[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are gay men so fickle? I can talk with a guy for weeks, have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 2zydd0m_200x200.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
2zydd0m_200x200.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
Why are gay men so fickle? I can talk with a guy for weeks, have him accept my invitation to a date, and then never hear from them again. This has happened multiple times in just 2 months.

Not only that, but even when my intentions are just to get a friend, the same shit happens. It's not like I flirted and just wanted them to think I was looking for a friend. I genuinely wanted a non romantic or sexual relationship with another gay guy.

Can anyone here tell me the secret to actually talking to gay men? Because apparently I'm doing it wrong.
>>
I'm in the same boat but on a social level, never was the relationship type of guy but always wanted to make some new friends after highschool. But eh what can you do.
>>
>>6871766
On some level it has to do with having nothing in common other than sexual attraction. I've gone out with guys who blew my mind on a physical attraction level, but who I simply had nothing else in common.

We would have sex, spend a few fleeting moments of intimacy, and both would silently recognize that there was nothing more to it than that between us.

Unless he becomes your bf, it's rare to have a building attraction with somebody after your first hook up. The first surprise of it wears off and that lifestyle is only naturally going to make you want to find new hotter guys to dick.

Finding the guy who is attractive and also likeable on a deeper level, with whom you could see yourself being involved with personally, is harder than hooking up with semi-randos you'll tire of instantly.
>>
Honestly, when people use grindr/tinder/etc to "make friends" I literally just feel like reporting them as a pedo. Go find a hobby and make friends that way you fucking idiots.

I consistently drop people so fucking fast if they're trying to find friends through gay sex/dating apps - like congratulations not only are you retarded but you clearly are a loser in life and therefore being your friend won't bring much joy.
>>
File: 1471617315963.gif (432KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1471617315963.gif
432KB, 500x377px
>>6875441
Ok..I wonder who or what fucked you over.
>>
>>6875750
FUCK OFF
tbqhwyf I don't have a big problem with any of it it's just that this one guy said he just wanted friends and I thought no harm, and then the next thing I know he's like trying to keep me leaving from his apartment as he wants me to fuck his bf but they were both not my types so
>>
File: 1471617196133.jpg (56KB, 519x383px) Image search: [Google]
1471617196133.jpg
56KB, 519x383px
>>6875763
Well fuck anon sorry, that sucks I can agree that there are some strange mofos out here, I try and stay careful of shit like that.
>>
>>6875790
you're a good anon, anon
hope you find nice friends who treat you right
>>
File: 1471617356279.jpg (44KB, 552x678px) Image search: [Google]
1471617356279.jpg
44KB, 552x678px
>>6875797
Thx so much anon hope you do to.
>>
Hmm I initially used grindr etc because I wanted a bf or something like that, but I did a hookup once and at first I was glad I'd done it but then I just felt kind of alienated/sad. I just use it to talk to people now, and I've met some really cool people I share interests with actually! I think you have to have some common interests though and be honest with yourself if you're detecting craziness in the other person, and probably don't bother meeting them... I'm kinda worried others want more than friends, though. Like I honestly don't even want to date or anything at the moment desu, idk.
>>
>>6871766
Gay men arent fickle. Youre an autist reading too far into their politeness, normal people do make new friends there
>>
>>6871766
Happens to me all the time too. Even when they invite me on a date often when the date rolls around I'll send a text and they just won't respond. No clues at all what happened, just nothing.
Weirdly enough I've had that happen with the same guy twice, except he messaged me again on POF like a year after he disappeared after the date in the previous year. Then he did it again. So bizarre.
>>
>>6871766
Yeah idk why.

>Couple months ago a guy i had been talking with for months made plans with me to meet the next day and then time comes and he doesn't answer my text confirming date time.
>Texts me next day saying "sorry something came up blah blah excuse etc"
>idk if i believe but i let it slide because he's kinda cute
>make another date time for next day
>happens again
>wtf bro
>mfw he still texts me and initiates convos and "wants to hang"

Grr.
>>
>>6878558
there are some people I've been talking to for months I'm scared to actually meet because what if I'm ugly/weird irl!?
>>
>>6878774
I'm sure you're fine irl. But if you are afraid to meet then don't make a date plan until you are comfortable doing so. Leaving someone high and dry because you are afraid is a quick way to lose a potential partner or even a friend. If you must, at least cancel your date.

Not answering texts when the date rolls around is really rough to come back from because you wasted thier time and energy and it makes it seem to them that you don't respect them.
>>
>>6878183
>gets flaked on
>goes back for more

Where's your self re-cocking-spect?
>>
>>6871766
That's pretty much just romance in general. Gay men, straight men, gay girls, straight girls, nonbinary planetkin, it is all the same. Hearts are fickle, people change, you never really know someone, etc
>>
>>6879494
>Brass Eye reference
Mah nigga
>>
>>6871766

Because they're either bottom queens who only crave cock, or they're polyamorous whores who can never commit to one individual.

Welcome to the world of same-sex (male) dating.
>>
>>6871766
Randos are flakes. That's basically it. You are a stranger and they don't need to interact with you again if they blow you off because something better came along. That's not to say a better guy, but even if a better evening with their real friends came up then the tentative plans they made with you (again, a stranger) are easier to break than people they actually know and like. If I found out that my real friends were having a party and it meant flaking on a rando then I would flake too.

I, however, try to let them know at the very least.
>>
>>6879494
It's not really intruding on my life anyway. He was the one messaging me and the one making all the plans.
Gays are so flaky that I've gotten used to it and generally expect 3/4 of them to bail out come actual date time so I never schedule around dates or anything so it doesn't interrupt my life or anything when someone bails.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.