>>7123408
Your face looks like mine pre-hrt and I pass really well according to /passgen/ and my own real life experiences, I think you'll be fine.
>>
File: hair.jpg (76KB, 767x483px) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
76KB, 767x483px
>>7123481

I think it's mostly about hair though. Hair is what makes or breaks a woman, imo. You just have to find the perfect hair style for you and grow your hair out or find the perfect wig. Taaz.com makeover site may help.
>>
>>7123539
the braided one is pretty as fuck
>>
>>7123302
Well I just asked and she said mostly the estrogen. And they would high suggest not taking t blockers. Obvi I'm still not gonna take the t blockers. I just really don't like the idea of getting a T surge if I don't absolutely need to.
>>
>>7122563
You have dysphoria that would be treated by going on hormones don't you? It doesn't matter if you don't totally conform to other trans people; transition is a medical condition, not some special club you have to satisfy all the arbitrary criteria to join. Beyond that, the DSM diagnostic criteria for gender dysphoria don't require you to want to socially transition to achieve a diagnosis.

A lot of people get worse social dysphoria with time even if they never really had any. That's what I'm like. And many people are happy to be on hormones and not socially transition too.
>>
>>7123408
desu you don't appear to have finished male puberty. I see your hair line starting to recede. So start hrt fucking now.
Later it would be wise to have jaw/chin reduction surgery.
You have a really pretty feminine eye shape already.
So atleast get on T blockers and a DHT blocker like spiro and finasteride so you don't masculinze and you further.
>>
>>7123730
>transition is a medical condition
*transsexualism is a medical condition
>>
>>7123584
Elsa-mode, desu

>>7123740
Thank you. You're right about the pubery, my facial hair is still patch and weak, my hairline was always that high though. That plan of action sounds good!
>>
How fucked are my proportions?
>>
>>7123993
Forgot pic
>>
>>7123704
Yeah, I understand you. Personally, I think it's more important to take the immediate health concerns in mind. A blood clot is no laughing matter.
>>
>>7124010
building some core muscle might actually do some good to make you look less like an inverted triangle

I have a straight friend who's really into muscle girls
>>
>>7124090
Thanks! I try to watch my weight as I'm pretty tall by girl standards.
>>
>>7124028
Yea. I know. I'm afraid of getting a blood clot in my brain and then becoming a potato. Who knows if two weeks of testosterone is enough to be able to bank sperm.
>>
>>7123408

Well, I thought I was in /ftmg/, opened the pic before reading your post, and assumed you were pre-T, so that's probably a good sign.
I also may or may not have thought the thumbnail was Eleven from Stranger Things.
>>
How hard is it to be a lesbian tranny? I've tried liking guys but they're just so scary to me.
>>
>>7123336
it wasn't my numbers original anon said 3/4 i'm guessing he meant 1/4
>>
>>7125676

So you are attracted to men or fantasize about them, but you freeze up at the reality because you're afraid that a man might hurt you?
>>
File: ew.png (114KB, 423x199px) Image search: [Google]
ew.png
114KB, 423x199px
>>7125863
Let's just say I didn't have the best father growing up. Besides I prefer women anyways.
>>
File: Anasheya-397262-Abducted_part2.jpg (818KB, 1249x990px) Image search: [Google]
Anasheya-397262-Abducted_part2.jpg
818KB, 1249x990px
Q: How much shit would someone have to put up with in order to transition into a butch transgirl?
>>
So my qhi package is about a week late and I'm running out of pills, is it safe to assume customs snatched it and I'm going to have to off myself?
>>
>>7126460
butch transwoman here, so far not much for me.
>>
File: 1476265822129.jpg (179KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1476265822129.jpg
179KB, 750x750px
I've seen various exercise routines meant to help get fuller looking hips, but does anyone know if there's anything similar for the face to get fuller looking cheeks?
Also, does anyone here have any experience with waist training? Does it help much with reducing the size of the ribcage and/or help with fat redistribution at all, and are there any major medical risks to it?
I asked the same things about a week ago but got no reply, so sorry to ask the same thing a second time.
Oh, and a few days ago I saw people saying that spiro can prevent breast development, is it possible to get Cypro in the US legitimately or is the only way to get it here by self-medding? I also remember hearing of some other T-blocker a few years ago that was ridiculously expensive, is there a generic version of it available yet?
>>
How do I make myself take the plunge and buy hormones?

I don't want to be like this but I think it's the only way I can move on with life.
>>
>>7127766
What's scaring you about it? just remember that you aren't obliged to transition or come out or anything just because you want to try and see how HRT makes you feel
>>
>>7127791
>What's scaring you about it?

I'm ashamed of wanting to be a girl.
>>
>>7127799
Well thats whats great about selfmedding, that nobody else has to know until you are sure about it yourself
>>
Is drinking coffee or other diuretics bad when taking spiro and estrogen? Hydration isn't the problem 'cause I drink about 4 liters of water a day, but I was wondering if I ended up peeing away some of the effectiveness of the drugs.
>>
So I've decided it's pointless to even think about "transitioning" or even hrt so I'm just gonna repress everything/tell myself I'm making it up and live as a man. How long till I kill myself
>>
>>7128027
10 years
>>
>>7128027
5 years
>>
>>7128027
You don't have to socially transition. See a therapist and take hrt for a few months, most likely you'll feel better and have a clearer mindset.
Suicide should be your last option, for when you've tried everything but nothing has worked. So far it sounds like you've tried nothing and decided nothing has worked.

>How long till I kill myself
Does it matter? If you're so sure you're going to kill yourself, why does the 'when' matter? If you're not going to at least try hrt, the one thing that might make you feel happier, you might as well save yourself the potential suffering.
>>
File: Princess.jpg (171KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Princess.jpg
171KB, 708x1000px
>>7127228
I got cypro by self meddling. It's really expensive though. As for the workouts I have no idea, I just do leg workouts to get slim toned legs.
>>
>>7128089
I'm just worried that if I do start hrt, and I decide that I'm ok with stopping later, the resultant changes will just make my dysphoria worse. I already have gynecomastia and have to bind to look normal, and they'll just get bigger. Plus im 23 and full on masc, so it's not like taking some hormones is gonna fix my huge 6'1 bulky body or Bruce Wayne chin. I just feel like it's not even worth taking them and I should try to just accept my body, even if it means repressing my desire to be seen as female.
>>
>>7128218
Not sure about this since you have gynecomastia; but it takes a couple of months for breast growth to start on hrt, the mental effects will kick in far before then.

Also, have you spoken to a gender therapist? They could help you figure out what to do (far better than anyone on 4chan could).
>>
How unhealthy is it to repress being genderqueer? I don't feel suicidal or anything like that but it's really bumming my mood. I can't imagine doing this for the rest of my life but I am also too scared to be out. Everyone will just think I'm weird or crazy if I ask them to call me "they/them".
>>
>>7128947

It's unhealthy to repress any part of your identity. Far more unhealthy than repressing your desire for something mundane like coffee.
>>
>>7128947
>genderqueer
ask this question on tumblr instead
>>
>>7116158

Look up being genderqueer. Afaik, there's no real solution. You'll always feel some level of dysphoria. You just have to transition in a way that makes you as comfortable as you can be.

>>7128993

Tumblr is too hugboxy and if anything they make me dysphoric. Seeing all those happy nonbinary people just makes you feel more miserable.
>>
>>7108879
IDK if I'm actually trans.
I mean, I get extremely aroused when thinking of being a girl, and admittedly I have played with girl toys as a kid, but I have fear of losing my current self. It's like when you go to a shop and have money to buy only one of the two things you want and you just can't pick.

Also, I'm still kinda young and don't know what I'll be doing in life, so this choice to be trans might aeffect my job choice :/
>>
>>7129124
Playing with girl toys is irrelevant. Do you want to be female for any reason other than that it arouses you?

Also, you don't choose to be trans (just like you don't choose to be bulimic or depressed). Being trans is the condition; you choose to transition.
>>
>>7129124
>extremely aroused when thinking of being a girl
Sexually? If so you may be more AGP and less trans.
>>
>>7129158
Yeah, but I also kinda think I'd "do a better job" at being a girl than being a guy.

>>7129155
As mentioned in the above response. And I'm aware you don't choose it, but rather choose to embrace or deny it. And to be honest, I feel like this thought that I might be trans has lingered in my mind for too long to be denied 100%
>>
>>7129124
"I played with girl toys and liked dressing female as a kid" is the biggest misrepresentation of trans people in the media. As >>7129155 said, it's irrelevant.

Do you experience any discomfort with your body?
>>
>>7129183
I do feel uncomfortable with having a penis and a beard, so I'd say yes.
>>
>>7122854
iktf senpai, only difference was that accepted my male attraction early on, but the whole 'gay' label just didn't feel right but stayed repressed behind it. Talk to a therapist with experience in gender issues if possible and continue to reflect on how you feel. Read, do research but don't repress, you already know how much that hurts and repressing this will only hurt more.
>>
>>7129206
>I'm not sure if I'm trans.
>Oh but I wish I didn't have a penis.
I'll let you do the math here.
>>
>>7129178
>Yeah, but I also kinda think I'd "do a better job" at being a girl than being a guy.
Can you clarify this? Many people say this kind of thing but still don't actually want to be female, or if they do it's because they believe it has some sort of extrinsic advantage rather than because it would make them feel better on its own (as it would for a trans person).

How long have these thoughts been going on for? To what extent do they bother you or impair your ability to function normally?

How do you feel about your body? How do you feel about being perceived by others as male, and as female? Those are the two things that are going to change with transition, and the two things that are most relevant.

The DSM V diagnostic criteria for gender dysphoria are here: http://www.news-medical.net/health/Diagnosis-of-Gender-Dysphoria.aspx
>>
>>7126460
>>7127084
well thank fuck
how tall are y'all, you got wide shoulders? I think I'd be fucked if I weren't a tomboy
>>
>>7129228

Been questioning for 3+ years now (almost 4)

I don't want any advantages of being a girl (I mean, I want them, but they're not the reason I want to be one), It's more the fact that I feel like with my personality and all, I'd make a better girl than I do a guy. (Also, there's the sexual aspect, the forementioned AGP, which is a big part of the equation, as I am not fond of my penis, and by that I don't mean it's too short)

I am aware that if I were to transition, I'd be treated like a girl, but I think that this would further encourage me to embrace the transition, and to try harder to be who I want to be, if that makes any sense.

>>7129226
If not for everything mentioned above, I could've just gotten the D removed and identified as agender. :/
>>
>>7129278
Agender is a cop out meme, not a real gender.
>>
>>7129288
Well, if that's the case, it's a meme that went too far and was unfunny anyway
>>
So I was wondering if anyone could help me or is atleast in the same shoes as I am. So I'm a woman but i....feel like I'm suppose to have a dick? I don't know how to really explain it. Cause I know I'm ok with wearing girls clothes and using the woman's restroom and being fucking bi doesn't help. It's been like this since I hit puberty although my family always talks about how I suddenly stop wearing girls clothes when I was younger. I like having vaginal sex but I imagine having a dick when I masterbate. I don't want the facial hair and I'm mostly ok with the rest of my body and yet I cant stand the person looking back at me in the mirror. The only thing I ever get annoyed about in public is when people call me by my full name cause I hate how feminine it is. To this day I love the fact that my dad picked my name because it has a boy nickname. But now I'm rambling. Is there anyone out there that feels this way too?
>>
>>7127228
>is it possible to get Cypro in the US legitimately
100% serious, vote for Trump. It's currently banned by the FDA but it's on the list of drugs he would make unrestricted.
>>
>>7130959
top kek
nice /pol/ posting my friend :^)
>>
File: Ha.png (325KB, 633x412px) Image search: [Google]
Ha.png
325KB, 633x412px
>>7129004
I'm crazy enough to believe in switching between two genders but I'm not crazy enough to take the step beyond that into "muh made up genders" land.
>>
>>7130959
Source? I'm legitimately curious why he would care about it.
>>
>>7131357
Not them but daddy hates the FDA in general. I don't think he cares about titty skittles at all.
>>
File: HerpDerp.jpg (33KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
HerpDerp.jpg
33KB, 500x333px
>Be biologically male
>Never felt like my body was unnatural or didn't suit me but feminine body language always came easily
>Masculine body language doesn't feel natural at all
>Refuse to act feminine because I find feminine behavior in men to be so off-putting as to actually be gross in some cases
>Find many homosexual men to be gross for that reason
>Yep, that's shallow and I have tried ridding myself of that reaction to no avail
>Always felt like life would be easier if I'd been born in a woman's body and for reasons that are probably equally shallow
>Want to be cutesy and sweet and bubbly in public without looking down on myself for it or being judged by others
>Feel more competent in a relationship when being nurturing than when I'm being protective
>Have mild APG, still get off just fine on normal fantasies and sex though
>Recently had a longtime friend come out as trans and she looks surprisingly good in makeup with no HRT or anything
>Got me questioning myself a bit

Does it sound like I'm transsexual woman to you? I'm betting you get shit like this all the time and I'm sorry I haven't lurked before asking this.
>>
>>7129565
femftm with aap? requisite talk to a gendertherapiste good luck and stay away from tumblr senpai
>>
File: 1477758614767.png (215KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
1477758614767.png
215KB, 500x689px
>>7131489
>>Never felt like my body was unnatural or didn't suit me but feminine body language always came easily
>Masculine body language doesn't feel natural at all
>Refuse to act feminine because I find feminine behavior in men to be so off-putting as to actually be gross in some cases
You remind me of me except I am a femboy on hormones.

Can't really say being "nurturing" or wearing girl clothes arouse me though. I also am happy I was born a male because I love my penis.
>>
>>7130959
>>7131473

But where is said list?
>>
>>7133682
How do you become a femboy? I read that nuking T without replacing it with something makes your bones really weak.
>>
>>7133825
You can't really become a femboy if puberty turned you into a hulking caveman so it's mostly just luck + estrogen (or SERM) that keeps your fem looks intact from adverse effects of male aging.
>>
File: Roses.jpg (841KB, 800x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Roses.jpg
841KB, 800x1084px
>>7133848
Well my asian genes and me lucked out then. I just can't figure out what I need to do besides having good genes.
>>
>>7133990
Idk, maybe getting on hormones?

If fertility is a big thing for you then you shouldn't of course. It's kinda a big decision and it really depends on whether you would sacrifice your future babbies for cuteness or have your looks slowly Hulkified but be able to have children. I am a fag so it was an easy decision for me tbqh.
>>
>>7134033
You can freeze sperm.
>>
>>7134127
Tell it to him, not me.
>>
>>7134033
cute > babby
anyday

I didn't think you could go on estrogen without getting boobs though.
>>
>>7131489
see a therapist
>>
I still have all of this dark blue shadow on my upper-lip area after 4 Diode laser sessions. The skin is smooth and soft but it still looks absolutely disgusting.

Is it just that there is more underneath? Does this ever go away?
>>
serious question
is mtf vag fuckable?
if yes, how good is it compared to a real one

total bottom slut here with a useless dick which, if possible, i want to change into a fanny
>>
>>7137597
>is mtf vag fuckable?
very
>if yes, how good is it compared to a real one
depends
if it's only a few months postop it can be kind of shit
with a good surgeon and muscle exercises it can be as good as or better than cis
a lot of this board believes mtf bottom surgery techniques somehow aren't 'good enough' but a good surgeon's results will be close enough to cis that only a gynecologist or a cisbian could tell
there's a 'wall of vulva' art thing that's mostly cis but there's a few postop trannies in there and they can't be told apart from the cis ones unless you know which they are
>>
>>7137654

>with a good surgeon and muscle exercises it can be as good as or better than cis
>or better than cis

As a tranny, [citation needed].
>>
File: vodka.png (179KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
vodka.png
179KB, 500x501px
>>7137654
>cisbian could tell there's a 'wall of vulva' art thing
shit
>>
Does anyone know where I could find pictures of healed up neovaginas? I'm def going to get SRS, but I want my expectations to be realistic. I can't seem to find very much online.
>>
>>7137654
>a cisbian could tell

So... It's not good enough then?
>>
>>7139363
if you're planning on entering a stealth relationship with a cisbian i don't think you're going to pull it off long before you get to the cunt because they're so obsessed with what 'female bodies' look like
if you plan on entering a relationship with a cisbian without being stealth to her then it doesn't matter because you're still close enough she won't care
also depends on the cisbian, keep in mind most aren't that sexually active so she'll have a smaller base to compare
>>7138257
>be post-op tranny
>build up muscles in neovaginal wall
>have tight vagina that feels better for a cis guy to be in than a loose cis vagina that isn't being maintained well
>>
>>7140535
>>be post-op tranny
>>build up muscles in neovaginal wall
>>have tight vagina that feels better for a cis guy to be in than a loose cis vagina that isn't being maintained well

But who doesn't fuck only bad bitches? smfh you aren't assuming she does her kegels too.
>>
>>7140700
How do you build up the muscles exactly? Kegels? I thought that was just a meme.
>>
>>7140866
meant to tag
>>7140535
>>
Is there a way to get hrt without having to fuck around with a gender therapist?
I know there are informed consent clinics in the US, but what about europe?

Does anyone know of something?
>>
>>7141105
europe is either self medding or going through the hoops of a gender clinic for a year. informed consent does not exist here.
>>
>>7142072
>going through the hoops of a gender clinic for a year
time to kms i guess
>>
>>7142270
Self-medding isn't hard.
>>
>>7142275
I doubt that I can afford it
>>
>>7142278
It's not that expensive.
>>
>>7142278

It's a bit more than 38 EUR a month, but you have to buy months at a time.
>>
>>7142275
Neither is going to the clinic as a benefit you get free hair laser sessions and better guidance on cosmetic surgery.
>>
>>7142401
On the other hand, getting wrecked by testosterone for potentially years while you're getting evaluated whether you deserve treatment IS hard.
>>
>>7142412
>for potentially years
maximum of one year in Finland(which is known as one of the more stricter ones) unless you're literally on the verge of suicide or otherwise unhealthy(fat, alcoholic etc.) and the common time is 6 months although if you don't have any other mental health problems nor common health problems it can be fast as 3 months if you can visit them often.
>>
Is it possible to get a test area of laser hair removal done to see how well the results work on my skin/hair/etc? How many treatments would I have to receive to get an accurate picture?
>>
Do you have any information about the standard dosage of Progesterone, and - if all else fails - MPA? Should I need to up my E dose to compensate P's anti-estrogen action? (When I was on CPA, then I had to take 6 mg.) If I do up my E dose, then should I up it all month (Combined with P's effects, I have a double window function), or up it only when I'm inb the second half of my cycle?

What side effects should I be aware of?

I do not expect any boob growth or rounding however I'd try it to stabilize my mood, and to get more control over my weight.
>>
>>7143509
There are a lot of medical articles regarding progesterone, dosages, and its use in trans women. This one in particular might be useful: http://transhealth.ucsf.edu/pdf/Transgender-PGACG-6-17-16.pdf
>>
Can I put my estrogen patches on my arm? My pharmacist said it would be okay, but I can't find anything online that says so.
>>
>>7108879
What does it even mean that some of my bones only masculinized recently on HRT? For example, just within the past few months, my fingers have gotten shorter and my palms have gotten bigger, but what does this mean for the fusing of my bones? That they weren't/haven't fused all the way? I'm confused.
>>
>>7143609
>http://transhealth.ucsf.edu/pdf/Transgender-PGACG-6-17-16.pdf
This is pure gold. Thank you! Could the next OP please add this to the sticky?
>>
>>7108879
Past few days I've really been fantasizing and feeling more and more trans. (MtF)

I'm nearly 26, have I missed my "mark" if I were to transition would I likely be a hideous unpassable mess? How do I know if I really want to transition...?

Sorry if this is rambling but I don't have all my thoughts and feelings together and just feel like a nervous wreck.
>>
>>7143732
> How do I know if I really want to transition?
Can you imagine living your life as a man? Have your decisions come down to HRT or suicide?

Worst case: take the acid test. Order moans online and take them. You will then have 3 months until the changes are irreversible. In the first 3 months you WILL have to make a go/no go decision. Once you made that, stick with it.

> Believing in the age meme
Transition is all about genetics. If you have good genetics, you will pass even if you started at 40. If you have bad genetics, you won't pass, even if you start at 16. Look at yourself in the mirror, and try to forget your dysphoria for a moment. Imagine yourself with breasts. Try on a corset/waist chincher to simulate fat redistribution.

Also, E is not a magic weapon. Exercise, diet, makeup, clothing, and hair style helps a lot. E is just a part of the equation.

> I feel like a nervous wreck.
*hugs you*. Welcome to the club ;)
>>
>>7143660
Your bones won't fuse until a certain age regardless of whether you're oestrogen or testosterone dominant. Girls grow too you know.

If it's outright masculinisation then you might want to make sure your testosterone levels aren't too high.
>>
File: mei.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mei.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>7143827
I've lived as a man sometime now, but I've had several very lucid dreams that I was a woman, and theyve managed to linger in subconscious. I have considered suicide a lot, not just because I am a man. Last year I was diagnosed with bipolar II so I don't know if these trans feelings are just mania or depression but I'm on the verge of snapping.

Should I consult a doctor. Hell should I even mention this to my parents? I don't want to ruin the holiday season with my bullshit.
>>
>>7143866
Still have about a week until my appointment with my endo, but I honestly don't know if I can last till then
>>
>>7143901
i think your best bet would be try to find a therapist who can help you come to those important conclusions
>>
>>7143901
See a therapist and have all your other mental disorders managed first. DO tell them you have trans feelings, but DO tell them you are unsure about startin transition, and not ready to live as a woman. If your trans feelings persist over a long amount of time (ideally since puberty or before, non-ideally, for a year or more), then consider transition.

DO NOT MENTION THIS TO ANYONE BUT YOUR THERAPIST UNTIL YOU'RE 120% SURE!

It's imperative, since your parents will certainly disown you!
>>
>>7144151
My first fully realisation of being trans occurred two years ago, but I put it to the back of my mind for fear of being ostracised.
But years before that I would look towards female characters/people with a sense of envy...
>>
File: tumblr_o8ky17MKBG1u6g2h9o1_500.png (425KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8ky17MKBG1u6g2h9o1_500.png
425KB, 500x497px
after a year of self med my endo gave me a prescription for estradot 100mcg, 2 patches twice a week. it seems like a small dose of estrogen per day or am i wrong?
>>
>>7144184
The dosage for patches is different from pills.

I started with 50 and then moved to 100 (on patches).
>>
>>7144180
Approach this from the negative direction.
> What cause the feelings of envy for females?
> Is there any specific female characteristic you want?
> Why are females superior to males?
> What aspect of your masculinity you despise the most?
> What aspect of your masculinity you like the most?
> If you could take back one thing from T, which would be it?
> If anyone could guarantee that you will 100% pass, but have to leave everything you have (your town, your home, your family, your friends, your savings, your job/school) in exchange, would you do it?
> If you could pass, but become an ugly woman, would you do it?

Also:
> When did you learn that people can actually be transgender?
> Do you have a maniac or depressive episode right now?
>>
>>7144218
i know obviously, but from what i know 100mcg estradot is equivalent to like 2 mg estradiol valerate
>>
>>7144218
> patches
Honestly, do they work at all? As everywhere I read that they are a hon meme.
>>
>>7144229
So Jazz Alliterative Name, the girl I can barely stand to look at whenever I see her IRL because of how jealous I am, isn't even a real tranny? WTF?
>>
>>7144260
Wrong thread.
>>
>>7144229
i know but here in sweden the endos only offer gel or patches + lupron or cypro for trangenders
>>
>>7144229
what does that that even mean?
>>
>>7144309
According to my sources:

Transdermal oestrogens are used if oral oestrogens are not tolerated, or are unavailable due to smoking, being old, or having a risk of thromboembolic disorder.

They generally offer a slower transition due to they will make a lower E level, but hold that continously as opposed to pills which will make a triangle-like wave (2 Gaussian Curves with peak @4 hours, and low @12 hrs.)

I was only asking if patches work at all, and can maintain a stable, cis female oestrogen level.

>>7144266
Congratulations!
>>
I have the chance to talk to a psychiatrist about my gender, since it comes in waves and for the most part I'm "ok" with being male and presenting as such. I even lift to give myself something to do and to try and reenforce this.
Should I go and talk to them? I'm in the UK and my GP was no help.
>>
>>7144497
Definitely, look for a gender specialist specifically.
A therapist that doesn't specialize in gender issues won't be much help at all.

From my experience, and from what I've heard; GPs are useless when it comes to gender issues.
>>
>>7144535
>>7144497
To offer a different perspective: my regular doctor was very helpful when I came to her first about my gender issues, and my therapist doesn't specialize in gender therapy but has been as helpful as I could ask for.
>>
>>7144220
First off thank you for actually seeming like you give a shit, thats rare to find on this site.

Uhm really Im envious of what women can wear in relation to their physique. Along with the lack of copious bodyhair. Breasts and legs. Ive got a weird torso where im sure if on hrt my boy fat may go up to my boobs (i dont have mamboobs tho) and my legs are slender and elegant and Id love to see myself in a short skirt. I dislike the expectatiom that come with masculinity. Like for instance i grew up with an alcoholic family and when i was invited to a party and someone asked why i wasnt drinking their response "dont be such a fag. Be a man have a beer". Also i think im absolutely fed up with these attacsk on white males as if we're demolishing land and murdering. To answer your passing question: yes...unless of course that would make me homeless. Thats my fear.

I learnt a tad bit of transgender in my health class in college but the teacher didnt go into detail. Im not suicidial nor have i gone on any shopping sprees so Im not manic depressive right now
>>
hey so i ran outta spiro, if i just take estrogen will i die or nah? i've heard it'll just raise my testo through the roof but i don't even know man
pls and thanks have fun stay hydrated everyone
>>
>>7142072
Not sure if this is just Germany, but here you don't have to go through a gender clinic (not sure if those exist here, probably don't). Buuut you still kinda have to get a letter from a therapist (although any licensed psychotherapist will do, as long as the letter lists your name, an F64.0 diagnosis and a recommendation for HRT you're good).
>>
>>7142482

>maximum of one year in Finland

Yet there's a Finnish FtM on this board that has been trying for something like 8 years.
>>
>>7144228
Just see what it does to your hormone levels and then judge whether it is too low.
>>
>>7144982

Depressed, drug abuse, fat, underage or alcoholic? It takes a maximum of one year to get your first evaluation if you're suitable for HRT and if they don't have a reason not to prescribe it to you then they probably will prescribe it.
>>
>>7144228

Isn't that why you're wearing two patches at a time?
>>
So the other day i finally told my parents i think i might be trans (18, still living at home), and they didn't flip out or anything, but my father said that he thinks i'm just experiencing severe depression that's making me confused about my gender and giving me dysphoria. Is this possible? Or is he just grasping for answers?
>>
>>7147887
> Or is he just grasping for answers?
This so much. It's common for parents to be in denial like that.
>>
is groupon a shady place to buy laser treatments?
>>
>>7147887
your dad's in denial, if you let yourself believe him you probably will be too.

Honestly the first thing out my dad's mouth when i told him was 'are you sure you aren't just gay' and at the time I really wanted him to be right, he just wasn't
>>
>>7144350
im on patches, and my levels are just fine
that they don't work is an lgbt meme if anything
>>
>>7147998
Yea, i told him i still liked girls (biscum, but he doesn't know that) and he says that clearly that means i'm not trans.
>>
>>7144796
It won't raise your T. Just continue taking your estrogen and try to get back on some kind of anit-androgen as soon as possible.
>>
>>7147887
Confusion about one's problems in life is a common story in people who have detransitioned, but if you hate your penis, facial hair, deep voice, etc. you're definitely trans.

>>7148365
Gender identity and sexual orientation are two completely separate things.
>>
first therapy appointment today after coming out, what can i expect?
>>
>>7148781
Prepare some questions to ask.
>>
File: Waa.png (284KB, 570x540px) Image search: [Google]
Waa.png
284KB, 570x540px
Just got bloodwork done. Can't believe I actually did it though cause I'm the biggest pussy on Earth near needles. Haven't started medication yet but forgot to ask him to test estrogen levels, only T levels. Am I screwed or is it okay since I haven't started hormones?
>>
>>7149092
Should be okay, unless whoever is prescribing your hormones specificly asks for your E levels.

They'll usually put you on a starting dose, then move move you onto an adjusted dose after 3 months.
>>
>>7149092
It doesn't matter what your estrogen levels are until after you start hormones.
>>
>>7144497
Same poster here, is it dysphoria if I've never masturbated and feel disgusted with the idea of that? I have trouble getting round to cleaning my dick due to this too, I even sit down to pee whenever I can. (That started a few months ago out of choice)
>>
>>7149786
Sounds like it could be.

If you were given the choice to wake up tomorrow with a vagina instead of a penis, would you want to?

Do you feel disgusted about your dick or about masturbating?
>>
>>7149792
I'm very on the fence about that first question, but only because its a sudden change and I wouldn't have had much time to think about it.
I'm disgusted with masturbating mainly, my dick I don't like because its just there for me to urinate is all really.
>>
>>7148781
lots of standard questions about your dysphoria
>>
How hard is it to self medicate? Where do you get the hormones, how much do you take and what effects should I expect from self medicating?
Since I don't feel like going to a therapist and special doctors for years I am thinking about self medicating, but I am a bit scared.
>>
>>7153374
Also wondering if it will make me more passable? I have quite a rounded face but other male features like broader shoulders, a bit of a square build and I'm 27.
By the way, I live in the EU if that makes my questions easier to answer.
>>
>>7153421
>I'm 27.
hormones won't do much for you
>>
>>7153740
There will be mental effects, fat redistribution, breast growth, skin softening and potential body hair reduction.
No bone changes will happen.

Correct me if I'm missing anything else.

>>7153421
It depends on a lot on your genetics, some start at 30 and pass, some start at 16 and don't.
It won't fix your shoulders, but you can dress for wider shoulders.
>>
>>7149809
To add to this, I'm nervous to bring up the idea of talking to someone about my gender to a professional with my parents, despite them knowing I'm trans, or at least have these lingering feelings..
>>
Repost because I somehow killed the other thread

I want to get rid of my masculine moodswings, which only make me unhappy and set me up for failure.

How quickly do hormones feminize your mood? I just want to calm down.
>>
>>7153765
YMMV
>>
>>7153765
Literally right after my first full dose of HRT I felt incredibly calm and in control of my emotions like I hadn't for a long long time. Some people say they get mood swings, but I feel much more emotionally stable on hormones. It might be because I started just two weeks ago and havent had any mental effects from estrogen yet, though
>>
I feel like I fell/ am falling in love with someone I've only met online. We've been talking for like a week straight, we've video chatted and exchanged lewd pics. We're both young trans girls close to the same age and early in transition. The biggest problems are that her parents are unsupportive and that she lives overseas.
Is it like, ok that I can grow attached to someone so quickly? I've been flirting uncontrollably since we met.
Should I tell her how I feel and see what she thinks?
>>
>>7153748
you get lessened effect the older you get
>>
Is being trans 100% "built" into mindset and such or could certain events during childhood influence my way of thinking?
Also, is the fact I suffer from psychosis/my medication have any effect on my way of thinking?
>>
How exactly does ffs work? I think it would help but im unsure specifically what parts. Is there some kind of guide, would the dr tell you? Any help is appreciated
>>
how has your libido changed with hrt?

i'm pre-hrt, if i don't jerk off regularly i get this intense almost insatiable urge to get fucked and i go on craigslist and hook up with strangers. i used to do it more often but i've been scaling back the more i'm pursuing hrt. i always use protection but still, it's risky behavior.

the more passable i get i feel i'd attract a "safer" pool of guys who are less prone to have hiv etc. i also don't want to be a slave to my libido anymore.
>>
>>7155081

The surgeon will have a consultation with you prior to surgery, and if you do have a consultation with a doctor, you're not required to get surgery with them. So for example, if you had a consultation with Dr. Spiegel, Dr. Braly-Dechamps, and Dr. Zukowski and they tell you different things about what they would do in your case, you're free to get surgery with any one of them or none of them. The consultation is for the doctor to examine your case to see what needs to be worked on.
>>
>>7155161
It varies from person to person;, for some it doesn't change at all and for others it stops completely.

I used to jerk off 2-3 times a week, now it's closer to 2-3 times a month.
>>
>>7155161
Went from fapping at least once day to once a week to not let it atrophy almost immediately after starting HRT.
>>
>>7155177
That helped alot thanks!
>>
>>7154892
if you're trans, you're it from birth. whatever you experience after does very little in the way of thinking.
>>
So pretty much every therapist in my area treats LGB problems but none of them seem to want to open the can of worms that is T. The only one around here is a really bad one sponsored by the university that doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. How fucked am I?
>>
>>7155605
from what it sounds like, super fucked
>>
Has anyone else experienced a regression of progress when they go without meds for a couple weeks?
>>
>>7155161

I'm not sure if I'm actually hornier or if my libido is the same. The reason I say so is I refrained from masturbating prior to starting HRT as much as I had the willpower to, so I don't know what my libido is like on testosterone. The only thing I can say is my libido is not low.

>>7155224

You're welcome.

>>7155605

Do you really need the therapy, or the diagnosis? If it's just the diagnosis, surely you could convince someone to just give you that.

>>7155911

I had to stop taking estradiol for a while because I was running out, but upon getting back on it, I noticed my skin softened again. So my skin had become a bit rougher off estrogen without me noticing. I was still on cypro the whole time though.
>>
[FTM]
I recently had bloodwork done to start T, and my T levels came out to around 85ng/dL. The clinic said normal for their tests was up to 45 ng/dL, so mine was really high. My Dr recommended me to a specialist and to get an ultrasound for PCOS before starting T.

So I have a few questions:

What would be a good level of T to have in your system that will ensure menstruation probably stops after 2-6 mo? Like a lower limit. I want to start off on a smaller amount and gradually go up.

If I have PCOS, what would be a normal course of action? Do I start T anyway? Would I want to get an oophorectomy soon after?
>>
>>7155605

Do skype therapy, such as with Two Spirit Health Clinic. It's probably gonna be more expensive but they write letters pretty quick at that place, like 1-3 sessions.
>>
>>7155911
yep, although its a lot less when you're longer on hormones. nuked your balls and all that.
>>
>>7156028
1. you can't control that, menses can cease immediately on an extremely low dose or continue for years on a full one -- i wouldn't start below 50mg/week if i were you, and 2-6 months is the average range so it'll probably end somewhere around there anyway, but there's no real controlling or predicting this
2. start t anyway, and i'm not sure your test alone can imply pcos -- if you had, say, terrible periods and obvious signs of masculinization pre-t, then it'd be worth suspecting, but slightly high t alone doesn't imply pcos. you should get a hysterectomy early on t (absolute latest is 5 years) no matter what, because a) pre-hysto it's difficult to fully suppress estrogen and b) the impact of t on the ftm reproductive system is unknown but appears to be pretty bad
>>
So I was taking spiro (100mg) but it was making me too fatigued to work safely, so I switched to cypro (25mg) and now I'm a sad sack of shit (again). I'm taking a vitamin that contains a b12 supplement to counteract the depressive effects... but it ain't doing shit. Anyone got any tips? I haven't started e yet if that weighs into the equation.
>>
>>7157713
Okay, thanks for the info!

High T and hirsutism caused her to suspect PCOS, plus my aunt has it, so it might be in the family. She recommended I get a pelvic ultrasound and another blood test to see if I actually have it.
>>
>>7156035
Wait Skype therapy is a thing and legit I can get a letter of recommendation and get my mones prescribed?
>>
>>7158830
Yea, I did skype therapy with that clinic I recommended and the therapist agreed to write my letter after one session. It cost a $100 deductible for that first session, $18/session for any follow-up sessions (which I would like to do, to discuss transitioning a little more), and $75 for the letter. I'm not on T yet though because I'm still getting some tests done (I'm the anon who said my doctor wants me screened for PCOS)

Your other option is to look to see if there are any informed consent clinics in your area, in which case, you don't even need a letter.
>>
>>7159100
Worth mentioning that $18/session was because my insurance covered most of it.
>>
How much does facial feminization surgery cost
>>
>>7159514
Depends on the surgeon. Dr. Spiegel is around 40k, I wouldn't recommend him though. I think Van de Ven is around 30k. I think many of the South American surgeons like Rossi and DeMaggio are 20-something k. Deschamps-Braly is around 55k. I think Zukowski is 30-something k. Not sure about facial team.

Remember that the price will vary heavily depending on how much you need done. The above numbers are more for full FFS.
>>
>>7159940
what if I just want a nose job?

Is there any surgery that fixes sunken eyes / eye bags
>>
>>7159940
Jesus Christ that's like highway robbery those prices I have no idea how anyone affords ffs. Fuck is plastic surgery for cis people this outrageous?
>>
>>7159945
If you just want a nose job then you don't even need to go to an FFS surgeon. You can go to any nose-job surgeon that cis people go to for that. I don't know how much that costs, but considering how common of a surgery it is I'm sure a Google search will reveal a treasure trove of information.
>>
>>7159940

Why don't you recommend Spiegel? He seems like he's full of shit, but his results didn't seem bad.

I might have heard Facial team is $20k. Thanks for the info though.

>>7159945

I think a nose job is only $3-6k. I didn't look it up though, that's from memory.

>>7159980

I guessed Braly-Dechamps cost $60k based on something vague someone said about his prices, so I'm actually pleased to hear it's $55k. Not by much, but still.

If you're after someone cheap look up Dr. Cardenas. Although I'm not sure about getting surgery done in Mexico.
>>
>>7159980
Cis people don't often get their entire face reconstructed. The prices I listed are prices that I've seen repeatedly from people who have gone to those surgeons, they're more of a ballpark than anything. And most importantly, they are the highest expected price if you pursue full FFS. This means jaw work, chin work, forehead, nose, fat grafting, possible trach shave.

I think the reason some here can afford it is luck with parents.
>>
>>7108879
Here is my advice: commit suicide
>>
>>7160095
I don't recommend Spiegel for two reasons. One, I've heard too many horror stories. There's been multiple posts on Reddit with people recounting their terrible experiences. Two, I've seen too many results where he just didn't do enough. To spend that amount of money and not get changed sufficiently would be awful. Also, I've heard a lot of rumors that sometimes he doesn't even work on you; he has an assistant do the surgery, and the results show. Could be bullshit, I don't know.
>>
>>7160095
Oh no, that's just ballpark. I'm not sure what his exact prices are. I know he tailors it to what the patient is getting done.
>>
>>7160108
Thanks, will do.
>>
>>7160097
Hmm that's true and don't think I want full ffs or need it. I'm thinking 15 or 10k should be enough for what I want is to be andreja like tier.

Oh this is me
>>7159799
I think the work I need done is jaw work, nose, mabye forehead and trachea shave.
>>
File: 1470325200140.jpg (250KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470325200140.jpg
250KB, 1280x960px
Former fatty here, still 20 pounds away from my target weight. Does starting HRT make it harder to lose weight?

Also, does anyone know what to do about stretch marks or loose skin? I've scoured the internet for answers and as far as I can tell I'm basically stuck with it, or atleast until a few laser techniques advance farther than they already have which may take years to decades.
>>
Consider my self straight, but have lately been questioning my sexuality due to 4 sexual experiences that I've had lately. No offense to any one, but I felt gross and disgusted with my self afterwards. It plagues my mind.

Here is what happened. Each of the 4 times involved drugs, been messing around with this drug for about a year now(it's snow). This drug gets me hot to the point where I'll end up at strip joint throwing my money away at the lewd females there. Well these last few times I ended up hooking up with 1 Trans and 3 diff CDS(all at diff times of course). im not happy about this and all i can think about is whether I'm in denial. I use the word faggot more now and notice that I'm calling everything gay now as if I'm trying to cover it so that others don't suspect me of doing gay sex acts.

I'm losing my mind here and don't want to be like this. I wish I never did this. Can some anon plz give some advice. Am I in the closet? Am I gay? Am I bi? Or am I just a pervert who did something he normally wouldn't offi of drugs?

I think trans can be hawt, but they are like fetish to me.
>>
>>7160332
>This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
>>
>>7160223
>harder to lose weight
it lowers your metabolism so you have to compensate elsewhere e.g. eating less
>>
>>7160332
Dude, you were just under the influence, just forget about it and stop doing drugs ffs.
>>
>>7160332
you're in the wrong thread idiot
kys
>>
>>7160332
The only reason you're bothered is because of the possibility of other people being bothered.

Obviously you found them attractive and you liked doing what you did, if there was no social pressure at all you wouldn't be having any sort of internal crisis, you'd be going after them again.

Stop letting other people dictate what you enjoy, stop mentally torturing yourself just for the sake of others because you're the one who lives your life, not other people.

Also wrong thread dummy
>>
Weird question: i've only ever been attracted to girls, but since coming out as trans last week, ive found guys a lot more attractive. I've heard that HRT can mess with your sexual orientation a little bit (don't know if myth or not), but i'm not even on that yet. Is that normal? Was i just suppressing bisexuality in order to appear more male?
>>
>>7160533
Maybe. FTM here, personally I've identified as bisexual for a while but always felt a little confused by my sexual attraction to women, 'cause I'd be thinking "damn she's hot I wanna fuck her" but then if I actually pictured myself fucking her, it'd feel really off. It was only once I realized I'm trans and picture myself as male having sex with a woman that it feels right. (but then for some reason I felt ok thinking about having sex with men as male or female.. it's weird)
>>
>>7153758
Should I talk about it? Is it trans to look at Yuna from ffx-2 and feel extremely envious of her features and hair?
>>
so where do the trannies here with US 11.5 and up buy their shoes?
i need some new boots for winter season
>>
>>7162151
I've told Nordsrom Rack; though I haven't been yet. Going to check them out this weekend.
>>
>>7123336
Literally divide by percentages all the time in back calculations at work... don't speak out of your ass anon.
>>
File: webcam-toy-photo142.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo142.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
So, I posted in passgen yesterday asking for help/advise on passing/hair/skin stuff but they turned out to be useless.

So yeah, can anyone here gib advice? Am pre HRT and stuff.
>>
If I feel dysphoric only say 60-65% of the time and can be "comfortable" distractig myself from dysphoria with an interest in lifting and male fashion, should I still consider seeing a psychiatrist?
>>
>>7165948
Yes. This is common. It's also one of the most common reasons for trans people to doubt themselves and put off their transition (right up there with "but I don't hate my genitals" and "I never acted stereotypically like a boy/girl as a child"). The fact that you say "distracting yourself" rather than "being okay" make it even more concerning.

Lifting doesn't matter (and girls do it too). Fashion taste doesn't matter.

Cis people don't ever have gender dysphoria.
>>
>>7165967
Ok, I'll see what I can do with talking to someone about it. I'm this anon too
>>7160738
>>
>>7165988
Wait, you already said you were trans, or questioning but already at the point where you've told your parents. Why aren't you seeing a psychiatrist already?

The thing is that a lot of these symptoms can apparently be present in non-trans individuals. However, it's only superficial: the fundamental nature of the symptoms are different for trans people because they exist for different reasons. Using an example you mentioned:

You can enviously think "oh they look good and I want to look like that" about a girl, and that could go either way, but if you're thinking more along the lines of "they get to be pretty and be a girl and I don't" then it's more likely and clearly symptomatic of being trans. It can be difficult to tell, and it's something you have to explore. I'm not explaining it very well either. Basically think of why you feel a certain way, and what the implications of that could be. Like, there are plenty of guys that crossdress, but not so many that really care about passing, and fewer of those that prefer to be perceived as female or feel bad when they're not, an so on. The further you go the more likely it is that it "says something".

Would you be content with a given feminine attribute as a man, or would you only be satisfied if you could be female or at least prefer to be female for it? When being a woman is worse or the same as being a man in a given situation, would you ever want to be female there anyway, and why? Those kinds of questions are valuable.

Being disgusted with masturbating or interacting with your genitals in general is another possible symptom.

Also take note that being in the UK means the NHS will take a looooong time to give you HRT, and may require you to socially transition (with proof) first. Don't be beholden to them; use the counselling and exploration they offer in a way that benefits you, and then if you think you've figured things out enough to know you want to transition, self-med until you get a prescription.
>>
next thread;

>>7166259
>>7166259
>>7166259
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.