[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Spiro so widely recommended and prescribed for HRT when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 879px-Bicalutamide.png (19KB, 879x316px) Image search: [Google]
879px-Bicalutamide.png
19KB, 879x316px
Why is Spiro so widely recommended and prescribed for HRT when its effects as an anti-androgen are secondary at best? Even Cypro does a less-than-optimal job alongside its liver damage with long term use.

Bicalutamide is specifically designed as a non-steroidal selective androgen antagonist and is significantly more effective than either, Dutasteride is the only triple 5α-reductase inhibitor (stops DHT conversion), and together they are by far the best male-hormone blocking drugs available.

Is cost the only thing turning people away from these? Considering the significant drawbacks and risks associated with Spiro and Cypro, you'd think there would be much more advocacy for at least Bica.
>>
>>6749166
Both leave you fertile and all, dont actually kill your balls and stuff. Cypro i can stop using once the balls are completly dead, bica i have to take forever.
>>
>>6749238
Get an orchiectomy? Then you can stop taking bica afterwards and never have to worry about cypro problems.
>>
>>6749303
it doesn't really matter what you take if you'll just cut off your balls anyways. the liver problems don't start that soon and cypro is usually used as a cancer drug with much higher doses so idk how damaging it really is for us. though it is still damaging. spiro is only used in the USA as far as i know and it's due to some stupid reason.
>>
>>6749551
>spiro is only used in the USA as far as i know and it's due to some stupid reason.
because cypro isn't fda approved but if you wanna spend large amounts of money on GnRH antagonists instead go right ahead.
>>
>>6749166
>Cypro
>liver damage

Perhaps if you're a 60 year old man who has to take 300mg of the stuff for his prostate cancer. The dosage of 25mg needed for HRT has been shown to have negligible effect on the health of your liver.

It's also extremely effective with some girls even dropping down to 12.5mg and still attaining less than female levels of testosterone.

>Dutasteride
Completely pointless if your testosterone is sufficiently suppressed. If your testosterone is less than the female range (which is easily to reach through cyproterone acetate) then you will literally have less DHT in your body than a cis woman does. DHT needs testosterone to be created and when you barely have any testosterone you're going to barely have any DHT.
>>
>>6749676

What if I just want to be a femboy?
Dutasteride is not as heavily regulated as the others in my country.
>>
>>6749238
>MFW femboy
>mfw would probably be sad on some level if my balls died for good
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.