[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Help General #121

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 24

File: Trans Help General.png (208KB, 694x907px) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General.png
208KB, 694x907px
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt
search with google for specific threads

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>6667958
>>
>>6729812

I liked Totally Spies and PPG. But so did my brothers, so I think they were just entertaining shows.
>>
Total random, but serious question, but how do you all deal with irritation from shaving your butts?
>>
>>6730840

Just ignore it is all I could think to do. I guess I would like to hear a real answer as well.
>>
How do you learn about female hairstyling? I feel like it's something that's almost entirely learned as part of a female upbringing that I didn't have.
>>
For MTF, what does repeated vocal use at a feminine range, or repeated exercise (ie swallow and hold) do for your vocal cords?

Does it stretch them out and change them in any way that's conductive of a more passable voice?
My current week 1 voice is really hollow, but general replies I've gotten are just vague "keep practicing".

I know I need to keep practicing, but I want to know how that practice will actually work for me. Right now I'm just being told that practice will at least make my voice more steady and less strained, but no comments on how it'll change the hollowness of my voice
>>
How much does HRT (MtF) costs monthly?
>>
>>6731322
Go to a salon and have a stylist pick a hairstyle for you. That's what I did. Ask for an androgynous style that way if you have long hair, chances are they'll just give you a female cut.
>>
Has anyone gone to a gender therapist for tans feelings and come out of it with a different diagnosis?
I'm thinking about looking for one, but I'm not certain of anything yet and want to figure it out. I'd like to talk to an impartial judge who'll be able to help me out there, who'll hopefully recognise if it's something else or just a mistake. But maybe I need to figure that out on my own and only go to a therapist if I decide I actually need to take steps to transition.

I'm just a bit apprehensive about what the purpose of therapy is, if it can be used to 'rule it out', or if I risk putting myself on a conveyor belt.
>>
>>6731324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5gBKsvSwo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk8jz9IzVJY

There are a lot of other exercises to get your larynx used to the different position. First, do some laryngeal and jaw massage. Then, do some monotones of "aaaahhh", "eeee", and "oo", and hold them for the entire breath. Then, do the same, but lift the tone as you go. Eventually, it gets easier and you will hit higher notes with less tension.
>>
>>6732793
It shouldn't matter if you come out with a different diagnosis since i the end you should be happy.
>>
>>6733001

That's what I mean. Shit, I don't WANT to be trans, I'll take pretty much anything else.
I'm just ignorant about the purpose of therapy, if their actual job is to simply clear people for treatment, or if their job is to explore other possibilities. If they'll actually be on the lookout for what else it might be, or if they'll just assume my suspicion is correct. Because so far in looking up a few, it just feels like they'll assume anyone who's coming to them is definitely trans simply by the fact that they're questioning it, and I'm not there yet.

Plus, I don't want to be that guy who walks into a fast food joint and asks the cashier what they recommend, you know? If the only point of going to therapy is pursuing treatment for a predetermined diagnosis, I'll take my time to read the menu first.

It's hard for me to articulate it. I've just got a lot of confusion and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it, and I'm worried about getting ahead of myself.
>>
>>6731380
About $40 if you're DIY and you live in the US. No idea if you're legit, probably depends a ton on your insurance and state.
>>
>>6733137
Their job is to rule out that it isn't any other illness, also you can always stop HRT if you don't feel like it anymore (there won't be any permanent damage from the first 4 months or so.)
>>
>>6730840
Buck up, buttercup.
>>
>>6730840
>having ass hair
not trutrans
>>
>>6733987
>being alive
not trutrans
>>
>>6733137
>If the only point of going to therapy is pursuing treatment for a predetermined diagnosis
No, it shouldn't be like that. Therapy is mostly getting outside perspective from someone who knows a lot about what's (for lack of a better word) wrong with people. It's good to talk to someone who's not invested in you on an intimate level, but still wants the best for you.
If you feel like you're being rushed to a diagnosis (especially against your will) then that's a bad therapist. I've had several therapists throughout the years and none of them felt like Burger King, though only half were a good fit for me.
>>
>>6734440
Alright, before you shit on me or tell me to fuck off to femgen just hear me out.
I'm a twink/trap, I like crossdressing, and I especially like the attention I get when I pass as a girl. I'm 19 years old now and already starting to fall out of passability and have been considering transitioning to keep it up. I'm not overly attached to what little masculinity I have and already leave my cock in a cage most of the time, my family hates me for being a crossdressing faggot, and I don't want to ever have biological children due to medical conditions I don't want to pass on. For me, the most appealing parts of transition are the continued ability to pass as a woman and the sort of extended youth where transwomen tend to look a lot younger than their cis counterparts due to the nature of hormone therapy. At this point my reasoning is "Why the fuck not?" but I figure before I do anything rash I should ask the tranny council that exact question. So, any reasons I shouldn't? In addition to what I already mentioned above I'm not too concerned about the cost of surgery or medical risks of HRT, I'm going to die some time before 70 anyways.
>>
>>6735016
>>6734440
Yeah so I did not mean to reply to you. My bad.
>>
>>6733142
So if i live in North Carolina and i have no insurance?
>>
>>6735016
I can't think of anything except the risk of violence and ostracisation. But if you're gonna do it anyway, sooner is better than later. You can always quit - not consequence free, but testosterone is certainly less reversible.

>>6735025
I survived.
>>
When I was 18 or so, I noticed that I was obsessed with this band called An Café and their former guitarist, who dressed and styled girl like. I fantasied about being like them and even wanted my hair long and blond (to which my parents replied with buying a wig and embarrassing me by getting me to wear it)
Could this be a part of dysphoria?
>>
>on lupron
>been weirdly boner-y lately
>worried testosterone is too high

Anyone here have experience with lupron? Anyone still had high T despite being on it?
>>
>>6735403
>worried testosterone is too high

what. Lupron shuts down the production of hormones altogether. If it's working, you should have literally no T.

If you just started taking it, your hormones will increase during the first two or so weeks, then drop significantly until you reach 0.
>>
>>6735016
>I don't want to ever have biological children due to medical conditions I don't want to pass on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_therapy#Human_genetic_engineering

that probably wont be an issue in 10-20 years
>>
>>6735419
I've been on it for about a month. I'm just worried cuz I've been horny af lately.
>>
>>6735487
Very unlikely that you still have any T. Still, it's good to get blood work every one to three months.
>>
When is it best to shave before a laser appointment?

I'm hearing 24 hours before, the night before and as close as possible to the appointment
>>
>>6735959
Why don't you just call and ask?
>>
>>6735973
My laser place says to shave the night before but other posters have been told to do it 24 hours and some shave as close to the appointment as possible

Just wondering what's best
>>
>>6735182

You want to see doctors then?
>>
Would there be any downsides to me trying to battle dysphoria by getting /fit/ inbetween now and being able to talk to someone about my feelings in general? (Could be next month, most likely October though)
>>
>>6735995
Yeah
>>
>>6736112

I'm just saying my experience here. I thought that doctors visits were $150, but I saw a doctor last year when I was uninsured who charged $75 for the visit, and $75 for a test (standard blood and urine test, no hormones). Call the doctor you want to visit if you want a better idea of the price. You can get 60 2 mg pills of estradiol from Wal-Mart for $8 (though GoodRx says it's $10). That's one month. Check goodrx.com to see the price of spironolactone; I don't use that garbage.
>>
>>6736186
>>
What's more dangerous, spiro or cypro?

Which one do you recommend?
>>
>>6737625
Spiro has alot of non-lethal annoying side effects, Cypro is slightly harder on your liver but with significantly less side effects.

Go cypro if you can as it nukes your balls, and you can ramp the dosage down over time. Spiro doesn't quite do that and you'll be stuck on a full spiro dose forever, although spiro is slightly cheaper.
>>
>>6737625
Spiro is more dangerous to the average person. Lots of nasty side effects.
Cypro is more dangerous if you have a bad reaction to it. As in you might go blind or just die.
>>
File: 1414319682158.jpg (308KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1414319682158.jpg
308KB, 1000x1414px
Hey guys

I'm mtf and going to see a surgeon tomorrow for a consultation. This is mostly because I'm intending to get an ori but he also does full srs and such.

Naturally I want to get as much info as possible about that too as the consultation is fairly expensive, but I feel woefully unprepared...

What should I ask beyond how an ori might affect later srs?
>>
>>6736044

My place says 3 days before or to trim on the day. I think it depends on the laser but the idea is to basically have light stubble. You want the hair to be just above the skin.

Most laser places will have a trimmer and stuff there anyway so if you're not sure the safest thing to do is probably not shave and leave it to the technician.

That being said call them and ask straight if you can. I'd trust your clinic over random people on the Internet.
>>
>>6735979
Oh and it hurts a fair bit. Take some pain killers before you go.
>>
>>6739420
Explain you need all of your scrotal skin and to have it left as much intact as possible for future SRS. His method might not use any scrotal skin so he might not even consider that before you mention it but that means it's a shit SRS method and you don't want him to do yours.
>>
>>6740718
Unrelated, but would there be a benefit to stretching scrotal tissue if one plan to have SRS done ?
>>
>tfw severe receding hairline

Finasteride and Minoxdill will fix everything, r-r-right?
>>
File: 1390607362150.jpg (47KB, 321x337px) Image search: [Google]
1390607362150.jpg
47KB, 321x337px
>>6741245
I was scrolling past this but I saw Finasteride and Minoxidil being mentioned.
I'm not trans but here is my advice about these meds, as I've taken both.
Finasteride: took it for a short time, only a few months, but wrecked me. Post-finasteride syndrome hit me like a truck. http://www.pfsfoundation.org/
Guess ymmv if you're already into similar hormones if you're trans. But for me, it messed up my libido, severe depression, ed... just check that page. Also got prostatitis, which I think it's absolutely related to this thing messing up my endocrine system.
Minoxidil: poison. Took it for 2 years. First, you become a slave to it, as you need to be applying it constantly without missing a single dose and avoiding water to your scalp. The shedding is nasty and I don't really believe you ever go back to baseline. Your new "hair" looks gross and greasy. It's a chemical wig. It only works well for the crown. It only works for 2 years in any case.
I got strange palpitations which I suspect are due to it messing with my blood pressure.
And the worst of all, it depletes collagen in your face and causes water retention instead, making your face all puffy, and your skin leather-like, specially towards the (usually irritated) scalp. Don't try to do any exercise while in it, because the water retention goes away and your real collagen depleted face shows up: the darkest circles and most awful expression lines ever, and all hollow like a zombie. I looked like a HIV patient, or a junkie. I was back from the gym once and my brother who was visiting had not seen me since a year. He looked at me horrified "what happened to your face?" That's when I realized and started looking it up online, found many people in the same situation. 1 year after quitting I'm starting to look way better. I'd rather be bald than look 20 years older than I am. I'd sooner suggest a traditional wig than this poison.
Summary for both: AVOID AVOID AVOID
Fucking big pharma selling snake oil, seriously.
>>
Does anyone else here get a deep, intense feeling of longing at your worst? I feel like this is a major thing that has defined my sexuality ever since around third grade when I first discovered I had a sexuality. Whenever I see a truly beautiful girl I get an intense, profound feeling of jealousy and longing to be like her, to have her body, etc. Many times I start to adapt her mannerisms as well. Is this the AGP equivalent of love at first sight?
>>
Maybe the wrong place to ask this but...

Can i dtart spiro and E at the same time? I cant afford worsened depression from no hormones...
>>
After seven months on testosterone, I'm passing so well that I got a lot of double-looks and questions when presenting documentation for an overseas trip. I've identified as a boy so long and have used my chosen name for over ten years that I forget I'm still legally female and that my legal name is very feminine. All the paperwork and costs for a legalized name/gender change make me anxious but after my trip, I feel like it's going to be quite necessary soon. Does anyone have tips for making this process as painless as possible? One part that I don't like is that I will have to publish my legal name in a newspaper and I think that's so embarrassing cause it's really no one else's business what I do. Also I have a lot of medical debts I'll never be able to pay off because America is so great so will this cause them to deny me changing my identity? How will I be able to inform my employer, cause I live in a state where it's legal to fire someone for falling under the lgbt umbrella...
>>
>>6743053

>I will have to publish my legal name in a newspaper

That doesn't bother me, personally. It's that there's no way to get a name change published in the newspaper without it getting published online that bothers me. Anyone who still reads the newspaper is too old to have any effect on my life, whereas anyone with the ability to use Google could look up my name change.

>I live in a state where it's legal to fire someone for falling under the lgbt umbrella...

How do they not know already?
>>
>>6742348
Yeah you can, but if you have a history with allergies, especially allergies to medications, I highly recommend you start one first and then the other so that if you do act up you can easily find which one is causing your reactions.
>>
Will I regret cutting my hair short again? Last time it was short it made me cry, but now I want to give up transition and think short hair guy mode would be the best way to go, staying on hormones of course. Has anyone else here done this?
>>
>>6743137

I haven't cut my hair in a while, but every once in a while I have dreams where for whatever reason, my hair gets cut. Every time I regret it. The last time I was crying and moaning in the dream. So I know I'm not cutting my hair off, no matter how hopeless going full-time seems.
>>
>>6743193
I had a freakout dream like that once too. I hate this.
>>
>>6743087
Oh it being published online makes me feel even worse now.

Also my employer doesn't know because I present as female, no one has asked about my voice and I don't keep facial hair. If someone thinks I'm a girl, they're not going to see otherwise. I look at my job as a way to make money, not a definition of my identity. But if I change my name, they'll know something is up. It's hard enough to even get a job so I don't want to start over again.
>>
>>6743239
Look if it's possible to have an order to seal the records and hearing (often you have to prove it is a safety risk if it is published, though) alongside the name change. Depends on the state.
>>
>>6741438
I'm already taking Finasteride and there's no neagtives as far as I can tell

As long as it isn't leading to further hair loss
>>
Is it normal that just a week into MtF HRT your libido increases, you produce loafs and loads of precum (enough to get my underwear soaked with it even) and pain in the breast area?
>>
>>6744727
Well it certainly worries me that you use your precum to bake.
>>
>>6744794
Fuck me, what a typo haha.
>>
>>6730840
I think an epilator is the solution to that.
>>
>>6741438
>http://www.pfsfoundation.org/
>PFS affects less than 1% of users
ok
>>
>>6741245
Just use Spiro and Bica
>>
>>6743096
Ty kind anon, and I have like zero allergies that i know of. Here's hoping these arent the exceptions >~>
>>
>>6743137
I got my hair cut very short and I'm loving it so far, way less hassle.
>>
>>6746876
If the scabs last longer than a month you need to see a doctor. Probably an infection.
If you don't understand why you have scabs you need to think a little harder.
>>
>>6730621
Gay FTM here. Whenever I feel really excited about a boy crush it makes me feel dysphoric cause when a person with a vagina likes a boy it's associated with being a straight girl and it just makes me feel like shit. Anyone relate?
>>
>>6747644
I'm a bisexual MtF and my sexual attraction towards females makes me feel guilty because I think it somewhat invalidates my existence as a trans person. I just want to be a normal straight girl who is exclusively attracted to men.
>>
Hiya! So, little wall of text here. I've pretty much made up my mind, but I always like to get other opinions.

Starting with more recent history. I've been getting my facial hair lasered off for about a year now, despite not being able to really decide if I want to take the plunge for full-on transition just yet. I self-medded for a while, and loved every second of it. However, I got a little concerned with job security since I'm in the military, so I eased myself off. Lo and behold, they dropped the ban a month or two ago, and everything changed. My excuse for not making a decision was gone, and now I'm faced with the reality of such a big life decision. I'm 24 now and concerned it might be a bit too late for good hormone response, though my frame is extremely feminine already (>inb4 everyone says it's not too late). Worst part is the policy letter for in-service transition drops in October, and I'm heading over to the sandbox shortly before, so there's a very good chance I'll have to wait another 6 months before I can even start anything, hitting 25 in the process.

What do you all think? Is it worth the wait and the stress of transitioning in the midst of trans haters? I can give more details about the past and all that, but as for current situation, I've weighed all of my options and considered negative impacts, and I'm still willing to take the plunge.

>>6735959
They tell me to shave the morning of, but it depends on how quickly your facial hair grows
>>
Is it common for mtfs to be really misandrist, or vice versa with ftms? I have this irrational hatred for men. I assume it's projection but I'm not sure.

The fact that I'm mainly attracted to women also makes me feel really bad because- I dunno, imagining straight sex in general or using my penis makes me really uncomfortable. I'm usually okay with masturbating though, but once in a while I'll do it and feel really shameful. Something about "predatorial male instincts" or some shit.

And no, before someone asks, I've never used tumblr.
>>
>>6748028
Just drop the feminism, and stop using white knighting as a pick up line.
>>
>>6748033
I'm just not sure how it came about. Trust me, I don't like this garbage either.

I've kinda accepted being alone at this point as I'm an abomination and people generally don't date trannies.
>>
Am I not trans if I would rather not transition at all if I couldn't pass?
>>
>>6748630
What are you gonna do instead?

Play vidya and watch tv series until you decide to kill yourself?
>>
>>6748695
I have basically no idea how to respond to that. Instead of transitioning I would just not transition. I'd do all the same shit I would do if I had transitioned, but without transitioning first.
>>
>>6748028
I known someone that went from slightly MRA to radical-tier misandrist after some time transitioning. Was quite funny.

Apart from that, it seems common to have a lesser degree of it, it's both projection (I reject everything male in myself -> in others too), and somewhat rational, as you have seen what they do/say when there is no women around.
>>
>>6747930

Wouldn't transitioning simply so you can fuck the same sex without it being gay be way more invalidating? That's basically the typical cishet image of transpeople, just people who go to insane extremes trying to make it so they're technically not gay and can trap unsuspecting straight men.
If anything, the fact that you sacrificed being a 'straight guy' who has better odds of pulling women, in order to live as a (part-time) lesbian, shows that your gender identity is more important and valid to you than simply being a vehicle for your sexuality.
>>
Now that anon >>6748695 brings it up, people always talk about being transgender in the same breath as being suicidal. Which is fairly appropriate given that trans people have like 10 or 20 times the likelihood of committing suicide compared to cis people. But it strikes me that a group of people being overall much more likely to be suicidal doesn't mean every individual will necessary ever feel suicidal in their lifetime.
Is there any data for the percentage of transpeople who deal with suicidal thoughts/episodes/deaths in their lifetime? Like, it's commonly stated that something like 30% of people will experience depression in their lifetime or whatever, is there a similar statistic regarding the mental health of trans people specifically, that deals in stricter numbers rather than simply increased odds?
>>
>>6749942
There's this "41% of trans attempt suicide" meme, coming from a survey of trans people, iirc. But that's a bit deficient, because it does not account for age and "time lived while transition(ing/ed)"

Anyway, risk for the general population of dying of suicide is 12.1/100 000 per year (in the US). Assuming 20 times the risk for trans people, 240/100 000 (that's 0,24% per year). Attempts are said to be about 20 times more likely than "success" which would bring the attempt rate at 4800/100 000 (4.8% per year), which would reach the result of the survey data after less than 10 years living while trans.

So that would mean most will attempt, and about 25% will die of suicide over a lifetime, but that's based on what you said, "trans people have like 10 to 20 times the likelihood" which I'm not sure is true.
>>
Should I start Spiro with 50 or 100 mg? Gonna increase dose by 50mg every 3 months until my T levels are down (gonna take blood tests). After that I'll start Estrogen.

I did hormones for a year when I was 17 and stopped because I was poor. 22 now, gonna start with Spiro first because I need to lose 5 kilograms first to prepare for that weight gain from Estrogens, and losing weight on it is really hard from my experience.
>>
>>6749942
i'd say that literally 100% of trans people feel depressed or suicidal at some point
>>
>>6750005
just do 100mg imo
>>
>>6748028
idk

it's more the opposite for me

I hate myself for wanting to be a girl when girls are inferior in almost every single way to men

Why would I want to be inferior?
What is wrong with me?
>>
Really gross question:
Mtf, 23, 3 years hrt, pre srs and pre orchi
I noticed that i have a few droplets of a white sticky secrete, which doesn't smell. I don't produce much ejaculate anymore and if i orgasm it's clear and totally different. Sometimes slight discomfort after peeing.
Do i have tripper?
>>
>>6750280

Because you can't take the pressure of being superior.
>>
>>6750303
I'm under no pressure like that.

I just hate myself for wanting to be a girl when it's worse than being a guy.
>>
mtf here
how long can i be on an aa without e before it messes me up? cypro if it matters.
>>
>>6750320
>worse than being a guy
Girls have it better, and this is coming from a gay guy.
>>
File: 55rYrBH.jpg (65KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
55rYrBH.jpg
65KB, 960x640px
are there bras just for transwomen?

im 34b and not wearing a bra is kind of weird now, but everything besides sport bras feel a little too tight because male skeleton
>>
>>6750705
look for balconette-style bras
there are some informations about shallow breasts out there, search for /r/abrathatfits and look up the bras that usually fit (f.e. b temptd balconette bras)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471432168625.jpg (22KB, 514x662px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471432168625.jpg
22KB, 514x662px
Anyone have a like, a guide to dressing for different physiques? I'm top heavy and it makes it hard dressing as a girl.
>>
>>6750993
>>>/fa/
Nothing tranny specific but there was a lot of stuff for all sorts of shapes on their wiki iirc.
>>
>>6751017

Kot blini, friend.
>>
File: LulaLu_05_Nude_HighRes_Cropped.jpg (613KB, 1300x1800px) Image search: [Google]
LulaLu_05_Nude_HighRes_Cropped.jpg
613KB, 1300x1800px
>>6750705
Try Lula Lu petites?
>>
>>6747930
I absolutely sympathize with you. I'm really sorry you feel that way too :c
>>
>>6748028
i used to be wary of trans girls cos i had a particularly bad friendship with one, but after being able to meet up with more it's gotten better. i'm ftm by the way.
>>
Severely restrictive diets and weight loss won't increase beard growth right?

I know it sounds dumb, but its the only thing I've changed recently and now my dermatologist is pointing out a ton of new hair growth that I shouldn't be getting while on hrt. This is making getting rid of the beard frustrating.
>>
>>6753444
If anything that would make you lose hair.
>>
>>6753598
Yep I've figured. Been on spiro for two years same dose, time to get levels checked again I suppose. I hope its not somehow losing effectiveness.
>>
>>6753764
just don't be anorexic and you should be okay
breast development happens for like 7 years
>>
>>6730621

So others have said starting HRT when you're like 18.5 BMI/underweight/low weight so you can pack on the pounds under the effects of estrogen is fantastic, so I want to try that. The problem is, I started losing weight last summer, where I started at 185 pounds (I'm 5'10", so my goal is 129 pounds) and stopped at 165 pounds because summer was over and I don't have money for a gym membership. I couldn't wait for the next summer either to continue because I would just be letting testosterone fuck my shit up that whole time. I couldn't afford that because my hairline started receding the year before and I didn't want that to end up permanent, so I started HRT. Now I'm wondering whether I can even go down to 129 without stunting my development under estrogen. Though I may have already done that by going to sleep so late for the entire time I've been on HRT, which will be 1 year in three days. Obviously I can't go off HRT to lose the weight because that itself would be contrary to my goals. I'm also worried the pretty hard hits I've gotten to my breast buds has also ruined them. If your breast hurts for a whole day after getting hit, does that mean it's definitely fucked? I also want to switch to injections soon, to see if that does anything. Considering all of this, does anyone know when it's safe to lose all this weight? Or should I just work on my ass and thighs and hope the male fat and muscle melt away over an extended period of time?
>>
>>6753852
see
>>6753837
>>
>>6753896

But how can the body build, say, breast tissue, when it's running the calorie deficit necessary to lose weight?
>>
>>6754167
i'm no expert here, in fact i almost failed 9th grade biology, but breast tissue isn't fat or muscle, which is what the body uses when at a caloric deficit
just don't be at a dangerously low deficit
girls in puberty who might be fat and losing weight aren't losing out on their femgainz, so why should you? you're basically going through puberty again
>>
>>6754291
Yeah... you should have failed 9th grade biology. They DO lose out on their 'femgainz'.
>>
File: images-75.jpg (39KB, 343x429px)
images-75.jpg
39KB, 343x429px
Can anyone respond this?Ive read that prolactin can cause hairloss.How much time would it take for(as an example,bica or spiro) to do this?
>>
>>6754291

But calories are the body's energy source. If you're doing so much in a day that you're body is consuming its fat reserves to keep up, surely the body doesn't have the calories to spare for growth. I'm pretty sure they say all the time on /fit/ you can't bulk and cut at the same time.
>>
does anyone have a link that explains that to transition and be prescribed hormones, you have to jump through hoops and see a therapist?

ive looked through the pastebins but i can't find anything that accomplishes that exactly
>>
>>6731380
Australia about $10 at chemist warehouse (prescription needed)
>>
this might be kind of a dumb question but can you play sports if you get ffs? i'm not talking football or hockey or anything, but if there's a nonzero chance of getting hit in the head with a ball...
>>
File: 1235424123125.png (375KB, 623x434px)
1235424123125.png
375KB, 623x434px
How friendly is this general to chasers looking to find a clingy waifu
>>
Is it normal that I've never cried over my dysphoria?
>>
>>6753444

I know lanugo (fine bodyhair) is a symptom of anorexia, when the body gets so thin it has to take extra measures to insulate itself. Does that sound like something that could be happening?
>>
>>6756249
I don't think I've ever teared up about dysphoria only, but if I'm feeling sad about something else it likes to jump on the pile.
>>
>>6756224
yeah this is not the place for that
>>
Has anyone experienced increased libido after an orchiectomy? My girlfriend recently had her orchi and she is worried that this is being caused by adrenal glands producing excess testosterone and masculinizing her. She is very dysphoric about downstairs and recently has not been able to control her libido which leads to conflicting feelings. Has anyone here experienced anything like this? She is currently on 4 mg of Estradiol and 100 mg of Spiro.
>>
>>6756957
That's what blood tests are for.
>>
Worried non-binary person here. Will most gender therapists in America understand non-binary genders? I'm paranoid I'll see one and he'll try to 'fix' me or tell me I'm confused.
>>
>>6757433
>Will most gender therapists in America understand non-binary genders?
Probably not. It's still normal for trans people to lie about fitting stereotypes to get through the process.
>>
>>6730621
the hrt gen died so i guess ill ask here.

I've heard that Crypro can cause a spike in testerone, is there any curve and when is this spike expected to end? When i just started things were great, but now all things symptoms of hrt working have disappeared - i feel again as i did pre hrt. Im guessing thanks to that spiking effect im predominantively on t now and so the symptoms disappeared.

Super anxious about this how long will this last? Can hrt just stop working all of the sudden?
>>
>>6757513
check your levels
>>
>>6757611
>tfw endo appointment is in 2 months
ugh
>>
>>6744727
The libido increase and breast pain happened with me almost immediately then calmed down petty quickly. I don't think I'm producing any more precum, though because it's thinner it may come out easier or make it seem like there's more of it somehow.
>>
Is hair loss related to doing a starvation mode diet?
>>
>>6758635
It doesn't help, that's for sure.
>>
>>6758635
Vitamin D deficiency.
>>
Does AGP mean that I'm not actually trans or that I shouldn't transition? I think I'm AGP, but I'm not sure. It's really like a swing. Sometimes, I'll be feeling actively bad about my body, sometimes I won't feel bad but I would still be excited and aroused at the thought of being a woman, and sometimes I'm completely neutral(still not appreciating my male body though) and I'll look back and write posts like this. It's like a mix of AGP and dysphoria. And it doesn't help that I imagine myself as being masculine with a female partner and being feminine with a masculine partner. What the hell is up with me?
>>
>>6756125
The biggest danger is the chin shave, and it's not even that big of a deal. You're definitely more likely to end up breaking something though, or having a worse break than you would otherwise.
>>
>>6756125
Definitely something to bring up with a surgeon you're considering. Please remember to be unapologetic when asking questions that will impact the direction of your whole life.
>>
how do you deal with a large forehead and high hairline ._.
>>
>>6735487

>Being horny means you might have lost control over your T

This meme needs to end.
>>
File: 1469224468805.jpg (831KB, 700x933px)
1469224468805.jpg
831KB, 700x933px
Even when I straighten my hair rigorosly, it turns to this shit mess within five minutes of stepping outside - specifically, it curls and gets tangled very easily..

How to combat this? Would getting my hair thinned out help or hinder?

For MtF. Thanks!
>>
>>6758802
>>I'm AGP, does this mean I'm not trans?
>No, you can be AGP and trans.
>>
How do I come out as mtf to my mom? She's very liberal but she doesn't really understand trannies that well, and I'm afraid she'll react like one of my friends trans sibling's parents did. Her dad was like depressed all the time because of it.
>>
What do y'all think about nonbinary people?
>>
>>6759893
hairspray
>>
How much potassium can I eat before I fucking die? Im like paranoid as all fuck and eat like no potassium at all if I can.
>>
>>6762709
You should be fine eating one potato or banana a day while on 200mg Spiro. Google "high potassium foods" and keep a list if you're really worried. And get regular blood work done.
>>
>>6762779
Can I just chop my balls off instead or something? I dont want to live the rest of my fucking life in constant fucking fear of having my heart rip apart.
>>
>>6762787
Yes, you should plan on eventually getting an orchiectomy or SRS. AA medication shouldn't be taken lifelong.
>>
do you take estrofem sublingually?
>>
>>6762709
>Im like paranoid as all fuck and eat like no potassium at all if I can.
that's pretty dangerous too. while i was taking 200mg spiro i ate a good portion of spinach without thinking about it. my fingers started cramping lightly but nothing worse happened. eat potassium, just don't overdo it.
>>
>>6759669

Long bangs?
>>
>>6761071
I don't want a derail here, but if they have dysphoria that needs treating then sure. If nah then they can take their social discomfort and stuff it.
>>
I honestly can't fathom how cispeople can be cool about someone they know transitioning. It just doesn't compute, and it's a huge thing holding me back. How can that possibly go smoothly? It's inane to me that this is something people actually go through with, without burning all their bridges. And that our society facilitates it without people being forced to suck alleyway dick for black market cow hormones.
It was all well and good when I only knew about transwomen and thought "sure whatever it's got nothing to do with me and people can do whatever they think is best for them godspeed." But as soon as it hits me that transmen are also a thing and those suspicions come creeping up and a lot of feelings gain context and suddenly it seems it has a whole lot to do with me after all, suddenly it seems like absolute fucking insanity.
>>
>>6759893

You don't mean with a straightening iron, do you? I also have curly hair and was hoping to straighten it out that way. If so I guess there's nothing that can be done about my hair.
>>
Is there a good reason to not kill myself if I wish I was a girl and I know I'll never not want to be a girl?
>>
Does anyone know how hrt effectiveness changes with age after puberty and during your 20s. For example, would there be differences between transitioning at 21 and 26 and what would they be?
Everything I find online tends to be a hugbox that says it's never too late to transition, but I want honest feedback and facts if possible.
>>
>>6763147
So are you ftm? I don't really get what your problem is but try to remember not everyone thinks the same way you do.

>>6763840
With hrt you might be able to get close enough to a point where you no longer wish to kill yourself.

>>6764192
By your 20s most of the big puberty changes are usually done but more small ones will continue until around 30. Such as facial and body hair increasing and filling in. Your hip bones also usually fuse somewhere from 20-25 so that would limit hip growth. Oh and also balding and receding hairline too I guess.
>>
I started spiro this week and for the past few days my fingertips and around my fingernails have been hurting? Could this be something related to the spiro?
>>
>>6764247
I'm not a doctor and have no idea what I'm talking about but you should double your dose just to be sure
>>
>>6764378
Okay thank you I will do that.
>>
>>6764192
I started hormones when I was 26 and im 28 now and I have like B's maybe small C's. My face didnt change very much. I got curves and stuff. Im kind of between boy and girl. Im like a handsome guy who looks girly with a girl's curves on a male frame?

Basically this I guess.
>>>/y/2311617
>>
>>6764234
My hips are likely already fused then but I still don't have a ton of body/facial hair. Thanks for the input.

>>6764457
Do you regret it? I'm 25 and scared that it's already too late for me.
>>
>>6764535
Fuck no. I dont care about my body at all compared to how fucking amazingly right I feel in my body now that I have the right hormones. I'd rather die then go back.
>>
How much does FFS typically cost?
How do people even pay for it, assuming it's as expensive as has been implied?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-20-20-25-03.png (222KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-20-20-25-03.png
222KB, 720x1280px
:'(
>>
>I'm also worried the pretty hard hits I've gotten to my breast buds has also ruined them. If your breast hurts for a whole day after getting hit, does that mean it's definitely fucked?
Your breasts hurt anyway and are more sensitive as they're growing, so it's quite likely that's making them hurt well before the point where they're significantly damaged. I doubt putting stress on them (though hitting or crushing or anything like that) will be significant unless it happens a lot or is extremely bad, since otherwise most girls would have malformed breasts.
>>
>>6758802
There is no "actually" trans; it's defined by the symptoms, which you are experiencing. Judging by the amount of AGP people here and the amount of AGP hons you see, it's more common than most would like to acknowledge, especially on the part of trans people who don't want to feel like their identity is invalid or be associated with people who give normies a bad impression of what transsexualism is.

You can be AGP and have extreme gender dysphoria and benefit from transition just like a non-AGP person. AGP can make it harder to identify non-sexual motivations because of the sexual motivations getting in the way, but they can definitely exist.

Read the AGP generals here. Also read this thread (where the OP is AGP and has been happily transitioned for 10 years despite ever even having had gender dysphoria): http://move.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/5788347
>>
>>6764696
Following prices are for US surgeons and are in USD.
FFS alone is like, 15k, but when people say FFS they mean FFS, rhinoplasty, chin shave, brow reconstruction, and whatever else you need. By then you're up to 30k or even 60k, varying greatly depending on how much you need and who does it. You really get what you pay for.
You know the computer science tranny meme? It's not a meme. Comp sci fucking payyys and that lets you get that surgery fast. Others get a bachelors of the arts and whore themselves out for the money COUGH COUGH RED COUGH. Some enter crippling debt and plan to kill themselves at 30. Others are in countries with real fucking health care systems or countries with taxes low enough that they aren't in the government induced psuedopoverty produced by a largely free market health care system in a country with 40% gov't GDP FUCKING SOCIALIST LIBTARDS REEEEEEEEEEEE.

So yeah hope that helps.
>>
>>6761071
The seemingly large amount of people who incorrectly identify as it (because they don't conform to gender stereotypes or something rather because of their actual gender identity) makes it seem more snowflakey than it really is. It's very plausible that it exists, and I'm basically accepting that it does despite not knowing much about it.
>>
>>6762787
Get something better than spiro for now then chop your balls off after a few years.
>>
>>6765374
>countries with real fucking health care systems
>FUCKING SOCIALIST LIBTARDS
r u retarded?
>>
>>6764378
>>6764430
They're trolling. Don't do that.

If something starts happening after you take a drug then it's probably a side-effect of the drug and you should stop it or reduce the dosage, not increase it.

Tingling in extremities and muscle cramps is a side-effect of spiro. I've experienced it when I've taken my dose early, which I did when I started (first dose was at night and the second was in the morning the day after), and when I adjusted to keep taking it in the morning after changing timezones. It went away after less than 3 days.

If it doesn't go away then stop taking spiro and consult your endocrinologist.
>>
>>6765437
Either works. Both does not. If libtards want socialism they can fuck off to Sweden and stop ruining muh 'merica and muh freedoms. Look at places like Luxembourg, with super low taxes, just enough to provide the very basic infrastructure needed. Less than 10% gov't GDP. Insanely successful for its size and population. Capitalism just werks, as long as you don't mess with it too much.
>>
>>6764714
That picture is bad for evaluating ability to pass. It looks like you could maybe be able to but I can't tell.

Post a better picture here, or at least post that one properly.
>>
Is there any reason I never see anyone mentioning decapeptyl, here or anywhere else? Does it have another name or something?
(Private care in UK here)
>>
>>6765475
>Implying every countries can be what basically amount to a shell company for financial services (86% of GDP)
>Implying low taxe rate everywhere would not anihilate the competitive advantage of Luxembourg
>>
>>6765495
Its generic name is triptorelin (also sold as Decapeptyl, Diphereline, Gonapeptyl, Trelstar, and Variopeptyl, depending on the company selling it) but I've not heard of that either. It's a GNRH antagonist though, which are brought up in general here quite often.
>>
Hiya.
Just wondering if it's worth me starting HRT or if I'm never gonna pass. What age is the limit for passing well? And I'm NOT posting a picture of myself.
>>
>>6765545
Can't tell without a picture senpai.

Age only matters because you get more masculine/feminine as you get older, not because age actually does anything (though it does make you less responsive to sex hormones I think, but that's not the important part). You can be 30 and able to pass or 14 and not. Around 18-25 is the range where a lot of MtFs get to the point where they couldn't pass a significant amount of the time; not sure for FtMs but it's a lot more lenient because testosterone does a lot more.

Maybe you'd be willing to post a picture using unsee.cc
>>
>>6765545
All memes aside, there's no one hard cutoff date for passing.
>>
>>6765545
There is no age "limit", you have an excellent chance if starting before puberty, a good chance if starting before 18 and after that, it depends on your body type. There are people who started at 17 and are hons and people who started at 30 and pass flawlessly.
>>
>>6765374
>just want to fly planes
>always been good with computers
>comfy bush pilot flying pays pretty shit

well fuck, guess I'm gonna go get a comp sci degree
>>
>>6765545
see
>>6764457
>>
>>6765545
The same question has caused me so many long nights of inner conflict. I hope you can come to a decision that makes you happy.
>>
Ay maybe someone here can help me.

I've been questioning my gender since I was 14 and pretty much been severely depressed since.

The thing is though, it comes in waves, some times I'll be completely fine being a guy and grow out my beard and go to the gym, other times I look at myself in the mirror and get disgusted with my self, I'm 20 now and I feel like I am way fucked by testosterone at this point to even transition. I'm really hairy and muscular. Another thing is my parents are very conservative and would probably never speak to me again if I transitioned.

Which brings me to what I've been considering doing after visiting /femgen/ is just taking mones but not transitioning to become a girl, is this a bad idea?
>>
>>6765843
People ask about the same things you did here all the time. Short answer:
>dysphoria "coming in waves" is normal
>cis people don't feel this bad about their gender this much
>you can still take hormones without socially transitioning and benefit from the effects (mental and physical)
>the longer you wait for HRT the more masculine you'll get
>you can't be 100% sure you're trans but at a certain point you have enough evidence that you're just deluding yourself that it's actually going to be anything else

As for the other things:
>unaccepting parents are a problem but if they're going to disown you for suffering from a medical condition then fuck them (unless you absolutely need them for now; even then get on hormones and hide it)
>muscles will fix themselves because of low testosterone, hair can be fixed permanently with laser/electrolysis (though it will take a while and hurt)
>if being hairy and muscular are the only physical attributes you're complaining about specifically I'm assuming you're relatively feminine otherwise
>>
>>6756957
>orchi
If she had HRT before there won't be a T-spike. Get her levels checked, normally you don't need AA after an orchi. Still, she should get tested regularly.
Also, when will this meme of libido=T-concentration finally stop? I got almost 0 ng and my libido grew stronger and stronger over time.
>>
File: 1471208171107.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471208171107.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
>>6730621
Anyone got an orchi done?
I kinda want one, recently i got kinda okay-ish with my genitalia and even have it touched by my bf during sex. It's quiete sensitive, and i'm afraid i will lose that with the orchi. I still plan do get SRS in 4-5 years, during the meantime i would love to have a sex-life.
Also: how long did it took you to heal completely? How is your sexlife with it?
Is tucking really that mroe easy? My testes are inside my body 24/7 but tucking is still annoying... do you still need tape if you ever used it before?
... t.hanks.
>>
>>6766081
>you can still take hormones without socially transitioning and benefit from the effects (mental and physical)

Different anon, but can you expand on this? I know you can hormonal lu transition with surgically transitioning, but without socially transitioning? Seems like the sort of thing people would notice. And if it's not physically noticeable, what are the benefits?
>>
>>6766146
I haven't had an orchi yet but my T levels were nuked from 6mg E before I even got on AA and I can still cum like 3-4 times a day if I try. I'm a /d/ick girl and really familiar with my body and the psyche surrounding sexuality. Its mostly in your head to be honest. Ufufuflu is common. I lust for cock and bareing my boyfriend's children all the time. Its normal. Cis girls are just as horny, they just are usually prudes and ashamed of their body or some shit and never learn how to control their sexual energy. Theres also a certain level of body confidence and self-confidence of fixing your body and being right for once that gives you a lot of mental sexual liberation.
>>
File: 20160818_175910-1.jpg (404KB, 695x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160818_175910-1.jpg
404KB, 695x900px
>>6765489
Might post another one later, Im feeling p bad atm
>>
>>6768094
what happened to your arm?
>>
I'm questioning whether I'm trans or not. My face and body aren't masculine at all. friends say I "act girly". prefer to socialise with girls rather than boys. I think how I would look as a girl, and imagine myself wearing various outfits.

Help me pls
>>
>>6768176
>>
>>6768078
>my T levels were nuked from 6mg E
Yeah, your endocrine system doesn't work like that. You probably saw slight changes and must have thought your T was low.
>>
>>6768415
Not that person but 10mg EV IM brought my T to cis female levels. My endo wasn't surprised and said it was to be expected.
>>
File: IMG_20160731_214416.jpg (757KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160731_214416.jpg
757KB, 1944x2592px
What can I do to look more attractive/passable? I want to go from a 2/10 to a 7/10, is that even possible? pic related
>>
>>6768133
I scratched it so bad it became a scar, lel

Also, pic related. Its me, babycakes.
>>
File: IMG_20160820_131250.jpg (117KB, 518x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160820_131250.jpg
117KB, 518x518px
>>6768508
>>6768133
AAAAAA FUCK ME
>>
>>6768415
no i was seeing an endo who was checking my blood
>>
>>6766081
>>you can't be 100% sure you're trans but at a certain point you have enough evidence that you're just deluding yourself that it's actually going to be anything else

how do I know when I'm at that point though?

[spoiler]I'm pretty much 100% sure I am but still. [/spoiler]
>>
>>6768477
*fishing for compliments
just go please thanks ok
>>
>questioning
>reading first pastebin link
>"Virtually every individual I have interviewed reported wanting desperately to have hidden internal sex organs of the desired gender finally come to life during adolescence, giving them the desired secondary sex characteristics."

...You know that feeling when you're walking down stairs and you think you're at the floor but there's one more step and you freefall for a split second?
>>
I have a few questions:
>Do hormones make mtfs like guys, or is it a more psychological thing where they feel it's okay to no longer cover up potential gay repression?

>Why does this board hate transbians so much?

>How do I come out to my parents? I feel like I'm too much of a pussy to actually tell them face to face.
>>
>>6769616
1. Id guess its gay repression. Or maybe because now they react more/better to male pheromones. Probably both a bit, but personally i liked guys since forever.

2. Just a straight man memes.

3. Collect all your courage and fukken tell them. Or continue to be a pussy and write a letter.
>>
I'm on 100mg spiro and 1mg estrace daily. The prescription says take once daily and I forgot to ask my endo about it at my appointment. Is this e dose low enough that it doesn't really matter if I split it up or should I start splitting my pills?
>>
One of my friends suggested I could try tucking or something to deal with genital dysphoria. Should I buy a gaff? How do they work, anyway?
>>
>>6771405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZFhnFFItM

You can use any elastic underwear band thing if you don't have pantyhose.
>>
>>6762499
Won't that damage the hair...? I don't see any other girls doing this, so is it really the only option?

>>6763764
Sadly I do. I've been been straightening for many years and I've never had much luck with it at all, even if I get it perfect before I walk out the door.
>>
File: 20160820_222914.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160820_222914.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Hiya, /lgbt/!
I've never told anybody that I'm trans and am pre-everything. I was wondering if you think I'll ever pass as a woman or if that ship sailed long ago. Important considerations:
-I have a worryingly deep voice
-I'm 6' 2
How screwed am I?
And while I'm writing I have a few more questions. Firstly, how long does HRT take to work and how much does it cost? Secondly, how much does SRS cost? And finally, what are the chances that I can find a boyfriend that won't leave me once he finds out I have a dick pre SRS? It would also be appreciated if you gave prices in british sterling.
>>
>>6771993

You look like a more feminine version of a hot girl I used to know, you gonna look goooood
>>
>>6771878
>I don't see any other girls doing this
wat, almost everyone i know uses hairspray
maybe not every day but certainly they use it
>>
>>6771993
pretty eyes
>>
>>6771993
-Voice can be trained you just have to work on it consistently
-6'2" is tall but cis women that height do exist
-Refer to http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR for hrt timeline
-For hrt cost since you're british it can be covered by the nhs but that will usually take around a year to be approved. Almost every british tranny buys hrt online and self meds while waiting. I don't really know the cost another UK tranny could probably help you though. You can get srs covered by the nhs but apparently the quality isn't always that great. SRS cost is usually somewhere around $20-$30k USD. idk about the boyfriend thing try to find a bi or """"straight"""" guy who is okay with dicks.
>>
>>6772229
Thanks for such an informative answer. Does the NHS actually help trannies? I'm surprised after the amount of shit I see on the BBC discriminating against trans. And what do you mean the quality of SRS isn't great? How so?
>>
>>6772267
>And what do you mean the quality of SRS isn't great? How so?
not that poster, but the surgeons who works for nhs aren't good
basically have to go private to one of the big names to get a satisfactory result
>>
>>6772267
Yes the NHS helps trannies the waiting lists for treatment are very long though that is why so many self med while waiting. The NHS surgeons seem to be not as skilled or experienced as some other more popular surgeons and I think some use outdated techniques. You can always decide what to do about SRS later though it's not like you're forced to go to an NHS surgeon.
>>
anyone knows where i could get mtf hormones in mexico?
>>
>>6772636

Wouldn't that literally be any pharmacy/wherever you get drugs? It seems to me you don't even need prescriptions in poor countries from what I have heard. Just ask for estradiol and cyproterone acetate. Failing cyproterone, ask for spironolactone.
>>
>>6772744

that would mean they see me asking for this type of medicines tho, im lookig for secretive way of getting them

>poor country
i feel bad for my country now
>>
>large
>masculine
>pre-HRT
>just finally thinking about college when most people my age are finishing up their degrees
>treated to a lecture by my stepfather about how I should work in construction to help save up for college
>no good good way to explain why I'm not keen on the idea without outing myself
help
>>
>>6772967
I'd say I hate getting sweaty, and working outside on hot days doing construction would be absolutely miserable
>>
Stupid question, but what are some signs of genital dysphoria? I'm not sure if I'm actually developing it or psyching myself into believing I do.
>>
>>6771875
Okay, cool.

How do I handle tucking, though? I've never been able to do it cuz it hurt too much to try, I don't know how I get my nads out afterwards, and I think my testicles suffered damage at a young age? I prodded them when I was like 5 because I didn't know what they were and they got swollen and I had to go to the ER for it.
>>
How do I girlvoice without just sounding like some flamer fag?
>>
>>6773024
idk famalam i sound like a flamer fag
>>
>>6773024
Ease yourself into it and don't give it a dumb lisp like a typical gay guy. I've known quite a few people with feminine sounding but not obviously female voices and they got along just fine. Try to make it gradual, not a sudden change in how you sound to others.
>>
>>6771993
The NHS took around 3 and a half years to give me HRT, a huge amount of which was spent waiting while doing nothing, and much of the rest of which was spent going over the same things repeatedly (not for therapy, just to confirm them) after I had already been diagnosed. There was useful therapy was at the beginning and then it was all gatekeeping from there. I didn't self-med during this time because I'm an idiot and wanted the validation of the official process to assuage my doubts over whether I was really trans even though I basically knew anyway.

That is not far off normal. Some clinics also force you to socially transition (with proof) fora while before giving you hormones, but mine didn't (apparently they decide on a case-by-case basis but it's uncommon for them not to force you).

Self-med while you're waiting for the official process. If you tell them you are then they're obliged to help you with blood tests and give you a prescription so you don't hurt yourself.

You look feminine and you'll probably be fine. Grey market HRT is fairly cheap; just check the websites yourself; a lot of Europeans use qhi.co.uk. Official HRT is covered by the standard prescription charge of course so cost isn't an issue there.
>>
>been seriously considering killing myself
>have everything to do it, just don't know whether I will

will hrt make me less likely to go through with it
>>
>>6772744
Why do people always suggest cypro instead of spiro?
>>
>>6772989
Disliking your genitals

>>6773018
Uhmm just keep trying and see what works better for you personally I guess? If they don't come down on their own you should be able to gently push them out.

>>6775876
No one but you can know if it will.

>>6776322
Cypro is more effective and generally has less annoying side effects.
>>
>>6775876
How do you plan to do it?
(Asking for a friend)
>>
>>6776434
A 12 gauge shotgun and some high brass slugs to my head.

I'm just really nervous about the specific angle, because I don't want to be some retard that just shoots my face off and doesn't die.

I'm also worried about the recoil possibly making the shot go the wrong way, especially if the gun isn't stabilized/locked down. I want the shot to go right into the middle of my brain but if the recoil + the gun not being secured makes it jerk the shot might go off target.

I've also thought about the helium tank method too.

Wanting to kill myself has just gotten worse and worse over the years and it's not going to get any better, it'll just keep getting worse. My apathy is getting worse, my ability to enjoy anything is basically zero, I have no hobbies or friends.

Basically it's just the end stages of my life unless something magical happens.
>>
>>6775876
If you're dangling your legs on the precipice you have little to lose by trying. But it might make you emotional enough to go through with it before the other changes set in, tbqh. You will certainly benefit from therapy in conjunction. Going through a major life change with no one to bounce thoughts off of is awful.
>>
>>6772937

>im lookig for secretive way of getting them

Which means what? Someone's going to know you're a tranny, one way or the other.

>i feel bad for my country now

It's like that in my parents' poor Caribbean country too. But I have a question for you, how old are you? Do you know how young most trans girls in Mexico start?

I ask because I felt terrible being a tranny born and raised in the US, the first world, who started HRT at 20 despite that. I thought there was no way a tranny who was born in a poor country would have let that chance slip away the way I did. Then I found out some weeks ago that it seems rich countries are the only ones that require prescriptions for drugs. That was quite a shock because back when I was somewhere between 13 and 15 I was standing in a pharmacy and I remember cursing my luck that I needed to see a doctor to be able to buy estrogen. I wished it was as easy to get as ordinary ibuprofen; I didn't care that the cashier would still know what I was buying. Was the problem not having spending money? Because it's just strange to me that someone who had the cash in hand and no need to present a doctor's approval, say at 16, could have started HRT but didn't do it?
>>
>>6775876
It'll probably take the edge off just from being on it, even before the visible effects become significant. Many people report an improved emotional state, and no longer continuing to become more masculine should help that. Personally I felt a marked reduction in anxiety and generally felt happier all around as welll as a few other things after starting HRT; I'm still seriously dysphoric but it's better, and I no longer have to wake up every day knowing that I'm more of a man than before, so that's nice.

At worst, it'll do nothing helpful and make things marginally worse due to the increased emotional instability and the side effects of the drugs (which are just inconvenient usually). It's worth trying.
>>
>>6775342

(not aimed at you directly) Uh.. maybe not the best place for this. But I may or may not still have some of my self-med left. about 75g of bicalutamide, that I used before I went official. Anyone in EU want it? send me a mail [email protected]
>>
Why shouldn't I kill myself?
>>
Can dysphoria make you a more socially anxious/awkward over time(say, as your age progresses)?
>>
>>6778238
Any insecurity would eventually eat at someone like that I believe. That or you grow to not care about it.
>>
Would having hightened estrogen levels in a male affect MTF HRT somehow? Specifically in regards to timing of effects, but also in general. This is just curiosity speaking for now, I don't know if I'll ever take any steps to transition yet.

I've never offically been diagnosed with high estrogen or anything, but I've had a bit of a chest since I was 13 or 14. Nothing too obvious, but it's noticable if you look from the side, especially in tight shirts. I used to be on the somewhat heavier side back then, so I used to blame it on that. My weight slowly got better over the years, but I had a decent growth spurt around the time I turned 19 that put an end to any worry of being overweight.
I'm 185cm/80kg (6'1''/175lbs) now, but my breasts are still going strong, so I've been poking around for a bit and heightened estrogen seemed to be the logical conclusion, that's why I'm wondering.
>>
>>6776715
What is therapy like?
>>
Is facial epilation possible with coarse stubbly hair? Want a good temporary measure before I take the plunge with laser/electrolysis.
>>
Is it feasible to like move to another country for a while in order to pursue therapy and possibly transition in a place where no one knows you? Because I think that's the only way I'd have the balls. Spending a few years living abroad is normal where I currently live, too, so it wouldn't even be suspicious.
>>
>>6779830
Please dont epilate your face. Your face skin is much more sensitive than the skin on your legs and the hairs there are much stronger.

Epilating there spells disaster.

Try plucking instead, yes it'll take fucking ages, but it'll be much easier on your skin than a epilator.
>>
Would it be possible to go to a doctor and just ask to down anti androgens and not the estrogen? Im too spooked to go that far.
>>
>>6779830
No, bad idea. My electrologist warned me to never epilate or tweeze as it makes electrolysis take much, much longer.
>>
>>6781680
I epilate. I dont have the money for a permanent solution.
>>
Hey anons. Im on a 1000mg regimen of saw palmetto and puereria mirifica and flax seed oil (1000 each ofc). Been on it for 3 months now. Ive seen some very small changes. Is this normal? How long until i have curves and breasts?
>>
>>6781696
>herbal hrt
Ineffective and expensive shit.
You are wasting money, if you are selfmedding buy the real deal from qhi.

Your progress from 3 months probably is what 1 month on actual hrt would've done..
>>
>>6781700
Educate me anon. I'm herbaling it because I dont want to go through a doctor. Please help.
>>
>>6781712
https://www.qhi.co.uk/ky.asp?i=Estrofem
https://www.qhi.co.uk/ky.asp?i=Spironolactone

Reccomended dosages are in the HRTgen.

Qhi doesnt care about wheter you actually have a prescription so you can skip visiting a doctor.
>>
File: 1470827718899.jpg (144KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
1470827718899.jpg
144KB, 500x552px
>>6781720
Thank you very much anon.
>>
>>6781720
Is there no way to get these cheaper. A bottle of only 84 tabs is 48 usd.
>>
>>6781859
Trough the legit way if you got health insurance. :^)

IIRC the bulk of the cost is the shipping, so buy in bulk.
>>
File: 1469989281064.png (692KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469989281064.png
692KB, 963x720px
>>6781873
Thanx for the tips. I will see if i go for it. I have great health insuranve but. Well, I am in the military so I don't think they'd cover it.
>>
>>6781873
I WAS WRONG. TRICARE, THE MILITARY HEALTHCARE SYSTEM COVERS TRANS OPTIONS! :D
>>
>>6781922
Gratz. Now get your ass to an psych so he can diagnose you with gender dysphoria.
>>
>>6781927
Yeah
>>
>>6779755
It's like having someone to talk to who is invested in your betterment and well-being, but unlike a friend a therapist doesn't need reciprocity. Everything is an exchange, so they get wages instead. They're trained in guiding your introspection and are well versed in human troubleshooting. A talk therapy session may leave you feeling the opposite of how you felt going in. The effect over time can be profound.

Not every therapist will suit you personally and some therapists should end their practice yesterday. An ideal therapist works to both understand where you're coming from, and push you forward.

A typical session involves many open questions meant to help you explain your motivations to yourself. Or maybe you've been thinking about something you can't share with just anyone and want neutral and well intentioned feedback. That kind of thing. Certainly helpful during transition, a tumultuous period in ideal circumstances.
>>
Someone had severe depressions and was questioning their gender? I'm on DIY HRT and still doubting, usually I feel nothing / emptiness because of depressions, like I have no personality at all. My therapist isn't of much help and I try go go on anti-depressants asap (if I can endure the wait). No idea what I can do anymore.
>>
>>6783370
Find yourself before you change yourself, anon, else it's merely escapism
>>
My girl voice sounds a bit like a falsetto. What exactly am I doing that makes it sound that way and how can I avoid it? I've watched a lot of videos about it but I'm still having trouble understanding.
>>
File: 1468306964882.png (341KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
1468306964882.png
341KB, 500x729px
So i am 22. I have only recently stopped denying that i am trans. Or at the very least a hugely feminine genderfluid. But is it wierd I worry that I am just being a special snowflake?
>>
>>6787665
All sorts of worries like that are common. We can't help you do much about them unless you expand though.
>>
>>6787665
>22 and hasn't started on HRT yet
Hi hon.
>feminine genderfluid
This is a special snowflake tumblr meme. You're either male or female. Transsexual is a thing, transgender is not. If you can't describe your gender identity without resorting to made-up words, you should spare your dignity and go by what's between your legs.
>>
>>6787674
Well I am seriously thinking about starting HRT. Since I was a kid, looking back, I have wanted to be a girl. But that was a secret I told no one. Later on I brushed it away. But now I have been thinking hard on it. And, well I am pretty sure I am trans. I look back sometimes and realize now why I got so sad just looking at cute girls. Even if i feel femenine dont look the part. Im horrid. And now i think on all this and wonder if im just a special snowflake. Asking for attention. My biggest question is, does anyone else feel like this sometimes?
>>
>>6787777
Genderfluidity is quite deffinitly a thing. I added feminine on there to just say i lean toward the female side more often than not.
>>
I am considering self-medding with 4mg estrofem + progesterone without spiro. However, what progesterone do you recommend and how much is a cautious dosage that would let me to test the waters?

Also are there any activities that I should avoid?
>>
>>6787831
You seem like you want to be female, physically as well as socially. Everything you've said is pretty standard. Honestly, whether you're "really trans" or whatever doesn't matter, since the point of knowing that is to help inform you of whether you'd benefit from transition. If you think you'd benefit from being physically more feminine, being able to present as feminine without social rejection, and being thought of as female by others, then you would benefit from transitioning.

Being trans isn't attention whoring, nor is considering yourself trans when you have the symptoms of it.

What makes you think you might be genderfluid, and how are you defining "genderfluid"? Nothing you've said indicates you consider yourself to be male or identify as male at all.

>My biggest question is, does anyone else feel like this sometimes?
Pretty much every trans person has doubts. If you have enough evidence that transitioning is a good idea you need to just ignore the irrational ones and do it. Feeling like you're "pretending" or "just confused" is common.

Not that any of this makes it certain that you're trans, but the signs do seem to point to that and you should pursue therapy and get a doctor's opinion. If you're sure enough then self-medicate HRT so you don't grow more masculine while you're waiting fo a doctor to tell you what you already know.
>>
>>6787962
Without an antiandrogen that isn't going to do anything. Why do you want to do that?
>>
>>6787978
I'm scared of spiro because I have a diet rich in potassium.
>>
>>6787984
self med with cypro then?
>>
>>6787989
I'm scared if cypro can fuck up my liver, considering I drink dietary supplements such as protein shakes, and I also want to add fish oil. I don't drink alcohol though, or rarely just a beer or two. Not sure of how much my liver can be strained.
>>
>>6787984
Use a different drug then. If you know why you have to take spiro then you know why it's necessary.

The alternative is to take like 16 mg of oestrogen and give yourself a heart attack (and still with reduced benefits) like in the good old days.

Liver strain from cypro is significant but not that much. Protein shakes aren't going to be a problem; heavy drinking or existing liver damage is where you start to worry. If you start experiencing liver-related issues then you can stop; it's not going to become serious or permanent suddenly.

Bicalutamide is an alternative antiandrogen.
>>
Is Progynova straight up superior to Estrofem?
>>
>>6788002
best part with cypro is how you can ramp down the dosage over time as it kills the balls and less of it is required to maintain status quo
>>
>>6787972
There are times i feel male. Even though i lean towards the feminine. The reason i am considering hrt is because i can easily look like a feminine boy if i feel male at any time you know?

Anyway thanks. Youve helped me. I am already talking to the base therapist tonight.
>>
>>6788103
>feminine boy
with cute boyboobs yes
>>
How do I convince my friend Suzy to transition ??
>>
>>6788118
Yes garnet. I shall do so.
>>
>>6788234
You don't.
>>
>>6788253

Nice to see transphobia is alive and well !!
>>
>>6788002
self med with bica?
>>
My doctor has me on finasteride and patches with a 100 microgram/day rate until I get an appointment with the specialist, is this useless?
>>
>>6788676
no
>>
>>6788262
Well, considering suzy is trans she'll probably transition in one way or another anytime soon.
>>
anyone else have problems being very ashamed of being trans? it's ridiculous too, because i just got to uni, and people here are very accepting of trans people, but i can't bring myself to tell anyone i'm trans. anytime i see people that look visibly trans, i feel really ashamed, and it gives me tons of self-loathing. this probably makes me an asshole, but i'm not sure how to stop, and i don't want people associating me with the trans community. i feel like people will think i'm one of the tumblr-types if i come out.
>>
>>6791194
It's probably pretty normal.
At least, in my case, I'm still hoping deep down that I'm not trans even as I'm going forward with it, talking to my therapist and such.
I think, unless you knew from a young age, that it's a natural progression from "oh god I can't be trans, please don't let that be it" to "fuck this is the worst I never asked for this" into some kind of acceptance.
>>
>>6791246
yeah I guess. i've known i was trans for a few years now, but this is the first time i've ever been in a position where i could actually transition, and the first time i've ever really been around other trans people before
>>
>>6744919
>Spiro and Bica
>AND
>>
Why do people act like it's ok to be a virgin when you're over 20 when it's obvious it isn't? They just try to comfort virgins by saying things like "you just haven't found the right person despite actively trying for years; totally nothing wrong with you though despite the contrary being clear".
I'm so fucking lonely, and of course I'd be trans so people have more reason to avoid me or treat me like a fetish object.
>>
>>6769381

>"Virtually every individual I have interviewed reported wanting desperately to have hidden internal sex organs of the desired gender finally come to life during adolescence, giving them the desired secondary sex characteristics."

Yeah, that was me. What do you mean by
>...You know that feeling when you're walking down stairs and you think you're at the floor but there's one more step and you freefall for a split second?
though? You remembered something important like that and had an epiphany?

>>6794146

Why couldn't you get any before trying to transition? I'm a virgin at 21 too, but in high school and after that , I got attention from girls despite being a sperg who never once initiated a conversation with them.
>>
>>6791194
I've been to uni and nobody gave a shit i was trans. Got treated just like any other girl there.
>>
>>6794171
>Why couldn't you get any
I'm pretty sure people are just afraid of me because of my appearance and shitty past. No way I can afford surgery or change my past though and I wouldn't know what to change with either.
>>
Is it common for pre-everything trans people to find the idea of dressing as the opposite sex awkward, if not making them somewhat dysphoric?
>>
Anyone have detailed info on DIY HRT for FtMs? I'm looking for what to buy, places to buy, dosage info etc.
>>
File: tumblr_o01xjvYq7x1tcq6kro1_1280.jpg (67KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o01xjvYq7x1tcq6kro1_1280.jpg
67KB, 750x750px
>>6794924

Including guys who were willing to give you the dick and to date you?

>>6795091

Do you look aggressive and frown a lot?

>>6795424

I don't think it's uncommon.

>>6795543

If you're in the US, anabolic steroids are unfortunately controlled substances. So your only hope is to ask the guy in your local gym that looks like this guy where to get some "gear." If you live close to the border with Mexico, you can get some from a pharmacy there because apparently it's not a controlled substance.
>>
File: 1472040440537.jpg (56KB, 757x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472040440537.jpg
56KB, 757x500px
Can someone explain me how do antiandrogens for MtF work?
>>
>>6795543
reddit/sst
100mg test e once a week will put you around 600-700 ng/dl which is very well within normal levels of young men
>>
>>6795699
>Do you look aggressive and frown a lot?
Pretty much, I guess. Not quite aggressive, just scary/intimidating; dark eye sockets and that. When I smile naturally, it's barely visible.
>>
File: Hello there.png (98KB, 480x547px) Image search: [Google]
Hello there.png
98KB, 480x547px
Please talk to me

My kik username isnt that long....
>>
looking for some advice here i guess...i know that i have dysphoria, but i'm not sure if it's bad enough to justify transitioning. there have been times where it's been really awful, and i've definitely wanted it, but other times i am able to still feel alright and enjoy myself anyways. i guess i feel like if i'm sometimes able to feel alright, maybe i should make more of an effort to live as my birth sex, instead of uprooting my whole life to transition.
>>
>>6796340
Just like you don't need to be constantly suicidal to be depressed you don't need to be constantly dysphoric to be trans. It's still ultimately up to you to decide what is best for you but just know you aren't disqualified from being trans or something like that.
>>
>>6795699
I hung out with guys that liked me but never had sex because i was pre-op. I could not handle the thought of having sex while not having had the surgery. So any dude that wanted intimate stuff with me i shut it down immediatly. Sounds sad maybe, but i'm not having sex until i have a vag.
>>
>m, 20
>not sure if trans
>hate my reflection for no particular reason, just feels like it shouldn't look like that, cannot explain
>think about being a woman a lot
>urges to remove body hair but afraid what people might think
>averse to haircuts despite the impracticality of long hair
>feelings came out of nowhere after I tried to kill myself at 15 in a psychotic fit that I can't really remember
>not averse to genitals, not fond of them
>not attracted to men
>typically masculine brain/behavioral patterns, highly logical, aggressive, no *aternal instincts
>occasionally break down crying when watching or reading something sad
Not sure what to make of it.
>inb4 therapy
I have basically no money but insurance would cover informed consent HRT with a ~9$/month copay.
>>
>>6797876
Your insurance DOESNT cover Psychoanalys? What the fuck.
>>
>>6797904
It's the worthless Obamacare shit that's basically only good for saying "Yes, I do have health insurance." to avoid the fine and make the US healthcare problem appear to go away statistically.
>>
>>6783962
useless platitude
>>
>>6795741
google:
spironolactone/cyproterone acetate/bicalutamide pharmacokinetics
>>
why am i alive
>>
File: 1381410860201.jpg (36KB, 450x351px) Image search: [Google]
1381410860201.jpg
36KB, 450x351px
Currently on 6 mg progynova 200 mg spiro per day. Been at this dose for at least 6 months but my T is still at 2.08 ng/ml. So I've been wondering what to do. I've been reading about bicalutamide and it seems legit. Any advice? How much bicalutamide should I take? Info is scarce for bical dosages.
>>
>>6803086
I've heard that Bica is effective at doses as low as 12mg. Some take 25mg. My endocrinologist has me on 50mg.
>>
File: hair.png (810KB, 1184x666px) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
810KB, 1184x666px
Will having surgery make me more attracted to males? I think I subconsciously don't see them in much of a sexual light because I'm incapable of sex with them. At the same time I feel weird with females for the opposite reason. I sincerely want to date and marry a man but I'm not sure if I can be sexually attracted to him.
>>
>>6803150

How has it worked out for you so far?
How are the side effects, if any?
>>
>>6803158
Can't really say since bica is what I first started with. I haven't felt any adverse side effects at least.
>>
>>6803187

But your testosterone has gone down properly on that dose? Hope you don't mind me asking but have your testicles atrophied at all? And how is your libido? I heard some stuff about bica so I want to check.
>>
>>6803211
Bica only blocks T. It's not reduced.

My balls shrunk and my sex drive is almost nonexistent.
>>
>>6803272

Thanks. But eventually your T should go down right? Once your testicles stop producing it?
>>
>>6803293
No, your balls will never stop producing T so long as they're still attached. Estrogen can reduce T though.
>>
>>6803307

Oh.. I had thought that once they shrunk they basically became the state they were in during pre-pubery and didn't produce test. anymore.
>>
>>6803310
That's not quite right.
>>
>>6803315

Pls explain.
>>
>>6803317
Balls do not just stop working. Ask your doctor.
>>
>>6803336
CYPRO
Y
P
R
O

That stuff does stop your balls from working. Its great!
>>
>>6803585
Not prescribed in the US.
>>
How long until I experience post minoxidil shedding? It's been almost 2 weeks and I still have all the hair I gained back from using it.

Is it a 100% chance of happening?
>>
how do you cum just from anal, been tring but can´t. Help
>>
next thread:

>>6805996
>>6805996
>>6805996
>>
>>6805927
Quick backstory:
My hair started thinning in may 2015, it started getting worse around october 2015. I started finasteride and minoxidil at the end of february 2016. Stopped using minoxidil 2 weeks ago, still on finasteride. I turned 17 in march and started hrt 3 months ago.

Results:
I've gained back >50% of what I lost. I've still got 2 small empty patches, but they're only visible if I lift my hair up and since my hair covers them it's no big deal. From what I can tell the hair that's grown back is the same as the rest of my hair.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.