[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we late transitioning (18+) trannies ever find happiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1476608628255.jpg (32KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1476608628255.jpg
32KB, 653x490px
Can we late transitioning (18+) trannies ever find happiness?

How does it feel for you to have missed the early transition boat by only a few years? How do you deal with that feel?
>>
I try or die if it fails
>>
>>7065130

Sucks, senpai. I wish I had been born 10 or 20 years later than I was (1995). Although 5 years later would still have made a huge difference.
>>
>>7065448
>if I was born ten years later there would be nothing wrong with my life at all and I definitely would have transitioned in adolescence
>ten years younger than the first major wave of underage transitioners
that's not even getting into the fact that hsts girls were sourcing estrogen on the street as teenagers as early as the early 60s
this board is ridiculous
>>
>>7065483
>a few extreme cases somehow get lucky and figure everything out
vs
>bombarded by possible resources and information
>>
>>7065483

It's more about having parents who are too young to be strongly against transgender people than myself being young enough to catch the current wave of transgender awareness. Personally, I was a child too meek and obedient to my parents to go against them. That is the main reason I did not transition earlier.

Not to mention there are advantages those trannies you mention would have died for that are being gained only now. At some point, generics for GnRH analogs are going to be available as well, opening up prepubescent transition even to poorer families.

Also, the 60s? I think estradiol was still quite expensive at that point. You're probably talking about premarin though.
>>
>>7065483
It's not about availability of estrogen. It's about availability of information and acceptance. Most late transitioners would've jumped at the opportunity to transition if they knew it was possible to do so, and if their parents or society supported them rather than shamed them. I know I would.

Even compared to 5 years ago, it's a whole different world for young trans people. Western society is rapidly becoming more accepting of such people, and kids can now just do a quick Google search to find out how to transition. Parents and teachers, too, are becoming more informed and willing to help.

I think 20s transitioners have every right to be upset. That a few short years could mean the difference between happiness and lifelong despair is enough to make anyone bitter.
>>
>>7065488
are you really going to play this card? do you really think your experiences are more like -- or worse than -- the 80s-born early transitioners than they were people born around the turn of the millennium?
i was born in 1998 and suffer from severe ftm sex discordance that forced me to transition (defined here as 'the point where I socially became male in all ways and never lived as female again') at age 15, came out at 13? what an easy life i must have had, huh? full of free-flowing information, accepting parents, t given out like candy? and everyone even barely older than me had experiences that were universally harder, and certainly never easier?
i live in a country where medical transition under 18 barring JUDICIAL permission is ILLEGAL -- and before you assume I'm in some third world mud hut because nothing could have that in current year, the country in question is australia. the day before my 15th birthday hormone blockers -- of all fucking things -- were finally exempted from this. it still took me several months to get on them partially because the system was delaying my case and partially because it took my parents two goddamn years to come around to having a son, to the point i eventually tried to run away from home because being a disabled tranny living on the street was the only way I had a chance in hell of a better outcome. let me repeat that: being a disabled street tranny was the BETTER outcome. you think there aren't thousands of kids living like that? hell, you think that isn't an inherent part of the early transitioner experience for everyone who isn't jazz jennings tier lucky?
so my parents finally came around and i became the first guy on blockers in the state, and as you will note earlier this is when i started living completely as male. how did i do this? by going stealth at a new school. without t. as a semi-passing tranny. in a 'working class' (read: underclass) area.
[continued]
>>
>18
>late transitioning

lmao I started at 20 and turned out well. Life is great.
>>
>>7065541
your perceptions are deluded. add 8 years to your age and you'd likely add 8 years to your knowledge of anything trans. young idiots like you don't understand
>>
>>7065541
an area where i would give brandon teena a run for his money if i got found out. and my previous school was a single sex catholic school -- how was i meant to dodge that question?
i know your type don't believe ftms can have passing problems or be in physical danger, so let me translate this for you: you're a 15 year old mtf, so obviously super lucky with no problems at all. you have blockers that you BARELY JUST started but can't get estrogen because it's illegal (let's pretend mtf self medding is as hard as the ftm equivalent). most of your features are okay -- but you're 5'10" and your shoulders are broader than any girl's could possibly be. if you get found out, you will be beaten to death.
how fucking lucky.
do you know who the only people keeping me sane here were? the ex-teen transitioners. all way older than me, because, again, the first MAJOR WAVE of early transition started for people born in the 80s in America. these people all universally had easier lives and more acceptance than me. why? rich parents, mostly. that's the only difference for a lot of people. but all of us had to fight -- to the death sometimes, see incredibly privileged and lucky trans teen leelah alcorn -- to get the tiniest of scraps, and you really think that's an easier life than yours? really?
and where do you think i discovered my sex discordance from? THE SAME PLACES YOU DID. laura's. susan's. the writings of motherfucking jennifer diane reitz. you think tumblr would have made you realize you were trans at 14? have you ever USED tumblr? there are more kids IN the closet from that site than out of it
[continued]
>>
>>7065571
most of the other teen transitioners I've met in my life, and I've met a pretty representative cross-section of the population, are older than me. sometimes much older. most are now older than almost everyone who claims being born in 199x ruined their life on /lgbt/. for fuck's sake, people realized they were sex discordant as teenagers before my parents were born. how did they do that? because ever since the first transitions in the middle of the last century, it's been open knowledge amongst young gay kids that there's a way out of the hell a few of them lived in, and the ones who found their way out before i did guided me.
"but I'm not gay, I was actually a pretty average straight boy though I really liked traps and wished I could be one --"
and there we are
you think the trans girls born 2000 who are transitioning in their teens are agp? no, because the ones born in 1995 or 1990 who did weren't either
hsts trans teenagers have been transitioning through hell for decades
but in 2040 agp trans women will still be bitching on /lgbt/ that the only thing differentiating them from those girls and guys is that they're THREE years older
>>
Honestly even 17 or 16 is too late, it needs to be caught before puberty triggers bone growth, which for some people is as early as 12 or 13.

Can trannies ever find happiness, the truth is, no. Not any real lasting happiness.
Not in this lifetime. Maybe 5% will.

Not until the technology advances a lot, or society changes its fundamental thinking a lot, both of which are 100 years away if they ever happen at all.
>>
I only realized transgenderness a thing when I was 17. I went into a state of denial for years though. "Oh I couldn't possibly do that." My parents were oppressive with their religious dogma through out my childhood. I never had any money or means to support myself. It took a long time of acceptance and therapy to reach the conclusion that I had to transition. I tried to self med when I was 20 and my parents made me stop. I really tried to do the cis hetero thing to please my parents, but I fell into a serious depression for 2 more years. I started again when I was 22 when I finally could get a job.
I mean most 18 year olds are completely reliant on their parents financially. Realistically, I would consider "late transitioner" as 30+.
>>
File: 1476067229950.jpg (77KB, 657x823px) Image search: [Google]
1476067229950.jpg
77KB, 657x823px
>>7065130
Again /lgbt/ is overestimating the age you start transitioning.
There are 14 year olds who almost look like grown up men. If you really want to do HRT all the work, you'll have to start it before puberty kicks in and that's impossible in most areas on this planet. Just look at the two following videos. Noelle, a friend of Jazz Jennings, started transition at age 14:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kgUuLgKBac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XfO1Jf5890

Age is a factor when it comes to a successful transition but it's obviously not the most important one. The most important factor is genetics.
Here's an example of a mtf who was over 30 years old when she started transition:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3281302/Transgender-woman-used-married-bearded-240lbs-U-S-Marine-overcompensating-secret-desire-woman-reveals-female.html

I think she turned out pretty well. And she didn't even get the full effects of HRT yet and had no FFS.

>>7065541
>>7065571
>>7065588
>it's not only about the time you live in and the quantity of information you can get but also the location (your country, your city, your area) and your social circumstances (your family and their values, the kind of school you go to) when it comes to transition early
Yeah.

>>7065602
>"Honestly even 17 or 16 is too late, it needs to be caught before puberty triggers bone growth, which for some people is as early as 12 or 13."
100% correct.

>>7065605
>"Realistically, I would consider "late transitioner" as 30+."
This is true.
>>
>>7065614
Aside from voice, she is completely within cis ranges
>>
>>7065614
> There are 14 year olds who almost look like grown up men.

I didn't hit puberty until I was almost 15. I only got some mustache growth at that age. I didn't get beard growth until around 18. My beard didn't get thicker until late 20s, when I started to lose some hair from the top of my head.

If I were a tranny I'd be better off transitioning at 14 than 18, but 18 would be more doable than 30, for example.
>>
>>7065619
Who do you mean? Noelle?

>>7065620
Then your puberty kicked in relatively late (when compared to what statistics say about today's teenagers). Puberty at 14 or 15 and even later was pretty normal a few decades ago. Nowadays puberty starts earlier and earlier (in the majority of cases).
>"If I were a tranny I'd be better off transitioning at 14 than 18, but 18 would be more doable than 30, for example."
That's right, especially in your case. What I wanted to say is that your age is not necessarily the most important factor. It's genetics that has the last word in most cases.
>>
File: confirmed for femalke.png (378KB, 574x488px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed for femalke.png
378KB, 574x488px
>>7065639
I think I'd have good genetics for it, one of those face recognition things would give me female for my younger pictures
>>
>>7065654
>face regcognition app gendered me the way I want
kek
>>
>>7065937
I'm not a tranny, I'm a cis guy
>>
File: 1475880740534.jpg (95KB, 528x739px) Image search: [Google]
1475880740534.jpg
95KB, 528x739px
>>7065978
Yes, you are.... w-we all are, r-right?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.