[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do transwomen have an entitlement issue? As soon as they begin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 1463696013550.jpg (121KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1463696013550.jpg
121KB, 576x768px
Do transwomen have an entitlement issue? As soon as they begin their transition, they seem to be expecting to be catered to, especially in their relationships, where among other things they expect to be treated like some sort of trophy wife. Why is this?
>>
nice generalization buddy
>>
I've found that transwomen (transmen seem to be less common) generally have very strict ideas of gender roles. They overcompensate for their perceived masculinity by going to one extreme. Why do you think so many of them have daddy fetishes and the like? Their platonic idea of a woman is one that stays at home, is subservient, and gets protected. I also hypothesize that a lot of transwomen also find the idea appealing because they get to be lazy stay at home spouses without the children. Its a lot harder to make something of yourself as a man, much easier to find someone to provide everything for you. That last observation comes from personal experience and is not a hard and fast rule, however.
>>
>>6933997
>Full grown male going through female puberty
>people surprised they are insane

The whole hormone thing aside, they are participating in the Oppression Olympics. All rights reserved to be a neurotic thin skinned self righteous cry baby
>>
>>6934057
hormones = female puberty
that's a quite a stretch considering you're talking about 18yr + male adults
>>
>>6934325
A change in your bodies hormones is changing you physically mentally emotionally.

its not exactly the same but its an apt analogy imo
>>
>>6933997

Transwomen are in love with the idea of being women. They will do anything that gets them closer to that ideal.
>>
Yes, a lot of transwomen over-feminine themselves. That's nothing new. They weren't socialized as women, so they don't know how women interact with the world outside of their previous relationships with them, and usually those relationships are somewhat negative due to envy or dysphoria keeping them from forming meaningful bonds with fems. Generalization, but I'm certainly not saying this is all transwomen.

They heavily overcompensate, and have a perfect image of what women act like. Coupled with the discrimination and negative experiences they've had during their hon times it's not unusual that they'd be kind of bratty once they're passing. They're confident, but don't know how to show it in a positive manner since they have likely never been confident with themselves before.

It just takes mtf like these a little bit to calm down and learn to channel everything in a less confrontational manner.

Sometimes the entitlement you're talking about stays, but then they were likely kind of a dick to begin with.
>>
I like qt transwomen as a dude. Reasons the ultra passive thing you mentioned and i would think most are nicer than the average biological female. They can't get preggo either, which is a plus for a dude who doesn't want kids. However maybe not a plus for them, if they wanted to be fully female. Which if you are MTF i could understand why. I haven't really even had sex with girls or guys or transpeople. Not really because i couldn't, but because I just haven't clicked with anybody.
>>6934023
>>
>>6934682
What if many cis-women are trying to shake off that 'ideal'? Personally I hate it and would be really angered if a man told me he wants me to quit work and dedicate myself to him and his needs. You can still say I'm an ugly masculinised feminist, I don't care. It just scares me how many people crave to be dependent.
>>
>>6933997
butthurt chaser thread #653664
>>
>>6936124
I never know how to explain to people like you that I just really, really love my spouse and would much rather stay home taking care of things, making food, and so on. It's sort of like "I love you so much I want everything around you to be wonderful and remind you of this."

Instead I work full-time and pre-cook dinner that we won't get to eat together.

Oh well.
>>
Look at all these buttmad chasers that have never been with trans girls in the real world..
>>
>>6936124
Then you should recognize that not all transwomen pursue this ideal and that there are many cis women who do. Neither groups are homogenous enough to generalize like that.
>>
>>6933997
Because we're entitled and deserve pampering. GET OVER IT
>>
OP sounds like a troll or just a butthurt person.

Speaking for myself, i was always feminine, i dont think i'm hyper feminine to compensate, and i have plenty of "male" interests.
that being said, in a relationship, yeah i do prefer and want to be catered to, because it makes me feel nice. i dont want to feel masculine or manly in my actions, especially in a pairing against a cis-woman. However, as much as i want to be catered to and doted on and treated like a princess, i treat/want to treat a female partner the same way.
Men, yeah men are the providers/hunters/etc so ii'm not going to be the same. i'm subservient in more of a cook and clean way. that is extremely typical of me, yes I know.
>>6936124
there are plenty of women trans and cis who want to be stay at home wifes/mothers
i went to high school with a dozen girls who all wanted to "be moms" and went to university to find a husband.
not saying thats common, but alot of people are okay with being supported/being a homemaker, and i dont think thats unreasonable.
i do think it's pretty fucking stupid for someone to /expect/ that of their spouse, since two working parents has become the standard
>>
>>6933997
We don't expect to be treated like trophy wives, we expect to be treated like normal women. Just from the chasers and bi guys I've dated their all either sex hungry, or complete pussies, and most of the time we're more men than they are. If we wanted to still feel like a man we would've stayed one. Most of the guys I've dated have me do all the asking and planning and are "too afraid" to make any sort of decision. Are transwomen more sensitive in some cases, yes, but we're not completely stupid and naive about our situation either. A relationship can't all be one sided. There's certain things that both parties should do that aren't really common place anymore it seems like. Asking about each other's interests, trying out each other's interest, spending time together, etc. Most of the guys I've gone out with I've felt like I'm either dating a rapist, or a woman. We don't expect guys to not want sex or have emotions, but honestly guys don't have any kind of middle ground it seems. The problem is that most of us are either so desperate for love ourselves we find a way to put up with the bad qualities of the guys we do find, while on the other hand there are a lot of us that get out of that state of mind and think we deserve the "tumblr husband" the one that's constantly okay with you being a man at one point in your life, and buying you shit and taking care of you all the time. Most of us aren't trying to be treated as trophy wives, most of us just want normal middle ground men and can usually see through the bullshit in a couple of minutes due to how much shit we've already gone through, just like any other human that's wised up because of past experiences. If you're interested in transwomen OP just look for the chill ones that want to have a couple kids and grow old together.
>>
>>6936167

let's say you really liked physics. Your goal in life is to become a researcher on the subject because you enjoy doing it and it makes you feel good doing it.

Then you meet someone and they tell you "would much rather stay home taking care of things, making food, and so on. You can't do the things you like, or be independent, but ill take care of you."

how does this make you feel?
>>
>>6936606
Your definition of normal women is limited and based in stereotypes.
>>
>>6936893
Prescriptive womanhood is a problem on both sides of this discussion, and it has been used by many regressive forces to make it harder for women to organize and collaborate. There is no reason that your wishing to be a researcher should conflict with Anon wishing to be a homemaker, should conflict with some other woman wishing to spend some of her years in both, one and then the other, or any number of other pursuits that are meaningful to her.

When someone starts saying that one life is more correct, or must be followed, that is what needs to be criticized.
>>
>>6936922
Thats how normal society works

>>6936944
Yep
>>
>>6936167
This is totally fine, but I've found a lot of people who claim that they want to do that simply want to remain NEETs and be provided for. Being a homemaker can take a lot of time and effort, but decidedly less so when there are no kids in the house and, let's just be frank here, transwomen can't give birth and are less likely to have kids running around.
>>6936252
>i went to high school with a dozen girls who all wanted to "be moms" and went to university to find a husband.
Transwomen cannot give birth. Adoption is totally an option, and if that's what they want to do more power to them, but I think its a silly goal to have, trans or otherwise. Maybe I'm an awful, hateful person, but a trans friend and I have often discussed that we fear lots of guys transition because they simply chase that ideal of being a homemaker and want to remain NEETs. I've met people like that, who claim they want to cook and clean for someone, and their homes are absolutely messy and they only eat precooked or packaged foods. I'm sorry if I'm a bit skeptical.
>>
>>6936998
If you think there are a dearth of trans women who want kids, adopted or otherwise, you're not in communication with many.

The rest of your comment, though, hints on a social ill that could stand elaboration. The work of maintaining a home and household, child rearing, and emotional labour in general, are greatly devalued. Much of it isn't even taught to many boys, and increasingly not to girls either. There are more than a few women, cis and trans, who take for granted the skills and attitudes that make maintaining a home/family WORK - who think they can pick them up at any time and need not make that a lifelong practice.

While their intent may - and should be assumed to be - genuine, they are lacking in awareness of the challenges they're seeking to undertake.
>>
>>6933997

OP is my ex
>>
>>6936998
>but a trans friend and I have often discussed that we fear lots of guys transition because they simply chase that ideal of being a homemaker and want to remain NEETs.
lmao what?
you realize thats retarded, right? Men dont want to be women so that they can be homemakers; and being a homemaker is actually alot of work.

My classmates were all cis, so the rest is moot.
>>
>>6936922
Why because I suggest that not all transwomen are assholes and that it takes an effort of two people in a relationship as well as expressing my own distaste for the efforts I've tried in certain dating pools.
>>
>>6937046
is she cis or trans?
>>
>>6936966
No, that's how stunted and clinically retarded people work. Yep. It's post like this that make it plainly obvious that transwomen and transmen are active advocates of rape and spousal dynamics that encourage rape. It's sad but true that all non-feminist women, including transwomen, should be raped in the form of the only "corrective rape" that works. I'm sure you can deduce why.

>>6936944
There are more legitimate ways of living, though. Transwomen and transmen as a large majority should be barred from dating and having relationships with anyone until they've had the opportunity (10-12 years post-transition) to mature into themselves and learn alongside their cis peers. It would be a learning experience that you would cherish, I'm sure.
>>
>>6933997
gay
>>
>>6937063
>and being a homemaker is actually alot of work.
Sure, I won't deny that, but it takes no formal training or education and is not competitive. Its an easy way out. If that's what you want, fine, but you're unlikely to get it as a cis guy.
>>
>>6937119
No, you've just now made an intensely cissexist post. Your life experiences are in no way more valid than any other person's, and your opinions on legitimacy suggest you need a lot of maturing yourself.
>>
>>6937143
Yeah and your partner has an opportunity to abuse you economically. Not that (s)he would do it necessarily, but that's possible. And that's why I can't understand cis-women wanting to be stay at home wives and transwomen seeking the same fate. You should be able to form a money reserve to abandon your partner painlessly.
>>
>>6936246
this . desu as a passing and attractive trans woman I'm a commodity. I don't even really want to be a housewife but my boyfriend wants to support me completely because he knows I'm worth it.
>>
>>6933997
Their whole identity is based on entitlement. They have an obsessive need for others to see them as something they are not to validate themselves.
>>
Transgenders are mentally ill, you people perpetuate mental illness and accept it whole-heartedly.
>>
>>6934023
Ewwww, daddy fetishes make me wanna throw up. I honestly feel like if someone wanted me to call them daddy, that would be a deal breaker if I was otherwise on the fence.

I think the only transwomen that have a belief in strict gender roles are older ones (think 50s+) and the self loathing ones on 4chan. That being said, some might act in a "stereotypically feminine" way , but often times that's just their personality, or may be in order to fit in better, or to desperately try to make themselves more appealing as a partner.
>>
>>6941340
well you sure helped by bumping a thread that was two hours dead.

moron
>>
>>6934325
Hormones are what causes puberty, yes. Not really a stretch when that is firmly established developmental biology.

>>6934057
>Implying I was full grown when I started hormones
>>
>>6937567
Not everyone is so pragmatic. In fact, its a minority of people that are. Love makes the world go round, and all that junk. Sure, some people crave, want, and need independence, but not all of us do. Humanity is a communal species, our societal relationships are based on varying degrees of dependency. If you try to force everyone to be the same high level of independent that you wish for yourself, people are going to crumple, fall apart, and even take others down with them.

The valuing of independence over relying on others is not something that is healthy for everyone.
>>
>>6933997
i'd like to be treated like a woman, yes
my boyfriend already does so, i dunno
don't think i deserve it since i'm not even past /cuteboy/, haven't even started HRT

>>6934023
one reason i want to go trans is i don't feel manly at all, weak and feminine, so that's a valid point i guess
i don't think i go to extremes about it? i just want to be loved
>>
>>6933997
>As soon as they begin their transition, they seem to be expecting to be catered to

Well they behave like women.
>>
>>6934057
>implying I didn't already pass before I started hormones
I actually made out with straight dudes in boymode half a year before I started hormones
My best friend talked to one of them the day after and told him and he said he had no idea
>>
>>6936124
It annoys me that trans women worldwide are expected to be the vanguard of feminism and risk their safety, privacy and personal freedom on multiple levels just to cater to whatever trendy feminist stereotypes typically privileged, economically well-off, educated first-world cis women project onto them. God forbid they stay at home and adopt children with a spouse they love because they choose to. Oh no they like wearing makeup and high heels how sexist! And dating MEN? And MEN want to date THEM? And MARRY THEM? THE HORROR!

>Personally I hate it and would be really angered if a man told me
>told me
Told you. Other peoples' choices about how to live their own lives and love their own spouses are none of your damn business. I mean for fuck's sake this is an lgbt forum and you're losing your shit about how other grown-ass adults you will never know personally live their lives and manage their relationships/marriages/families.

If you want to be a physicist, you can go right ahead and do it. You can denounce your boyfriend, or girlfriend, or whoever (because this is 2016) that would dare ask you such a question and fuck off to science town, get 50 college degrees, discover a new galaxy, do whatever you want to do with physics. You can also choose to be a stay-at-home spouse and care for your partner and your potential children if it brings you personal fulfillment and happiness. You won't, because you don't want to, but that's not the point. The key is choice, freedom.

How many stay-at-home moms do you think there in the world? Do you think they're all trapped against their will? Do you see all of the willing ones as evil uncle toms trying to undermine your career in particular and spread rape throughout the land? Do you think they somehow don't believe in equal rights for women because they keep house?

>>6941470
This. The entire reason we've survived as a species is cooperation and reliance on one another. Not everybody is you, nor do they have to be.
>>
>>6946305
I just tried to explain that there's no need to describe dependent behaviour as necessarily feminine. And transwomen are not obliged to adopt WORST characteristics which are considered to be feminine but in reality are just plain bad no matter what's the gender of the person displaying them.
Most of all I dislike clingy, needy, immature and dependent behaviour. I just think a person is more well-adjusted if (s)he is able to get rid of such traits. It's just a suggestion, not an imperative.
>>
>>6933997
I will obviously expect to be catered to.
I've put in a lot of effort, and so, he should be happy about it, and cater to me. Not be a douchebag who can't be mature and man-like.
>>
>>6933997

>As soon as they begin their transition, they seem to be expecting to be catered to, especially in their relationships, where among other things they expect to be treated like some sort of trophy wife.

Maybe if they're attractive and pass.
>>
as a trans women starting her transition: I am definitely an entitled cunt. working on it though.
>>
File: Lady.Thai.jpg (319KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lady.Thai.jpg
319KB, 600x800px
>>6933997

i think some transwomen believe that once they transition they will automatically be the gorgeous sexy female they always wanted to be and that men will be following them around begging to be with them and take care of them.

the reality is that not even real women get treated like that except in the movies or gossip columns.

i mean, even marilyn monroe was depressed and couldn't seem to find a man who treated her right.
>>
Seeing as everyone in this thread only sees and hears what they want to be true. Shyyggydt.
>>
>>6934682
>Transwomen are in love with the idea of being women. They will do anything that gets them closer to that ideal.
So is that ideal the ideal of a 1827 bourgeois woman? This really makes me think...

Are TS people so untimely and anachronistic when it comes to gender roles?

All this idea looks to me to be more culture driven than anything else.

On the one hand, body disphoria... ppl will do whatever in their power to change body. No matter what culture says about ppl of the oppsite sex.
On the other hand, there is a transgenderism that is chiefly culture-driven and hijacks prescribed roles that would better fit the patriarchy of old.
>>
>>6937567
thats not a priority to everyone.
and whos to say you dont just have money saved or set aside?
>>6938057
>as a passing and attractive trans woman I'm a commodity.
what makes you say this?
>>
>>6963654
>patriarchy
fuck off dude lmao
feminists are wannabe cuntboys
who cares what they think about gender
>>
my bf spoils the fuck out of me even though i'm just a /cuteboy/
i'm glad he's not incredibly handsome or anything because i feel i'm barely worth the attention he gives me as is :<
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.