[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been /lgbt/ my entire life and I can't for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 9802499.jpg (43KB, 600x353px) Image search: [Google]
9802499.jpg
43KB, 600x353px
I've been /lgbt/ my entire life and I can't for the fucking life of me understand why hyper-liberals like pic related want to force their beliefs on other people. Isn't it better just to let everyone believe and think whatever they want? Shit like this makes me embarrassed to be part of this "sub-culture"

Seriously, I'm not starting this thread to bait or upset anyone, I just really want to know what the fuck is wrong with these people.

I've never felt like being the gender I am (spoilers:vagina) has ever disadvantaged me. I think they're over fucking reacting.
>>
File: IMG_3646.png (433KB, 406x505px)
IMG_3646.png
433KB, 406x505px
>>7106396
yaaaasss! Why can't we all like, get along and stuff? Don't these people know that hate only breeds hate?! eventually you find out that the peice that solves the puzzle is peace itself :) thanks sis
>>
>>7106466
Ew.
>>
Just letting people believe what they want would mean we are still stuck in the times where being gay is illegal and gets you killed or put in prison. People that were analogous to SJWs now (albeit a lot more organized and often backed by strong worker's movements in the past) fought very hard against this so that you have the luxury of thinking the world isnt too bad for LGBT people today.
>>
File: 1474379020480.png (13KB, 599x496px) Image search: [Google]
1474379020480.png
13KB, 599x496px
>>7106522
So you're saying that they've just slid too far left?
Attacking people for being straight or white or whatever doesn't seem like it's progressive at all.
>>
>>7106396
>I've been /lgbt/ my entire life and I can't for the fucking life of me understand why hyper-liberals like pic related want to force their beliefs on other people. Isn't it better just to let everyone believe and think whatever they want? Shit like this makes me embarrassed to be part of this "sub-culture"
Because we live in a democracy and those people vote against our interests. Democracy literally forces us to care about what those people think and try to change it.
>>
>>7106527
No, im saying the people who are actually fighting against the current zeitgeist are always seen as weirdos and degenerates by their contemporaries. Not saying that all sjws are doing the correct things but you should get some perspective.
>>
>>7106555
This thread isn't about moderates. I'm talking about extremists. Didn't my OP make that clear?
>>
>>7106527
And literally no one ACTUALLY attacks someone just for being straight or white, theres usually something more thats left out. Again, not saying that i think everything all sjws do is correct, but someone who fights for your rights is never going to be seen as completely respectable in modern culture, otherwise they would just be conforming and not really trying to advance anything.
>>
>>7106567
How did you infer who i was talking about?
>>
>>7106569
>>7106574
I didn't mean physical attacks, I meant people like the hula-lady-uber thing and hugh-mungus.

Are you guys actually defending those people? I used to have a boyfriend that tried to tell me I had Stockholm syndrome whenever I brought this shit up, said the patriarchy had ruined my head or some shit.

It seems like the extremists don't actually want women to do whatever they want, they want us to think the same things they do and if we don't we're "Stockholm" or "brain washed"

If you guys are actually defending these people I might be in the wrong place. Thought 4chan was more moderate than this shit on liberal issues.
>>
>>7106584
>agree with me or I go

Scary threat.
>>
File: 1469264747900.png (181KB, 392x297px) Image search: [Google]
1469264747900.png
181KB, 392x297px
>>7106605
>Explain your stance without grouping the extremists in with the moderates

That's what I said. If you're not interested in helping me understand the thing I'm asking about, why put the effort into posting?
>>
>>7106584
"extremists" "want" women to think certain things in the same way that, if you're a slave and trying to organize a rebellion or whatever, you want the other slaves to agree with you that your white master, along with the whole concept of slavery, is your enemy. If I was this slave and some other slave thought i was being too extreme and that our master was really a nice guy, I would probably think they have stockholm syndrome, or is brain washed somehow. Of course, this doesn't mean that you can't have your own opinion, but this is kinda how it comes off. It doesn't really mean i want to control anyone.
>>
>>7106396
>I can't for the fucking life of me understand why hyper-liberals
That's because feminism is cancer op
>>
>>7106628
Not OP but I have a question,

Isn't it possible to understand the issue without having your stance? It sounds like you are of the opinion that anyone who understands the things you do should automatically agree with you.
>>
>>7106635
i mean, I feel like any particular understanding of any situation immediately carries with it an appropriate action. They are sort of tied together. If someone feels like the course of action is wrong then perhaps they have a (slightly?) different understanding of the situation.
>>
>>7106641
What I'm basically asking you is if you believe that your understanding of the situation is the only valid one. i.e. do you think the people that don't agree with you are automatically stupid or do you think it's possible to learn from them something you might not have previously understood?
>>
>>7106625
I didn't read your shitpost. Why would I?
>>
>>7106662
Because I'm asking for help in understanding something, and you're shitting up my thread by not doing that?

If you're not gonna help, leave.
>>
>>7106674
No, you was troolin
>>
>>7106655
>What I'm basically asking you is if you believe that your understanding of the situation is the only valid one.
Of course not, there are several valid stances, I just feel like the one I have is the one that serves most people's interests better. In the same manner that i think that people who are liberals (in the very broad, classical sense of the word) don't have invalid opinions, their opinions are just a reflection of the interests of people who usually aren't themselves. Not because they are stupid, it's a very strong ideology that has existed for centuries. I've definitely learned a lot and steeled myself through discussions with them.

I don't even fully agree with sjws myself, I think they are too unorganized and don't have a full understanding of the causes of the things they are fighting against, but our stances are close enough to each other that I'm not going to publicly argue against them, especially since in many countries around the world, sjws are the only thing they've got and requiring a higher organizational level and deeper ideological understanding without having to work for it to develop is a bit odd.
>>
File: 1477060752529.jpg (23KB, 318x324px) Image search: [Google]
1477060752529.jpg
23KB, 318x324px
>>7106683
>>7106641
>>7106635
>>7106628
>>7106574
>>7106569
>>7106655

Thank you two for helping me understand. I still think the extremists are awful people, but I now understand a little better why they are the way they are.
>>
>>7106692
Because they don't owe an explanation to a lying trool like yourself?
>>
File: idnasjwx.jpg (166KB, 430x538px) Image search: [Google]
idnasjwx.jpg
166KB, 430x538px
>>7106396
First of there is such a thing as far left, regressive left and left extremist.
We liberals actually stand up against our extremist, unlike the right who embrace theirs. We, as liberals, do a good job of putting our regressive left crazies on blast. Unfortunately, SJW extremist are so rare, that they make good "news" and create excellent ratings.

I am bisexual cis male, living in the "loony" left coast of California, Berkeley/Bay Area, and have only meet two SJW. One of them is my straight sister-in-law living in Madison, WI. The other was some man hate bull dyke, who married a man years later after our confrontation.
These people are rare, it is just that the media like to focus on them, and label all liberals as regressive SJWs. It does not help when youtube stars like "Dave Rubin" act as if there is a problem. In the meantime all we can do is just make fun of them, ostracize, and don't let them bully other liberals from joining their side. We must also remind people (most people are liberal) that SJWs are a small fraction of a fraction of the population, they are as rare as diamonds and are infotainment gold.
>>
>>7106396
>I can't for the fucking life of me understand why hyper-liberals like pic related want to force their beliefs on other people.
Name me one group that didn't at least once.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.