[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems perfectly natural that gay and trans people would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

It seems perfectly natural that gay and trans people would be attracted to characters who are of similarly sexuality or gender to them, right? Are you? Were you as kids?

I remember being 4 or 5 and picking up on the Xena/Gabrielle... text. Seriously, it isn't subtext. Yet straight people always complain that people are picking at nothing, that they aren't in love, etc. As a kid I liked making lesbian stories with my toys and got into yuri once I got a computer. As an adult, I'm mostly drawn to lesbian characters and I always make lesbian couples in The Sims. It's not even sexual or anything, I just like gay female characters and writing them.
>>
Bump. Anyone?
>>
I had a crush on Gillian Anderson (X-Files era) when I was a kid, if that means anything. I turned out a transbian.
>>
>>7013728
Yeah I think people like characters they can relate to and sometimes project themselves onto characters as well.
>>
The only thing I wanted to have sex with when I was younger was a blender.
>>
Boys don't dig lesbian characters. All the shippers are women.

>>7018588

Yet /co/ and /v/ always complain about the sjw menace trying to diversify their works. It seems perfectly normal that a black or gay writer would make black or gay characters.
>>
Not totally sure if it's related. But every single trans girl I know personally, including me was involved in the Touhou community somehow. Why is this so? Why is Touhou so popular with younger trans girls?
>>
>>7018654

Lots of cute girls? I know a lot of trans guys are drawn to stuff like Free or South Park because they wish they could have grown up as male.

Tbqh, I have never heard that. Touhou is popular in general on here. It's a huge gaming fandom.
>>
>>7018654
I wasn't into Touhou, but I'm majorly into cutesy slice of life and yuri (the kind that's more romantic than sexual) manga. I have a hard time dealing with the fact that no matter how well I transition I will still have a male childhood and adolescence and will never have children, so I guess it's kind of escapism.
>>
>>7018635
aren't most yuri fans male now?
>>
>>7018784
Like 3/4 of the yuri fans I've met have been gay or bi women. Maybe the target demographic is men in Japan, but because of the cultural difference it's more women into it here? Like a massive periphery demographic.
>>
File: Bridget.png (671KB, 761x899px) Image search: [Google]
Bridget.png
671KB, 761x899px
I'm trans and as I kid I was so drawn to Bridget from guilty gear that when I transitioned I named myself after her
>>
>>7018990

Only the more comedic or baity yuri works are aimed at guys. Most yuri are aimed at girls and women.
>>
What about trans people who are more interested in singers, actors/actresses and cartoon characters of their similar gender. I find that happens to me. It's not that I don't like the other but I find I like people of my own gender more. Maybe that's just a coincidence?
>>
Wasn't that intrested in any kind of person beyond the "try to get a any girl as a girlfriend to look cool".
>>
>>7018654
I got into touhou for a bit, but a large part was it was free (if you pirate it) and the music was catchy.
>>
>>7013728
Why did you post a picture of cousins?
>>
File: image.jpg (251KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251KB, 1000x800px
>>7013728
Utena is best Femboy
>>
>>7018635
There's a big difference between adding gay/black/etc characters because you want to and adding them for tumblr brownie points. /v/ (I don't go on /co/ so I can't speak for them) has a problem with characters that are clearly made to cash in on the current wave of political correctness, and there are common threads about gay/minority/etc characters that are actually well written and liked.
There's a world of difference between companies like Bioware plastering their rainbow of sexualities and colours in their advertising to show how diverse they are and companies that don't actually exploit those demographics and writing good characters.
>>
>>7019620

/v/ only likes gay characters where their being gay is so little a part of their character that they might as well not be at all. That doesn't really work for a dating sim like the shit Bioware makes.
>>
File: image.jpg (253KB, 800x1218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253KB, 800x1218px
>>7019894
Bioware is absolute trash anyways
>>
my parents were homophobic enough to make me disgusted by any portrayal of gays or lesbians in media until i was a teenager, even though i didn't know i was trans and therefore liking boys made me gay. but i do feel like in my experience, gay trans people (myself included) care more about fictional same-sex couples than cis gays. it's probably just that we have more need for escapism and media we can successfully self-insert into or something.

that said
>pic related
>>
I might be trans idk but im a pretty fem guy and when i was a kid i was really into sasuke from naruto for some reason.
>>
When i was a kid i was super into sasuke from naruto for some reason
>>
>>7020378

He has a wife.

>>7019620

I have never heard of any characters the latter.
>>
File: 1462880341118.jpg (112KB, 856x712px) Image search: [Google]
1462880341118.jpg
112KB, 856x712px
>>7019025
>her
>>
File: tetsuo manga ftm.jpg (214KB, 800x1160px) Image search: [Google]
tetsuo manga ftm.jpg
214KB, 800x1160px
>>7018663
i don't know that FtM liked south park, is seriously that a stereotype?
>>
>>7018654
I kept seeing it posted everywhere on 4chinz along with various things like the IOSYS animations and Bad Apple video so I decided to try Soku back when threads for it on /v/ were a regular thing, and later tried playing the rest of the series. Not sure why it would be popular with MtFs specifically though, perhaps it might be partially because crossplay is common in the fandom and some might use that as an outlet prior to transitioning.
>>7019894
/v/ seemed to like Undyne before it got popular to hate on Undertale, everyone seemed to like Misha from Katawa Shoujo back when everyone was hyped about it, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about the bi elf dude from the first Dragon Age. But yeah a lot of them seem super paranoid about anything that could be seen as "pandering to SJWs", though they at least tend to give characters from Japanese games a free pass.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.