[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Read that recent study everyone keeps posting (A Review of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Literally me right now tbh fams.jpg (418KB, 900x587px) Image search: [Google]
Literally me right now tbh fams.jpg
418KB, 900x587px
>Read that recent study everyone keeps posting (A Review of the Status of Brain Structure Research in Transsexualism)
>It strongly suggests that while pre-HRT MtFs only attracted to men are actually partially neurologically intersexed other pre-HRT MtFs have brains which are largely identical to those of men
>Am a non-androphilic closeted MtF aspirant
The ONE point of light is that this study's conclusions regarding non-androphilic MtFs are based on exactly one limited past study which found just that and has never been replicated so far. Further research is required to verify this. It might take years until someone actually gets to it.

Ever since I read this thing I've become a nervous wreck. How can I even continue existing while I'm unsure about whether I'm legitimate or, well, delusional?
>>
>>6897132
your desires are legitimized by how much you are willing to sacrifice to make them come true
>>
>>6897151
this post is deep as fuck
>>
>>6897562
m8 after all the shit I came through to get my way there is no way I'm going to stop only because someone proved transgenderism not to be neurological in origins
>>
>>6897597
You're seriously badass and I wish I had your courage.
>>
>>6897610
That's because my story is different then most transgenders. Rather then questioning if I want to be a woman, I just looked in a mirror and cursed what I saw. My goal was to prevent testosterone from changing me further, and I've learned about HRT by accident while reading up about chemical castration on the internet.

From this I know that even if I lived in a world without hrt and legitimized transexuality, I would still do something, no matter how radical or harmful it would have been. I didn't need to ask anyone's diagnosis nor approval when I started self medding.
>>
>>6897132
NonAndro was with fifty year old men who hadn't yet transitioned, more important variable desu. It's near worthless as controlled studies, that's why it's only one trash journal publishing this.

And most early transitioners like Jazz are bi so it doesn't hold up. It's mostly aw groups.
>>
>>6897597
It's a review from a journal mill citing an old study they published that didn't have controlls and only looked at old men. It's self citation to raise their impact.

The editors in Nature or any respectable journal would laugh if you submitted such a thing.
>>
>>6897132
>Cortical thickness and diffusion tensor imaging studies suggest that the brain of MtFs presents complex mixtures of masculine, feminine, and demasculinized regions, while FtMs show feminine, masculine, and defeminized regions.

How does this at all imply that being trans has no neurological basis?
>>
>>6897639
Damn Anon you're too cool to be posting on 4chan I'd read a book about you.

>>6897662
>>6897675
This honestly makes me feel way better. Thank you. I'm finding it really hard to research this subject because I'm not sufficiently science-literate to tell bogus studies apart from legitimate ones. It doesn't help that so many groups have clear political agendas in mind and so are actively trying to deceive people.

>>6897690
That's exclusively androphilic MtFs.
>>
Is that Giygas?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.