[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lgbt/, today my mom gave me an angry rant about how she's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
/lgbt/, today my mom gave me an angry rant about how she's not ready to have a homosexual daughter; about how painful it was for her to watch my girlfriend and I the two weeks she visited (we did nothing more intimate than holding hands); about how hard it was when my little brothers asked what was up (with my girlfriend and I).

I have the option of noping the fuck out. My girlfriend and I have enough money saved up for us to fly me over to her and for me to sustain myself until all the paperwork allowing me to get job has gone through.

But I'm fucking scared. I don't want to be that person that throws their brilliant future away on a whim. My parents are currently paying for my higher education, so I have a lot to lose by leaving.

On the other hand though, depending on them is fucking suffocating. They try to act like they're tolerant and progressive because it's the socially acceptable thing to do, but they're bigoted pieces of shit at the end of the day.

Is it worth it, /lgbt/? I'm tired of suffering over this. I need to decide.
>>
>>7088748
Sit them down and give them the hard dick about how fucked up they're being. Tell them exactly how it feels to be pressured on who to love and how to live your life by their prejudice while under their thumb to fund your future.

Bring up the rant and confront them with it head on.

If they act like children and try to swerve around how ridiculously stupid they've been acting, realize that you're not going to get through to them and factor that into your decision.

Can you handle another x years of their bullshit, or do you run away with your girl and try things that way? It's all up to you at that point because no one here knows you or them better than you do.
>>
>>7088779
This has a good chance of backfiring. How many more years of college do you have? Try to tough it out, then move away and see them once or twice a year (or never)
>>
File: fuck you hitomi.jpg (97KB, 448x750px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you hitomi.jpg
97KB, 448x750px
show them this
>>
File: 1363878952841.jpg (41KB, 550x508px) Image search: [Google]
1363878952841.jpg
41KB, 550x508px
>>7088748
Let's get some more specifics out in the open so that things can get properly planned.
>How much do you like this girl?
>Have you had previous girlfriends?
>How long have the two of you been together?
>Does she already afford her own place, or does she live at home?
>If you move, is it a change in city, state, or country?
>How long have you been out to your mother?
>What are you studying?

If your relationship is a pretty serious thing, it's worth considering. But if you have been with this person for less than a year, you might want to take pause.
>>
>>7088779
>>7088748
To add on to this, make it abundantly clear that you want to continue your education and stay with them, but if they continue treating you that way you're 100% going to move in with your girlfriend instead. If nothing else it will at least get the message across that this is extremely important to you and you won't accept things continuing as they are.
>>
>>7088779
> Give them the hard dick.
But OP has a vagoo. :(
>>
>>7088779
>>7088874
I'm surprised I got some serious answers. I appreciate it.

>How much do you like this girl?
I love her enough that she made me realize why all of my other previous relationships felt petty and childish. Because we have something where we both truly know and accept and love the other, and we make each other better

>How long have the two of you been together?
About two and a half years.

>Does she already afford her own place, or does she live at home?
She lives at home out of convenience, but together we both have more than enough to move out. She lives with her mother who is very accepting and supportive of us. Her mom covered most of the cost of her visiting here for two weeks.

>If you move, is it a change in city, state, or country?
Change of country. I'm from Brazil, and my girlfriend lives in Florida. I'm fully aware of the legal process of moving to the US, but I'm not worried about it. I speak fluent English without an accent, have had American schooling for a good portion of my life. Plus one of my friend's dad is an immigration attorney. He says I'll be fine if I make that decision.

>How long have you been out to your mother?
She's known about my girlfriend for about a year, but she was under the impression where I was doing that thing where some women go to college and have a weird rebellious phase where they date a woman. She's only now coming to terms with the fact that it's serious.

>What are you studying?
International relations.

I appreciate your answers, guise.
>>
File: 1473285835594.png (177KB, 430x303px) Image search: [Google]
1473285835594.png
177KB, 430x303px
>>7088912
I gave you a serious answer. F-fuck you.
>>
>>7088912
Honestly I'd go for it even if things do improve with your family, obviously I don't have firsthand experience but Brazil seems to be in a bit of a shitty spot right now. Idk what that kind of a degree might lead to, but if you have a job lined up in the states already that might be a better path forward than the degree anyway depending on what it is.
>>
>>7088928
Oh I'm sorry! I was going to go ahead and quote everyone but I didn't want to sound like a baby.

>>7088939
Brazil is terrible and awful in every sense of the word - especially for a gay person - which is why packing up my shit and leaving to the US with my girlfriend against my family's wishes doesn't sound like such a bad idea at all.
>>
>>7088912
Oh hey, my boyfriend is Brazilian. But I don't know if he has dual citizenship, or if it's just his mom that has it...

Tangent aside, this is going to have to come down to comfort. Would you rather finish higher education with a free ride, but deal with the bullshit? Or do you think you can pause on the higher education just to get yourself into a more comfortable living situation? Your relationship sounds like the real deal, and even if things get rough it sounds like the two of you have backup.

Aside from that, I don't know how your parents might handle you being confrontational, but I do like what >>7088779 & >>7088888 recommend.
>>
>>7088912
I'm totally not the person to be giving advice on this sort of thing, so don't listen to me, but I think it's helpful to consider which decision you would be more likely to regret not making, as if you were looking back on things later down the line. Though I think the question another anon asked about how much longer you have to finish your degree was a pretty relevant one.

Good taste in major by the way.
>>
>>7088748
I don't see how you can't just be patient? Perhaps put the choice on your mother (and father?) tellt hem that being with her is what you want and if they don't approve then that doesn't matter. Let them throw you out if they can't live with that ultimatum.

Then finish your education and piss off from there.
>>
>>7088912
go U. S I am pretty sure you will have better future in U.S with no qualification than in Brazil higher qualification.

I am not even talking about trans issues.
>>
>>7088748
Finish your education. Then do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>7088748
Tell your mom to suck it up and deal with it.

Or pretend to be nice solely because they pay you shit.
Your pick.
>>
Up to you anon. Your parents are going to help you with school, I would stay and suffer. Rather finish school, because that is more important to me than any boy, no matter how absolutely wonderful.
>>
>>7088748
As someone who who dropped out of school to support myself because my family didn't accept me, I wish I had sucked it up long enough to get my degree. I eventually did finish my degree, but it took many many years to get back and do it, setting my life back A LOT.

How much longer do you have until you graduate? If you immigrate to the US I think you could get into college easily enough based simply on essays about muh oppression, muh homophobia, muh land of opportunity, muh immigrant status, etc. But can you afford to pay for it? Are you driven enough to actually make a lucrative career with your degree, or do you plan to go into non-profit after college and wallow in student debt till you die?

At the end of the day I think you should be true to your feelings and do what feels right. But that's just my style.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.