[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are those people actually for real? I have a hard time believing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: Screenshot_20160819-153012~01.png (353KB, 1080x1585px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160819-153012~01.png
353KB, 1080x1585px
Are those people actually for real? I have a hard time believing that its not a parody
>>
They're just nippers, Tom. They'll come 'round.
>>
You realize the vast majority of these people are literally kids on tumblr that are like 13-18 years old, right?

When I was a kid my friends and I pretended to be different classes of mages. This is literally not different.

Nobody gives a single ounce of credibility towards "kin" outside of their own community. Just like mages with my friends.
>>
What is going on in their brains? I can't follow it. Actually asking.
>>
>>6756821
It seems pretty common for the mentally ill to "play pretend" well past the age when it's still acceptable.

It's mostly harmless behavior.
>>
>>6756821
What is otherkin?
>>
>>6756846
Please stop infantalizing women. They have agency, they are responsible for their actions. They need to be called out not coddled. This part of female privilege means women will never learn from their actions and continue to destroy the lgbt with their special snowflake titles.
>>
>>6763702
Except that these "kin" people are actual, literal children.

I played weird imagination games when I was their age too. It was an escape from my shitty home life and my shitty school. I was too cynical to be able to pretend that it was real, but these kids can and that's okay.

It's weird, but it's a coping mechanism. They'll grow out of it.
>>
>I'm a Sylveon
Fuckin c'mon...
>>
>>6763752
ikr, Leafeon is WAY better..
>>
>>6756829
They really wont. This is known as a fact because those who should have have not.

This is because they never really have to leave those communities and they will always have their echochamber. This would just be bad if they were adults but because identity politics have gotten involved in the life of those who are desperate looking for something to define themselves (Teenagers, kids, nippers) they will then latch onto this for as long as they can.

They're not Stacy who is a bisexual and struggles with anxiety. They instead are bisexual-anxiety Stacy and will define any interaction they approach with these in mind. They will never not be bisexual-anxiety Stacy. Which is harmful to their development as being a teenager is not about these concrete states, especially in terms of sexuality. Don't even get me started on how asexuality and aromantic shit comes into this to make it freakishly more harmful.

There's no real fixing it and it's a fucking tragedy when I see a 25 year old acting like this.
>>
>>6756821
I really don't give a shit about their crappy role play. They will mostly grow out of it while we still face real problems.
>>
>>6767824
Unlikely. They may very well blame all their problems on others dismissing their roleplay as not being reality.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (15KB, 304x429px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
15KB, 304x429px
>>6763752
Did someone say Slytherin?
>>
File: piper-enough.jpg (5KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
piper-enough.jpg
5KB, 259x195px
>>6756821

>omnisexual

why do i feel like this is code for dogfucker
>>
>>6756821
Otherkin/fictionkin (and also calling yourself genderqueer/agender/whatever) is just the new internet trend, similar to scene/emo kids a few years back. I guarantee most of them are gonna grow out of this shit. It's cringy and embarrassing, sure, but they're kids and everyone does embarrassing shit as kids.
>>
>>6767967
Being emo/scene hasn't been politicised and brought into academic campuses. They wont grow out of it.
>>
>>6756821
>LGBTQIA+
What?
>>
>>6768184
Seriously, why is "GSM" still not standard
>>
>>6767746
>Don't even get me started on how asexuality and aromantic shit comes into this to make it freakishly more harmful.
Can I get you started? What do you mean?
>>
People always say this kinda thing is normal for a thirteen year old, but when I was that age I was just really obsessed with like Naruto, but none of this shit, nor did I ever know anyone like this. The people I was friends with in junior high might have been the dorkiest people in the school but no one I knew was ever this low. Maybe when they were like six? That's like the maximum age this kind of behaviour is acceptable for.
>>
File: 1452490899890.jpg (26KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452490899890.jpg
26KB, 250x250px
>>6767746
Thank you so much for this post. You bring bad news but it's the truth and you're awesome.
>>
>>6767746

>whining about being defined by their sexuality
>whining about asexuality and the existence of aromantic people

Nice edginess my friend
>>
>>6756821
You have a hard time believing people with different points of view or lifestyles can come together over the internet to form some type of social media support system for each other regardless of how crazy their opinions may seem?!?!?!!

Lol dont worry. Sometimes I have a hard time believing people at stupid as you exist, but obviously they do.
>>
>>6771497
Identity politics is a real problem for young people and no one is immune to sexual stimulation unless they are castrated or had an accident or something. That's not edginess that's just facts.
>>
File: 1470774666007.jpg (29KB, 640x721px) Image search: [Google]
1470774666007.jpg
29KB, 640x721px
>>6756821
They're fucking kids, man. Nerdy ass weird kids. There have always been kids like this. Let it be.

You have fully-fledged adults that still talk to their invisible friend in the sky, literally belong to multiple different types of ancient death cults, have re-education facilities, brainwashing mills, and massive amounts of lobbying and government influence... but this is somehow the problem.

If tumblr calls for a literal bloody inquisition or tosses a non-believer head-first off of a roof, then that's cause for worry.

Until then, shut the fuck up and stop getting angry at literal non-issues.
>>
>>6771540
>Identity politics is a real problem for young people
Obviously it's a problem for you, since you're so upset about it.
>>
>>6771584
I'm all grown up now, but when I was a kid yes it was a huge problem. Sexuality, gender, race, religion, everything was identity politics and it was toxic. That's what our kids are like and have been like for years, a lot of young adults are still like this, the only "issues" they care about are those of their "identities"
>>
>>6771513
Now imagine a literal nazi writing the post you just made and consider how you would react :3
>>
>>6769610
The word is that "Gender and Sexual Minorities" was coined by literally pedos trying to sneak in beneath the banner of an unjustly persecuted group.
>>
>>6771565
Well put.
>>
>>6771616
I imagined this guy (see pic) reading it and was like wow that nazi is woke.
>>
File: 883568_1321765410707_full.png (917KB, 1920x989px) Image search: [Google]
883568_1321765410707_full.png
917KB, 1920x989px
>all these people complaining about the kids these days

You're using a screencap of some weirdos as a way to get on your soapbox about others on a distilled water bottle engineering website.

>>6771565
Also this.
>>
>>6763752
>Sylveon
I thought that was maybe a term for an actual animal, but your post made me google it. Holy shit man, lmao
>>
>>6771497
>whining about being defined by their sexuality
It's harmful for kids to do so because being a teenager is a time of change. Latching onto something that can be wobbly at best during this time of change (sexuality) and defining oneself by it is harmful to that person's development and continued happiness, yes. Sexuality, from my experience, is quite fluid. Especially around the teen years. If I had latched on to definately being straight and defined myself by that and wore it as a badge of honour even around that age, I might have never come to the conlcusion that I liked both or the process of finding out I did would have been much more tricky.
>whining about asexuality and the existence of aromantic people
Nice looking for an argument that isn't there my friend. Pretty edgy of you. I don't have a problem with either really, though am sceptical about the latter.
>>
File: 1454253355520.png (484KB, 1294x5798px) Image search: [Google]
1454253355520.png
484KB, 1294x5798px
I'm velociraptorkin.
>>
>>6771497
>LGBTÖXAÄÅTRE
>>
>>6777876
By their own standards most people who believe in this stuff are "ludogirls," I guess. Literally emulating big name 3rd wave feminists who spout transphobic shit about how gender is not real and you can choose to be trans. They're just hangers-on of a movement that literally has appropriated a medical condition to use to further their political ends.
>>
>>6771209
I was not expecting this thread to last this long. Sorry for the late response. Hopefully you're still around the read it:

In the early stages of life everybody is asexual. Absolutely everyone. Over time people develop sexually and begin having sexual feelings. This happens to different people at, what can be, pretty radically different times. It is natural to compare oneself to one's peers, measure yourself up so to speak. When you're young this can often turn into a developmental race. One can often feel inadequate, freakish, broken or just immature and childish if they're left behind in these respects. "Why is it happening to them and not me?"

What also happens in this developmental stage is finding an identity for oneself. What makes you you. What makes you stand out but also blend in. It's why emo/scene/whatever are all a things you see teenagers doing but rarely actual grownups. You are encouraged to flanderise yourself. Asexuality ticks both of these boxes and makes them feel better. They're not broken or a late bloomer. They're just asexual. It's cool and is their thing. It makes them them. Cool right?

1/2
>>
>>6771209
>>6777974
2/2

At this point I would like to say that asexuality is valid to me. I buy it and don't have a problem with adults who already have an identity using the term.

Because then the kid grows up holding onto this identity. This safety blanket because it makes them feel good, safe. And then they grow up approaching any and all situations with "I'm asexual this is who I am, this is what I am. I cannot feel sexual attraction because I haven't felt sexual attraction. Thinking that is what makes me feel safe." Which is not the mindset you want while developing. Things are much less concrete at that is. It's much less safe and there are much better says to have safety at that age.

Aromantism is on the same stem because you can never really know. I'm not about to throw around terms like "the one" but you might very well meet somebody you love no matter how old you are. Ever defining oneself by an inability to be in love closes you off to ever finding any as these things need to be approached openly. Can't open a locked door, all that nonsense. Aromantism isn't worth the safety blanket.
>>
>>6763981

Do you even Vaporeon?
>>
>>6777876
>nan0

Holy fucking shit
>>
>>6756846

Pretty much this.
>>
>>6767967

It reminds me of that video a few years back of these goth kids who wore tails to school and called themselves werewolves, freaking out all the white parents. All the white kids were super sereal about it, then this chill Hispanic kid is just like "ey, it's just a bit of fun"
>>
>>6771458

If you didn't have Naruto and instead had access to the modern internet, you'd probably be doing shit like this instead. Don't pretend you never learned any jutsus.

Probably not good for their development that it's filled with peer pressure and validation though.
>>
File: 6KHW7ZS.png (85KB, 278x389px) Image search: [Google]
6KHW7ZS.png
85KB, 278x389px
>>6756821
b-but, you can't be a sylveon, it's a fictional creature.
>>
>>6777862

I think you over estimate teenagers' ability to latch like that. Look at Justin Dennis' video with Milo Stewart on asexuality, Milo goes from being pansexual to lesbian to asexual to identifying somewhere specifically unspecified on the 'aromantic spectrum' seeking queerplatonic relationships (aka friends) that are sometimes more romantic (aka relationships). Plus going from girl to boy to nonbinary girl to neutral nonbinary to nonbinary trans boy.

But yeah, I agree that making it such a big deal as to go through all those mental loops when there's so much more that could be occupying your thoughts is probably bad for you. But at the same time, a kid might spend the same amount of time and mental effort playing videogames or arguing about whether Hermione should end up with Harry or Ron.
I think a lot of kids today, especially the ones who get into these identity politics, really don't feel the same sort of stress over it that most kids used to, which is why they're able to wear it as a badge of honour in the first place, and that enables them to adopt and ditch identities whenever they like.
The only ones potentially damaged by it are the bystanders who actually are queer and insecure and might be lumped in as a trender. But again, while not to such a great extent, the same thing went on when I was in high school and everyone decided being bisexual made you cool.
idk, I'm torn. It all looks weird from where I'm standing and sounds like it's probably damaging, but when I step back I just feel like to criticise is to just be a typical 'back in my day.'
>>
>>6777876
this isn't real right I thought I knew tumblr but this is way worse
>>
>>6771565
*tips fedora*
>>
>>6771565
You sound angrier than anybody in this thread. You're trying to hard. Are you even old enough to be here?
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 720x576px
>>6756821
>and a Sylveon
These people know that Pokèmon aren't real, right? Or 'celestial foxes', for that matter?
>>
>>6771540
no one is immune to sexual stimulation, but some people are not attracted to either women or men

just the same as a gay guy will come if a woman gives him a blowjob from the stimulation, an asexual guy will come too

but both of them won't enjoy sex with the woman because they'll have difficulty staying hard or finishing

the only difference is that the asexual also has this in common when having sex with men, just like a straight guy wouldn't really enjoy sex with men that much, the asexual man will respond the same
>>
>>6767746
>>6777974
>>6777992
Thanks anon, nicely done.
>>
>>6779159
>Not Glaceon
Do you kiss your mother with that shit taste?
>>
File: JimFace.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JimFace.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>6777876
The fuck is this shit?
>>
>>6777992
I was gearing myself up to write an angry response after seeing your post from earlier, but after reading this you've actually brought up some very interesting points, and pretty much put a lot of ideas I've had in a succinct manner.

What you're talking about is in a nutshell the problems I've had dealing with most other "asexual" people. Most of them are young, a lot of them tend to have a tumblr gender, and they hold those in front of them to define how they approach the world. Most of them have never been even near sexual experiences and because they grip their label so tight to define them they never try. Thing is, many people, if not all, think sex is gross or frighteningly intimidating to some degree during development. Many asexual people think this defines their sexuality as a result when they never really know.

The way I say it to them is "if you're 16 and you think sex is gross or you don't like boys or girls, yet you haven't tried anything with either and don't date, you're not asexual, you're repressed and in development. If you consistently find displeasure in sexual encounters, or iconography, or commentary when relating to you, then you might be asexual.
So many people talk or joke openly about sex and create sexual tension and have attractions but they think sex is gross so latch on to asexuals.

Sorry for a redundant rant, just some more insight for other people I guess.
>>
>>6788918
I can't imagine how continually frustrating and difficult it must be to be asexual. Not because of non-asexual people but more trying to be both welcoming and open to young people to make them feel at home and actually being discerning to avoid fucking up their development. I guess this might be a reason tumblr types don't bother with the latter. It's gotten to the point of people clinging onto the label of asexual and the mindset that they can't change that labels exist for 'asexuals' that are entirely superficial.

Another thing I've seen a lot that I dislike in the asexual community is the idea that trauma is a sexuality. A person can be sex repulsed from traumatic events in their life. I've seen many identifying as asexual who fall under this category and wont get treatment because they're 'asexual'. It's pretty saddening really. I'm not entitled to their recovery but that really isn't how asexuality works and it isn't a healthy way to handle trauma.
>>
>>6789569
>Another thing I've seen a lot that I dislike in the asexual community is the idea that trauma is a sexuality. A person can be sex repulsed from traumatic events in their life. I've seen many identifying as asexual who fall under this category and wont get treatment because they're 'asexual'.
I feel a specific urge to comment on this section of your post to add my own anecdotal evidence to yours
I was physically and emotionally abused very early in my childhood which led to premature development of sexual awareness, which led to several years of being sexually manipulated by some people I considered friends, and a lifetime of unhealthy relationships
I have a perfectly good reason to be sex-averse, but I still identify as bisexual because I'm not stupid enough to confuse my dislike of sexual activity with sexual orientation
A person being sex-averse doesn't necessarily make them asexual, although I acknowledge that asexuality could lead to an aversion to sex
>>
>>6763739
He's right. The people on tumblr are 13 year old girls who are just playing with their friends online. The only people who take them seriously are retard reactionaries. Let them have their cringe years and grow out of it. Almost all my "I am a le sjw and I'm deergender and asexual demifluid with dem pronouns" friends are now just quiet lesbians. Its just a phase.
>>
>>6777876

Wow, trans people think femininity = girl a lot don't they?
>>
>>6790438
Yours have grown out of it? I'm jealous.

But in all seriousness, you're forgetting that the same thing can be appealing to different sorts of people. For some it is a phase. It scratches the same psychological itch of personality tests and hogwarts houses. Whatever, that's fine.

But there are those who use it as a self defence and coping mechanism. This along with echo camber communities like tumblr, which allow you to form your very own isolationist bubble or current campus culture (gay males in a UK university were denied speaking roles to make it more safe to nonbinary sorts) ensures that they don't really grow put of it.

We're talking about different kinds of people.
>>
>>6763702
>Please stop infantalizing women.

As pointed out, they are actually children. Dumb teens. Literally children. So should we stop infantalizing children?

Are you retarded?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.