[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone see this on 60 minutes? This trans guy swims on Harvard's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

Did anyone see this on 60 minutes? This trans guy swims on Harvard's men's swim team. He is the first trans man to play any NCAA sport as a man. He takes a dose of T that the NCAA deems appropriate, so that he can't use it as steroids to gain an unfair advantage.
He isn't dominating or anything obviously. He's one of the slowest swimmers out there since he just started T and has a female physique. But he is happy to be competing as a man and in a couple years maybe he can be one of the best.
As a FtM who plays women's college basketball I think it's pretty awesome. What do you guys think?
>>
LOL I have a friend who is also an asian male trans guy. He has a similar physique, but he's rather short. Funny enough, he's also a swimmer and competes.
>>
>>6812842
why do you play in women's sports if you're ftm????
>>
>>6812857
Because I couldn't compete with the men without T. Even then my height would probably fuck me. I'm relying on a scholarship to help me get through school so I'm stuck in women's
>>
>>6812852
Lol. must be an Asian thing.
>>
>>6812842
It's cool. It sucks that he's never probably going to be able to be super competitive since his physic and level of T will never be high enough to match the other players, but as long as he's having fun it seems pretty cool.
>>
File: 4534534.png (682KB, 607x622px) Image search: [Google]
4534534.png
682KB, 607x622px
>>6812842
90% off FTMs are AAP cis women who have use """"male-activities"""" as exhibitionist fap-fuel.

FTMs cannot help but continue the time-honored tradition of women forcing men into rout gender roles through the notion of "woman knows best". By granting the FTM into male spaces, they are expected to allow her to dictate what exactly "makes her a man". Oftentimes the individuals that allow her to do this follow her lead, as they expect her to someone have special insight into the inner workings of gender due to.

More than often, these "insights" are the workings of a clichéd mind that consists only of socially-fed and media-fed cancerous "masculine ideals" that are nothing more than the most stereotypical and suffocating trash that you could ever force on a cis man, borne from the mind of a woman who has been an outsider all of her life and a spectator to media inaccuracy.

By posturing that their transition "makes them a man", they can also claim that doing activities like weightlifting and male-centered sports also "makes them a man, thus supposedly legitimizing the toxic idea of a biological predisposition in men towards needing to maintain stifling ultra-masculinity and thus inhibiting them from breaking out of the imprisoning gender roles that they have been in for so long.

Do not celebrate FTMs. Do not encourage them.
>>
File: 1470237488818.png (99KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1470237488818.png
99KB, 420x420px
>>6813189
90% off MTFs are AGP cis men who have use """"female-activities"""" as exhibitionist fap-fuel.

MTFs cannot help but continue the time-honored tradition of men forcing women into rout gender roles through the notion of "man knows best". By granting the MTF into female spaces, they are expected to allow him to dictate what exactly "makes him a woman". Oftentimes the individuals that allow him to do this follow his lead, as they expect him to someone have special insight into the inner workings of gender due to.

More than often, these "insights" are the workings of a clichéd mind that consists only of socially-fed and media-fed cancerous "feminine ideals" that are nothing more than the most stereotypical and suffocating trash that you could ever force on a cis woman, borne from the mind of a man who has been an outsider all of his life and a spectator to media inaccuracy.

By posturing that their transition "makes them a woman", they can also claim that doing activities like clothes shopping and female-centered sports also "makes them a woman, thus supposedly legitimizing the toxic idea of a biological predisposition in women towards needing to maintain stifling ultra-femininity and thus inhibiting them from breaking out of the imprisoning gender roles that they have been in for so long.

Do not celebrate MTFs. Do not encourage them.
>>
>>6812870
>no T
>>
File: 53453453.png (593KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
53453453.png
593KB, 700x750px
>>6813204
awww baby girl, did it sting that bad?
>>
File: 1217827421677.jpg (9KB, 207x300px) Image search: [Google]
1217827421677.jpg
9KB, 207x300px
>>6813234
>mfw am MtF
>mfw reverse psychology strikes again
>>
>>6812842
I mean it's w/e she can swim on the guys team if she wants.
>>
>>6813218
Gotta do what you gotta do. Believe me, I wish I could start. My body, especially my hips, has gotten noticeably more feminine and I hate it. But I have to pass a drug test.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>6812842
Three years ago there was this trans guy volleyball player:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/volleyball/2013/05/08/taylor-edelmann-purchase-college-mens-volleyball-transgender-player/2144599/
>>
>>6813368
looks like a top lad, shame about the benis
>>
>>6813368
Neat. I hadn't heard of him before.
>>
This is pretty amazing because biological women are incapable of competing against men physically, like is sports or mentally like in chess. I would like to see more trans men in mental sports to see how testosterone effects those. I know trans women will often compete against other cis women in mental sports and completely dominate, so maybe it is not estrogen that makes them mentally inept but it is testosterone that gives them an advantage.
>>
File: 1471217874050.jpg (68KB, 530x407px) Image search: [Google]
1471217874050.jpg
68KB, 530x407px
>>6813949
>or mentally like in chess
You want me to play the American education card or the gender card?
>>
>>6814078
Women can't compete against men in chess, that's why there is women's leagues.
>>
File: 1471010412434.jpg (31KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471010412434.jpg
31KB, 600x400px
>>6814103
>that's why there is women's leagues.
>>
>>6813268
dont get baited
>>
>>6814103
Huh? Both men and women compete in the WCC.
>>
I'm a bit torn, I'm all for trans rights but as an athlete myself I have been wondering if trans people can be allowed to compete in the cathegory they identify as... I'm a thaiboxer and it is irrefutable that being male is a great advantage. That's why we have different cathegories for males/females as well as weight classes for it to be a fair fight. I know there is Fallon Fox for example creating some controversy. She went through puberty before transitioning and I think that could give her an advantage compared to other females, even if she take female hormones. I mean, bone density and skeletal structure, things like that.
>>
>>6813189

>tfw Blanchard and his posse are missing out on the AAP menace because everbody knows women don't have paraphilas.
>>
>>6815513
Skeletal structure just makes her big. Muscle tone and bone density are both affected by hormones. That's why ftms tend to pack on muscle when they start T.
>>
>>6815513
She does the male bone structure and stuff like that you're right, but unless she is taking some deliberately low dose of hrt (which I'm pretty sure she couldn't since leagues regulate what hormone levels trans athletes can have) when it comes to strength and muscles and stuff she will be at a disadvantage to many cis female athletes.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.