[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that feminism has infiltrated various lgbt movements?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1405872337849.png (254KB, 959x714px) Image search: [Google]
1405872337849.png
254KB, 959x714px
Why is it that feminism has infiltrated various lgbt movements? My local lgbt group thinks that gender is a social construct, which means they can't represent me as a transsexual. I feel like things are going downhill for us and I don't know what to do about it.

And before you mention TERFS. These are very trans-friendly feminists (obviously, since they are trans and gay themselves), but they believe transsexuals are transitioning because of our society's strict roles. They think transsexuals will stop existing after we've de-gendered society. If someone has such a fundamentally incorrect view of me, how can they represent me? If hormone replacement therapy isn't seen as essential treatment but as something anyone can do if they want to, how can I be guaranteed continued treatment in the future? By that logic I should be funding my treatment with my own money.

I don't know what to do. I feel like we're just screwed. The majority of people I meet IRL don't know that gender dysphoria is a psychiatric diagnosis, and when I tell them they want to remove it from the DSM-V. Which isn't what I want at all.
>>
>>6803645
Seriously, fight. Be vocal. Bring this issue up on social media, make Youtube videos about it, do what you can. There is a shit ton of disinformation about transsexualism from all sides and the only real way to combat it is to spread information.

This might seem like taking a page out of the Progressive playbook, but they use thia tactic because it works.
>>
I fucking hate this shit. I was reading an article today about gender dysphoria potentially being removed from the DSM, with the writer all "how dare psychiatrists treat these people as disordered, they just get radically altering hormone therapy and surgery to be their true selves! What's disordered about thatlol!"
Fucking morons.
>>
>>6803645
gee it's almost like identity politics is a toxic ideology that turns people against each other.
>>
>>6803663
But I'm just a transsexual. Not an activist. I lose most arguments I get into.

>>6803689
>about gender dysphoria potentially being removed from the DSM
Please no.
>>
Those are "terfs" (radfems). 3Rd wave feminists don't believe in gender abolition.
>>
>>6803689
>>6803645
Removing it from the mental illness section of DSM is good, or possibly entirely. It would be covered as a medical condition instead.

>>6804347
There's no clear distinction between 3rd wave and 2nd wave feminists, other than 2nd wave tries to hide under a "but we're supportive :)" cloak.
>>
>>6804405
No. There is no reason to change anything now that it's been renamed to "gender dysphoria". No one could possibly be offended by that or think that it's stigmatizing.

You still need psychologists to diagnose it, a normal dooctor can't do that, so it makes more sense to have it on the DSM. Only when we can diagnose it with brain scans and such should it be turned into a medical diagnosis.
>>
>>6804625
It can still be diagnosed by a psychiatrist.

It does not make sense to classify gender dysphoria as a mental illness, as it'd be like classifying grieving as a mental illness.
Both are perfectly normal reactions to a situation.
>>
>>6804325
>I lose most arguments I get into.

You just need practice (and eventually to read books).

>>6804405
>Removing it from the mental illness section of DSM is good, or possibly entirely. It would be covered as a medical condition instead.

This is already more or less the case since the last DSM version.
>>
>>6803645
>Why is it that feminism has infiltrated various lgbt movements?
To gain control.
That's all there is.
>>
What is BSTc?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.