[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /lgbt/, I've recently reunited with one of my childhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: clueless.jpg (136KB, 674x608px) Image search: [Google]
clueless.jpg
136KB, 674x608px
Hello /lgbt/, I've recently reunited with one of my childhood friends recently, a biological male with severe autism. The last I saw them was at their mother's funeral in 2014. Since then, they've apparently changed their identity to a female one and want to begin HRT. Should I...talk to them about it? On one hand, they're a good person and I want to support them as much as I can, but on the other I suspect it's a reaction to cope with their mother's death. There must be a screening process for HRT that prevents mentally unstable/developmentally disabled people from becoming a woman to escape their responsibilities as a man, right? How do I navigate this issue without being an asshole?

>inb4 this board isn't a newspaper advice column
My family is still struggling to phase out "negro" and "coloreds" from their vocabulary, I think it's better to ask people with experience like you mob.
>>
>>6838133
Doctors tend to be wary of prescribing hormones to people with mental illnesses or disabilities. A lot of the time you go through a screening process to make sure youre actually trans and stable enough to begin HRT.
>>
>>6838133
coloreds is back in style now
>>
>>6838133
Yes OP, I, anon from /lgbt/, grant you permission to have a heart to heart conversation with your childhood friend about their gender identity.

>How do I navigate this issue without being an asshole?

By not approaching it with an agenda like you have here. By checking your assumptions about another human beings mental processes and feelings. By having an honest dialogue with your friend where you try to understand what they are feeling instead of "educating" them about their emotional state.

Are you sure you're not severely autistic too?
>>
>>6838142
>biological male
I know where this was going from there
>>
>>6838151
I mean, that's obviously the first course of action with these things, but I've never dealt with a friend's gender identity crisis and don't want to lose face with them or their family.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.