[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For all the MTFs here - and cis lesbians, I suppose - how do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: armenia-ann11-1.jpg (717KB, 1403x1080px) Image search: [Google]
armenia-ann11-1.jpg
717KB, 1403x1080px
For all the MTFs here - and cis lesbians, I suppose - how do you cope with being told you're not "girly" enough? All the time, I get unsolicited advice from the women in my life about my hobbies and sense of style being too masculine. Used to be, I didn't see the relevance - something about breaking gender roles, given how I was then - but now I'm beginning to wonder if these things are really impacting my ability to pass as a woman.

What about you gals?
>>
Not performing sufficient feminine labor will almost certainly impact your ability to pass for conventionally feminine, yes. In other words: pluck your damn eyebrows girl
>>
>>6895470
Oh, she's not me. My eyes will never be that pretty.
>>
>>6895460
>I'm a man not acting or presenting as a woman
>somehow people don't see me as a woman.
>>
>>6895460
Well cis lesbians aren't insecure about their sexuality because they are actual women. Stop putting them in the same basket as if your manly hon ass is on the same level as a cis girl liking vidya and having short hair.
>>
>>6895481
I know that isn't you and I also know you need to do your eyebrows. I'm psychic like that.
>>
>>6895483
No no no, you misunderstand. I do present as female, it's just that I'm not the sort to wear sundresses and get my nails done in the afternoons. I've always been more comfortable wearing a tank top and shorts and working with my hands.
>>
>>6895487
You're not wrong. I've been putting it off because it hurts like hell.
>>
>>6895497
Don't worry about it too much, you'll get desensitized to it pretty quickly. Just look up YouTube tutorials and don't worry too much about getting it 100% perfect either, as long as you don't butcher it, imperfectly managed eyebrows are going to look better than untamed ones.

I don't quite know if you're butch or just finding excuses for not putting in effort but either way, you are gonna catch flak for not being feminine enough. Welcome to the dark side of gender policing I suppose.
>>
>>6895460
you're gonna need to post some pictures so we know what we're dealing with here
>>
>>6895460
I just brush it off.
>not into fashion, prefer simple and comfy
>don't like make up
>hair is just long, no particular style
>mechanic and auto enthusiast
>sweet guns from man handling wrenches
>a lot of days I'm dirty as fuck from laying under a car all day and wearing a beater, cargo shorts, and flip flops

A few tips I use to be more fem with zero effort you might find useful:
>only have a few cute outfits that I just cycle out but they look like they took more effort to coordinate/ look more expensive than they are.
Skirts and tops are awesome for this, I get so many compliments on my favorite outfit saying its very stylish or whatever. Top was a gift, skirt was $10, a handful of cheap silver colored bracelets, cute necklace, and some beat ass old chucks for contrast to make it seem hip or funky or whatever when in reality they're just a pair of old shoes I have owned for years. Takes less than 10 minutes to put it on and it's really loose and comfy.
>take great care of your eyebrows, find an awesome shape and keep them fresh, only takes like 10 min a week and makes you look way better
>make up sucks but mascara + color in your eyebrows takes 60 seconds and just add a little something
>just try to mix it up, I don't wear cargo shorts everyday but I probably would if I wasn't trying to be seen as female
>I think I said this already but it's important just make like 3 really cute outfits you can wear anywhere in any weather and just cycle them out
Takes no time to decide what to wear, since you only have 2-4 outfits each one should be well thought out, keep them light enough for summer then just add layers ass it gets colder, jacket for fall, coat and leggings for winter.
>black flats match everything and high top chucks contrast nice outfits for a hipster look

This ended up being a really long post but maybe you'll find some stuff useful.
>>
>>6895517
Also! Get your hair cut into something simple. Last time I had it cut I just had it cut evenly at the bottom and had layers added so it stops looking like a penis head. I always either wear a high pony tail which is high fashion and simple or I brush it to the side with my fingers.

pic is what I mean, I don't have crazy ass curls or anything but it still looks good.
>>
>>6895517
>>6895526
Not too long at all! I appreciate the tips, especially since you and I seem almost cut from the same cloth. (I'm also an auto enthusiast with an ancient pair of chucks.)

It's weird. Like, I've never been drawn to the idea of being cute - at least not the bubbly kind of way, if that makes any sense. It just sucks that that's what's expected of transwomen, because those of us that don't conform to that mold are the weird ones that get questioned and doubted the most. My mom is especially bad about that, which is...really disheartening.
>>
>>6895822
Absolutely, it seems like if you keep any shred of who you were people doubt your legitimacy. I don't know about you but I changed very very little through transition. The only thing I really changed was my voice and my choice of clothes 50% of the time.

It took me a few years to figure all that shit out and I'm really happy it was useful for someone else so you don't have to get it the hard way. I can almost guarantee people will take you more seriously and see you as more feminine and it takes close to no effort after a few initial investments. Kind of like transition tips for the butch and lazy.
>>
>>6895460
I just dealt with being a tomboy anon. What's the point in wearing makeup if all I really do is sit inside and play video games?
>>
File: rare smaug.png (194KB, 478x380px)
rare smaug.png
194KB, 478x380px
>>6896035
you actually play video games?
oh you must be a transbian
>>
>>6896050
>he posts an anime reaction images
>he calls someone else a transbian
Pottery.
>>
File: 2016-03-06_00003.jpg (212KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-06_00003.jpg
212KB, 1440x900px
>>6896050
I'm cis anon. But you can believe that if you like. I'd still beat you at any game. Except mobas, and mobas aren't even fun, so if you like those I dunno what to tell you.
>>
Whats the reason that mtfs act like men and have masculine jobs and hobbies

and ftms act like women and have feminine jobs and hobbies?

socialization cant be the reason because there are gay men who act like women and lesbians who act like men regardless of their socialization
>>
>>6896130
>he is too retarded to realize this is just ironic smugposting and not anime posting
transbian confirmed
>>
>>6896166
well, ftms tend to be gay and mtfs tend to be lesbian
>>
>>6895460
>and cis lesbians, I suppose
Nobody ever tells me that since I started dressing more andro, people only really complain when they assume you are girly and you break their expectations

If I act too masculine (at least I assume that's the reason, maybe I just act autistic) they just straight out accuse me of being a tranny but that's only on the internet really (though kinda common I guess)
>>6896166
>socialization cant be the reason because there are gay men who act like women and lesbians who act like men regardless of their socialization
There are MtFs that act like regular women and FtMs that act like regular men too, if socialization is the main cause nobody said it's gonna affect everyone the same, you know what they say about exceptions making the rules

From my experience majority of gays act more like their birth gender and have similar hobbies to the tranny stereotypes present on 4chan even if they're normally classified as femme gay men or butch women (video games and anime for femmy gays and SJW stuff for butches basically), they're only really gender nonconfomring on the surface
People who actually act like the opposite sex are extremely rare even if you include closet trannies
>>
>>6896166
Remember that if an mtf or ftm have any little quirk related to their birth gender, it is usually blown up as 'proof' that transgenderism is faux. It is expected and sometimes demanded that people act like a feminine/masculine stereotype. I'm ftm but used to live in Asia, where I learned to sit with crossed legs during discussions. I still do this, and people always point it out as it's not common for men. I think it's worse for mtf because a lot of masc behavior is normalized for both genders, unlike opposite, so acting like any other woman seems masc since the action in primary form used to be exclusively male.
>>
>>6895517
>wearing chucks with skirts

Do this if you want to look like a clueless and obvious tranny.
>>
Why do I need to be girly?
>>
>>6895460
Am I one of the few MtFs who get told very often that I'm extremely girly? I get told that the most by straight guys desu. Even by the ones who aren't attracted to me at all (as far as I know)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.