[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I posted this on /adv/ but they said I should come here. So,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: 1474338817168.jpg (145KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474338817168.jpg
145KB, 720x720px
I posted this on /adv/ but they said I should come here.

So, I live in Australia. I'm 18 years old, turning 19 in January.

I have dreams and aspirations and want to go to uni.

The problem is I'm transgender and I desperately desire to be a girl. I think you can see where this is going.

Yes, I don't pass. My face is completely non-passing. This is having a huge impact on my quality of life.

Hormones can only do so much and I believe they've done all they can.

I need facial feminisation surgery if I want to really be happy and not die every waking moment.

What's the best way to go about this? I'm completely unable to find work because of my odd appearance and breasts coming out and uni is out of the question because I can't see myself going on like this for 4 years, let alone a few more months.

What are my options to get my face fixed? It's looking hopeless and I'm thinking I should just end it. I'm a drain on society right now and I don't think I'm worth the 10k it'd take to fix my face and make me happy.

Also, I know it'll be said so I'll cover it here.

No, I can't just get over it and be a normal duder. Mental disorders don't work like that and as far as I know and from what my psychiatrist told me, there's nothing that really treats the core issue. My best option is transitioning and it fucking sucks.

So to sum it up, what are my options for getting this done? I know some private health insurance in America will cover the costs of FFS but as far as I know, there's not a single health insurer here in Australia who offers anything relating to my mental disorder.
>>
Sorry for the blog
>>
>>7088865
>uni is out of the question because I can't see myself going on like this for 4 years, let alone a few more months.
Trust me, you'll get tons of scholarships and preferential treatment at Uni.
>>
>>7088881
Is this a joke? Why would I get any of this. I'm not particularly smart nor pretty.
>>
>>7088865
Ask your parents to pay for it.

> Mental disorders don't work like that
It's not a mental disorder though.
>>
>>7089023
My parents are completely out of my life due to reasons you could probably guess...

And what is it then? All I know is it sucks and I can't fix it.
>>
>>7089029
Then there's no way really, unless you can somehow use your student loans to pay for FFS.
>>
>>7089072

Yeah, I thought so. Oh well, this was sort of my last ditch attempt to see if I had missed any options.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>7088865
>I'm completely unable to find work because of my odd appearance

instead of making excuses, you need to work.
especially if you aren't pretty enough to attract a sugar-daddy.

you can work in makeup or hairdressing or retail or restaurant or hotel as an effeminate male or a masculine-looking "woman".

don't limit yourself with negative self-talk.
instead, get out there and meet people and look for opportunities.

there are many successful lesbian women who are willing to give opportunities to hard-working trans people.
>>
>>7089122

I've been trying for the past year to get work. I've applied to hundreds of places, been to so many interviews and it never works. I can tell when I'm being interviewed that they think I'm weird, they always shorten the interview ask the basics and thank me for my time just to get me out of there.

I'm just tired and done at this point. I just made this thread to see if there were any alternatives.
>>
>>7089200
Max out on student loans, and save up with them, to spend it all on surgery.

You really have nothing to lose on doing that.
>>
>>7089214
How would I go about doing this as an Australian? The only student loans I know about is through the government and I thought you could only use that money for courses.
>>
>>7089023
Uh, yes it is.
>>
>>7088865
Go to Brazil and get surgery there. It's cheap! But be careful
>>
>>7089563
How cheap? Do you know any reputable plastic surgeons in Brazil?
>>
>>7089583
I know a guy. His name is Jesus Hernandez. He does any surgery you want and his price range is from 120-1345 Real. You have to transfer that from your money. The price is depended on how much you want to do.
>>
>>7089606
I dunno dude, sounds kinda dangerous. Though I'll probably kill myself if I can't get it done anyways so... I dunno. I'll think on it.
>>
>>7089583
>>7089606

>1345 real = 587 USD

Breh, don't do it. You only get one face so it's important you don't mutilate it just because you don't have money to get it done right.
>>
>>7089652
It's 1345 at the max. It all depends on what the person wants done in total. Probably for the face it's 250 or 330 somewhere in that range but a whole body then that's the bigger money
>>
>>7089652
I mean it's already mutilated lmao. If it fucks up then I can just noose myself.
>>
>>7089756

I'm saying that's way too little to be a good job. Even if it were ten times that price, I think it would be too small.

>>7089760
A job that's worth doing is worth getting right the first time. And no one "just" kills themselves like the way you decide to buy a cake when you're doing your groceries, just because you felt like it.
>>
>>7089862
Well it's not like I suddenly want to off myself. It's been a long time coming.
>>
>>7089892

Uh-huh. Every tranny feels that way and look at how many have tried, let alone succeeded. Just get FFS done properly, fampai. You'll thank yourself for it even if you have to save up.
>>
>>7089913
But to get the money together it'd take me years, y'know? I'm just not okay with existing for much longer than a month like this.
>>
>>7089928
What features is it you need done?
>>
>>7089970
Jaw, nose, browline and that's about it maybe.
>>
>>7088881
>>7088999
Melbourne is a liberal meme city. I'm not sure where in Aus you're from but if you move here uni students will throw themselves under a tram if it means earning ally points.
>>
>>7089981
Well I don't want that shit. It's not going to make me feel better about myself.
>>
>>7089200
http://www.senswide.com.au/content.asp?id=26&t=workingout&cid=3

Check that out. It's a job help service for legbutts with disabilities.
>>
>>7090002
I'm not disabled.
>>
>>7089928

>But to get the money together it'd take me years, y'know?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Especially complicated by the fact that if I get a high-paying tech job to pay for FFS by getting a CE or CS degree, besides taking four years for the degree, I won't be able to change the name on my degree because of my university's policy.

I was investigating the possibility of completing a two year nursing course at a cheap community college since nurses are paid $60k/year here, but most job listings for nurses that I've seen require four year degrees. Not to mention there are prerequisites that make that 2 year degree actually 3 years long, so you may as well go for the four year degree. But at that point, it's only reasonable to someone who wants to be a nurse as a career while I'm just looking at nursing as a way to get my shit together and then study something I actually want after FFS. The reality and my plan just don't line up.

Since I'm American, I guess my only hope is getting on an insurance plan that pays for FFS or miraculously starting a wildly successful business with little resources and no skills. Even so, I'm not getting some botch-job because I'm financially fucked and short on time.
>>
>>7090030
Do you have a history of anxiety or depression?
If yes then you're considered disabled, congrats
>>
>>7090056

I guess you have more willpower. I'm just really tired and don't want to try anymore. I'm gonna off myself in the next few months so if there's even a slight chance of cheap surgery working then I might as well take it.

If it goes well - I get to be happy and carry on doing stuff

If it doesn't - oh well, I was gonna kill myself anyways.

It's not a big deal.

>>7090063
Cool, I'll give them a try. I'm not in Melbourne though, I'm an hour out of there in a smaller town.
>>
>>7090074
>>7090063
They have an office in Preston if that's easier to get to. I just started seeing them so I'm still in the interview phase but they seem alright. The staff are all LGBT so they understand everything. See if you can get a letter from your psych saying that your mental health makes working/ finding work more difficult, it'll help speed up the process.
>>
Seriously youre either lying or doing something severlt wrong if youve applied to "hundreds" of jobs with no success, its totally normal for an interviewer to ask like a coupleshort questions then end the interview its not a bad sign. Try harder, apply to maccas and woolies if you have to, australia is literally the easiest fking place in the world to not be a neet, work alot and u can save 10 grand get slightly less ugly and do uni next year.
Sincerely, someone who is an unpassing hon and actually supports themselves
>>
>>7088865
You must adjust to a level tolerable agony.
>>
>>7090464
I'm not doing anything wrong. Everyone says this to me and it makes me want to cry.

I've been to two different job providers and worked with 3 different people. My resume is as good as it can be without lying. I've made every single possible edit to my resume that they asked me to. It's fine.

I've applied to countless Woolworths and McDonalds. I had an interview at one down the road from my place not too long ago actually. I was INCREDIBLY bitter to come back to find they hired a 15 year old. How can I possibly compete with teenagers who are dirt cheap to hire and are gorgeous and shit. I can't.

Australia is far from the easiest place to find work.
>>
>>7088865
If you have a bank account you could ask them for a loan maybe? Not sure they'd give you 10k if you're unemployed tho

Or you could find some kind of job where how you look doesn't matter, like working on the internet
>>
>>7090002
Is there an American version of this?
>>
>>7092179

I think there is in San Francisco.
>>
>>7088865

>Yellow: I scream, you scream...
>Red: Orange screams, he's ice cream.
>Orange has tortured expression on his face

Dark.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.