[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does homosexuality come from nature or nurture? What about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1448331114208.png (187KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1448331114208.png
187KB, 400x750px
Does homosexuality come from nature or nurture?

What about transgenderism?
>>
LGBT is a secret weapon delevoped by the Greys to slowly eradicate humanity so they can mine our planet for valuable resources without meddling earthlings getting in the way.
>>
>>7091243
this guy knows what's up
>>
>>7091138

I'd say homosexuality might have a biological predisposition, but it is nurture.

Trans is 100% nurture, you don't see transsexual animals. Animals acting like the opposite gender.
>>
>>7091421
>penguins breeding eggs
>Birds that mimic females
Also duh. There's no hrt for animals retard.
>>
>>7091421
Also this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality
Biological factors. Prenatal androgen exposure
100% retard
>>
>>7091433

If all males of a whole specie behaves the same way, then it is the specie's standard behavior, not trans.

>>7091443

There is no proof that trans is biological.
>>
>>7091480
What are studies?

I mean I would explain why there's no trans animals, but that is way too dumb for me. You gotta figure it out yourself
>>
>>7091138
Why can't you just google it?
>>
>>7091138
A mix? I remember a article i read many years ago (I have no idea if it's been disputed since) it was in a Danish newspaper that talked about research by a colaboration of Scandinavian universities in the field of male homosexuality.

The topic of the study was the mothers immune system towards having successive sons. Families with several sons increased the likelyhood of that family having a homosexual son or more out of the bunch.
The theory was that as a mother goes through pregnancy with male children her immune system always fights them as a infection in some way and over time her immune system adapts and becomes better at fighting whatever it sees as a infection and this might at least be part of the cause towards male homosexuality.

It's very generalized summed up, but I remember this article because it was the first time I really considered what the cause of homosexuality was in the first place.

My own assumption has always been that it's a mix of genetics and upbringing. Otherwise you would be able to chart a more defined model for homosexuality, it's simply too varied to properly study all causes. Sexuality in general seems to be more fluid than what tradition would admit to.
>>
>>7091591

Blanchard was the guy who came up with that theory. He also says his theory only accounts for 15% of gay males.
>>
>>7091600
I wouldn't know, but I'll have to look that name up when I have some time :)
>>
>>7091421
Is ought fallacy. Just because something isn't a natural trait of other mammals doesn't mean it isn't natural in humans.
>>
>>7091613
>that name
Blanchard is the asshole who came up with the idea that trans men don't exist and trans women are either faggots who want to fuck straight guys or creepy straight men with fetishes. Blanchard's topology, as it's called, has been thoroughly discredited by modern psychology. (that doesn't stop it from being parroted on this board non fucking stop and used by TERFs aka fat hairy man-hating dykes to justify their transphobia)
>>
>>7091699
Whatever, still gonna look it up. Gonna make up my own mind on how nuts or not his work is.
>>
>>7091138
It's both.
Pit bulls are predisposed to aggression but if in the right environment, nothing will happen.
But you could totally get an aggressive lab if it was placed in a shit environment.
>>
>>7091421
yes you do, the twin sister of a male calf will become a lesbian and act like a bull
>>
>>7091138
Both homosexuality and transsexuality have a genetic component that increases reproductive success for carriers that are heterosexual
http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org.sci-hub.cc/content/271/1554/2217
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com.sci-hub.cc/doi/10.1111/jsm.12847/full
http://www.sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S1090513808000688

The cause of both is natural variation in neurological development (mostly in the womb), but some socializing factors can make it more/less prevalent, practiced, accepted, etc
>>
>Does homosexuality come from nature or nurture?
Yes.

>What about transgenderism?
Yes.

The idea that sexuality/gender is an inborn trait is entirely political and is pushed solely to link precedents with civil rights. Actual human development is complicated, messy, and any attempt to create a model to describe it will be reductive.
>>
>>7091769
why are are all your links to some shady russian bullshit?
>>
>>7091138
If that's your understanding/phrasing of the question then you're either underage or under-educated.
>>
>>7091816
they link to a website that allows you to view scientific articles in your browser
you could also download them from websites that are still shady and russian, but less blatantly so
this is my preferred route because it allows offline viewing
>>
File: 1476623863549.png (65KB, 416x281px) Image search: [Google]
1476623863549.png
65KB, 416x281px
>>7091138
I remember being fascinated by other males as early as 6 yo and I had zero exposure to the concept of girls having different parts or even what a gay was. My money is on nature but I imagine it's a little bit of both.
>>
>>7091816
Because it's using Sci-hub which was developed by a Russian (more specifically Kazakh but she's living in Russia now)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sci-Hub

If you want the original articles which are behind a paywall you can just remove that part of the URL
http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/271/1554/2217
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jsm.12847/full
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1090513808000688
>>
>>7091421
>Trans is 100% nurture, you don't see transsexual animals. Animals acting like the opposite gender.
Isn't that what's happening to fishes because we contaminate the water with estrogen? The males act like females when mating and the population plummets.
>>
>>7091421
How do you know there arent animals that are transgender? Its not like they can come out and tell the rest they are trans and want to transition to the other gender. They probably become one of the the degenerates of the group and have no desire to procreate.
>>
>>7091421
There's actually signs of male animals doing female things in multiple animals. For example, a male might start positioning itself in the "fuck me" pose.
>>
>>7091710

You can hear straight from the horse's mouth how his fraternal birth order theory works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlczn2sMbM
>>
I think being gay is a mix of both. I think a traumatic event or having bad parents can result in being gay but I also think hormones in the womb can cause someone to be gay.

As far as trannies go I have no idea
>>
I don't remember being raised as a faggot.
>>
>>7092135
>getting fucked is a "female thing"

hmmmm
>>
A mix of both?
I never understood why it needs to be one or the other.
>>
>>7092080
>The males act like females when mating and the population plummets.

Sex of fishes is malleable. The males literally turn into females and start producing eggs.
>>
>>7092887

Because there are many interests involved if it is one or the other.

Anti-gays would have a stronger argument if it is 100% nurture, so in theory it could be changed.

Pro gays would have a infallible argument if it is found to be genetic. If it would be written in the genes, reparation therapy and the opposition to gay marriage would have no sense.
>>
>>7091421
They have been able to make transsexual rats in the lab by fucking with the hormones during gestation. It has also been naturally seen in rats, dogs, and cattle.
>>
>>7091421
Because animals don't have the concept of gender, do they? Legitimate question
>>
>>7093189
anti-gays wouldn't have a stronger argument if it's nurture because then the argument would be "sexuality is nurture, but if you don't intervene before the early teens you're fucked"

>>7094079
but animals also don't understand if they're transsexual - so a freemartin will actually try to mount an estrous cow because they have that instinct.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.