[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, did your parents guess you were lgbt before you revealed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 6v8tF37.jpg (254KB, 700x1082px) Image search: [Google]
6v8tF37.jpg
254KB, 700x1082px
Be honest, did your parents guess you were lgbt before you revealed it?

I'm ace but my entire family probably thinks I'm lesbian. I'm very butch, always have been, and I stand out even more because my family is very strict on gender roles. I also pretty much only write lesbian characters so yeah... I don't actually like girls though, or boys really.
>>
No, but I'm pretty sure my parents actively tried (& try) not to think about LGBT stuff.
>>
No, they expected me to be a straight boy but when I told them I like boys and I want to transition they were like "Oh, you do? Okay" and resumed their activities as usual as if I told them something boring about the weather.
>>
>>6937443
I never had to come out.
My dad caught me watching Electric Blue one night when I was 11.
On the upside that gave them time to deal with it.
>>
>>6937443
Parents were surprised I'm trans
Sister was "not surprised at all"
>>
>>6937443
Nope. To them I'm the perfect cis straight son who will get married and give them grandchildren. They always joke about me getting a girlfriend or about what girls I like.

It's funny because I look like a femboy and all the people I know think I'm trans + gay (which I am)
>>
My mom and dad always knew I was gay. They dont mind, and they accept me for who I am. The fact that I watched all of the fashion shows with my mom was a big tip off she says. I never had an interest in hunting or camping like the other kids, so that tipped my dad off. I was a book reader, and my dad loved reading with me.
>>
I wonder how unsubtle we really are.

One of my favorite comic artists, Sophie Campbell, transitioned a while back. In hindsight it didn't seem that odd. She did have a lot of lgbt characters and even one intersex character in her works. Likewise, that OOT streamer (Narci-something) seemed obvious in hindsight. I know cis men can wear nail polish too but still.
>>
>>6937443
my mother sometimes warned me before becoming transgender through middle school and high school, before I started hrt, whenever the topic of transgender came up on tv. But when I started hrt after high school, she went at me how I was always masculine etc. So, I dunno.

As for my father...I haven't seen him sine I was 17. He might have suspected im not into girls, but he definitely didn't think me a tranny.
>>
I'm a trans dude and I confuse my parents.

>pre-T
>come out
>I have a short afro, dress in plaid shirts and tees, wear jeans and sweatpants, no earrings, minimum perfume, no makeup
>mom says she should have known
>post-T
>long hair in ponytail, pastel colors, floral shirts, headbands and ribbons, prim and proper button down shirts and ties, occasional nail polish, would wear eyeliner if I could understand how to put it on, dress as effeminate as I can while still not crossdressing
>>
My family, friends and various others all kind of assume me asexual.
>anon if you ever came home with a boyfriend I'd be shocked
>I've got a brother who's probably gay, another who's half gay, another married with kids and anon who's... anon
>are you dating anyone? [no I'm not interested] so you're asexual then? [no] oh...
>[[joke about constant masturbation]] oh god that's even worse because it's you saying it
I just go with it, it's not worth discussion.
>>
>>6938630
I'm similar but not as extreme. When I was a girl I always wore blue jeans and a t shirt or hoodie and occasionally lip gloss at most.
now I wear different colored skinny jeans and tight fitting bright colored vnecks.
My gf once got mad at me because I called mascara "that brush that goes through your eye lashes". I legit didn't know what it was called.
>>
Gay and have yet to tell them I'm dating a dude. I have no clue if they have any clue. But any friend I've come out to was stunned and needed a minute to process it.
>>
Younger sister guessed I was trans all on her own, mom acted surprised even though she specifically sat me down whenever I want 14 and asked me if I felt like I should have been born a girl(she believed me when I denied it), dad thought I was gay and was conflicted as to whether or not this is better, cousin was thoroughly convinced I must be ~non-binary~ until I came out as actually trans and told them I think NB is a load of made up hoaky shit.
>>
>>6937443
Sister confronted me in my room when I was sad, I refused to say anything so she started guessing. Got it on guess 4, 'do you wanna' cut your dick off?'
>>
I think my dad has the idea in the back of his head but probably tried to justify his wanting of me being straight by every time I come back from going out with friends he says "So how's your girlfriend" and my mom is so far in denial and love for Jesus she wants all me and my siblings to be straight
>>
if they have any understanding of the concept of "trans," they know. i think my dad does, anyway, but i don't think he really cares. my mom'll probably be in denial even after i come out, and my brothers will be awkward about it but not disgusted or anything.

actually, they probably assume i'm a lesbian because i dress pretty male but have never been in a relationship.
>>
>>6937889
Oh man, I thought you were talking about John Campbell (pictures for sad children writer) at first, but that still kind of applies
>>
>>6941083

Nah, Kelly Campbell used to be her old name.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.