[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal for guys to hold doors open for other guys? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: body.jpg (110KB, 620x345px) Image search: [Google]
body.jpg
110KB, 620x345px
Is it normal for guys to hold doors open for other guys? I'm still in boymode but over 1 year HRT and almost everywhere I go now a guy holds the door open for me.

I went to my college's cafeteria where there's like an inside door and an outside door and two separate guys held them both open for me.
>>
Straight male, I hold the door open for everybody. It's normal
>>
I just hold the door for everybody because it's common courtesy, don't think you're special
>>
Holding a door open is a pretty common courtesy.
>>
>sneeze
>he says bless you
>HE WANTS TO FUCK
>>
>>7037208
I wasn't asking if they wanted to fuck, I just meant I thought they might be reading me as female or something.
>>
If a guy enters a door ahead of you and you're not very far behind, a lot of guys in general will hold it open
>>
>>7037355
I don't mean they're entering and just holding it I mean like, they do the thing where they stand to the side holding it open for me and let me go in first.
>>
>>7037171
lol, no fucking way.
There's a difference between walking through a door and not letting it close if someone's right behind you, and opening a door for someone.

Last month, there was this dude who would NOT let me open the door for myself. (One door business.)
I asked him to just go in eventually and he told me that 'I'm going to stand right here'. Like, a whole show of it; he cut in front of me as I was getting to the door, just to hold it open for me. Had his son there too, which honestly makes it worse for me.
Like, fuck off, man. It's one thing to do it, but to keep doing it after I've given every non-verbal clue that this isn't comfortable, and then an actual verbal request?

Ended up just leaving, I'm sure I came off as the cunt in the scenario.

Meanwhile, if I do so much as what I described first, just a 'Hey, it's shitty to let a door hit you in the face' hold, men will go out of their way to either wait of it's one door, or open the second door if it's a two door scenario.
>>
>>7037152
going out of their way to open doors for you means they are reading you as female
happens to me all the time since presenting full time
was uncomfortable at first now i don't really care, it's neat i guess
>>
>>7037152
post pic
>>
>stressing out this much about fucking doors

2016 is shit
>>
At work, if I am walking in front of someone when I come to a door I'll hold it open for them and let them go through first, whether they're men or women.

I have often struggled with social anxiety and I see actions like this as sort of 'seizing the initiative' in social encounters. If you do the courteous thing before your opponent can, you put them in the position of feeling embarrassed and socially awkward rather than ending up in that position yourself. It's similar for asking people which floor they need when you get into a lift, or saying 'after you!' when meeting in a narrow corridor.

I suspect that extroverts just do these things naturally without considering the combative angle. It's very common in my workplace.

Also, I think culture may be a factor: I am English and I think that English people may have stronger manners/social etiquette in this area than other nationalities.
>>
>>7038419
Depends. What you're describing, it sounds like actually polite. (You walking through and just not letting it close.)
The real problem here, and I imagine >>7038395 is somewhere in this camp, that the people who make a big, condescending show out of holding the door for you, while making the same fuss about not having it held for them, were raised to see this as being the polite thing to do. So, when people like myself are upset at the implication, they read it as me just being rude when they're being so polite.

It's nothing to do with politeness.
>>
>>7037152
yes, it's normal, guys hold the door for me all the time and I'm a cis male

and so do girls
>>
>>7037152
Holding a door open for someone has nothing to do with gender. I'm a woman and I hold the door for everyone if I get to it first. If they get to it first they hold it open for me. Nbd. The only time I would run to open a door is if an elderly person was going in.
>>
>>7037152
I hold doors open for girls subconsciously because of societal norms of being a gentleman

I hold door open for guys actively to just have a moment to acknowledge each other cause I know how it feels to be a dude in the world and when a door flies in your face like you dont exist
>>
>>7037152
Its called being polite, you autistic faggot.
>>
>>7037152
I hold doors open for everyone if they are close enough. However I definitly will hold doors open for cute girls.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.