[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys answer a question for me? Do MTF hormones just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (3KB, 107x107px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 107x107px
Can you guys answer a question for me?

Do MTF hormones just make you high as fuck so you feel disinhibited/drunk all the time?
>>
>>6808660
Nope. The screaming dies down, that's about it.
>>
>>6808660
Pretty much this >>6808789 . The only mental affects I've had are hating myself a bit less.
>>
>>6808660
Huh, interesting way of thinking about it. I guess it kinda is like a light buzz, takes the edge off of life, makes you calmer, more expressive, less high energy, less pent-up/autistic. So yeah, I guess it kinda does, but not all that much.
>>
They may cause some mental shifts in your thinking, differen ways of expressing emotion, and other lifestyle changes.. But no, not high.
>>
No. The drunk-ish and flirtatious behavior you see in MtFG is a result of social anxiety issues and poorly developed social skills. Basically, a lot of MtFs here act like dumb teenage girls because many of us are emotionally at the same level as dumb teenage girls who need to figure out how to function as women. Now that I'm on hormones, I'm less angry and angsty (for obvious reasons). My emotional inhibitions are a bit lower than they used to be, but I'm not sure if that's a result of hormones, not being constantly depressed anymore, or living in a female social role. Probably some combination of the three. I used to repress all of my emotions, to the point where I cried maybe once or twice in five years (both times because of severe pain). Overall, I feel calmer, more relaxed, more emotional, and just more pleasant in general. It's nice.
>>
>>6809016
Can you explain what you mean by mental shifts in your thinking? And also the differences in emotion and lifestyle? Thank you.
>>
>>6809084
>less angry/angsty/depressed
>seem to feel emotions more strongly (I literally cried reading a silly romance book my first month on HRT, which I had never done before)
>taste in food has changed significantly, and I sometimes get strong cravings for specific things when I take my hormones
>sex drive became less prominent and became more about emotions and less about orgasms, which is really nice
>when I do want to have sex, it's less like being horny and more like having a craving, if that makes sense?
>when I see mothers with babies walking around town, I just become filled with this longing to be a mother
I hope this helps.
>>
>>6809115
Any other changes in thought process? Any neurocognitive effects?
>>
>>6809084
testosterone and estrogen affects your mentality as well as your physicality

i.e.
Testosterone; increases libido, promotes muscle growth, distributes fat to your core, less expression of emotion, more aggressive behavior.

Estrogen; less libido, fat distribution to hips but thighs tits, not as easy to gain muscle mass, more expression of emotion, more compassionate behavior.
>>
>>6809120
I'm not sure I could judge that for myself. I'm a forestry/environmental science student; I basically just go on hiking/camping trips, gather tree measurements and sample data, and write simple papers. I know very little about neuroscience. People who knew me before transition say it seems like I've "come out of my shell," if that means anything.
>>
>>6809139
OK, thank you.
>>
File: 1472304061137.png (4MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1472304061137.png
4MB, 2048x1536px
>>6809150
No problem, dude.
>>
>>6808660
no, are girls just high all the time?
use your brain
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.