[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my friend just sent me this, how do i refute his argument. i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 6

File: antigaything.png (133KB, 1024x2038px) Image search: [Google]
antigaything.png
133KB, 1024x2038px
my friend just sent me this, how do i refute his argument. i dont want to be labled as mentally ill.
>>
>>6750017
>it is not natural
>it offends the notions of science and nature
Basic naturalistic fallacy.

>In philosophical ethics, the term "naturalistic fallacy" was introduced by British philosopher G. E. Moore in his 1903 book Principia Ethica. Moore argues it would be fallacious to explain that which is good reductively in terms of natural properties such as "pleasant" or "desirable".

His entire argument is that homosexuality is unnatural because it doesn't fit into his view of what reality is supposed to be, and he personally doesn't understand or like it. It doesn't fit into his definition of a "good" world. Therefore it somehow shouldn't exist in the universe, according to him, for reasons all his own, even though it does and he's a whiny, arrogant baby about it.

There's a big difference between using science to prove a point, and using sciencey terms and the other party's ignorance to defend a bullshit argument and "scientific" homophobia.
>>
>>6750052
nah he isnt homophobic, he doesnt hate gay people, he just thinks it is wrong to not categorize it as a mental illness
>>
Stopped reading at the first sentence. That's not what mental illness is at all. If that were the case, kids who fail the marshmallow test are all fucking mentally ill.
>>
>>6750076
i dont see how that is true? failing the marshmallow test doesnt restrict biologically non-necessary activity.
>>
>>6750017
get over it. nobody likes to be mentally ill but there's nothing wrong with and no shame in being mentally ill
>>
>>6750061
He's homophobic. I've encountered more than my fair share of self-important, semi-knowledgeable homophobes who bend and twist the world around them to conform to their negative prejudices about gay people in the same way phrenologists twisted "science" to conform to their racism. He's just looking for a clinical and/or scientific way to consider gay people "sick" and consequently advocate for their "medical correction" according to his personal standard of what humanity is supposed to be. He knows that flat out anti-gay rhetoric is typically untenable, so he goes the Nazi scientist route pretending to be unbiased and objective and hoping no one's bright enough to catch it.
>>
>>6750094

It's being psychologically incapable of refraining from a non-necessary activity. Unless kids taking the test are imminently starving to death, there is zero biological necessity to eating that marshmallow.
>>
>>6750107
>>6750094

Plus, y-know, gay people are perfectly fucking capable of refraining from homosexual acts.
>>
>>6750112
Same with straight people, unless the genius in the OP thinks straight people rape one another to make babies whenever they get horny.
>>
>>6750098
i still dont see how the argument has any holes, by his words homosexuality is within the bounds of mental illness. i think he meant natural as in occouring without human interaction just like volcanes for example. even if you remove the "natural" argument the argument as a whole wouldnt fall apart i think?

also just saying he is a bad person doesnt meean he is wrong

>>6750112
>>6750117
b-but we all came to existance because our ancestors fucked, doesnt it mean that there is something wrong if i dont fuck.

im just so confused
>>
>>6750127
>i still dont see how the argument has any holes
You mean besides the multiple fallacies pointed out practically seconds after your first post? Believe what you want, OP.
>>
>>6750107
seeking nourishment seems to be a biologically necessary argument IMO

t:other
>>
>my friend
try harder fisherman please enjoy the complementary sage
>>
>>6750127
>b-but we all came to existance because our ancestors fucked, doesnt it mean that there is something wrong if i dont fuck.

But you do fuck, just the same sex. It'll never result in conception, but neither will 99% of straight sex if the people having it are lucky (this just in, wearing a condom is a mental illness).

Honestly, just ignore this person. He has no idea what he's talking about. He's just making up his own rules that are consistent with his beliefs so that he doesn't actually have to examine himself or reality, he might as well be worldbuilding.
Anyone who has to type this much bullshit to justify being a judgemental douchebag genuinely isn't worth the effort.
He doesn't want to learn, so he won't. He just wants to be right, and he's not.

But remember, if you just can't resist feeding the trolls, which is a biologically non-necessary activity, that's a mental illness!
>>
>>6750130
multiple fallacies? you mean the marshmallow one where >>6750138 answered and the naturalisitc thing which does not dismantle the whole argument? his argument is homosexuality fallls within the the bounds of mental illness.

just saying the argument has a fallacy and therefore is incorrect is fallacy fallacy

>>6750151
but feeding the trolls reinforces my self-confidence and produces dopamine in my brain. if i cant win this argument then this means i really am mentally ill. this isnt safespace, this is the real world and i cant deny the truth. just because he is seeking frustratement from me doesnt mean he is wrong
>>
>>6750138

Like I said, they'd have to be starving. Just because eating is a biological necessity, doesn't mean all eating is a necessity. A fat fuck chowing down 6 Big Macs is not engaging in a biological necessity, in fact that's a detriment to one's long term survival. And yes, if one gets to that point, one is probably suffering from an addiction which can be classed as a mental illness. This means the act of eating can be contextually both sane and insane, therefore cannot be defined as a strict biological necessity, therefore eating a marshmallow when one isn't particularly hungry is still a non-necessary behaviour.
>>
>>6750151
I was gonna say the same. This, basically. The guy's a douche with ignorant beliefs and he's trying to create a world in his head for himself (and you, the blank slate Socratic third party that's both ignorant and immensely knowledgeable about everything stated in the OP when convenient) where he's not.
>>
>>6750017
>one is mentally ill if one is psychologically incapable of refraining from a biologically non-necessary activity or wish
By your own friend's argument, he's mentally ill for writing a non-necessary argument against gays. If anything, he should be FOR the gays because more gays = less competition for him!
>>
>>6750162
>fallls within the the bounds of mental illness.

No, it falls within this individual's made-up definition of mental illness. And again, this definition doesn't even apply to homosexuality since homosexuals are perfectly capable of celibacy, just as heterosexuals are.
>>
>>6750164
desu if those kids would be really fucking full and couldnt stuff food anymore in their tiny stomachs they probably wouldnt eat the marshmallow

even if they would not feel hungry but still have space, the ape brain would still want to eat it because the uncertainty of aquiring food and starving to death is a real risk and therefore it would take the opportunity, do you really think the brain would evolve in 500 years to recognize the abundance of food and remove these reflexes.
>>
>>6750176
This is why I love All You Can Eat buffets
>>
Look if you wanna debate this just debate it. Quit being a pussy about it.
>>
Fucking evolutionary biology fedoras.
>>
File: maslow.png (17KB, 494x389px) Image search: [Google]
maslow.png
17KB, 494x389px
>>6750173
well what the fuck is a mental illness

even merriam webster agrees with him

>>6750172
writing arguments and arguing with other people provides mental wellbeing and is good for the brain in general.
>>
>>6750185
Is that the only pastebin rant you wrote or is there more?
>>
>>6750188
no im just some otherfag that stumbled on this thread and happened ot agree with OPs picture
>>
>>6750190
Sure thing.
>>
>>6750185
>even merriam webster agrees with him

http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/mental%20illness
>Medical Definition of mental illness
: any of a broad range of medical conditions (such as major depression, schizophrenia, obsessive compulsive disorder, or panic disorder) that are marked primarily by sufficient disorganization of personality, mind, or emotions to impair normal psychological functioning and cause marked distress or disability and that are typically associated with a disruption in normal thinking, feeling, mood, behavior, interpersonal interactions, or daily functioning

...It really fucking doesn't?
>>
>>6750196

And from their legal dictionary:

>Legal Definition of mental disease
>: an abnormal mental condition that interferes with mental or emotional processes and internal behavioral control and that is not manifest only in repeated criminal or antisocial conduct; broadly : mental illness

>Legal Definition of mental illness
>1: mental disease
>2: a mental condition marked primarily by sufficient disorganization of personality, mind, and emotions to seriously impair the normal psychological and often social functioning of the individual —called also mental disorder
>>
>>6750196
"one is mentally ill if and only one is psychologically incapable of refraining from a biologically non-necessary activity or wish"

" disruption in normal thinking, feeling, mood, behavior, interpersonal interactions, or daily functioning"

seems pretty biologically necessery to me to think, feel and behave normally
>>
>>6750206
It's okay to be gay, anon. It's okay.
>>
>>6750210
sure its okey to be gay, just like its ok to be demented or have schizophrenia. but those things are still mental illnesses
>>
>>6750098
You realize science universally proves racism is rational, right?
There are measurable differences between the races and some of these are not pleasant.
>>
>>6750217
Your desire to see gay people as mentally ill despite evidence to the contrary may very well be a mental illness itself.

But then who was phone?
>>
>>6750206

Are YOU fucking mentally ill? Because those are in no way shape or form the same thing.

I could just as easily say
>mental illness is defined as a lack of happiness - I'm pretty sure a disruption on my thinking, mood and functioning would make me unhappy!
>mental illness is defined as an inability to engage in statistical analysis - I'm pretty sure a disruption on my thinking, mood and functioning would impede my ability to engage in statistical analysis!
>mental illness is defined by other people's judgement that it's so - I'm pretty sure a disruption on my thinking, mood and functioning would result in people judging me!

Do you see how much that doesn't fucking work?

It doesn't matter if it's a biological necessity, homosexuality is not a disruption in normal thinking, feeling, mood, behavior, interpersonal interactions, or daily functioning. Retard's arbitrary definition of biological necessity is utterly irrelevant, just as my arbitrary add-on of happiness etc.

And for the third fucking time, homosexuality can be very easily refrained from. If you genuinely can't, you probably ARE fucking mentally ill, whether your compulsive sexual behaviour is homosexual or not.
>>
>>6750226
please point out the evidence to the contrary

then i will proceed to refute the evidence

and then you will refute my claims regarding to the evidence

do not change the subject to be about me, that is an adhominem attack, therefore a fallacy
>>
>>6750238
so are you still arguing on behalf of your "friend" OP?
>>
>>6750221

The complete opposite is true. Science shows no significant differences between races other than the physical and cultural, and racism is just a symptom of our natural dislike for the unknown and affinity towards the known. A stranger of the same race as you is more 'known' than a stranger of a different race. But a friend of a different race will be more trusted than a stranger of the same race, because it's simply a matter of comfort and trust in reputation.
>>
>>6750221
Your opinion of humanity's racial makeup according to the modern anthropological community doesn't somehow make phrenology an accurate and non-fallacious science by proxy. Stop trying to thread slide with a subject change because you can't defend your initial arguments.
>>
>hey /lgbt/ I want to bully my gay friend but I'm scared my arguments make me look retarded, help me spackle the holes

Very sly, OP.
>>
>>6750237
lack of happiness is a form of punishment and motivation to drive the person to do things that make them happy, such as procreation, love, food, shelter and safety.

ability to engage in statistical analysis is biologically non-necessary

other peopoles judgment is not a mental illness but it can be the cause or symptom of it

refraining from procreation and continuation of species is biologically necessary. if someone doesnt procreate, they are lacking some aspect and therefore should be removed from the genepool, literally darwinism
>>
>>6750252
lol for real though. This is like Mean Girls: Pseudoscience Edition.
>>
>>6750267
>nature
>should
You done fucked up.
>>
>>6750257
Even the word "race" is a bit unscientific. There are no different human races like they are with animals, since every human "race" belongs to the same subspecies.
>>
>>6750279
what? where am i wrong and how, quote the line that i said and detail why that specific line is wrong
>>
>>6750267
>if someone doesnt procreate, they are lacking some aspect and therefore should be removed from the genepool, literally darwinism
That has nothing to do with mental illness.
Mental illness =/= nonviable subject. A sterile person is nonviable, that doesn't mean they're mentally ill. A gay person might be considered a genetic defect, but that doesn't mean homosexuality is a mental illness (they're not a genetic defect of course, since there's no evidence that homosexuality is inherited and it has no impact on fertility. But if you want to pretend it is for the sake of your worldbuilding, feel free to invoke suspension of disbelief on that one).
As for darwinism, if that applied homosexuality would have been bred out fucking ages ago. Still pretending it's a defect, after all there are a lot of horrific genetic disorders and general physical limitations that haven't been bred out yet, but pulling the term 'darwinism' out of your ass here is about as relevant as adding 'dodecahedron' to the end of your post.

The rest of your points simply have nothing to do with anything and there's only so much time I'm willing to waste on you considering how fucking boring and stupid you are. Fingers crossed you follow through, because I need to go to bed. Oh no, I'm still replying despite a greater biological need at stake, muh mental illness.
>>
>>6750267
Darwin actually stated that the inclination towards cooperation with other members of your species was the most vital survival trait. It's not just about every single individual in a species being the strongest, fittest, or most able to mate.
>>
>>6750288
so youre saying that if a mentally ill guy gets rejected by girls because he is mentally ill, he isnt mentally ill?
>>
>>6750292

Fuck it, I'm saying you're mentally ill, because I have no fucking idea how your brain works to put this kind of shit together. I hope you're fucking 13 years old because god damn. Where did this even come from? Are you just pulling random words out of the air to try and keep me interested?
>>
>>6750270
I know right? it would be more entertaining if it also weren't so simultaneously saddening that OP could be such a numbskull and is still trying to hold his own despite getting BTFO with various different arguments from different anons
i think he might be mentally ill tbqh
>>
>>6750300
no im just saying, mentally ill people can also be nonviable people

Just because people are mentally ill doesnt mean they cant be nonviable, mental illness can be the thing that makes them nonviable
>>
>>6750310
>Just because people are mentally ill doesnt mean they cant be nonviable, mental illness can be the thing that makes them nonviable

You haven't said a single thing this entire fucking thread that has anything to do with anything. You are a moron.
>>
>>6750311
im saying
Mentally ill = nonviable subject

im saying procreation is biologically necesarry activity

im saying because gay people cant procreate, they are mentally ill

Im saying just because someone doesnt procreate, but they have the possibility, doesnt mean they are mentally ill, they are just nonviable

gay people CANT procreate, therefore they are mentally ill

its not the question of do they? its the question of can they.
>>
File: 1452890308961.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1452890308961.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>6750287
>where am i wrong and how
The moment you gave nature itself anthropocentric intentions that can be defined and subsequently carried out by humans when nature somehow "fails." This is impossible because nature has no known intentions, let alone an anthropomorphic personality. The existence of the ability to reproduce, and the drive to reproduce, is not the "natural necessity" to reproduce, but merely the natural existence of the means of reproduction and the inclination towards it. So essentially the entire OP is ass backwards, but also the post I quoted. All of "nature's intentions" with regards to human beings are pure pareidolia reinforced by millennia of culture and religion. Nature just is. Gay and straight people just are. Trying to make an argument that's essentially "nature thinks this thing humans do is wrong" is beyond arrogant, let alone ignorant.

You are a self-important speck of space dust with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>6750323
>im saying
>Mentally ill = nonviable subject

> doesnt mean they are mentally ill, they are just nonviable
>>
>>6750328
yeah forget that, i looked at it and changed my mind, but the argument still stands
just ignore the "mentally ill = nonviable" part,
mental illness can sometimes be the cause of noviability but not always
>>
>>6750333
You mean your friend's argument, right?
>>
>>6750334
tb-h i dont think op is in this thread anymore, maybe just monitoring
>>
File: cropped_promotion_0.png (383KB, 505x493px) Image search: [Google]
cropped_promotion_0.png
383KB, 505x493px
>>6750017
Just reply with
Lol y u mad tho
>>
File: 1467701965744.jpg (49KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1467701965744.jpg
49KB, 500x345px
>>6750337
hmm
>>
>>6750017
Homosexuality is a mental illness, the ONLY reason it was taken out of the DSM was because of money and lobbying groups that pressured and intimidated the APA. Now these same groups bent on destroying society are trying to get paedos classified as a healthy sexuality just like they did with homosexuality.
>>
>>6750346
It's a bit late for a direct argument, OP.
>>
>>6750325
OP BTFO
>>
>>6750325
>>6750325
where did the argument make nature anthropocentric? i re-read it a couple of times and still cant find it. it only focuses on human behavior. it never mentioned stuff like "homosexuality is wrong because it isnt natural or normal"

sorry if im misunderstand something though it isnt necessary to call me evil or bad
>>
>>6750323
>Mentally ill = nonviable subject
Irrelevant. That doesn't mean nonviable = mentally ill.
Homosexuals are nonvialbe =/= homosexuals are mentally ill.
I explained this already.

>because gay people cant procreate
Yes they can. Homosexuality is not infertility. They are still perfectly capable of having children, just not via homosexual sex.

I can't believe I'm letting you waste my fucking time like this.
>>
>>6750362
You should stick to politics.
>>
>>6750333
>just ignore the "mentally ill = nonviable" part,
That was literally the only part that even approached making sense. Even though it was irrelevant.
>>
>>6750362
>homosexuality is a mental illness
>it's a mental illness because it's unhealthy
>it's unhealthy because nature wants us to breed

This is your argument, and it sucks.
>>
>>6750366
>>6750366
>>6750366
"Yes they can. Homosexuality is not infertility. They are still perfectly capable of having children, just not via homosexual sex."

how the fuck are you supposed to fuck a chick if you cant get your dick hard. homosexuals are disgusted by heterosexual sex just like how heterosexuals are disgusted by homosexual sex.

if you cant feel attraction for the opposite sex, how are you supposed to impregnate it
>artifical means
so if it was 500 years ago considered a mental illness, its not now because we have the machines to allow homosexual reproducement.

thats like saying if you have a mental illness that makes your hands shake, you dont have one because you can just strap this mechanical arm that just negates the shaking

if you can fuck women and men, you are BI not gay
>>
>>6750483
OP already got completely destroyed. Why are you trying to keep it up. You're embarassing yourself.
>>
>>6750401
nature doesnt want us to breed,
we have the trait that we want to breed
those who fucked eachother and trough nautral selection, those who fucked the opposite sex made offspring that also had the desire to fuck.
trough this process fucking the opposite sex has become an essential trait for a human being but suddenly we have people who cant fuck the opposite sex, even though every single relative before them fucked the opposite sex.

surely something is wrong with the individual who cant fuck the opposite sex
>>
>>6750506
>sex has become an essential trait for a human being
It is merely a trait. You're the one who ascribed "essential" value to it from a human perspective as if all humans "should" have both the ability and desire to breed since it's a common trait and has become a mainstay in our culture. You pretend this very human perspective of humanity is somehow both objective and that of nature itself. There is no "wrong" or "right" in nature. Things just are.

>surely something is wrong with the individual who cant fuck the opposite sex
And that is your opinion, which is fine as long as you don't try to act like this is "nature's" opinion, or in any way objective, scientifically proven, or accurate.
>>
>>6750506
>surely something is wrong with the individual who cant fuck the opposite sex
Before gay rights and acceptance, gay men would have to be secretive, but they still had wives and children to fit in with the rest of society.
So it's not a matter of gay men "can't" have sex with women, they have been doing it to fit in up until recently.
>>
>>6750483
>how the fuck are you supposed to fuck a chick if you cant get your dick hard.
By getting your dick hard.

>homosexuals are disgusted by heterosexual sex
No, they're just not into it.

>so if it was 500 years ago considered a mental illness,
But it wouldn't be. You keep calling random shit mental illness.
Homosexuals are not infertile. Being infertile does not make you mentally ill.

Do you not fucking realise that lesbians get pregnant all the fucking time from pre-"oh shit, I'm gay" relationships with men? Do you not fucking realise that homosexual men get married and raise children all the fucking time because society expects it of them and they're too pussy to do anything else?
>>
>>6750506
>trough this process fucking the opposite sex has become an essential trait for a human being

Fucking backwards. This trait was essential for making human beings, it didn't BECOME essential, and it no longer IS essentially because there are 7 fucking billion of us and not everyone needs to pump out a fucking litter. There is zero need for every human being to breed.

>even though every single relative before them fucked the opposite sex.
There can be more than one gay person in a family. What are uncles, aunts, cousins, brothers, sisters. Every single fucking person doesn't need to breed. The family line doesn't end with one queermo.
>>
Is masturbation a mental illness too? What about watching Netflix? Or not eating 100% healthy diet?

This is why a teleological view of nature is fucking retarded.
>>
>>6750598
>>6750754
arent they just BI then if they can feel attraction to women and men?

i have seen videos of homosexuals trying to have sex with a woman but they were so disgusted
and just couldnt do it

the very definiton of homosexual is a person who is only attracted to the opposite sex
this means they cant have a romantic or sexual feelings towards the same sex

if they would be attracted to the both sexes, they would be BI-sexual

>>6750776
if sex isnt necessary why have we also evolved wider hips and a more suitable spine for carrying infants (women) and the instinct to take care of our children, we are optimized for having sex and children. our existance is because of sex, if we wouldnt have sex we wouldnt exist so its logical to assume we need to have sex or attempt to aquire sex

just because you are mentally ill doesnt mean your relatives cant be

also the human brain cant just recognize overpopulation like that, it wont remove the trait that we all share just because there is an abundance of that trait

>>6750536
sex is essential to humans, just like sympathy and empathy.
thats why we lable sociopaths mentally ill, bi-polar people mentally ill because they have things that restrict biologically necessary things such as having good socialization skills and capability to have teamwork with other people

>>6750789
masturbation isnt ill, it satisfies your sex drives and produces dopamine in your brain which gives you motivation to do things

watching netflix isnt mentally ill, humans need stimulation, netflix provides that

not eating a 100% healthy diet might take too much time or money which can be used for more beneficial things that you need.
>>
>>6750754
also being infertile makes you have a birth defect, not a mental illness
>>
>>6750811
>arent they just BI then if they can feel attraction to women and men?
No.

>i have seen videos of homosexuals trying to have sex with a woman but they were so disgusted
>and just couldnt do it
Not all people are the same, and it sounds like you simply stumbled upon some a fun subgenre of porn, because normal people don't film themselves having really awkward sex with people they're not attracted to and then upload it to the internet.

>this means they cant have a romantic or sexual feelings towards the same sex
Those aren't necessary to fuck someone.

>if sex isnt necessary why blh blah blah completely missing the point again
No.

>just because you are mentally ill doesnt mean your relatives cant be
More irrelevant shit!
PLEASE be 13 years old, no pedo, I'm just very concerned for your fucking brain.

>sex is essential to humans, just like sympathy and empathy.
As a species, not as individuals.

>thats why we lable sociopaths mentally ill
Sociopaths have sex. Mostly rape.

>bi-polar people mentally ill
Nothing impedes bi polar people from having sex. Except medication.

>because they have things that restrict biologically
No, because they're fucking mentally ill and have issues that cause distress and/or impede their ability to function in society, as per the actual dictionary definitions cited earlier.

>good socialization skills and capability to have teamwork with other people
Do you even know what a fucking sociopath is? Their socialisation skills are such that they're likely to use it to manipulate people. And bipolar disorder has nothing to do with socialisation.

>masturbation isnt ill, it satisfies your sex drives
Without making dem babies. It puts people at risk of just masturbating all day, and according to you everyone is required to breed.

>watching netflix isnt mentally ill, humans need stimulation, netflix provides that
They could be hunting for sex.

>also being infertile makes you have a birth defect, not a mental illness
Duh.
>>
>>6750811
>aren't they just BI then if they can feel attraction to women and men?
Not necessarily. You could be thinking about a man the entire time you were having sex with a woman. Plus, your sexual behaviour doesn't have to match up with your sexual orientation or your ideal partner. And in the times where homosexuality was a criminal act, your ideal partner would mean a jail sentence, or if we go back a bit further or even simply to a middle eastern country in our present day - a death sentence.

Also, sex may be something a majority of humans desire (a desire which is an evolutionary left-over I might add) but not wanting to participate in it, or have children as a consequence of it, is perfectly logical considering modern-day life and our daily struggles no longer centred around finding enough food and shelter and a mate before we die of natural causes in our 30s. Now we're more intelligent than our hunter-gatherer ancestors and we've built up a society that negates the need to breed for the survival of the species. In fact, in a few decades we may have even cracked being able to create human life in a vat-type set-up with no female required for carrying the child, made from artificial sperm cells and egg cells, meaning sex for the sole purpose of procreation would no longer be necessary for having offspring. Sex would either be obsolete, or it would be done simply for fun and recreation, like the majority of it is already done for now.
>>
>>6750325
OP btfo

Can't believe this bait has gone on so long.
>>
>>6750017

Tell him "that's too long. Didn't read" and never speak again.
>>
>>6750992

Only worthwhile posts this entire thread.
>>
>>6750860
>arent they just BI then if they can feel attraction to women and men?
>No.
well what the fuck did i miss,
theres BI that fuck men and women
theres Homo that fuck the same sex
theres hetero that fuck the opposite sex
theres Asexual that dont fuck anyone.
Whatever, irrelevant. i just tired to say that gays exculsively fuck the same sex

>Not all people are the same....
it was a clip from documentary or something

>Those aren't necessary to fuck someone.
so the only way gay people can reproduce is, none? unless the females maternal instincts are non-existant. because im pretty sure a female wouldnt want to mate with someone who doesnt love them intimately, let alone raise a child

>More irrelevant shit!
well why the fuck do you ask irrellevant questions the original question was
>There can be more than one gay person in a family. What are uncles, aunts, cousins, brothers, sisters. Every single fucking person doesn't need to breed. The family line doesn't end with one queermo.

>As a species, not as individuals.
species consists of individauls, if individuals wouldnt have sex drive, there wouldnt be a species left. its also safe to assume that individuals that share the same species.

>Sociopaths have sex. Mostly rape.
yeah but compare the average persons chance to reproduce and sociopaths chance to reproduce, sociopathy is clearly a trait that adds to unviability

>No, because they're fucking mentally ill and have issues that cause distress and/or impede their ability to function in society, as per the actual dictionary definitions cited earlier.
you cant act normal if you have a thing that restricts you to act normally such as a mental illness, it doesnt mean you cant for example, talk with people, it restricts you to talk with people normally. you can still talk, but it is not so effective compared to talking without a mental illness.
>>
>>6751056
>well what the fuck did i miss,
Literally everything.

>because im pretty sure a female wouldnt want to mate with someone who doesnt love them intimately,
Are you an alien trying to gather intelligence? No one's this ignorant.

>well why the fuck do you ask irrellevant questions the original question was

>species consists of individauls, if individuals wouldnt have sex drive, there wouldnt be a species left. its also safe to assume that individuals that share the same species.
Our species needs men. That doesn't mean everyone needs to be a man.

>yeah but compare the average persons chance to reproduce
>ou cant act normal if you have a thing that restricts you to act normally such as a mental illness,
Educate yourself you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>6750860
cont,
>Do you even know what a fucking sociopath is? Their socialisation skills are such that they're likely to use it to manipulate people. And bipolar disorder has nothing to do with socialisation.
well sorry i picked the wrong mental illnesses, im sure there are some that fit my description

>Without making dem babies. It puts people at risk of just masturbating all day, and according to you everyone is required to breed.
well if masturbation can satisfy everything you need, why do people still have sex.
masturbation just provides a temporary solution. it doesnt provide nearly enough the same experience that sex, and having children give.

>watching netflix isnt mentally ill, humans need stimulation, netflix provides that
They could be hunting for sex.
thats a stupid answer but im going to refute it anyway.

sometimes people just dont need sex. we need other things to keep us healthy too. some people do go to bars when they are bored and try to have sex sure but some of us maybe want a relationships that arent just one-night stands. people are looking for a good time to settle down and have children when they can support them. stimulation is essential for a human being, just like having children.

>also being infertile makes you have a birth defect, not a mental illness
>Duh.
this was too an answer to a irrelevant statement
>Homosexuals are not infertile. Being infertile does not make you mentally ill.
>>
>>6751110
>well sorry i picked the wrong mental illnesses
You mean sorry you spouted absolute bullshit with ZERO clue what you were talking about? Good, you genuinely fucking should be.

>well if masturbation can satisfy everything you need, why do people still have sex.
Not everyone does, because not everyone needs to.

>this was too an answer to a irrelevant statement
I know. I'm not going to fucking congratulate you for finally noticing a point I made a million fucking years ago, while still completely missing the point.

I'm going to try and go to sleep again. Try not to light yourself on fire while you're unsupervised.
>>
>>6751080
>well what the fuck did i miss,
>Literally everything.
well im targeting the group that are attracted and only have sex with men

>because im pretty sure a female wouldnt want to mate with someone who doesnt love them intimately,
>Are you an alien trying to gather intelligence? No one's this ignorant.
what is so ignorant about this statement? am i wrong and please tell why i am.

>species consists of individauls, if individuals wouldnt have sex drive, there wouldnt be a species left. its also safe to assume that individuals that share the same species.
>Our species needs men. That doesn't mean everyone needs to be a man.
thats like saying, our species consists of people who eat food, not everone needs to eat food.

>yeah but compare the average persons chance to reproduce
>ou cant act normal if you have a thing that restricts you to act normally such as a mental illness,
>Educate yourself you fucking mongoloid.
i cant see where im wrong, please point why i am.
>>
>>6750017
Heterosexuals follow their base, pre-programmed instincts like all other animals.

Homosexuals on the other hand are liberated from this chain of biological slavery. There is no higher form of freedom than being gay.
>>
>>6751134

>well if masturbation can satisfy everything you need, why do people still have sex.
>Not everyone does, because not everyone needs to.

no, because we have the base instinct to have sex and children. because without sex and children we wouldnt have a species left.

>well sorry i picked the wrong mental illnesses
>You mean sorry you spouted absolute bullshit with ZERO clue what you were talking about? Good, you genuinely fucking should be.

doesnt mean i am wrong, that is an adhominem attack

>this was too an answer to a irrelevant statement
>I know. I'm not going to fucking congratulate you for finally noticing a point I made a million fucking years ago, while still completely missing the point.
please do explain your point in more detail
>>
>>6750017
That's not how mental illness is defined

You can contribute to the species without propagating your genes and therefore have a positive effect

Also he relies on naturalistic fallacy and uses a narrow arbitrary definition of nature to begin with

If he's not a homophobe why does he insist on classifying it as a mental illness?
What does he hope to achieve with this exactly?
Because if you find out he wants to do what homophobes want (sanctions imposed against homosexuals) then it's fairly likely that he himself is a homophobe
>>
>>6751162
You're fucking hopeless dude.
>>
>>6751193
lol, fag contributions to the species

aids and antiobiotic-resistant gonorrhea are things we're all grateful for
>>
>>6751193
>That's not how mental illness is defined
see >>6750185

>Also he relies on naturalistic fallacy and uses a narrow arbitrary definition of nature to
begin with
see >>6750506
it never mentions nature wants us to do something

>You can contribute to the species without propagating your genes and therefore have a positive effect
see
>no, because we have the base instinct to have sex and children. because without sex and children we wouldnt have a species left.
>>
>>6751244
Wow, looks like this friend of yours really rubbed off on you OP
>>
>>6751244
You should be grateful to Alan Turing for bestowing upon you the gift of making idiotic, redundant shitposts on a Cantonese basket-weaving forum.
>>
>>6750017
Well to be honest homosexuality is a mental illness, or at least it was 'till the APA buckled to pressure from the gay lobby.
>>
>>6751385
Homosexuality should re-criminalised tbqh
Can't beat the good ol' days
>>
>>6751249
Your statement about reproduction doesn't negate what I said about contribution.
Not everyone has to procreate to contribute to the species, you do much more contribution in the form of resource gathering. I'm too lazy to find it now but there's research that shows that having gay family members can help bolster long term prosperity. There's a reason homosexuality only occurs in some 5% of the population, similarly to other species.

Really if you want to make the argument that procreation is the only way to contribute then you have to consider all the retards reproducing low-iq, inbred mutants who consume more than they produce and therefore have a net negative effect on the fitness of the population as a whole

Also you need to consider that carrying capacities put hard limits on amount of reproduction, once you expand to a certain point then not procreating can actually improve the fitness of the species since there will be more resources per capita

Anyways this thread is bait as fuck and you're really stretching it
>>
>>6751137
>thats like saying, our species consists of people who eat food, not everone needs to eat food.
Do you realise you're basically saying every human being needs to be a man?

>i cant see where im wrong,
Because you're retarded.

>please point why i am.
I tried. I can't. I don't have any experience with special needs education, I'm sorry.
>>
>>6751249
>see >>6750185
See what? The post where you said "lolidunno"? Why not the post where the actual definition of a mental illness was directly quoted for you, from the dictionary you namedropped, and proved itself to have nothing to do with what you're saying?
>>
>>6750017
>'Because fuck science, I know better – that's common sense!'
>tips fedora
>>
File: list-of-insane-asylum.png (353KB, 384x569px) Image search: [Google]
list-of-insane-asylum.png
353KB, 384x569px
>>6751385

Women having an interest in reading used to be a mental illness.
>>
>>6751385
>IT'S DA GAY LOBBY HURR
>conveniently forgets that it was dogshit christian influence that considered homosexuality a mental illness in the first place
>conveniently forgets that very large parts of the dsm were revisioned because they realised a lot of their ideas were arbitrary
>conveniently forgets that a substantial amount of pressure to revision the dsm considering homosexuality came from APA members themselves
Next you'll say gays caused the downfall of Rome too.
>>
>>6750017
A mental illness is actually a disability which prevents an individual from operating functionally in society.
Plus the aforementioned naturalistic fallacy, and also, even under that fallacy, homosexual behaviour occurs in a good number of species, and even under the assumption that these cases are exceptions, there are species with social hierarchy based around bisexuality, such as Bonobos, Ruffs, and many others...
In short, this argument is bullcrap.
>>
>>6756466
(Continuing)
And on that note, if his definition of mental illness was true, then psychopathy wouldn't be a mental disorder, nor would be being bi-polar, manic depressive and a whole host of others, as they don't stop someone from reproduction.
>>
>>6750017
So now if you can't shit outdoors or in front of others you have a mental illness? More like the opposite. Biology and socialization play equally important roles.
I'm more deconstructing his premise of abstaining from "biologically non-necessary" bullshit, than trying to attack the premise that LGBT people are born this way.
Frankly idk if they are or aren't, and I don't invest time or energy in the topic because I don't give a shit. If all parties are consenting and no one's getting hurt, why should I give a fuck?
>inb4 broken hearts
>inb4 AIDS
That shit happens to everyone who has feelings and tries to date/fuck people, not just gays. It's just that gay men didn't have a reason to use condoms back in the 70s/80s, so gay men were the ones plagued by AIDS. That, and apparently anal is a great way to transmit.
>>
>>6750017
>44. Homosexuals necessarily do not produce offspring through their own genetic makeup, and even if they did, it would be recessive genetically and required two homosexuals to mate, literally an impossibility
>it would be recessive genetically and required two homosexuals to mate
He clearly doesn't understand how genes work, the difference between dominant and recessive genes, alleles, homozygote and heterozygote and the Hardy-Weinberg principle.
>>
>>6751249
Op, referring to the your assumption of that the only possible contribution to the species's is through reproduction...is incorrect, as humans have developed not only on a biological level, but on a scientific and technological level, and, a great many others.
For example, many scientists, such as Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, contributed to the species, not through reproduction, but by advancing a technological or scientific field, in a way that an advantage could be devised from them.
You fucking moron.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.