[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i "forget" im trans? I want to go full repression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 6

File: 1473891468318.png (39KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473891468318.png
39KB, 299x300px
How do i "forget" im trans?
I want to go full repression mode.
What should i focus on? Have any of you tried doing this? Will it work?
>>
>>6904233
Realise that transitioning almost never results in passing, realise that post and pre SRS suicide rates are identical.
Remind yourself that you'll never be a real women who can have children.
Accept this and make the best of it as a man.
>>
>>6904250
But this isnt enough, other trannies have to suffer the same.
I cant be the only one.
>>
>>6904280
Get T shots or something then.
Or come to terms with the fact that your 'trans' feelings are likely the result of either child abuse, being brought up by a single mother, or AGP sex fetishism.
>>
>>6904297
Ive know im trans since i was 7.
But i couldnt get in HRT, and i have remained closeted till this day.
But now it is too late.
>>
>>6904321
Nothing to do but nothing then.
>>
Get on HRT and remain boymode. Pretty good mental health effects senpai, don't listen to the other anon, he's a baka.
>>
>>6904386
I am not a baka! I'm trying to help.
>>
>>6904297
>being brought up by a single mother

fuck, does this really happen? I've been a questioning trans for so long and I have a single mom.
>>
>>6904413
>I've been a questioning trans for so long and I have a single mom.
Yep, likely to do with a subconscious desire to emulate your mother and distance yourself from the absent father. That combined with having no solid male role model contributes to the desire to 'become female'.
Sounds like psycho-babble until you realise the sheer volume of people the experience trans impulses who where raised by single mothers.
>>
>>6904427
woah, is there anywhere I can read about this?
>>
>>6904440
Not to hand right now, I'm about to go to bed.
A quick google search will set you on the right track though.
>>
>>6904445
thanks!
>>
>>6904386
Fuck boymode and fuck HRT.
Boymode reminds me of what i can never hope to be.
>>
>>6904250
>Accept this and make the best of it as a man.
So just be an effeminate gay?
>>
>>6904427
lol
>>
>keep your hair short
>lift weights
>get on testosterone
>smash all the mirrors in your house and cover the front camera on your phone
>do lots of drugs
>play lots of video games
>get a job that will not expose you to females
>cease all contact with all females
you should be ok after that
>>
>>6904297
>Or come to terms with the fact that your 'trans' feelings are likely the result of either child abuse, being brought up by a single mother, or AGP sex fetishism.
I thought AGP was just the result of the others?

>>6904427
>Yep, likely to do with a subconscious desire to emulate your mother and distance yourself from the absent father.
Explain further? I don't believe this.

>That combined with having no solid male role model contributes to the desire to 'become female'.
I think it's basically daddy issues like girls have, looking for a father substitute to fuck. Bit if you're male, the dynamic you're after only works if you see yourself as a girl. So that's what you do.

As for transbians, maybe they've repressed their daddy issues or maybe they have a different cause, like trying to emulate their mother as you said.
>>
>>6905359
AGP is the manifestation of trans in introverted, self-conscious, perceptive children
>>
>>6905379
>in introverted, self-conscious, perceptive children
Explain
>>
>>6905391
AGPs almost always have proto-AGP far before it becomes sexual. If you lack those characteristics, you'll blurt out how you "are a girl" and do girly things without paying attention or caring about how abnormal it is. AGPs don't do that and keep it bottled up, knowing that it's weird and should be suppressed and stay hidden.
>>
>>6905404
What is proto-AGP?

>AGPs don't do that and keep it bottled up, knowing that it's weird and should be suppressed and stay hidden.
Shit, it checks out.

So basically AGPs are less deluded than truetrans?

Why perceptive though? Because they can tell not to share how they feel?
>>
>>6905417
AGP without the sexual arousal. Sounds odd, yes.
Perceptive in the same way that high-intelligence children can recognize that telling lies could result in a better outcome for them, and so become better liars more quickly. They can recognize things like social roles and in combination with self-consciousness, also develop filters earlier.
>>
>>6905427
>AGP without the sexual arousal. Sounds odd, yes.
Examples please.

The becoming better liars and recognizing social roles sounds circumstantial. Much more so than introversion and self-consciousness.

What do you mean filters?
>>
>>6905427
My earliest agp memory is when I was 5 and I'm pretty sure I got aroused, I even masturbated (in an odd way, rubbing my penis against some surface)
>>
OP here.
Thanks to all but im just going to "attack" a cop.
Good luck on whatever you do.
>>
>>6905438
What was the memory?
>>
>>6905617
I did it several times before taking a bath, I would go and hide naked under the dining table and press one of the nails as it were a button, then in my imagination I would teleport to the alice's wonderland universe, there I was transformed into alice but I was punished for escaping that world (with spanks), that made me horny so I rubbed my penis against the table down there, I remember that one time my mom found me and I told her that I was the princess or something like that and she got kinda upset about it, so I guess I was pervert since then, good imagination though
>>
>>6905634
Wow. Yes, good imagination. Have you ended up transitioning? Do you roleplay as Alice online now?

>but I was punished for escaping that world (with spanks), that made me horny
Why is getting spanked so hot?
>>
>>6905437
for example (mine) having dreams wishing someone would come in the night and turn you into a girl

filters, like mental filters that separate your thoughts from what you share with the world
>>
>>6905642
I do have wishes to transition, no, I don't really care for the character anymore...
>Why is getting spanked so hot?
I don't know
>>
>>6905676
That introverted, self-conscious AGP explanation fits well, but I don't remember any proto-AGP.

I crossdressed before I fapped, but I think that was still post-puberty.
>>
>>6904250
this has been debunked 234234234 times

>>/pol/
>>
>>6905759
No study can compare pre/non-op and post-op suicide rates, because the only post-ops are the trannies who thought it was a good idea. There is no post-op sample for trannies who decided not to, so unless you play on some compulsory transitions, you can't cite those stats as a reason to transition to someone undecided.

tl;dr do your statistics scientifically.
>>
>>6904233
OP I have some facts for you. They may not be what you want to see. Sure you can "try" to repress by letting a hobby, sport, lifestyle, drugs/alcohol consume all of your time but gender dysphoria will never actually go away. You can stave it off for awhile. It could be years or maybe even decades. However it will be that thing that you store in your basement to forget about but when you come down to organize your basement you see your dysphoria box and all the feelings for dysphoria come back.

Here's another fact: Repression comes with a heavy cost if you ever decide that you cannot bear it anymore. The longer you hold off on transitioning the more likely you will effect people like family and children AND you are more likely to be a hon who beats themselves over the head for waiting till they're gray, balding, and hairy to do something about dysphoria.

Repression is the easy route but very likely will bite you in the ass years later. Transitioning is hard. It's really fucking hard. You will hate yourself at times. That's okay. Being a tranny is hard. But I can say that transitioning is the only way to stop you from having sleepless nights thinking what the hell is wrong with everything in your life.

So if repressing yourself is going to honestly make you happy and not always fearful of dysphoria rearing its head then good luck to you. You're going to need all the luck you can get. However if you actually decide that you have one life so why not humor your dysphoria and actually try being a woman for awhile. If being a woman honestly feels wrong then you figured something out and you have the rest of your life to live as a man. If it feels right then congrats you have a shot at being happy with your life without dysphoria weighing on your mind.
>>
>>6905918
>But I can say that transitioning is the only way to stop you from having sleepless nights thinking what the hell is wrong with everything in your life.
Growing semi-tits, crossdressing 24/7, getting a neovagina and telling people to respect my pronouns won't stop me crying myself to sleep wishing I was female.
>>
>>6904233
throw yourself into some masculine field of employment and reach the absolute top in it
then transition at age 40-50 after reaching it and watch the next generation of legbutts make fun of you for being an agp hon. repression won't last forever and you'll wake up every day once you've done it wishing you accepted things sooner, but being a high achiever in a masculine field -- and getting a wife and kids, can't miss that part -- is a medium-term solution.
>>
>>6906582
the next generation of legbutts are already going to make fun of op even getting on hrt today. 20s trannies are this gen's hons from the 16-19 y/o trannies. they'll learn when the next gen of 100% pre-puberty trannies comes along and does it to them
>>
>>6906570
>tfw just went over the pregnancy and neonatal care unit for class
>tfw i don't want to feel ever again
>>
>>6906587
as one of the teen trannies (though ftm, which makes my position both better and worse), that's only a quirk of the 2010s -- it'll reverse itself soon enough. the growing number of detransitioners are really, really angry they were given transition access during their teens, and when gender clinics who don't gatekeep are getting sued out of existence the 2005-2015 birth cohort are going to be envying people ten years older just as the people twenty years older than them do
>>
>>6906592
At least you stop being pregnant. If you're a tranny, you're a tranny forever.
>>
>>6906593
yeah i highly doubt that. of course some trenders are going to get mixed up, but the whole point is informed consent, which is a standard. they were given clear and unbiased information on what would happen, they consented (and were able to consent), and signed a waiver. there is no case
>>
>>6906746
there are already plenty of increasingly vocal voices about how transitioning in adolescence is the worst thing possible and they'll just get louder
an old friend of mine (who wasn't even a trender) is now a part of that and the movement she's spearheading is far, far larger than i thought it was, and growing rapidly
she did a pretty casual survey on the topic that was only open for two weeks and still got over 200 responses, and the results clearly showed people who wanted to clamp down on teen transitioning
>>
>>6904427
Single mothers are the absolute worst parents, the amount of mentally ill children and criminals they produce is staggering
I would happily outlaw single motherhood in a heartbeat
Feminism is a fucking cancer
>>
>>6906772
>I would happily outlaw single motherhood in a heartbeat
How could you even enforce that?
>>
>>6906763
the reality is that it will stay easy to get hormones on the internet. /lgbt/ hasn't existed for long, and now tweens browse here and learn how to self-med

most people have always been against transitioning at all, of course they're going to oppose teen transitioning. people still hate trannies, and some TERFs whining about having made stupid decisions isn't going to kill what's already in place. there is no legal basis for them to force it either
>>
>>6904233
I tried to repress with bodybuilding, which only made my eventual transition more difficult. It's been rough but FFS is really a saving grace. Why is it too late for you? Btw big bones/height don't actually stop you from passing if your face, voice, dress sense and mannerisms are good.
>>
>>6906789
Take women out of the workforce, abolish welfare, get rid of alimony
Done
>>
>>6906810
>Take women out of the workforce,
Too authoritarian and discriminatory for me.
>>
>>6906845
Stay at home mothers are magnitudes happier than career-women
>>
>>6906852
They can choose that for themselves. The problem isn't the law, it's the culture of making stay at home mothering feel wrong to women.
>>
>>6906898
>letting make life decisions
No
>>
>>6904427

Has anyone actually done research on this? I can't find any studies
>>
>>6906806
I believe my face is too manly.
>>
>>6906914
They'll let men make their life decisions themselves without alimony and welfare.
>>
>>6906658
I'm mtf. :(

I just wanted to die. Still kinda do.
>>
>>6905918
>Repression is the easy route but very likely will bite you in the ass years later.
Being an ugly non-passing tranny will bite you in the ass right away.
>>
>>6904233

You gotta hate trans

You gotta hate yourself.

You have to think being trans is so fucking disgusting, something only freaks would do. So in some way, you gain some sick twisted smug self-satisfaction in not doing it.

You also gotta browse craigslist and message trans women who aren't complete and utter cowards with messages like "hey my firs tiem wi a t-girl u up 4 suk and fuk?"
>>
>>6904233
the same way you "forgot", accepted and lived your live as your original gender like most people do

IE you don't because you're obsessed with your identity
>>
>>6904427
wrong for me. both my parents were distant. at least emotionally.
>>
File: Tie shoelaces.jpg (90KB, 494x551px) Image search: [Google]
Tie shoelaces.jpg
90KB, 494x551px
Why do you want to repress something like that? To do that would be repressing who you really are.
>>
>>6904427
So what about me?

Dad left when born, mom died when i was 4 and raised by my aunt and uncle?
>>
OP just transition and pass, eventually you'll "forget" you're trans and just live as a girl (or guy if you're FtM)
Also
>>6904250
>post and pre SRS suicide rates are identical
is a complete bullshit meme that somehow still hasn't died.
>>
is OP mtf or ftm?
>>
>>6913426
You have to forget about the meme that passing is a realistic goal for everybody
>>
>>6912224
if you don't like "who you really are"...
>>
>>6913460
OP is probably dead by now.
Too bad, because as someone who has been successfully repressing for almost a decade now I had some advice for them.
>>
>>6914568
Op here.
Im Mtf and chikened out on killing myself.
Talk please
>>
>>6914807
find a gender therapist
>>
>>6914807
OP i repressed for 11 years by believing in reincarnation and telling myself I incarnated as a male for a reason and I decided to explore what that reason was. It didnt work. It set me way back and I'm actually happy for the first time in my life after transitioning.
>>
>>6914831
Cant do that.
Im living with my parents and theyre pretty conservative and transphobic.
>>6914837
I almost did the same.
I tried to convince myself in reincarnation so i could "reroll"
>>
>>6914850
ugh okay yeah I see where you're coming from
I used to be there

how old are you?
>>
>>6914858
17 almost 18
And way too manly.
>>
>>6914868
>actually believes repressing at 17 will work for her in the long run
get off /lgbt/ until you've been on hrt for a bit, if you want a trans community go to reddit, they're awful but their view of age and transitioning is less fucktarded than that of the legbutts
buy whoremoans from shady internet pharmacies if you have anything resembling money, if you don't then fucking beg borrow and steal for it
enjoy your whoremoans and live your life as a stealth woman
alternately, just repress in misery for as long as you can while knowing full well you PURPOSEFULLY REJECTED having a better life...but you won't do it forever. you can transition at 17 or 47. which will it be, fampai?
>>
>>6904233
I haven't had time to think about being trans the past month working on mine and my buddy's cars, so perhaps you should completely reassemble a car out of two other cars.
>>
>>6914940
believe me, fully transitioning would be easier than that shit again.
>>
>>6914868
it's not the end of the world, you'll be fine
>>
>>6904440
Have two parents, but early development was in two different foster arrangements plus my mother. I am adopted, and grew up with dissociation due to dysphoria, wanting to be mtf. I was 6 months old. The foster care was due to neglect.
>>
>>6914868
>>
Are you straight, lesbian, bi or what?
>>
>>6904297
>Get T shots
Even if you dont want to transition, for whatever reason, NEVER do this. Its a horrible idea, and will make your life so much worse if you do it.
>>
>>6904427
>Sounds like psycho-babble
Because it is. There is no demonstrable connection between the two, all you are doing is pontificating on anecdotal evidence you haven't even provided. Even a sociologist would find heavy flaws with your reasoning.
>>
>>6905676
cosplay is wonderful. It's how I found o enjoyed cross dressing. I dressed as Marisa Kirisame once... It felt too right, and I realized I need to transition. I had dysphoria badly at one point and repression results in worse suffering. I have repressed for 5 years and I do not recommend it anon. I am the one who talked about wanting to dress like a goth girl in one of the threads, and being in Christian upbringing. The pain is worse the longer you repress it. Free yourself from your fear. You will never be yourself if you repress who you are.
>>
>>6914928
Okay im doing it, i have a chance now.
At 47 i already know the outcome.
>>6914988
Thanks a lot.
>>6915012
I Just feel that way some days.
>>
>>6914868
i feel you fampai. i was in your shoes 2 years ago. i started blovkers then, but i mean you might look like a man beast, but ppl will still hugbox you.
t. 19 year old hon.
>>
File: 1473647050070.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473647050070.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
>>6904233
Maybe just work on accepting the body you have?
Shit, man, there are lots of people born missing limbs or with paralysis.
Just embrace your condition. Learn to find joy in your gender role. Find some poetry describing the beauty in it. Work hard. Don't give up. Believe in yourself. \
This doesn't have to be a defeat, dude. I'm rooting for you.
>>
>>6913426
>just transition and pass
So simple! Where do I sign up?
>>
>>6906772

...you realise most single mothers are only single because the father's a dead beat, right?
>>
File: 1469691459788.jpg (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469691459788.jpg
415KB, 1200x1200px
>>6915379
>>
>>6915405

She wouldn't be single if the father didn't leave tho?
>>
>>6915486
Women are the usual initiators of divorce, and men are hit harder emotionally by divorce. Not to speak of any judicial shenanigans. The real indicator that women are awful, is that children raised by single fathers don't turn out 1/10 as fucked up.
>>
>>6915513
literally wat
>>
>>6915513
>The real indicator that women are awful, is that children raised by single fathers don't turn out 1/10 as fucked up.
That's completely beside the point though.

Do you realise how much women bitch and moan about having to be a single parent? Most people don't do it by choice, but out of necessity. Yes, men can get royally fucked over for custody, but the majority of women won't want to do that. Every one of us is also perfectly capable of grabbing a kitchen knife and killing someone, but most of us don't want to do that. Just because women CAN fuck men over (which, yeah, they shouldn't be capable of doing), just because a minority of irredeemable cunts DO fuck men over, doesn't mean that's the case with the majority of people.
>>
>>6915614
>i hate facts
>>
>>6915379
So the problem is just mothers, but a father can counteract it if present?
>>
>>6904233
>"forget" I'm trans

bruh check out this dood
>>
>>6914868
>tfw knew around 16/17 and still repressing
>19 now

i want to die everyday but it's too late and way too scary to even think about transitioning

plus im fat and it would take me like a year to lose enough weight to take hrt
>>
>>6916284
>19
>too late
i recommend to you the same i recommended to OP -- get over yourself and decide whether you want to become a woman at 19 or 49, because you don't have any other options
also, unless you are literally a candidate for 600 pound life, obesity is not a contraindication to hrt. you should definitely lose weight, but you can do that in an estrogenated system too, it's just harder. if all else fails take adderall
>>
File: kana.png (147KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
kana.png
147KB, 300x367px
Are you suggesting that dysphoria is a self-perpetuating victim complex?
>>
>>6916312
i weigh like 290 @ 6'0, so I'm definitely a fat fuck

i used to be less fat but i guess i eat because of being sad

and the biggest thing that scares me is saying how I feel or revealing any part of myself to anyone

i don't want to have to explain (to a therapist or my parents) how I feel

plus a therapist would probably tell me I have all sorts of other problems (maybe)
>>
>>6916353
>i guess i eat because of being sad
so transition will also come with weight loss as a side effect! excellent
i understand that telling people things is scary and awful, i relate to that, but you cannot realistically go throughout your life without divulging your soul to people and it will only get harder the longer you go
>>
>>6916360
>but you cannot realistically go throughout your life without divulging your soul to people

I mean I've gotten through so far. It doesn't feel good because I'm never genuine and feel like I'm playing a part and like I'm not a real person, but it's hard for me to associate my body with myself anyway.

And I'd be worried about a therapist because I just go to college and sit in my room, and I don't really know how to socially interact well. They'll probably tell me I have depression and anxiety and aspergers and a bunch of stuff. And if they asked me if I wanted to kill myself I don't want to get forced into a mental health facility against my will.
>>
>>6916371
just because you're getting treatment for sex discordance doesn't mean you'll be forced to take psychiatric drugs at gunpoint (absolutely never take psychiatric drugs, btw) -- even if you're diagnosed with something in the course of gender therapy you don't have to accept treatment you don't want
also regarding suicidal ideation either lie or claim it is something you've experienced in the past but that you don't have a plan for and don't plan to actually do. they can't institutionalize you for 'once thought about killing herself', only 'will actively attempt suicide when she gets home', so claim the former even if you're closer to the latter
also if you're mtf and diagnosed as being at a point on the autism spectrum previously associated with 'asperger's' and similar, it's almost certainly a misdiagnosis. autism is related to elevated prenatal testosterone and thus is less common than the general population in mtfs, though far more common in ftms (which can be confirmed by the fact that autistic trans men occupy even severely disabled points on the spectrum)
>>
>>6916384
>also if you're mtf and diagnosed as being at a point on the autism spectrum previously associated with 'asperger's' and similar, it's almost certainly a misdiagnosis. autism is related to elevated prenatal testosterone and thus is less common than the general population in mtfs, though far more common in ftms
This really sounds like pseudoscience.
>>
>>6916384

I have a brother that got diagnosed as aspie, and sometimes it seems like I fit the symptoms but I can't tell whether things are caused by being an aspie or just not caring and feeling emotionally dead and not talking to people much.

idk
>>
>>6916392
look into it for yourself. the positive-for-ftms association is stronger than the negative-for-mtfs one, but both exist and logically lead to each other
even non-autistic trans men score high enough on tests of autistic features that they outscore every other non-autistic gender/sex category
>>
>>6916400
But correlation != causation. The testosterone hypothesis has no connection to these apparent statistics. For all we know, autistic females are just less likely to enjoy femininity and therefore more likely to become ftms, and vice versa for mtfs.
>>
>>6916411
>autistic females are just less likely to enjoy femininity and therefore more likely to become ftms
that really doesn't match with what we know about the etiology of sex discordance, which matches up much better with the 'elevated prenatal testosterone at brain development' hypothesis of both autism and ftm sex discordance
>>
>>6916412
Considering both autism and dysphoria cannot be medically diagnosed, only psychologically, I don't think we can really say the etiology of either matches the prenatal test theory.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.