[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most trans timelines are complete shit at representing the average

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1471144012086.jpg (194KB, 745x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471144012086.jpg
194KB, 745x900px
Most trans timelines are complete shit at representing the average transition, and since I can't find valid information anywhere else, I'll ask here.

How long does it take to at least somewhat resemble a girl?
Like, I'm on my 8th month of HRT, and all I've seen is softer skin, fat redistribution to cheekbone area, increase in butt size, and loss of erection. I, by in large, still look like a boy, a slightly more feminine boy, but a boy non the less.
Is this the norm, am I going to see rapid changes in these coming months going into year two, or is my transition fucked?
Physically I'm like a less attractive Harry Styles, similar body type though (22, 5'10, 130lbs.)
>>
>>6913806
Some people it takes their entire lives.
>>
File: lDBLSVR.png (26KB, 1107x409px) Image search: [Google]
lDBLSVR.png
26KB, 1107x409px
>>
It's different for everyone because of genetics and whatever age you start at.
That's why there's no good measure of the "average" transition.

Unless you're ftm, in which case it's about 2-3 years to see 90% of the effects of HRT.
Because you know, we're superior after all.
>>
>>6913806
>How long does it take to at least somewhat resemble a girl?
There is no guarantee you will EVER resemble a girl, and of course as you get older you get more visibly male. Better come to terms with now.
>>
This varies for person to person. You could pass after months. You could spend years before passing.
>>
>>6913806
I've been on hrt for about 2 years now, at the 6 month point I had boobs and soft skin but that was all, at the 1 and a half year mark I started to see the fat in my face change notciabley. I'd say I could probably pass if I put effort in but haven't tried because of my situation at home. Point is I looked like a guy with soft skin for over a year before I actually started noticing more obvious changes "other then my chest" but I'm still noticing stuff changing now. on the other hand I was on 2mg Progynova and 100mg Spiro up till 6 months ago I started 4mg Progy and 200mg spiro.
>>
>>6914038
that's encouraging
>>
>>6914108
When I hit the 1 year point I was super depressed and freaking out that things were not changing enough after seeing all these timelines where people are cute in 6 months and pass in 13... but don't worry about it so much things will change at their own pace I guess. at least that's my experience anyway.
>>
>>6914327
I conveniently ignored that you were on a low AA dose for 1.5 years so maybe the time would be accelerated for normal...
but yeah i'm at like 10-11 months right now and losing hope. i'm probably too old. how old were you?
>>
If you don't pass a year in because of your facial features (and not style or something) you'll never pass without FFS.
>>
>>6913806
The effects of HRT are hugely over exaggerated in trans circles. HRT does a LOT for feminizing the body, but for the face, not so much. Most of what makes a face look male or female is due to bone structure. The tiny bit of fat redistribution that happens on the face due to HRT will make you look a slightly more feminine guy, but it won't magically make you look like a girl/woman. This is why, you're right, most timelines on the internet are complete horseshit.

99% of those starting after puberty has already begun will need FFS to pass completely. It's the sad reality. Most of the trips on this board will never pass outside of their carefully angled and lit photos. People want to pretend like it's not true and shame those who are only slightly older than them, but the reality is, whether you started at 18 or 25, you're almost guaranteed to need FFS to pass. So start saving money as soon as you can.
>>
>>6914443
I started at 20 and am doing fine in stealth, it's just a matter of genetics and how well your body wants to take the HRT.
>>
File: IMG_4587.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4587.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
depends on your genetics and make up skills
>>
Do people even post body timelines? Most that I've seen only show the face
>>
>>6914809
before
>straight on
>beard
>angry face
>shit lighting

after
>myspace angle
>no beard
>best smile
>perfect lighting
>heavy makeup
>>
>>6914376
I started at 20, sorry I missed that last part earlier and didn't reply.
>>
>>6914808
>depends on genetics and makeup skilly
This.
You can start your transition with 17 or even younger and be a hon when your genes are just fucked up.

>>6913806
>no good trans timelines
There are good timelines, OP. You may find some good timelines on - please don't hate me for this - a subreddit called "transtimelines".
>"I'm on my 8th month of HRT, and all I've seen is softer skin, fat redistribution to cheekbone area, increase in butt size, and loss of erection."
Good news for you: You don't see the full effects of HRT after eight months. Bad news for you: HRT does not alter your bone structure, the changes you've already experienced will just continue.
Just think of the puberty of a girl. A girl who is in puberty for about 6 months will not look like a woman.
Just give it time, but remember that HRT will not do everything for you.

>>6914443
Listen to this anon: HRT is not the magic pill that is going to solve all your problems alone. At least... for most of us it isn't. And yes, you can very well say that HRT is "over exaggerated in trans circles". But that's so because some trans people think that estrogen is the magic pill that is going to turn them into woman.
BUT FFS is over exaggerated, too, imho - at least on this board. There are some great FFS before and after pictures, yes, but I've also seen a lot of transwomen who got FFS without looking much different after it. And there are transwomen who look completely messed up after FFS, that should also be considered.
Don't get me wrong. FFS can do a lot, just like HRT can do a lot for you, but both are not doing magic.
I've seen trannies who pass after HRT,
I've seen trannies passing after HRT and FFS...
and sadly, I've seen trannies on HRT for who do not pass and also trannies who are on HRT for a long time and got FFS but don't pass.
>>
>>6919240
The terrifying reality here is that transitioning is very much a case by case basis.
>>
>>6919240
Those are all the physical tells, you also should point out that there are many many social and mannerism tells to work out.

As my transition continues, I find it easier and more natural to maintain my femininity in even awkward scenarios, and that has helped keep things cool so many times. You need to find a feminine voice, and if you don't talk, walk and move like a girl you are going to get people staring at you quite thoroughly.

And not only these do you need to work on, but also your approach to social interactions in general. Men and women have a very different way of initiating conversation and carrying it on.

There is just so very much to work on that it is daunting, but don't give up! As you go along it all becomes more natural as long as you can stay in good spirits and maintain your focus on the goals.
>>
>>6914820
before is spot on, but after just needs good lighting and angle
>>
>>6913879
uh you realize that if you're taking hrt you're pretty much undoing the whole "will get more visibly male" thing. In fact it's kinda a guarantee that you'll end up looking more FEMALE with age.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.