[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest FtMs, how many of you loved and/or religiously watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Be honest FtMs, how many of you loved and/or religiously watched She's the Man as a kid?

[spoiler]also stealth trans movies thread[/spoiler]
>>
I watched it a couple times when it came on TV but wasn't obsessed with it.
>>
It made me anxious when I watched it on TV like 5 years ago.
>>
It just pissed me off, I was mad jelly. Plus the entire nature of the plot revolves around her being a girl, feeling completely out of place, and scared of being found out, which isn't exactly the dream.
>>
>>6930678
my only memory related to the movie she's the man is that in sixth grade near the end of the year we were going to watch a movie voted on by the class and when the teacher announced she's the man was one of the possibilities everyone snickered and looked at me
i never watched it
>>
I didn't get it. I was like wait why would she go back to living as a girl at the end.
>>
>>6930678
Nah, I watched it but my cis sister was more into it.
>>
>>6930678
never heard of it til now, sounds boring. I'm not interested in movies about trans people esp if they're played by cis people. I'd much rather a documentary about an actual trans man
>>
>>6930678

im just a normal gay guy but i loved this movie, severely underrated. i got all my extended family into it and we tend to watch it whenever we visit.

its just such a fun film, a really good deconstruction of social dynamics and gender dynamics.

>>6931452

cuz she never wanted to be a man, she just wanted to be herself and taken seriously.

>>6931916

its an amazing film desu. its not about a trans person, its a typical 'i have to pretend to be my twin brother in order to achieve a goal' sort of deal.
>>
I only saw half of it. As a kid it probably wouldn't have interested me. I had no interest in tomboyish girls or masculinity until my tweens.
>>
anyone here watch hana kimi?

its a very similar plot to 'shes the man' but it deals with homosexuality in a much more blunt and open way.

girl wants to convince her favorite track runner to start running again, so transfers to an all boys school to get close to him and help him do it. they have a small history that gets explained over time.

shes of course in love with this guy.
another guy at the school who is presumably straight falls for the cross dresser, and starts to think he might be gay, but then discovers that he is actually a girl and gets all happy.

one REALLY great moment is one of the characters who are openly gay and clearly has feelings for their gang leader has a moment where they dive into his unrequited love and how its okay for him to be there as a friend and help him through life, even with dating girls, because thats how deep his devotion runs.

its a great show.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.