[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are transpeople, especially transwomen, so obsessed with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: cara269.jpg (257KB, 1080x1351px) Image search: [Google]
cara269.jpg
257KB, 1080x1351px
Why are transpeople, especially transwomen, so obsessed with maintaining archaic gender roles and masculine/feminine dynamics and forcing other people to stay rout in these positions, when the acceptance of their transition is based largely in part with people being more open minded about gender non-conformity?
>>
>>6888451
what lmao this doesn't even make sense
>>
>>6888451
Because mist trannies are obssesed with passing and have literaly nothing else in their lives.
>>
>>6888451
Because trannies just want to live a normal life and don't care about your radical feminist nonsense.
>>
>>6888723
>trannies thinking they'll ever be accepted as normal
Lol, most people just think you're gender non-conformity to the extreme.
The sooner we toss aside the concept of gender and admit ones sex and it's affect on personality is just a scientific fact, and varies among individuals, the sooner you won't see "women" as having to be something you have to live up to, and you can just be a feminine male like you actually are.
>>
I have never known a trans person to force gender roles on anyone else.
How someone chooses to express their own gender is a personal choice and not one they should be shamed for
>>
>>6888780
i was raised not just to believe in women being able to do anything they wanted but actively to believe in female superiority to men and having more opportunity and success as a woman than i ever could as a man
i'm ftm
>>
>>6888848
Were you ashamed to be trans?
>>
File: tumblr_mpdrmjjdIK1qiznxlo1_500.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpdrmjjdIK1qiznxlo1_500.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>6888451
>Cute boys on moans
>Obsessed with maintaining gender steryotypes
wat
>>6888780
You're telling every boy who's cute to let themselves be turned into hulking cavemen. You're out of your mind.
>>
>>6888848
It's kinda true, in most western societies, life is handed to females on a plate. They can do nothing and have equivalent success to a man who will struggle his whole life just to have the chances she'll always have. If they actually try, they can easily be more successful than men, since they have basically the same mental capabilities, with the power of their body on top of it. Just most of them don't ever bother to try since they don't have to.

>>6888874
I'm specifically not saying that. I think males and females should be allowed to be as feminine or masculine as they want, including the use of hormones and surgeries, but saying you're a "woman" and trying to live up to all the gender stereotypes to be socially accepted as one is dumb, especially considering a lot of those gender roles aren't necessarily based in evolutionary developments, and rather social ones, i.e. retarded.
>>
>>6888857
yes

>>6888920
agreed, but what i believe now is very different to what i learned
i see terfs say raising a child like i was raised will stop them from being trans and it's perplexing to say the least
>>
>>6889022
It's not about raising the child in a specific way

Once they are exposed to the sexist culture around them they can't not internalize all sorts of ideas regarding their identity and behavior
>>
>>6889022
Personally, I think lots of trans people just envy the other sexes' societal advantages, so they transition. Then there are a few who actually suffer from body dysphoria, and that appears to be a legit issue. Basically, no one should be pressured to be a certain way, or to not be a certain way, in regards to masculinity and femininity.
As for pronouns, and being a "man/woman", if those words specifically only meant "adult male/female" I'd be fine with it, but often they're used to try and inforce a standard on someone, so I dislike them. And I call people what they prefer, but in my own mind, I call people what the "essence" of them seems, so if someone seems female, I'd think of them as she, and if they come off as a male, I'd think of them as he. Other pronouns are (as of now) culturally insignificant, so they're not really a thing. If in the next few decades being labeled something that ignores one's sex becomes a common thing, I'd probably adjust to it easily.
>>
>>6889112
idk, i'm an autist special snowflake and i really didn't internalize those messages. if i did i would have come out at 5 not 13 kek
>>6889118
i suspect that's a thing and becoming more common proportionately due to transtrenders, but don't underestimate sex dysphoria
if you've never experienced it you really don't get a say on what it is
>>
>>6889146
I do have body dysphoria, it's just not tied to my gender... mostly.
Like you said, I'm a special snowflake too, but I think most people are and are just forced not to be, and everyone hates people who are for some reason. I don't even force people to call me anything special, and don't even correct them when they refer to me as the "wrong" gender, seeing as I'm a biological male but often get gendered as a "she".
Really, people just shouldn't care so much, on both sides of the argument.
>>
>>6888451
How is someone's individual choice to conform to traditional gender roles for their own personal reasons or preferences "forcing" anyone to do anything? Why must you group-shame trans women so they conform to your personal definition of what womanhood should be, or what gender should be? Isn't feminism about a woman's right to define herself regardless of what others say she should be? Aren't you right now acting like the very patriarchy you despise?
>>
>>6889193
No because the patriarchy promotes men into power and women away from it through socialization

Trannies help this process by reinforcing the notion that female gender identity (which most women have) compels a person to be a cute, meek and emotional. This perpetuates the sexist social roles that men and women are designated into
>>
>>6888451
>>6888780

You're weird, you say you have a fetish for transgirls and femboys and then you turn around and say you Only want normal men and women to exist
>>
>>6889296
1. I'm not OP, so these are two separate posters, one being me, one being another person.
2. I don't have a fetish for transgirls and femboys. I like really manly masculine slightly older than me males.
3. I never said I only want normal men and women to exist. I'm personally androgynous.

Like, you got literally everything wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (622KB, 830x2623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
622KB, 830x2623px
>>6888920
Don't you just get something like with that Femboy who's gotten Srs but keeps insisting he's a boy then?
>>
>>6889218
Yeah, trans women totally reinforce female gender roles with all their masculine professions and success in those fields.. yeah, no
>>
File: 1471237811923.jpg (19KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1471237811923.jpg
19KB, 500x281px
>>6889218
>No because the patriarchy promotes men into power and women away from it through socialization
But yet here you are shaming trans women so they conform their preferences and personalities to your wishes because you feel you deserve control of their identity and behavior based on their social status beneath you. The irony is completely lost on you.

>Trannies
I really feel the understanding and support.

>help this process by reinforcing the notion that female gender identity (which most women have) compels a person to be a cute, meek and emotional. This perpetuates the sexist social roles that men and women are designated into
Would you be this ridiculously critical of a cis woman who conformed to gender stereotypes out of either choice or because it suits her individual personality and preferences? I doubt it.

I knew a woman like you once before I came out. We were mutual friends with a trans woman who was about to head to a club with a bunch of cis women dressed in clubwear and heels, hair done, makeup, tiny clutch bags, etc. The woman made this huge scene outing her to her friends and yelling at her in the middle of a straight bar for being a stereotype, completely ignoring how the six other cis women who were there looked just as "traditionally feminine" as her and were going to the same place to have fun and dance with guys (the horror). When the cis women tried to defend the trans woman, my former friend started telling them that they don't know what they want, don't understand the complexities of gender politics and, essentially, to not worry their pretty heads about it.

Honestly you're in so deep you don't even see the hypocrisy.
>>
>>6888451
Because the medical communiy pushed traditional gender roles as a prerequisite for receiving HRT for many, many decades.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.