[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get out of a cancerous relationship without being an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mtolwn7WAO1rm3a56o9_500.jpg (81KB, 480x615px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtolwn7WAO1rm3a56o9_500.jpg
81KB, 480x615px
How do I get out of a cancerous relationship without being an asshole?

pic unrelated
>>
Depends on how it's "cancerous".
If your SO treats you like shit and you dislike them, then just sit them down and tell them as politely as possible that you want to break up with them, and leave.
If your SO has workable problems, then sit them down and talk about what you don't like and discuss whether the relationship can work. If it can't, try to leave on good terms.
If your SO is abusive, get the fuck out when they aren't around and only inform them via text or call after you're all moved out and in a safe place.
>>
Just bite the bullet and be direct. Truth isn't always a pretty thing. Don't go out of your way to be hurtful but don't bite your tongue for the sake of sparing their feelings, either.
>>
kys tbqh
>>
>>7066717
>>7066842
what if we're long distance?
>>
>>7066958
not the same anons but if you can, write them a letter and then block them literally everywhere.

if you want to talk it out, try to, but if its an abusive/impossible thing and you know it, take the cut it off route. you can wait to see what they say of course--

be prepared (if theyre friends with your friends/family) to avoid some people, cut some people out, possibly get new places/names to be online. online is almost harder but you can do it. at least you dont have to move out of someones house or fear them literally being there and thats good. best of luck to you, friend.
>>
>>7066697

Depends on the person.

I had one relationship with a psychopath. He would manipulate the whole situation in such a way that it made it impossible to leave.
I left by sending him an e-mail, telling him it would be the best for us to go different ways. Cut all kind of contacts after that. Happy I did it.

Btw. Years later, after working with my therapist, did I find out that he fitted the description of a psychopath perfectly.
>>
>>7066958
>>7066717
Pretty much all of what I said applies, just talk on skype or whatever instead of actually sitting down with them. If it's abusive then if they don't know where you live cut contact completely and remove them from everything, if they do tell them you're breaking up and make sure your home is secure in case they come after you.
>>
>>7067086
Would it be ok if I asked you to elaborate? What kind of shit would he pull?
>>
>>7067131

Keep in mind that he was a psycho with an extremely magnetic personality.

First he could be very charming and act in a contagious way that nothing wrong had happened. On an emotional level he could convince me, I had to gather great inner strength to confront him.
Then he would stalk me. Once he implied suicide, that's when it decided I had to be drastic and never talk to him again.
>>
why the FUCK are you worried about being an asshole when the relationship is, in your own words, cancerous?
>>
>>7067932
Because if you cut out cancer the cancer dies
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.