[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans people of LGBT, question: Do you accept that you'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1470816262030.png (91KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
1470816262030.png
91KB, 240x255px
Trans people of LGBT, question:

Do you accept that you'll never be a "real" version of the gender you've transitioned to? FtM here, and I've been thinking about this more and more. Society seems to criticise us highly for not being the authentic version of whatever gender we transition to, and that's where a lot of trans people get really ass hurt. Do you all accept it/embrace it? Thoughts?
>>
File: b7d.jpg (206KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
b7d.jpg
206KB, 800x600px
>>7101044
I can be anything.
>>
>>7101044
I've grown to accept it. I know I'll always be my own version of a "woman". Most people will never know though. As long as I wake up and don't feel uncomfortable in my body I don't care if I'm "real" or not.
>>
>>7101044
sometimes. depends on how dysphoric i happen to be at the moment. i'd never tell anyone else they will never quite be whatever gender, though.
>>
>>7101044
It's depressing, but I can accept that I'm still technically a guy genetically and such, though I wouldn't want to associate with anyone who treats me differently because of it (with the exception of sexual attraction, since there's unfortunately legit issues related to that).
I'm cautiously optimistic that it might be possible to become 100% biologically female (or male for FtMs) within the next few decades through medical advances though.
>>
I just want to be comfortable with myself, get a bf and settle down, tfw it can never happen and im most likely going to an hero
>>
>>7101568
This
>>
Who's to say what makes one's gender real? Yeah, trans people will never truly be the sex they transition to. But if you live stealth, everyone treats you as your presented gender, and no one has a clue you're trans (or even just no one cares), then what the hell's the difference at that point?
Nothing will make someone not trans, nothing will erase the pre-transition years and their effect, nothing will change the sex characteristics that transition can't alter.
But there are people in the world who think that you can't call yourself a man until you've killed large game, can't call yourself a woman until you've given birth. Then on the flip side there are people who say you can call yourself a man or a woman despite presenting completely as the opposite with no intention of transitioning.
I don't want to go full 'gender is a social construct', but at the end of the day, whether you're a "real" man or woman is just a matter of perception, both your's and everyone else's. Just gotta find a way to be content with that, however you see yourself. Whether that means surrounding yourself with people who accept you, learning to not give a fuck, accepting for yourself that you'll never live up to your own standards of authenticity, or just deciding you don't really care about what makes a man (is it the woman in his arm, just 'cause she has big tittues? Or is it the way he fights every day? No, it's probably the titties! Now you're a man! A man, man, man!)
>>
I fucking hate it and try not to think about it, but wouldn't deny it in discussions about trans-anything. I'm not magically a cis guy, even though I would love to be. Technically though, our gender is real and valid, just mismatching our sex, which is forever a terrible blight that can just be made to resemble what would match our gender.
>>
File: 1468461999010.jpg (211KB, 858x952px) Image search: [Google]
1468461999010.jpg
211KB, 858x952px
Cis people struggle with people's expectations too: men have to prove themselves and stay strong always, women have to create and uphold the illusion of femininity and 'guard the gates'. Men who fail are seen as weak and pathetic, women who fail are seen as polluted and diseased.
Seeing how many factors decide how a person is perceived, such as career, personality, family, nationality, ethnicity, wealth, looks, a transgender person can compensate in many ways to minimize the damage one birth defect created.
>>
>>7101044
just pop a molly and listen to the spice girls
>>
>>7101044
Gender IS entirely constructed through social enactment

Will I ever be a reproductive female? No. Will I ever have ovaries? No. Does that mean I can't be a woman? Also no.
>>
I've kind of accepted it. As long as people accept me as a trans woman I really don't care that I'm not the "real" thing. Well, "real" meaning "fully functioning and reproductive."
>>
>>7101044
When I started my transition I knew fully well that I won't ever be a "real woman". Since I will always have differences compared to them. Heck, when I started I thought I won't ever pass. However I also knew that however feminine I'd become, it would still beat being a 100% cis male.

I would give anything if I could be a cis woman. With a normal height, foot size, hips, and shoulders. And my voice back, which T tore from me, and given me this deep, hoarse gay voice. And of course, a real vagina, a real uterus, and a real pair of ovaries in stead of an inverted penis, and a scrotum cut in half.

Currently I live stealth enough not to care. I know people clock me. But most people keep their opinions to themselves, and still use feminine pronouns and ma'am. When I look into a mirror, I see a woman, as I was always meant to be. That's enough for me.
>>
>>7101044
Im just a man with boobs but people gender me female most the time so whatevs
>>
>>7101044
>Do you accept that you'll never be a "real" version of the gender you've transitioned to?
only an autist would care about "real" and "true".
>>
>>7101044
I'll never ejaculate or cum inside a woman but aside from that i'm fine
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.