[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't gone fulltime as a girl yet. How do I get a girly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1397434107519.jpg (38KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
1397434107519.jpg
38KB, 413x600px
I haven't gone fulltime as a girl yet. How do I get a girly haircut while presenting as a guy?

Is this the worst kind of hell?
>>
yo, I'm in the same boat as you

I'm just gonna level with my stylist the next time I go to the salon, he's a nice guy and probably really gay so I don't think he'll give me a hard time. I think the only way to go about this is to come out and say what you want, unless you're cutting your own hair.
>>
>>6930892
>stylist
I actually haven't had a haircut in 3 years, and I've moved three times since the last time I had a haircut. I don't know what to do
>>
>>6930878
Fugg I'm not even in your boat but I sympathize.

I haven't had hair cut in like 3 years myself. I'm not trans but just a really effeminate fag, and i want it cut but i don't want the length reduced all too much, and i'd like to have it be faggy and cute while not being a total girls cut, but also not a total guys cut. Hard to explain.

Either way it pains me and gives me heatenings to think of going into a hair salon and ask for a faggy hair cut, basically.
>>
>>6930894
get a razor comb and do it yourself
>>
>>6930894
>>6930911

eyyy cut it you caveman hobos!
>>
>>6930894

long hair =/= fem

if you have a billion split ends you are in a bad place, you should get it trimmed at least every couple months to not look like a total mess hair metal dweebus

for real get your ass to a salon, you will feel a lot better about your hair situation just having it looks nicer in general even if you dont want to take the plunge and level with the strange person touching your head about what you want exactly.
>>
How am I even supposed to know what kind of haircut will suit my face? I feel like just straight up asking them to give me some suitable female haircut is too ambiguous for the hairstylist? The only haircut that I might want is bangs but I think they won't fit into my square-face and side-swept bangs won't stay nice when walking outside with wind and everything?
>>
>>6930878
This is what I'm becoming afraid of because the last cut I got was almost a year ago and it was a standard boys crew cut so now my hair is like almost equal length off my head everywhere but it's pretty long so I just do a shitty parting for now ;-; I guess I'm just gonna wait till it's longer and find someone to cut it girly.
>>
>>6930958
I'm going to get almost all of it chopped off. It goes down my back and I'm going to have it neck or shoulde rlength. I just don't know how to tell a stylist that I want a girly haircut when I look like a guy. I don't want her to like 'guyify' my hair either to make it suit me better or whatever

I don't know what to say and I'm ashamed of my faggotry being exposed to other people
>>
>>6930967
just depersonalize
>>
>>6930967
so you'd rather look like ugly faggot then good looking faggot?
>>
>>6930977
No, I'd rather look like a good faggot, that's why I made this thread asking advice from people who may have been in the same situation once.

Why are you guys so mean
>>
>>6930988
the longest I've never cut my hair was a year in final year of highschool and I can't imagine how awful it must have looked

just go there, tell the hairdresser that you didn't cut them for 3 years because the idea of having short hair makes you feel awful, tell them to which length you want to have your back, side and front hair cut, and leave the shape-giving to them. They will probably remove a lot of volume from it all over, do not be alarmed by that, this is so that your head won't look like pumpkin

hairdresser is a human too, they can't read your mind and they aren't some sort of hairstyle experts either. so you have to tell them clearly what you want, else you might gets something that will make you cry(my experience)
>>
What world do you guys live in where barbers hate people?
Just go to a higher-end place and ask the stylist to give you something femmy.
>>
>>6931001(you)

also, during that time, I used my year-uncut hair as a way to create fake sense femininity, after I had it all cut off I realized how bad things are and that pushed me to start hrt. Please don't make the same mistake and don't grow your hair as a way of tranny escapism.
>>
>>6931007
it's not about that, it's about asking for female hair when you present as male. it's really hard to say "I want female hairstyle" when you look and sound like a guy
>>
>>6931013
they'll just think you're a femme bottom or something, it's fine

your stylist is probably gay anyway
>>
>>6931017
no, most hairdressers are female, and it's really hard to say that when in front of you there is your man self reflected in the mirror, contrasting with her feminine appearance. god forbid if you have some balding too.

I guess non trannies can't understand that.
>>
>>6931017
what fucking planet do you live on

The rest of the world is not like san francisco

Why are people on this board so disconnected from reality
>>
>>6931024
I don't live in San Francisco

[I live at least 45 minutes away]
>>
>>6931017
I had a gay hairdresser once in high school. He turned my longish hair into the faggiest thing you've ever seen. Go with a sympathetic girl, and bring in a picture of a girly haircut for them to go by.
>>
>>6931023
Anyone who is ugly or fat or funds themselves ugly in some way will understand that, ya dingus. Human emotions all draw from the same pool. Just because you have slightly different reasons for feeling like shit doesn't make the way you feel different.
>>
>go to salon
>my usual stylist has left the group
>take the available one
>"I want something kind of androgynous"
And then the discussion took off from there about what the hell I wanted from an androgynous hairstyle
It's been fun, I might go for a full pixie cut next time
>>
>>6931137
no, this is different. it's easier to say that you want to have pretty hairstyle when you are just ugly, then to say that you want to have the hairstyle of opposite gender

not only is it the matter of disphoria and self-acceptance, but also social pressure and other factors. For example, only because you are fat, or have acne, doesn't mean you can't as for good haircut. These things aren't related. However, gender and hair styles are very much related, especially if you are trans and you want to be treated-and treat yourself!- seriously, as opposed to being some sort of faggy drag queen who is prefectly fine with people treating it like a freak,
>>
File: DSC00666.jpg (3MB, 3496x3392px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00666.jpg
3MB, 3496x3392px
>>6930944
fuck off hairlet
>>
>>6931024
it's mostly teenagers on here
>>
>>6931748
>DSC00666.jpg
kvlt as fvck
>>
File: 3216t2436.jpg (123KB, 1213x681px) Image search: [Google]
3216t2436.jpg
123KB, 1213x681px
>>6930878
When I was still presenting as a guy I'd ask for an androgynous cut/style with long hair and I always brought pictures for reference. They never asked if I was trans or said a particular haircut is "too girly" or something awkward like that.

Just do it once and it gets a lot easier after that.
>>
>>6930878
1. find a picture of a woman with hair you like
2. go to a nice salon and hand them the picture and ask for that exactly
3. profit

Women do this all the time if they see a hairstyle on someone else they like, any competent stylist is going to be able to mimic hair from a picture. If you get questioned, pretend to be really into metal.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.