[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which would you say is generally more accepting of transpeople

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 1461256401080.jpg (209KB, 599x672px) Image search: [Google]
1461256401080.jpg
209KB, 599x672px
Which would you say is generally more accepting of transpeople - cis men, or cis women? Why do you think this is?
>>
>>6826539
Straight cis women > gay cis men > straight cis men > gay cis women
>>
File: 1455064202990.jpg (4KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
1455064202990.jpg
4KB, 108x125px
>>6826539
From my personal experience as a transwoman (this likely quite different for transguys), I found that ciswomen were really accepting upon first coming out prior to actually transitioning. Then I actually started to look like a woman and got kind of attractive, this made them jealous or upset. Cismen on the other hand started out kinda sketchy like they just though I was super gay or something. Further down the track they went either one of two ways, the came to see me as just cool chick who liked guy stuff, or they had sexual feelings they didn't understand and got angry/violent to compensate.

Overall though I feel like they prefer people who are transitioning towards their sex, like they're gaining a new team member. Except for homosexuals of either sex, they just get really upset about genitals (especially lesbians).
>>
>>6826539
I think it depends which way you transition, from what I've seen people get offended when you try to leave their cool gender club but generally like it when you want to join it

Of course there are exceptions like terfs but that's what I noticed in regular non-crazy people
>>
>>6826687
this seems accurate
women accept it at first then become catty af
men are like wtf is this person and then, dang she cool
>>
File: 1435675010440.jpg (165KB, 450x601px) Image search: [Google]
1435675010440.jpg
165KB, 450x601px
>>6826539
i'm an ftm for reference

straight cis women are more openly accepting, they wont openly mock you or treat you any differently in public, but that's more about saving face, and boosting their own position on the social ladder, than it is actual acceptance.
As to be expected they obviously joke about my dicklessness amongst themselves, and can be rude to transwomen if they're in the presence of chad or some guy they want to impress
although they are more open to dating ftms than straight men seem to be about dating mtfs

straight cis men challenge you on your 'identity' more and depending on how convincingly you pass, will either just become apathetic and forget about it,
or will openly mock and shun you, which boosts their position on the social ladder

gay people of either sex are typically shit,
lesbians tend to be nicer to ftms
and gays tend to be nicer to mtfs
>>
>>6826539
My experience so far, mtf 1.2 years on HRT is as follows:

Cis women and girls have been pretty excited and cool about it, the ones that can actually tell. I apparently pass a lot better with girls than with guys for some reason. Older women tend to be a bit confused, but more neutral than anything.

Cis men are a real mixed bag. The blue collar workers have like no tolerance for this, at least in public. They seem at best distant and at worst belligerent. Younger boys and men seem to be pretty fine with it, or even find it pretty cool. Older men are more tolerant of this as well, but also a mixed bag.

I really have not had much experience with lesbians or gay men at all, so I have no input there.
>>
From my experience men are better.
Women are passive aggressive all the time to me.
>>
I can't really say one or the other was more or less accepting than the rest.
I can think of several examples from each gender and each sexuality for both sides.
The ones who are unaccepting usually fit an archetype though.
>straight guy whose attraction to me confuses him and his fragile ass
>straight girl who is jealous of me and has to point out that I was born male to try and feel superior to me
>gay guy who's mad that I didn't just be a femboy or some shit
>lesbian who is a combination of straight guy and straight girl
>>
>>6826539
cis women generally, but the people who REALLY hate trans people tend to be cis women, if only because their hatred is based in fear as well as misunderstanding.
>>
How accepting are cis guys of ftm's? Especially ones that aren't on hormones yet
>>
>>6827769
If you're not on hormones and you're attractive, straight guys will be accepting and secretly want to fuck you. Gay cis men will be supportive, but when you're on hormones and expect to date one of them (if that's your preference) you won't be accepted at all.
>>
>>6827769
My cis guy friends have been really accepting. Of course as an ugly flaming dyke I don't think they ever really saw me as a true female anyway.
>>
>>6826539
As mtf
>straight girls
Super accepting in a very faghaggy kind of way pre-passing, seems to be more to rack up tolerance points than anything
Total cunts post-passing. Especially fat or ugly girls. Best route is to go stealth and cut contact with anyone you knew before, regardless of gender, unless they're really cool and you know they won't out you in front of those not in the know.
>straight guys
Either accepting or total dicks pre-passing.
In failing boymode, either accepting, hitting on you, or thinking you're a girl, realizing you're not, and then being total assholes and going out of their way to be dicks.
When passing, if they know you're trans, same as failing boymode. If they don't know, then they treat you like any girl.
>lesbians
I only know one lesbian, and she's always been very nice, knew me before transition and everything and only got nicer when she found out I was trans.
>gay males
See lesbians, basically the same thing. They only got nicer when they found out I was LGBT. I haven't really exposed myself as trans to many though, just the few I knew before.
>>
>>6827769
i've only seen them be really shitty to ones not on hormones or who they think "don't even try to pass," they usually pull some bullshit my-life-is-harder-than-yours and make a point of talking about how gross vagina is. to those who do pass as male, it's pretty split, some are ok but others still try to act like you're a straight woman appropriating their culture etc. or some are just not into guys w/o dicks but are chill about it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (114KB, 286x197px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
114KB, 286x197px
ok hear me out this is the only true answer

If you're a passing/pretty MTF, men will accept you, women will hate you.

If you're a ugly/non-passing MTF, men will find you creepy, women will accept you and pity you.
>>
as MtF kind of in androgynous mode
>cis girls
some are weirded out like "but u look good as a guy, why?" some others rack up tolerance points, some are just neutral and curious but accepting in general
>cis guys
at first completely creeped out eventually get to kind of accept it, and once i sent a pic to one guy to judge my girlmode (i had no other reliable friends at the time) and they instantly became full accepting calling me my girl-name and pronouns even though i didnt ask for it and he knows i live as a guy and knew me all my life, but i think that's just when texting or on the internet, i'm unsure how he'd act IRL
on the other hand all guys i kinda knew but came out to were just weirded out but knew im a good person and had my reasons and some were sucpicious anyway. Either way eventually kind of grew accepting
>gay guys
kind of cool with it but some kinda annoyed for some reason
>bi guys/bi girls
confused and annoyed but accepting
>gay girls
really pissed off
>>
I am not trans so this is not first hand interactions but rather seeing and hearing people's reactions to trans people.

>cis women more accepting the larger the group is. They need to show that they are inclusive but will then start talking shit once they are alone.
>cis males less accepting the larger the group is. In private they couldn't care.
>gays, completely indifferent. They have a you do your thing, I do my thing attitude. Remember trans people were originally part of the gay liberation movement along side gays while lesbians and feminists were still fighting against gay equality.
>lesbians absolutely hate trans people. Like they might tolerate trans people in public but they are also pretty open about their hatred. Trans women are appropriating womanhood and trans men are gender traitors.
>>
Ciswomen tend to be very supportive of transmen and supportive of transwomen so long as they are not more attractive or have larger breasts, hips, or ass then the ciswoman in question.
Cismen tend to be either totally cool with both or completely against both with little to no in between.
>>
>>6826885
you sure you're not just interpreting bantz as "challenging you on your 'identity'"?
>>
File: 4H4qN0q.png (195KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
4H4qN0q.png
195KB, 500x375px
I pass well and have been on HRT for a decade. My experience is as follows.

Cis women are usually initially accepting. However, as time goes on, one of two things happens. They either forget you are trans and you are just one of them, or they become super catty. Over the years, I have decided that the latter group, the cattiness, is due to their acceptance of you as a woman. Women can be pretty catty in general. Although, you get the occasional woman whose cattiness is due to disgust due to what you are, assuming they know. They are obvious, as news traveling down the gossip chains will out them.

My experience with lesbians is mixed. I have had equal positive and negative experiences.

Cis dudes are usually distrustful, but then once they get to know you, are often a lot more open and accepting, especially once they realise you aren't looking at them sexually, and other people don't know what you are unless told.

Gay dudes are trash and will almost always think of you as a confused gay guy.

Seems like trans women have very different experiences with gay dudes.
>>
File: image.png (123KB, 304x229px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123KB, 304x229px
>>6829381
> Androgynous
Geez baby pick one ~.~
>>
>>6826885
>mfw ftms never learn banter
>>
File: 1472540658474.jpg (40KB, 567x441px) Image search: [Google]
1472540658474.jpg
40KB, 567x441px
>>6826539
I think this depends a lot on other demographics (red state, blue state, etc.).

>MyF, 7 years HRT, full pass

I've only lived in liberal cities the past 10 or so years. I've been "stealth" for some years now, and it seems like both men and women are equally accepting of trans people.

When I out myself to gay men
>OMG girl, NO way!? You're TOO cute, stop it!
They are always supportive and laze fair. I usually out myself to them while pissing in the urinal at gar bars because the lines for women's bathrooms are retarded long, or I'm doing some fashionista shit with them like salons, shopping, or artsy shit.

When I out myself to straight men
>Don't tell my friends!!!
This seems to be the case regardless of if we've even done anything sexual with one another. I usually out myself to them when a guy is making moves on me.

When I out myself to straight women
>Wow, tell me more about that.
They are supportive and curious about my experiences. After a while, some often forget that I'm trans (asking me for tampons and such). While others prefer to continue an engaging dialogue about my perspective when topics like love and dating come up (popular things for discussion really). I usually out myself to them over the course of a friendship.

When I out myself to lesbian women
>So um, what does that mean exactly?
They want to know the status of my genitals, what sex I was born as, if I was raised as a boy or a gir, and how I have sex with women. I usually out myself to lesbians when a girl making moves on me or over the course of a friendship.

Lesbians who are hitting on me ask stuff in a much more "need to know right now" sort of business, compared to straight guys. Whereas lesbians who are friends fall into the patterns of the straight women.

My experiences above are limited to a pattern of scenarios in liberal environments.

When people, who don't know that I'm trans, discuss trans issues around me they seem to all be supportive.
>>
File: 1359595232124.jpg (104KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1359595232124.jpg
104KB, 613x533px
>>6830417

>I usually out myself to them while pissing in the urinal at gar bars

kys AGP hon
>>
>>6830082
>>6830365
no saemfag i was talking more about,
they demand scientific proof of the existence of transsexuality and will gender you as your birth sex until you give them a real reason not to

women just do and believe what you tell them
>>
File: Screenshot (160).png (846KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (160).png
846KB, 1600x900px
>>6826687
w-wow i made that picture, i know its faggy to say and no one cares but i feel kinda special seeing it

assigned male has great reaction images its just annoying people get really butmad when they see it when you just wanna use a funny face
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.