[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any truth to all the memes about soy and soy products

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1471395887023.png (40KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471395887023.png
40KB, 324x246px
Is there any truth to all the memes about soy and soy products making you girlier?

The information regarding this on the interwebs is a fucking trainwreck.
>>
>>6839129
bruh just look at asians

they're qt as fuck
>>
>>6839139
One of the articles I read talked about how asians ate it for generations and "they don't have boobs so you'd be an idiot for thinking soy makes you girlier".

Shit was fucking hilarious. The person wasn't even being ironic on porpuse.
>>
>>6839129
Not really. Like yeah if your diet is literally 90% soy it might have some effect but other than that no.
>>
>>6839149
They have a point though, asian grils don't tend to have much tits either
>>
>>6839158
Not even a small effect like reducing body hair or something? I'm not expecting it to be a replacement for a HRT or something.
>>
File: downfall.jpg (1MB, 768x1600px) Image search: [Google]
downfall.jpg
1MB, 768x1600px
>>
>>6839185
the amount of soy you have to eat to get a small effect even is huge. There are other phytoestrogens and phytoantiandrogens that are much more potent (although still nowhere near as potent as the real deal)
>>
it aint just soy anymore

last I heard literally every product known to mankind is now laced with chemicals that transform into xenoestrogens in your body

turns boys / youngmen into bitchbois and makes young girls look like super models

and they have the audacity to bitch about how hard women have it while they're being physically boosted and men are stunted
>>
>>6839215
Well, he doesn't really look any girlier, he just became a faggot. That seems counterproductive.

>>6839227
Any examples?
>>
>>6839238
Don't forget the cancer, everything makes you a bitchboi and gives you cancer.
>>
>>6839251
god damn chinks and kikes with their cheap poison
>>
>>6839258
Little do they know that we can still nuke their assess back to the sirius system even while looking like qt grills.
>>
>>6839241
Pure hops (not the amount you get in beer, MUCH MUCH higher amounts, like eating a mouth full of hops a day) and Spearmint tea (pure spearmint, and only spearmint) are the only two I know of that have effects at practical dosages. Others require huge amounts, or will cause poisoning if consumed in large amounts. Even still, we are talking eating a handful of hops and like 3 cups of spearmint tea a day.

And yes, this does have an effect, but its but a fraction of what even low dose hrt can do. I did this for a while, during the time I was waiting for hrt (I was a desperate teenager, but my mom made me terrified of self-medding so I ate random plants instead... which isnt really a good idea either) and they did have a small effect in slowing down the rate at which I was going through puberty, and perhaps helped a little bit over all before I got on HRT for real.

That being said, it was not pleasant in the least. Hops taste godawful, and I doubt I'll ever be able to enjoy hoppy beers because of my association between that flavor and that desperate time in my life. Spearmint tea is actually nice , although its somewhat expensive to buy it induvidually wrapped.
>>
File: 1457766968172.jpg (76KB, 733x672px) Image search: [Google]
1457766968172.jpg
76KB, 733x672px
>>6839281
Trump will regulate China to lace all imported product with testosterone
>>
>>6839300
I am totally fine with drinking 3 cups of spearmint a day, but I don't think I'll eat fucking hops, I don't even like beer to begin with.

I tough beer was not recommended for trying to look girlier.
>>
Men should not eat soy becuase it makes you produce estrogen
>>
>>6839382
Is that bad tho?
>>
File: 516d5xYyz6L.jpg (63KB, 374x500px) Image search: [Google]
516d5xYyz6L.jpg
63KB, 374x500px
>>6839351
I don't think spearmint at that dose would work. I love mint tea and drink a shit ton of it during the winter. Pic related is my goto because Walmart has it and it's cheap for organic. I easily drink 3 cups a day and haven't noticed any effects.
>>
>>6839410
Oh, well, I was mostly saying it because of what anon said, but the hops were making the difference.
>>
>>6839436
Yeah it was probably the hops, desu. The spearmint, if it had any effect, was probably cause I already had a bit of a hormonal issue. Hops actually have science behind them. You can stuff them into pill capsules tho, and you wont even have to taste them.
>>
>>6839382
In order to get significant estrogenic effects, you would have to eat something on the order of 400 kilograms of tofu a day.
>>
>>6839458
I am seeing some very outrageous claims that they can give you breast and be used as HRT, that seems kind of exagerated. I imagine the effects of the pills would be stronger than eating the thing raw.

>>6839465
What about eating it over time?
>>
>>6839458
I read up on spearmint and from what I saw, cis women with PCOS have good results from it, but then they still don't have anywhere close to the amount of testosterone to block as a amab person.
>>
>>6839515
Nah, they are nothing compared to real HRT, which more importantly, includes anti-androgens as well as estrogens. Testosterone is usually going to overpower estrogen of any sort.
>>
>>6839537
I guess every bit helps.

>>6839538
If they're good enough to make a male look girlier-ish it's good enough for me, but you have go out of your way to consume something either awful or awfully suspicious, so it's not nearly as convinient as regular food.
>>
>>6839567
just take low dose anti-androgens. like 25 mg spironolactone. It shouldnt be enough to completely block your T, but it will reduce it enough to give you mild effects.
>>
>>6839601
I'm too much of a poorfag to afford pills.
>>
>>6839129
In asia soy is not consumed in the high amounts we believe in the western world. And most of the soy they consume is fermented.
Do not consume a lot of soy because it is risky for your health.
Here is a list of the results of many studies regarding the dangers of soy consumption:
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/170-scientific-reasons-to-lose-the-soy-in-your-diet/
>>
>>6839675
Most of those, at least in the short list, seem to only affect women.
>>
>>6839215
that's retarded though
Soylent doesn't actually contain soy of any kind, just protein powders and supplements and stuff, it's only called Soylent after the titular meal replacement in the movie Soylent Green in which it IS (supposedly) made out of soy and lentils.
>>
File: tumblr_nya7eg5f7r1uvq3s5o1_400.png (22KB, 304x288px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nya7eg5f7r1uvq3s5o1_400.png
22KB, 304x288px
>>6839675
>Keep that soy away from your daughters! Dietary genistein (soy phytoestrogen) in developing female rats had the effect of significantly accelerated puberty
>Dietary genistein (soy phytoestrogen)
>genistein
>stein
>>
>>6840450
(((((Stein)))))
>>
Since this is basically the organic MtF HRT thread, gonna drop the regimen I'm doing while I bide my time for the cash+logistics to get actual hormones.

>licorice root as androgen blocker
>spearmint as androgen blocker
Buy some sifted cut licorice root in bulk, and plant spearmint plants (it's idiot-proof to grow, nearly an invasive species, literally just water it), drink shittons of licorice+spearmint tea.
>pueraria mirifica
This is borderline "hormones", basically it's a Thai herb that insecure teenage girls take. It's not placebo; it'll get you to early tanner stage 2 after 3 months of 2mg/day. It's pricey in premade capsules and tastes like shit in powder form, though, so I recommend to buy it in bulk and capsule it yourself. (It's way cheap in bulk.)

Been considering adding saw palmetto, but that can also block some estrogens and I don't want to waste any pueraria.
>>
>>6841406
Spearmint tea is fairly common but those other things you mentioned are not exactly the kind of thing you can just walk into the supermarket and get.

It's pretty good info tho, and I'll keep it in mind, but I just wish there were more common off the shelf foods or whatever that you could get.
I guess supermarkets avoid these stuff on porpuse because of the "unwanted" effects they have.
>>
>>6840450
Hahaha, that really made me kek hard.
I like you, anon. Here is a big (you) for you!
>>
>>6840450
/pol/ is always right!
>>
>>6840413

Soylent Green is people!
>>
>>6839300
>and like 3 cups of spearmint tea a day.
That's hard? Spearmint is delicious.

Out of curiosity, what about peppermint, or plain mint?
>>
File: Untitled.png (732KB, 1612x719px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
732KB, 1612x719px
>>6840413
???
>>
>>6841456
I work at a Dollar General (US, larger retailer) and we have stuff like saw palmetto in the vitamins section. Our store used to carry some kind of menopause relief supplement that had a bunch of the herbs I typically see on here. All over the counter and rather inexpensive.

That said, I get real 'mones for $3.50/month with my crappy insurance.
>>
>>6843139
They've been studied. Only spearmint has the antiandrogenic effects. It's tough to find tea that is just spearmint, but it grows wild around where I live (Great Lakes/Finger Lakes region). It really id's an invasive plant and really hardy. We left some in a bag plucked without roots in the fridge and forgot about it for a whole month and it was healthy and had bloomed.
>>
>>6839465
if u say so...
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.