[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll start with saying that I'm a stubborn asshat who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1471147898348.jpg (78KB, 503x570px) Image search: [Google]
1471147898348.jpg
78KB, 503x570px
I'll start with saying that I'm a stubborn asshat who is extremely resilient to changing old views. This is what I've known and had as basic understanding of all my life.

Situation: Friend's lesbian sister gets together with another lesbian girl, and this person later decides that they are male. Now everyone expects each other, me included, to refer to this person as male. But this person lacks the very utmost basic features that makes any living being male. They have no penis, they can't produce sperm, and to my knowledge they still have the ability to give birth. They also remain with clearly feminine body structure, and by observing face and voice couldn't be taken as male (tomboyish at most).

(cont)
>>
File: 1467789170228.gif (791KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1467789170228.gif
791KB, 300x168px
>>6732754
So what's happened is that I and my friend are being absolutely vulgar about this topic to the point where we're both feeling disrespected, and as for me, it makes me unsure whether or not I want to talk to my friend at all. Especially since my friend is trying to force all this that I don't believe in down my throat, no pun intended. I asked my friend to at least show me believable scientific proof of "gender only being what you feel like" as they would call it. They send me to old journalist articles of mumbo jumbo that couldn't be taken seriously.

If I'm in the wrong about this, then be my guest and convince me of why. This is all ridiculous and I really barely care about sexuality or "gender" otherwise, but the person in question is still clearly a female to me.
>>
>>6732755
Call her what she wants to be called and believe what you want to believe, but keep it inside.
>>
>>6732767
I try to, and I actually have been for the most part, but just last night we somehow got into a huge fight about this. My friend now thinks I'm a disrespectful bastard.

I guess it started because I made - what I thought to be - a very small and momentary joke about the vaguely relevant topic while talking over Discord, with both this one friend and two others. This friend threw a tantrum and left mid sentence though.
>>
File: enough.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
enough.gif
2MB, 500x281px
I guess the other problem here is that I normally really, really respect and trust this friend of mine. This makes me take almost anything they say personally, so when they decided to start calling me disrespectful I probably got quite out of hand. I mean, I felt that if I had actually been right there next to them in person, I could actually have hurt them physically.
I have anger issues and my friend knows this though. I dunno if it has any relevance, I just thought I'd add that.
>>
File: 1466893111605.gif (2MB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
1466893111605.gif
2MB, 400x316px
No thoughts on this matter?
>>
>>6732940
you're kind of an insensitive dick.

your approach is similar to the one atheistic redditors use when encountering religion.

even if you don't believe in it, if they're your friend can't you just go with it?
>>
>>6732978
I am. I'm totally fine with pretending that this female is male. But I'm still only pretending, and so is everyone else. And I normally despise lies.
>>
Guess I'll leave a last bump just because.
>>
>>6732755

>They send me to old journalist articles of mumbo jumbo that couldn't be taken seriously

>ask for source
>get source
>herp derp mumbo jumbo

Well then
>>
>>6733410
It isn't a source, it's some journalist's opinion.
Noone takes journalism seriously.
>>
>>6733016
then deal with it, no one needs to know your opinion, let people believe what they wanna
>>
>>6733423
Seems that I have to. But is there really no real, factual evidence that gender isn't what I see it as?
>>
>>6733421

Ah I misread it as journal article
>>
>>6733436
As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any research done on it to prove or disprove it

2bh I feel that most 'genders' are just personality traits but ya know
>>
>>6733451
It's just confusing to me.
>>
>>6733463
yeah especially when people are making up bullshit like this

http://genderfluidsupport.tumblr.com/gender

drives me mental
>>
OP, golden rule. If they're a shithead to you, you have no obligation to be polite and respectful to them, that includes recognition of what they identify as, misgender them its up to you. If they're a decent person for the most part and just going through a hard time, consider giving them some leeway.

Proper pronouns are not required despite what everyone thinks, it's transtrender entitlement. There is no law or anything prohibiting you from calling them female/she/her or even their legal female name. However, if you want to be tactful or you care not to lose friends, consider going along with it.

Now if they push you over the edge or really make you break a personal/moral boundary, then I'd say fuck them. Just realize that a lot of people newly coming out, gays, lesbians, trannies...they can sometimes be a bit dramatic and entitled to everyone recognized who they are and how they see themselves. With this in mind, try to see from their point of view. Eventually if they start taking Testosterone, they'll look and present male/like a guy and it'll be easier with gendering them properly.

A lot of early trannies have that problem, where they will demand everyone to call them by what they identify even if they aren't presenting or putting in effort to. At that point it's up to you while they are in that awkward phase as it can be hard to view someone differently compared to your first impression of them. After awhile when they are presenting, it should be easier.
>>
>>6732754
I'm ftm and i don't refer to other ftms that are not transitioned and don't pass as male as a guy

not on purpose either, its just impossible to refer to someone who doesn't look like a guy as he, its mentally straining
>>
>>6733421
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tsOmDzA5fRX2EH5Mg11kqIg/htmlview?pli=1

here's all the sources you could ask for
autistic faggot
>>
op gunna be honest i haven't read a single word in your entire thread i just came here to watch your gifs
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.