[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i get over having a gay voice /lgbt/? It's given

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: eggtransition.png (956KB, 1000x360px) Image search: [Google]
eggtransition.png
956KB, 1000x360px
How do i get over having a gay voice /lgbt/?
It's given me crippling social anxiey for the past 8 or so years, I can barely speak. Should I aggressively try to train it out of my voice again or should I just get over it and say fuck it?
>>
Post your voice, I doubt it's bad, even by /lgbt/ standards.
>>
Lets hear op
>>
>>6771867
>>6771880
no ;-;
>>
>>6771854
Try speaking in the lowest pitch possible and it will probably sound less gay
>>
gay voices make my dick hard
>>
>>6771854
And what do you aim for ?
I would say go for it and train it. I would even offer you to it train with me since I'm doing some training too, but I'm too afraid to actually talk to people.
>>
If you care about training your voice, or accepting it for how it is, a perfect time to practice is actually talking to someone face to face.
>>
>>6772169
Say
>Helllloooooo, how's everybody doing today? By the way how does my voice sound? I hope it doesn't sound too hissy.
>>
>>6771854
>Best advice yet

Go on youtube. Do some searching.

Search some "how to videos" of changing your voice
Search some vocal exercise videos

Spend 20ish (or whatever the vocal exercise videos recommend) minutes a day practicing these exercises

If you want to change your voice the directions I mentioned would be your best bet. You have to train. You HAVE to do this. Repetitive training and exercise will help you brain, ears, and vocal cords sync up the way you want them to.

It's no different than practicing for any other type of task.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0heJNgRykhs
>>
>>6772566
Are you gay or something?
>>
>>6772580
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1LWmEa4Ct2y
>>
>>6771854
How do I get a gay voice /lgbt/

My voice is too deep and masculine for a bottom
>>
>>6772608
Raise your pitch.
>>
>>6772566

It is very gay, but it's not shrill or anything. It's a nice voice anon
>>
>>6772608
speak from your throat rather than your chest
>>
>>6771854

Do abdominal breathing. It helps lowering your pitch.
>>
I'm trans and have a deep guy voice. I'll trade you OP
>>
>>6772616
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sgjI79PSVz
>>
>>6772638
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0sgjI79PSVz

Oh right well, you're fucked then aren't you
>>
>>6772644

He sounds gay, but people won't be surprised when he comes out.
>>
>>6772638
pretty fucked

speaking of fucking, wanna fuck :3~
>>
File: 1jVGraN.jpg (107KB, 960x854px) Image search: [Google]
1jVGraN.jpg
107KB, 960x854px
>>6772663
i don't know. not really into hookups but i've never been with anyone before and i'm getting a desperate.

also this is 4chan so not gonna happen, sorry.
>>
>>6772638

I really like your voice and normally I don't like American voices. I think it would only sound gay if you acted very camp with it. Your voice is lighter and less quacky than most American accents but it doesn't come across as particularly gay, a lisp would put it into gay territory though.

My voice is slightly deep. It's weird because I'm tiny, kinda feminine and look like a 12 year old. It's not that my voice itself is deep, but its been conditioned over years of trying to sound deeper because everyone at school used to tease me for being too high pitched. I always half-mumble to make myself sound lower but my actual voice only really comes out when I talk loudly. I wish I could sound like you.

You should be a YouTuber if you aren't already, your voice would be so comfy and would send me to sleep if you did a Let's Play.
>>
>>6772614
>>6772619
These are uneducated answers, 90% of the stereotypical gay voice comes from the use of female inflections/speech patterns. To get this, either spend a LOT of fucking time around girls or research what the differences are and continuously practice using them.
>>
different anon here
I'm very self conscious about my voice as well, and I have no idea how to fix it
I'm very expressive when talking and I wish it would stop
It's gotten a lot better after puberty but there's still much to do
I just want to be manly and the voice ruins everything, after reading about lisps I am now obsessed about how I pronounce S sounds
Is there any specific trick to correcting speech? Any guides anywhere? If only there were examples
>>
>>6772566
you sound like a more feminine Tina, from Bob's Burgers
>>
>>6771854
RIP EGG
>>
>>6773231
Why so insecure? It's just the sound or expression of your voice that you find unattractive?

The content of your words is more important.
The intentions of your heart are what will breathe life into a conversation/debate.
>>
>>6772818

I speak like a girl but I don't sound like a girl.

I mean, I don't particularly want to sound like a girl, but I wish I sounded a bit more like I looked.
>>
>>6772566
That sounded a lot less gay than I wabted it to
>>
>>6771854
EGGY!!!!!!! u r so beautiful.
>>
File: xK72cdl.gif (359KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
xK72cdl.gif
359KB, 500x375px
>>6771854
this is me, i feel that my voice is the only thing that really outs me. i pass relatively well though kind of as an androgynous tomboy right now, so a lot of people look at me unsure but the second i speak i feel they're like "oh that's a guy" i avoid any situations where i have to speak at all. i honestly wanna be more social but my stupid fucking man voice ruins everything
>>
>>6772588

Your vauce sounds cute
>>
FTM here
Transmen are also cursed with gay voice
Im bisexual not gay but still soft gay voice
I try to "act straight" and im from texas but i dont really have a southern accent.
I actually went to speech therapy in elementary i couldnt say my R's.
So when i would say liquor i had to put emphasise on the ORRR
Here are some words to practice
>liQOUR
>YEah Main
>LOUD
You need to be confident and exaggerate your pronunciation
try to focus on the back of the nasal passages instead of the back of your throat and front of the mouth
>>
>>6780267
i think in this situation they mean theyre trying to sound like a girl but end up sounding like a catty gay guy. as opposed to your situation which seems like trying to sound like a manly normal guy and sounding like a gay guy
>>
How about seeking therapy and learning to accept yourself the way you are? Wow, what a fucking concept.
>>
>>6772566
Holy lord, your voice sounds like.. just average. I can see either a straight or gay man with that voice. It's a tad feminine, but not *effeminate.*
>>
>>6780340
What's wrong with changing things you dont like about yourself? Trans people change thier entire bodies. People get plastic surgery. I work out to lose weight. This is someone changing thier voice to sound how they want it to sound. Self improvement is a valuable thing. You don't get to dictate what is improvement for someone else. If it makes them feel better and more confident then it's worth it.

And probably easier than therapy if he truly hates it.
>>
>>6771854
transition nao.
(unless you've already transitioned in which case detransition, you've failed).
>>
>>6771854
speech therapists exist.
>>
>>6779190
>>6779190
>>6779190
I can't get this out of my head
>>
File: after-assembly.jpg (216KB, 1106x838px) Image search: [Google]
after-assembly.jpg
216KB, 1106x838px
>>6771854
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 125x83px
>>
>>6781018
>>6771854
>>6773231
>>6779195
>>6779610
>>6781042

who is eggy? why is he a meme? are you guys gay bashing him or something>?
>>
>>6772191
OP
>This
>>
>>6779190

Oh god yes this
>>
>>6781158
He's just some ugly attention whore that posts on r9k and think its him vs the world.
>>
>>6779190
people say i sound like micheal cera.
>>
>>6772638
It is kind of gay, but very cute.
>>
>>6773231
fix the lisp, and speak from the chest instead of the throat.
>>
>>6773231
shout everything, that's kinda how guys talk except with a lower volume
>>
>>6771854
OP are u Ftm or mtf?
>>
>>6792482
First pic is andro but high up hairline (male?) I can't tell with weight loss you look like a different person completely, congrats btw!
>>
>>6792527
>high up hairline
>>
>>6792555
Wat? OP was bald or had high hairline. There is some hair visible in the back so idk
>>
>>6792600
>>6792527
>>6792482

OP's pic isn't him and he isn't transgender.

This thread is about gay voice not girl voice thanks byeeeee
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.