[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, I can only think of one character who was introduced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

You know, I can only think of one character who was introduced as one sex then transitioned during the series (pic related, Kei from Moyashimon). Most trans characters are revealed fo be trans either in their introduction or shortly after they're introduced. I'd like to see more examples one day of characters who seem cis but are either revealed to be trans later or transition later.

Are there any current characters you can see being secretly trans?
>>
File: urarua.jpg (38KB, 564x796px) Image search: [Google]
urarua.jpg
38KB, 564x796px
>>6902514
Idk, Ruka Urushibara from steins gate? I've watched it long ago but iirc he want's to be a grill (and already looks like one) and it even has it's impact on the story (changing the past)
>>
>>6902514
I could but it's a heavy spoiler

basically if a character turns out trans late on it's always a spoiler
>>
>>6902539

What's so secret about Ruka?
>>
>>6902552
Nothing but i never see he being mentioned at this kind of threads.
>>
File: anasui ftm.jpg (225KB, 561x593px) Image search: [Google]
anasui ftm.jpg
225KB, 561x593px
Anasui, the main protagonist's love interest in Part 6 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is originally introduced as the woman on the left then later in the story becomes the man on the right.

It's not clear if he's actually FtM or if the author just changed his mind and retconned his gender without an explanation though.
>>
>>6902565
Please. Everyone spurges overs Ruka here
>>
>>6902552
Spoilers
He have a dick
>>
File: ftm.jpg (817KB, 1067x1023px) Image search: [Google]
ftm.jpg
817KB, 1067x1023px
>>6902602
Oh, also this happens in the same arc.
>>
I headcanon that Mabel is trans. The only issue with this theory is that we've seen her presenting as female as a toddler. The youngest trans person I know is 5. Then again, maybe her parents let her dress up as a girl from a very young age.

Dipper as trans is another thing that pops up. It's not unusual to see short haired girls, especially to distinguish identical twins. Alas it makes Mabel making fun of his masculinity her being an arse.
>>
>>6902514
Yasu
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 280x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 280x340px
?
>>
>>6902514

Kei isn't trans tho, he's just gay. I forgot why he crossdresses tho but later in the manga, I'm pretty sure he just says he's gay.

No I don't have source or proof, I just remember reading it on /a/.
>>
>>6903163

/a/ thinks Mutsuki is cis despite him literally saying he feels male. They're not exactly a pro-trans board.
>>
>>6902920
Buckle up buckaroos
>>
File: 383838.png (464KB, 1280x1765px) Image search: [Google]
383838.png
464KB, 1280x1765px
Riley has both male and female emotions. She's also tomboyish and a bit androgynous looking.
>>
File: 1447708421-leon1.jpg (1MB, 800x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1447708421-leon1.jpg
1MB, 800x1151px
One of the characters in Prague Race is revealed to be trans several chapters after their debut.

I feel that post-transition/"trans but it's nbd" side characters are becoming more common, especially in small indie series.
>>
I'm pretty sure the webcomic Ignition Zero didn't properly reveal Nev was nonbinary for a while.

>>6902920

Garrinson was a gay man who simply loathed being gay and decided to become a straight woman.

Tbqh, I think the series missed a mark by not making Wendyl permanent.
>>
>>6904415
I've been catching up with that comic every few months for about a year and have no idea what you're talking about.
Link to the specific page?
>>
>>6906465
Here: http://www.praguerace.com/comic/oh-oh

Note the binder mention.
>>
File: ElGoonishShive_tedd.png (149KB, 700x1170px) Image search: [Google]
ElGoonishShive_tedd.png
149KB, 700x1170px
Tedd from El Goonish Shive is introduced to the comic as a perverted, girly looking, straight man who uses sci-fi gender-changing technology for comedic hijinks. Then nearly TWO THOUSAND pages of comic & character development later, is confirmed to be a self conscious, jerk-with-a-heart-of-gold trans person.

...it was a lot of character development.
>>
>>6907874

Wait, what? Why did no one tell me about this? Last time I checked he was just a trap, not trans. That was a few years ago.
>>
File: tumblr_lpa9ycZqT51qeumowo1_500.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lpa9ycZqT51qeumowo1_500.gif
500KB, 500x375px
I actually drop any series that have transgender characters.
I have been reduced o watching happy SoL and old mecha cartoons.

MtF here.
>>
File: moretedd.png (888KB, 1255x918px) Image search: [Google]
moretedd.png
888KB, 1255x918px
>>6907881
http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1895
Two years ago! This being 4chan the fact that they're nonbinary will probably piss people off, but I was psyched to see it confirmed in comic with actual words.
>>
>>6907874
>>6907881
>>6907956
gender fluid seems to be the best descriptor for Tedd. There's clear demonstrations that Tedd likes being both genders/sexes. Tedd just happens to have naturally androgynous features and when male, doesn't fit into the sports dude stereotype like Elliot, who sees transformation as escape, not self-expression (or at least used to).
>>
>>6907956

I'm genderqueer myself and I always like seeing nonbinary characters, but I miss more commercial/mainstrram ones existed. Webcomics can be made by anyone and it feels like most trans characters in webcomics are made by trans people; so they're preaching to the choir.
>>
>>6908480
Yeah, I agree. I had Tedd pegged as genderfluid before it was confirmed canon in those pages I posted.

>>6908554
I don't mind the preaching-to-the-choir aspect of it, I love reading comics with nonbinary and other characters, and when a trans person writes them they always turn out more realistic depictions. But I agree that it would be really nice if they existed in mainstream media. It would be nice to feel normalized, y'know?
>>
>>6904415
That's honestly a pretty big downer. I've been keeping up with The Hiveworks ever since it was started, about four years ago. Whenever a comic introduces an LGBT subplot I lose almost all interest.

So far I'm down to Saint for Rent and Guilded Age.
>>
>>6909101
I wouldn't call that one offhand comment about one character a "subplot." There's still Tapio and Untamo's subplot, though.

I like a lot of comics with LGBT themes, but to each their own I guess.
>>
Terrible example from a terrible show, and I'd stopped watching well before this happened, but Coach Beist on Glee was apparently rewritten as a FtM transgender man and transitioned to male in the show. Despite the fact that at least a season's worth of character development had been dedicated to exploring how much it hurt her when people saw her as a dude just because of the way she looks, specifically because she so valued her womanhood.
But nope, she's masculine, she must secretly be a dude on the inside, lord knows no FtMs are faggy and no cis chicks are butch, no sir.
And the way she was treated as a butch woman was horrific from the very beginning. I mean, they literally wrote a story about how this 40+ year old woman had never been so much as kissed in her entire life because she's "so ugly." As if there aren't plenty of women who look exactly like her (like, yknow, the actress) who do fine for themselves, as if fucking Coach Tanaka wasn't about to MARRY that cutie patiootie in season 1. Not to mention the "haha look Coach Beist is so weird and gross in this scene we wrote to be weird and gross and funny - OMG you monster how could you laugh at that scene we wrote to make you laugh, makes you think don't it!" episode.

Urgh. Sorry. Glee just makes me so mad.
>>
>>6907874
So is basically supposed to be a femboy with magic/tech who can turn into agora at will?
>>
>>6914875

They should have revealed Kurt is trans. I know many, many people theorized he was ftm.
>>
>>6903163
doesn't japan's have slang for gay that works for trans too?
>>
>>6907956
>I'm happy because I found a label
I can't help but see that message...

>>6907893
I really hate cartoon magic ffs
>>
File: Ranma.png (82KB, 224x170px) Image search: [Google]
Ranma.png
82KB, 224x170px
Does Ranma count? Introduced female, but revealed to be a man with a curse.
>>
>>6917089

Ranma is a cis boy. He just has a genderswap curse.
>>
>>6916595

But his dad referenced him being a girly 3 year old boy in one of the first episodes, that's a hella early transition. And he's so uncomfortable with Kurt being gay and girly to begin with, no way would being trans not be an issue.
>>
>>6918479

Eh, he could retroactively be referring to him as male even when he lived as a girl.
>>
>>6916595
If anything, it would have made more sense for Kurt to come out as mtf than ftm. His struggle to come out to his dad as gay alone pretty much leaves no room for an early ftm transition.
>>
>>6917089
this is 100% why i accepted my self when i fell in love with traps.
>>
Has anyone seen Predestination?
>>
>>6902552
From what I recall he's introduced as a guy that simply happens to look like a girl and at least in the game MC actually explicitly misinterprets his behavior as being embarrassed of his feminity/not wanting to be a femboy and is kinda shocked when he finds out it's a tranny
I mean it's all MC's thought commentary so you can ignore it and assume Ruka is trans but the story does try to lead you to think "he" is an accidental trap

>>6902715
>there's yet another male looking guy in the line behind him
they must have a lot of ftms in that universe

>>6902602
I wish they left him as a girl, he was much hotter

>>6902920
Didn't he go back to being a man?

>>6917089
>tfw didn't get into ranma as a kid because you assumed it's some dumb generic romcom and female ranma is just his twin or something
If only someone told me I'm still angry to this day

>>6922606
Yeah we actually had a full thread about it
It was good but I think how they tried to make it explicit that the trans character already had gender dysphoria as a girl was weird, not the whole idea of hinting he was trans all along, but the execution was a bit halfassed and awkward
The original story somehow came off as more natural without ever explicitly suggesting he had any discomfort with his gender before sex change and frankly I think paradoxically it would work more for the movie too
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.