[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so few FTMs in comparison to MTFs? Do FTMs actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 4572.png (364KB, 514x540px) Image search: [Google]
4572.png
364KB, 514x540px
Why are there so few FTMs in comparison to MTFs? Do FTMs actually experience dysphoria? Why are the only FTMs who are publicly vocal about their experiences transtrenders and cis women who only take on a masculine appearance for gender-bend purposes? Are all FTMs transtrenders?
>>
>>6801427
You got statistics on that don't draw from the numbers of people getting SRS?
All the statistics I've seen only count people getting SRS and it's not a surprise FTMs are less by that count.
>>
>These numbers are based on those who identify as transgender. It is estimated that about 0.005% to 0.014% of males and 0.002% to 0.003% of females would be diagnosed with gender dysphoria, based on current diagnostic criteria.[6] Research indicates people who transition in adulthood are up to three times more likely to be male assigned at birth, but that among people transitioning in childhood the sex ratio is close to 1:1

now fuck off.
>>
>>6801427
FTMs are generally ignored because MTFs are 5x more taboo and and FTMs tend to pass better once on hormones.

Yes (real) FTMs expierence dysphoria

Transtrenders are very vocal and annoying and thus are given a lot of attention. Most cis passing FTMs are ignored or purposefully go stealth.
>>
>>6801427
It's significantly easier for an FtM to blend in to society and not be noticed. No one wants to be an outspoken activist for trans people, and it's much easier for an FtM to avoid that by living under the radar
Not to mention the whole genderfluid or other non binary is much much more common amongst women, if you aggregated those with trans you'd probably get a 1:1 across all age groups
>>
>it's the confirmation bias episode
>>
File: 1454558732980.png (52KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1454558732980.png
52KB, 500x427px
>>6801489
Being outed by my college and having had two trans friends commit suicide, I've had to take on the role of trans activist. I'm just a liberal scumbag but I used to be that "anti-SJW" transtrender roasting be-stealth-all-the-time FTM cliche. I guess I'm sort of the opposite now. I have both top and bottom dysphoria and still get bothered when non-dysphorics call themselves trans but I just sort of don't say anything.
>>
>>6801427
1. Most females don't know that being FtM is a thing, they've only heard of MtFs.
2. Yes. I'm an FtM with intense bottom dysphoria (I have top dysphoria too but it's not as bad)
3. Most FtMs want a normie life.
4. Obviously, no. Most transtrenders are branching away from FtM because "choosing to align yourself with masculinity" is bad or whatever and are just claiming to be nonbinary or genderfluid or some other gender label of the week.
>>
File: sassypants.jpg (53KB, 450x681px) Image search: [Google]
sassypants.jpg
53KB, 450x681px
>>6801427
I thing the fact that masculine females (tomboys) and other variants being more acceptable within Western Society plays a role in those statistics. Also, even through I knew that MtF transition was possible I literally didn't know I could go toward male from female until I was over 21... like 2003ish? We didn't see as much news coverage. It's less shocking than "zomg he dun gone'n cut off hiz dikk!"

Yeah, I've had top and bottom surgery and sometimes I'm still wiggy about my body. I seem like a chubby little gay guy, but when I put on too much weight and make the mistake if shaving, I look like a fat dyke.
Dysphoria?
Check.

I don't know. The vocal ones are usually spazzy teens. Generally either transfags or other snowflakes. It takes me about a year before I trust a person enough to tell them I'm trans. Kids through... some kids see right through it. Also, they don't have filters and won't feel embarrassed about asking the wrong things. Kids make me wig out because they're honest about if you pass. Fuckers. Starting to hate kids.

No, not all FtMs are transtrenders. Most of us old boys just don't talk about shit. Feelings are for faggots.
>>
>>6801457

I've always heard the general trans pop as 0.03%
Also, what population is being looked at here? No doubt the numbers will fluctuate depending on a cultures awareness/acceptence of transgenderism as well as the availability of care.
>>
>>6801528
mmm feet... i wanna lick those feet...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.