[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should passing Transpersons still be considered part of the LGBT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Trump_Trannies.jpg (94KB, 638x961px) Image search: [Google]
Trump_Trannies.jpg
94KB, 638x961px
Should passing Transpersons still be considered part of the LGBT community? I don't think they should since they're no longer oppressed due to their privilege.
>>
Passing/non-passing

Truth is transphobes will still colour us all with the same brush regardless
>>
>>6738319
just because you pass it doesn't mean no one knows youre trans lmao

not passing isnt the only cause of discrimination
>>
>could better pass as McDonald's than as a human female
>still support trump

Lmao.
>>
>>6738374
>still support trump

Are you clinically retarded?
>>
>>6738319
Passing privilege is a far cry from cis privilege.

No, passing trans people only experience a very conditional and in-itself alienating reprieve from the stigma of being trans.
>>
purge the liberal normies from this board
>>
>>6738319
This is what identity politics gets you, for all the cunts who use "privilege" and "oppressed" unironically.

You will eat each-other and I will laugh at it because it is what you deserve.
>>
>>6738403
Right, you still have to internalise how the world thinks about trans people. Like, you might benefit from being gay but not being out, and random people on the street aren't going to assume that any gay person is gay by default, but it's not the same as "full" straight privilege by a long shot.
>>
#TrapsForTrump
>>
>>6738319
>/k/aitilyn
>/k/
>maga

could you be any more cucked than this?
>>
>>6738319
>let's compare oppression points to see which of us is the biggest victim
You people are a laughing stock
>>
>>6738995
Yes!

Thank you.
>>
>>6738403
are you using the term "privilege" ironically? you are, right?
>>
>>6739192
No, I'm using it to refer to social advantages that certain groups of people can take for granted, and others cannot.

Specifically, that a cis person can take for granted that their gender will be acknowledged and respected, and that a passing trans person can take the same for granted *so long as they do not reveal themselves to be trans*, whereas an unpassing trans person can take no such thing for granted.

Whatever made you think I was being ironic?
>>
>>6739467
There is no "taking for granted" being able to pass. Passing is something that is taken, not given. Passing was thousands of dollars of my hard earned money. Passing was years of hormones. Passing is constant effort I make.

It is not societies obligation to treat me like a woman, it's my obligation to society to present properly as one. None of this is a fucking privilege you faggot, it's my hard work. So stop dismissing accomplishments as if they are some how gifts from god.

Some of us have to work harder than others, that's just how it is. You can cry about it or you can push on. No one cares who's privileged or not. It's absolutely fucking irrelevant.
>>
>>6739533
this anon's opinion is very good and i agree with her
>>
>>6738319
You are retarded, OP.
>>
>>6739533
Thank you based anon.
>>
>>6739533

Different anon, but you can't act like there aren't some transpeople who will never be able to pass no matter how much effort they put in.

And the anon you responded to was pointing out that a passing transperson can not be said to have the same amount of privilege as a passing cis person. They didn't say that a passing trans person has more privilege than a non-passing transperson at all. In fact, they pointed out that passing brings it's own unique drawbacks, such as being alienated from or envied by fellow transpeople (such as OP, who would accuse them of not even being part of the LGBT community anymore, as if simply being acknowledged as the correct gender somehow erases the experience of getting there), as well as the fact that a passing transperson experiences a mere illusion of acceptance that is simply based on the general public's assumption that they themselves are cis, which is not the same as being accepted as trans, and comes with a sword of damocles hanging over their head.

>getting triggered because someone used the word privileged
You dun goofed
Your points are fine, they're just arguing against something that anon didn't say.
>>
>>6739687

Addendum, read anon's second post more carefully and yeah okay they kinda did compare passing and non-passing transpeople, so I dun goofed a little too.
You dun goofed, he dun goofed, I dun goofed, we all dun goofed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viAF6CFwU0E
>>
>>6739533
Passing is almost entirely dependant on genetic bone structure. If Your skull or skeleton is too large you won't pass doesn't matter how much effort you put in
>>
>>6739137
I don't think you know what "cuck" means.
>>
Not necessarily. There are plenty of nonpassing uncle toms as well.
>>
File: 187.jpg (82KB, 680x1076px)
187.jpg
82KB, 680x1076px
>>6738821
The vast majority of liberals on 4chan are paid Hitlary shills.
>>
>>6739819
>everyone who disagrees me is part of a massive conspiracy

You delusional morons would be hilarious if you weren't so sad.
>>
>>6739824
Sup CTR, how's it feel that your candidate has to pay trolls like you to defend her "honor" on a weeaboo imageboard?
>>
>>6739824
Thanks for correcting the record
>10 cents has been deposited into your account
>this post brought to you by Hitlary Rotten KKKlinton
>>
>>6739834
pretending to be retarded isnt trolling, its just pretending to be a retard
>>
>>6739834
>>6739855
>trump retards are incapable of viewing the world without a conspiratorial lens
>are so autistic that they literally can't even comprehend other people holding different opinions
>>
>>6739687
>>6739708
I'm not trying to make any sort of argument to specific things. They said something stupid, I addressed it and then expanded on that idea to create a larger conversation piece and promote my world view.

It's not the words that bother me, but the ideologies that follow so closely behind them. The use of the word privilege when discussing social and cultural issues is a cancer because it's an inevitable reality. Some people have things better than others. Water is fucking wet, who cares?

It serves no one to continuously point out the natural imbalance of things. Actually, it does server some people. It serves the kind of people that want the government to give them money for being lazy ugly faggots.

Commies get the fuck out please
>>
>>6738319
No, their privilege got them there.
>>
>>6739533
>None of this is a fucking privilege you faggot, it's my hard work. So stop dismissing accomplishments as if they are some how gifts from god.
>
>Some of us have to work harder than others, that's just how it is.

Lmao "with hard work anyone can pass!"

Yeah I'm sure it had noooothing to do with your totally arbitrarily assigned genetics and SES

>No one cares who's privileged or not. It's absolutely fucking irrelevant.
Truly said like someone with so much privilege they are blinded by it
>>
Yes.
Gay men should be removed for the same reason.
LGBT isn't about sexuality, it's about your status in society and the oppressed having a place to be themselves away from their oppressors.
>>
>>6744837
>>6744876

this better just be bait. otherwise tumblr has really, really gone too far.
>>
>>6744952
Actually I'd say that's the kind of thing that tumblr would collectively disagree with
>>
>>6738319
"Trans-woman murdered after telling her boyfriend/date/hook-up/fling that she's transgender. Man in question claims trans-panic and no charges are filed and media is sympathetic towards him and goes 'ew' to the dead girl."

Every time.
>>
>>6739732
You mean the 4chan definition of being blindly beholden to a specific ideology? She sure as shit is.
>>
>>6744962

Nah, I know Tumblr is hardly a hivemind, but I've absolutely seen posts claiming gay men are not oppressed and should be 'ousted from the community' or whatever. Same with 'white passing' black people, etc.
I mean, most individuals on Tumblr would probably disagree with that, even most individuals involved in Tumblr social justice 'discourse', because it's simply lunacy. But if we're talking about Tumblr oppression olympics going too far, that train of thought is right up their alley in the same way a stereotypical representation of 4chan culture wouldn't be expected to care about eg a suicide, even if most individual posters on 4chan are actually human beings who would probably be sympathetic.
>>
>>6744998
Ah right I get you now. It's hard to determine what people mean when they say "this is something tumblr would say" because, like you said, it's not quite a hivemind there. I feel like that results in people who are perceived as taking social justice too far being conflated with the type of people that act homophobic etc under the guise of social justice - but from personal experience, while there is an intersection between the two groups, I think that for the most part they're pretty different. I mean, you could really pick anything you dislike in social justice and claim they're all traits of the typical SJW, but in reality it's hard to tell. Do we consider trans exclusionary feminists as "SJWs" despite their views disagreeing with typical trans inclusionary social justice? What about people who claim that asexuals are far more oppressed than gay people and reject straight privilege? Is the invention of a million new letters for the acronym a fault of social justice or is it straight people pushing themselves into the LGBT community, something that would be considered anti social justice? I think there's a lot to consider and frankly it confuses the fuck outta me. But yeah I get the type of people you mean, that use a position of social justice to actually do anti-social justice things, though my own take is that if that's the case, it's not really the fault of the social justice itself since the opinion is a homophobic one which is sort of anti social justice by default? Sorry if this post makes zero sense, it's pretty disorderly and I forgot the point I was making
>>
Privilege oppression Tumblr meme thread

Kuso thread

Report and hide
>>
>>6745052
jesus fucking christ learn how to format your writing retard

I'm not reading that wall of text
>>
>>6745085
soz, looked alright on mobile
>>
>>6744837
>Yeah I'm sure it had noooothing to do with your totally arbitrarily assigned genetics and SES

strawman

>Truly said like someone with so much privilege they are blinded by it

not an argument
>>
>>6744971
That's not ANY definition. Where did you come up with that bullshit?

Blindly beholden to what ideology? She's a /k/ommando? She believes in the right to own guns? Because she doesn't suck Hillary Clinton's rotten vag?

>>6744803
Their privilege? What privilege? Because they look better than other transwomen, they're privileged and suffer in absolutely no way whatsoever? Do you know said person's life story? Do you know what they went through and put up with before, starting and later during transition? No? Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>6745509
Kys filthy hon
nobody gives a rats ass about ur opinion
>>
>>6745521
>Implying anybody gives shit about an opinion that couldn't counter another's eloquent reasoning

Just as stupid and catty as ever when you faggots can't even come up with a simple retort. You people are pathetic and childish.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.