[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I might suffer from gender dysphoria. >self image

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: quick-dead-sharon-stone.jpg (21KB, 576x304px) Image search: [Google]
quick-dead-sharon-stone.jpg
21KB, 576x304px
I think I might suffer from gender dysphoria.

>self image has always been feminine
>played exclusively with girls as a child until I was forced by a parent to go make male friends
>find myself envying girls on a level i dont understand
>rarely identify with male role models or characters
>depression, anxiety, and a general dissatisfaction with myself i cant pinpoint
>identify "cute" outfits i would wear without thinking about it before i remember im a boy
>my mannerisms are more feminine, especially my speech patterns

I did some research and the internet says these are symptoms of gender dysphoria, or may be.

I dont want this. Is there a cure?

Sex change isnt really a thing id want.

Right now im a moderately attractive male, granted my features are slender but i look alright.

I would be afraid of turning out like some Kaitlyn Jenner muppet theatre thing.

My conflict is i just want to feel normal.

I dont want trans pride or to be empowered or to embrace my whatevers or go to a rally.

I want to be a normal guy. I'm tired of this silliness.

Help.
>>
>>6873836
might be dysphoria. how do you feel about your body, specifically the sexed characteristics of it?
caitlyn jenner is what happens when you transition at 65, transition in your teens or 20s and you'll look fine
trans pride is awful, the trans movement is awful, but you don't have to be part of it
sex discordancy is an intersex syndrome, and it has a cure. the cure is transitioning.
>>
>>6873836
This is a healthy response

Transsexuals have a very high rate of suicide even after the operation

I'd say you can try getting help but with the current social climate you might find that psychs might be pushing their agenda rather than what's going to lead to a happy outcome for you.

You're on your own.
Just like you've always been.
>>
>>6873836
I know how you're feeling, famalam.
>>
>>6873859
>Don't seek therapy and remember that you're all alone
I wonder who's behind this post..
>>
File: Still alive.jpg (597KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Still alive.jpg
597KB, 1120x1600px
>>6873867
Someone who's still alive
Despite it all anon
>>
>>6873836
I was like you. My depression grew, lost 20 kg, then I had to accept it and deal with it. I grew in a traditional family, but I transitioned anyways.
>>
File: tumblr_muzcy3Weir1r7k0yao1_500.png (710KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muzcy3Weir1r7k0yao1_500.png
710KB, 500x750px
>>6873850
Well i dont hate my dick or anything.
Its just there. It's just a tool used for reproduction to me.

I do get frustrated that females have so many more options sexually and that their orgasms sound like incredible experiences compared to the bottle rocket stroke fest of male sex, though.

>>6873859
>just like you've always been

How do you know me so well friend?

>>6873867
Its probably trump again

Thanks for the replies guys <3
>>
>>6873873
Then you'd know that even the likes of Blanchard have repeatedly shown, via studies, that transitioning improves the well-being of transsexuals. The issue is figuring out whether it is right for you.
>>
>>6873879
you have more sexed characteristics than your peen
what do you think of your broad shoulders and narrow hips, of your increased height, of your large hands and feet, of your flat chest, of your rugged facial features? what do you think of the things that really distinguish you from cis women on an everyday basis?
>>
>>6873836
>I would be afraid of turning out like some Kaitlyn Jenner muppet theatre thing.
A common misconception is that by transitioning, later in life make you'll end up looking like a man in a dress.

Hormone replacement therapy ensures that all further masculinzation stops, and you will continue to develop as female, due to having testosterone levels so low it cannot do anything and estrogen to take it's place. The body is quite shallow and doesn't really care what sex you're born as, it's development is dependent on sex hormone levels. (This album has examples of what HRT does on MTFs at varying ages and looks. http://imgur.com/a/qWpxv )

Anyway I'm in the same boat as you in a lot of those things, I just want to be normal, I think what you see in media about people who are trans to be really shitty and not representative of reality. Most people who transition gender, especially those who do it really successfully, don't really want the world knowing they're trans.
I was where you was at some point too, being reluctant to transition, but the truth is that the only way to feel better is to transition, it's the only known effective method of easing gender dysphoria and often entirely getting rid of it. Now I'm 1y 3m in HRT and couldn't be happier as I'm already passing and I've become quite qt. A lot of it came from my own effort, but I suppose I'm relatively lucky.

Also you really don't want to delay transitioning, the more you wait the harder it gets as your body will continue to become more masculine. If the idea of jumping into it is scary, consider trialing HRT. Oh and there's plenty of information to be had in the other general threads. >>6871941 >>6805996
>>
>>6873836
Is going to a therapist an option? If so you should consider it.

How do you feel about your body? From the sound of it you like the female gender role more than the male one but that's not what sex is about. You can be a feminine man. On the other hand if you feel that you need to be or on some level *are* a woman, that you are uncomfortable with your body or being seen as a man, then that's another story.
>>
>>6873890
The problem I always had with that line of thinking is that a lot of it can come down to "Female roles are incompatible with the male body" or, to take OP's "cute outfits" example, "I cannot work with my rugged features". That is, equating feminine qualities with female bodies or believing that there's a dependency between one and the other without actual desire to have a female body, except as a way to achieve said goals.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (426KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
426KB, 500x255px
>>6873886
>>6873890

I'll answer both since you guys took the time to talk to me and your responses are simar.

I dont like myself mostly. I mean i dont hate it but

Im a small man. My wrists are incredby slender, my features are very fine, balanced out by broad shoulders so im not a beanpole.

But i am short. And very small featured.

The thing is man...

Sometimes i look in the mirror at my beard or down at my hairy legs and cringe but i dont know why.

I just swallow it usually but it doesnt look right to me.

Sometimes i find myself wishing my clothes hugged my hips more or something. Its hard to vocalize.

Grew my hair long tho.

Therapy isnt really an option, im kind of undercover about this for a few very big reasons.
>>
>>6873894
I'll say this: I don't think a lot of people go into existential despair because they can't dress up cute.
>>
>>6873894
Op here.

I dont have that issue. Im a little chubby but i look okay, im moderately attractive i think.

I can make it work, i just dont like it i guess.
>>
>>6873902
Is it that you hate your body and would like to have a better, male one, or that you specifically would like a female body? If you could choose any sort of body which kind would you choose assuming there would be no social repercussions to doing so?

>Therapy isnt really an option, im kind of undercover about this for a few very big reasons.
Therapists are obliged to keep the subject of your conversations with them secret in just about every modern nation. No one has to know why you are seeing a therapist.
>>
>>6873902
Tell your parents you're depressed and see a therapist, tell the therapist exactly what you think, they're not allowed to tell your parents
>>
>>6873903
He did give more than one reason. I personally suffer from other problems as well...
>>
>>6873913
Um.

If this were like ghost in the shell or something and i could just pick any body, i would pick female with 0 hesitation. Immediately.

The circumstances are uh.

Im married. I cant transition or cross dress. That's why i was hoping you guys knew how to unbreak myself into being studly mcman
>>
>>6873930
>Im married
Sucks for you
>>
>>6873930
Well fuck. Look, go see a therapist. You need to figure this shit out one way or another. No one needs to know why you're seeing them. Even if you intend to stay closeted - fuck, especially if that's the case - therapy could do you a whole lot of good.

I'm sorry life has been cruel to you but you can't ignore a problem and wish it away. If you're lucky maybe they'll discover the cause of your depression is something else and you'll be free of this burden.
>>
>>6873930
>Im married
Why can you not tell the person you are literally married to, the person you decided to spend the rest of your life with, that you suffer with gender issues? That's your own fault. But realize you matter more than being married to someone.
>>
>>6873930
you're a tran. have fun
up until a few years ago the vast majority of trans were married when they transed. your story is not in the least unprecedented, though it's less common on /lgbt/ which skews really young. you will not be the first married transitioner, and you will not be the last.
>>
File: large.jpg (38KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
38KB, 500x309px
>>6873940
She's pretty religious.

It wouldnt go over well and i just dont feel like dealing with the ensuing shitstorm over something that isn't like, ruining me.

I was just hoping for a fix that wasnt so extreme as extensive therapy or surgery.

Sorry for taking your time guys.

Thanks.

~Miko
>>
>>6873934
>>6873940
Why are you so abrasive to a person in need?
>>
>>6873949
Therapy is not extreme! It is the opposite of extreme! It is a tool by which a trained professional helps you to know yourself.
>>
>>6873949
Well there's no real fix for you then, but the right therapist might help you cope, but you need to find more ways to cope than that. You mentioned Jenner earlier, and why they ended up looking like they did, is because they kept it in all their life and finally caved in, transitioning when they're old and as manly as they could get. That might happen to you. Dysphoria gets worse the older you get without doing anything about it. I wish you all the best.
>>
>>6873949
>or surgery
Also to transition, surgery isn't needed. There's no person forcing you to go under the knife. Most transgirls do not get any surgery.
>>
File: Picture_6.png (147KB, 276x304px) Image search: [Google]
Picture_6.png
147KB, 276x304px
>>6873949
>therapy

>extreme
>>
>>6873950
I have aspergers and have difficulty acknowledging the experiences of others
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.