[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /lgbt/, I come here to ask for a couple of things for research.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 306x164px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 306x164px
Hello /lgbt/, I come here to ask for a couple of things for research.

I want to make a study on perception of transexuals/transgender people, possibly compare people with over 40 years old and younger adults.

My team and I are scrapped for the theory to base our study on, though. We've done some Google and some library searching and thus far we've come up with very little relevant info on the subject; it actually impresses me how hard it is to find scientific info on this topic.

We're also strapped for time, so... sorry for coming to 4chan for this, but do you guys have papers or academic studies that could help us out? You'd help us a ton and in return we can give you some info on this community back.
>>
Bumperino.
>>
What kind of studies are you looking for exactly?
>>
You may find it difficult to find a reliable online web source of information for your topic. Instead I'd suggest picking up a book on the subject matter of transgenders if you seek information.

I have a link that could possibly lead you to a book that could yield the required statistics for your paper.

https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=0yvBjQYcqR0C&dq=Transgender+Health+and+HIV+Prevention:+Needs+Assessment+Studies+from+Transgender+Communities+across+the+United+States&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=

As you should know by now, much web-source material is not reliable.
>>
>>7049726

Try Dhejne 2011. There's also Transgender Discrimination Survey. The 2015 US Trans Survey was originally planned to be released this summer, but now it's supposed to be late this year, so probably too late for you.
>>
>>7051160
Mainly historical data on the history of perception of transexuals.

>>7051222
There are no books on my library though :s I'll look up what you gave me.

>>7051256
U.S. isn't my country but when it's a topic like this you guys are usually the ones that have researched the most, thanks!
>>
Have you read Transgender History by Susan Stryker? Not sure if that'll be scientific per se but it's informative.
>>
I'm a psych undergrad so I have access to a lot of databases. Here are a few studies that might point you in the right direction.

Muñoz-Plaza, C., Quinn, S. C., & Rounds, K. A. (2002). Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students: Perceived social support in the high school environment. The High School Journal, 85(4), 52-63.

Tetreault, P. A., Fette, R., Meidlinger, P. C., & Hope, D. (2013). Perceptions of campus climate by sexual minorities. Journal Of Homosexuality, 60(7), 947-964.

Reed, O. M., Franks, A. S., & Scherr, K. C. (2015). Are perceptions of transgender individuals affected by mental illness stigma? A moderated mediation analysis of anti-transgender prejudice in hiring recommendations. Psychology Of Sexual Orientation And Gender Diversity, 2(4), 463-469.

Pryor, J. T. (2015). Out in the classroom: Transgender student experiences at a large public university. Journal Of College Student Development, 56(5), 440-455.

Elischberger, H. B., Glazier, J. J., Hill, E. D., & Verduzco-Baker, L. (2016). 'Boys don’t cry'—or do they? Adult attitudes toward and beliefs about transgender youth. Sex Roles, 75(5-6), 197-214.

Kanamori, Y., Cornelius-White, J. D., Pegors, T. K., Daniel, T., & Hulgus, J. (2016). Development and validation of the transgender attitudes and beliefs scale. Archives Of Sexual Behavior
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.